Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Witch's Garden

Witch's Garden

a part of “Witch's Garden”, a fictional universe by Lurelle.

With their kingdom in turmoil, can a small group of peasant heroes save their land from a deadly evil poised to destroy everything they've ever known?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Witch's Garden”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Witch's Garden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Enough talk... me smash!
'I had to be a Warrior, a slave I could not be! A Soilder and a Conqueror, fighting to be free!'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Hyperbole and a Half = MY LIFE. You all should read some of her other posts. Like "Alot is Better Than You at Everything". That's a great one for all you grammar sticklers! It mainly focuses on when people combine the words "a lot" into "alot". HILARIOUS.

Nice to meet you Rill!

Also, flickery- thank you! :D Sooo... I just noticed that my signature is so much different than everyone else's. It seems like people put meaningful quotes and stuff in there... Mine is just memories of me being stupid! :) LOL.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 am

No, leopardspotz. I. Read. Everything.
It took a long time ;_; My favorite was "God of Cake" to be honest.

Oh, and has everyone checked out the AWESOME EPIC TOTALLY COOL YOU SHOUD CHECK IT OUT RIGHT NOW place I added? In places? I believe it's called journals and dreams. Like you guys suggested. I tried my hardest T~T
So, give it a run or two. Maybe when there isn't much to post about.
POSSIBLE ENTRY ONE?

"And the the brave hero feasted on cupcakes! He gorged himself onto the pink frosting, and his beard grew flowered with pink pastel roses from the sugary frost!"
... I don't know.

Lurelle
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 am

@ Flickery: No Stripperella or Naruto! Just my whacky imagination and watching this before going to bed! (Yes, this is a video of a ninja pole dancing.)

@ Leopardspotz17: The way Ivory responded made complete sense to me :) I've always taken her as someone who is really in-tune with herself! And yayyy for your post!

@ Rill: Welcome!

@ Lurelle: Wewt! The new place looks awesome!

Actual Business: I simply combined my last post with the group with my character's post of time spent between now and the meeting time. If that proves to be problematic for anyone, or too wall-of-text-ish, please let me know! I'd be happy to split the two up. It just seemed easier to continue writing :)

Daffodils and Buttercups,
Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Awesome new place!

Lurelle... YAY! You read all of it! Woohoo! "God of Cake" was one of my favorites too. "Texas" was another great one. I can imagine Allie just wandering around in what appeared to be the "yellow" section of a shady grocery store. Her art skills are fantastic.

I should post! But one question... Are we meeting at the bell tower? I was under the impression that we were just supposed to meet outside by midnight... Needless to say, I'm a bit confused.

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Last edited by CortexiphanGirl on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby N!ghtmare Tra!n on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Ah! *bangs head* I promised myself I wouldn't get behind in this roleplay!
...but I have, & lots of homework & sh!t to do.

So what's going down? At a belltower??? huh??!!!!

N!ghtmare Tra!n
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Nono! Not Belltower lol.

flickery wrote:Epic! I knew you had a reason for that! :]

Also, despite what the other player misintepreted. No Siegward did not ask them to meet at the 'lighttower' LOL, if he readfs this, Siegward mentioned 'when the bell tower strikes midnight' it simply means that they get out by midnight. XD

Lepardsoitz is right (I am lazy to correct hideous spelling errors ...but not to type this), we meet outside, I think the post right after mine confuzed you all XD

Meeting at the bell tower would be a bad, BAD idea I think -not sure but bell towers are usually located in the center of towns and that's not actually ninja-sneaky if they were all to set off from there.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeesh! There is a vast amount of confusion happening up in here. I will attempt to correct the problem in my post...

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 am

D: Why does everyone think my character says 'Meet at the belltower'?

He simply used the belltower as a reference for time! XD He might as well have said "When the clock strikes midnight", he meant meet outside the City at midnight.

But at this point I'm just going to use my godly OOC influence and treat it as if my character said "Let's meet at the belltower" because everyone seems to agree that what was happened -Poor Siegward ...one day he'll learn of the powrs that be (Us).

