Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Witch's Garden

Witch's Garden

a part of “Witch's Garden”, a fictional universe by Lurelle.

With their kingdom in turmoil, can a small group of peasant heroes save their land from a deadly evil poised to destroy everything they've ever known?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Witch's Garden”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Witch's Garden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby solamente_mismo on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:51 am

Hey all, looks like I won't be posting this weekend. I've got IRL plans. Hahaha I'll be back on Sunday though, so don't worry about me ditching y'all. Have a good one!
( ^ carlantrus from pokestadium.com.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

solamente_mismo
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Hey now! >=|
GM intervention. If someone can't post as often as others, it's fine. Everyone has real life issues and whatnot wnd we have to work with that. Overposting is just like underposting. There's nothing really wrong with either of them, besides the confusion of a person or two. No one's done nothing wrong.. and we're still moving the story along, right? We're all good.

Okay, solamente. =3
Have fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lurelle
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

flickery wrote:
AxelZero93 wrote:yea well... lets see, jinx... well yea, anyway lets see, Ezekiel shouldnt be worn out yet, Siegward isnt posting enough, and that will slow this down, (where are you guy, i hope you dont slowdown the story too much...), Alyss will turn into a panther and tear you to pieces and Ivory will put an arrow in you... so your best bet is either alyss or Ivory.... hope this helps... :) back to sleep lol

Given that I have already stated that I can only make 1 post per day, I have stuck religiously to that routine as best as I can (yesterday I had to work overtime but I still checked back). The reason being that first, I am constrained by my real life. Secondly, I spend about an hour for a single post editing it several times to make sure it conveyed what I want in the sweetest, shortest manner.

Not to start an argument or anything but you did not post for 2 days either and when you do, you start throwing wall-O-texts that even though I am compelled to read while trying to be a responsible roleplayer, I am still human being and my eyes do have a limit. If you BURST POST all of a sudden, with your character handing out food (to literally everyone), telling his whole history, arguing with the necromancer, talking to the soul seer -it is expected that I cannot keep up. If you can post, good for you, but know that we don't live in the same apartment.

Honestly, I do not intend to slow down this roleplay but I feel that I have been as responsible as I can to this roleplay. In fact, I try to at least nod to anything that affects my character in