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am

I may not be able to post tonight, had a horrible day today and tomorrow is likely going to be just as so. If someone would like to go on describing the setting or pushing the story forward, that'll be nice as well :].

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:20 am

Okay, flickery~ sorry for the misunderstanding, and here is your hypothetical "hall pass", if you will.
And Everyone please help me welcome Resurgam! =D
His character is special - Resurgam doesn't need to read any of the four pages of posts we have. (although you should. Because we're awesome. =P)
So, HI! .... AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Lurelle
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Arg! I guess I'll have Ivory head on over to the belltower then... Also, LOVE Resurgam's character. :D

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 pm

*takes hall pass*

*draws awkward sexual innuendo on it like most pre schoolers*

:D

We have a new character!? D:!

Edit: Ah. Mah. Gahd. A villian, yeay! Welcome welcome, hope you attack our character soon.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Resurgam on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :)
I've been reading the posts so far and I'm excited at the creativity and skill of all the rpers here. I'll do my best to be a worthy villain.

Resurgam
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 am

Alrite I posted, just waiting for everyone to gather there XD.

Meanwhile, how should the following plot go like?

I was thinking that there were two routes we could go to advance the story:

One -we should scene skip till we escaped the City and the warning bells tolled just as we disappear into the woods. We could flashback the parts we played a little after. This allows us to proceed with the story where at later parts, we have ALOT (hahah hyperbole) more opportunities to show off our characters through encounters and such.

Two -we could roleplay out the whole escape, how each group did their job and such. Maybe use this opportunity to show off more of our characters by building up the setting ourselves. Perhaps a pack of guards could spot the group where then the warriors could hold them off for the spellcasters to temporarily disable the magic holding the gates shut, of course it isn't as easy as that but it's just a basic idea.

Which would everyone prefer?

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Hmmmm... personally, I would advocate for a time skip then have flashbacks (consisting of what option two would have detailed). I just don't want to spend so much time on the escape, as its detail isn't truly important to the story. Maybe things could go like this:

The crowd had finally amassed. Roughly one dozen people had gathered to hunt down the witch. Now only one thing was left - to escape the city.

"So, how do we propose to break through the physical and magical barriers?" Ivory asked. She could probably get up over the wall easily- the buildings built alongside the wall had lots of convenient handholds in the old brickwork. But as for the magical forcefield... A glint of light caught Ivory's eye. She turned to find "John" smiling, starlight reflecting off his teeth.

"I think I have an idea," he said.

------------------(Cut Scene)--------------------

The group finally settled to a relaxed jog, as the put more distance between themselves and the City of Light. It had taken some collaboration, but they had successfully broke through the barrier surrounding the metropolis. Ivory chanced a look back, trying to see if a pack of guards was chasing after them. After all, they hadn't left peacefully. If only they had moved quickly enough to miss the patrols... Ivory did not appreciate losing arrows.

Something along those lines. You know, sort of hint at what they did to get over the walls. Then characters could have there own flashbacks. I say we put the general idea of what happened here in the OOC, so people know what to flashback about...

Good idea? Bad idea?

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Either way is fine with me;
I can see the advantage's of time skipping, as we've been going for a while now and still not even gotten out of the city yet;

But I reckon the group needs some sort of challange or danger Soon to make them bond, at the moment everyone's delibrately ignoring everyone else in the 'I'm so mysterious and interesting' kind of way... which is fine to start with, but there needs to be that moment when the group actualy becomes, well, a group!

So my vote goes down to the time skip, but with some sort of battle or encounter afterwards ASAP :D

Also, welcome on board Resurgam :D

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Short and Sweet: I like the idea of the time skip!

I also concur with Rill.

Also, I love Liz's idea.

Also... I'm just going to leave this here =3
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
Because I think it's creative and adorable.
And fits some themes we've been chatting about.
And.
That is all.
*poof*

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Sounds good, guys.
I come with with the dreaded bad news!
For those of you in my old Soul Threads RP, it is now officially dead- OVER. Over.
I've written it's final post (although if you'd like to write something short on the rest of your character's life, thats fine).

Lurelle
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!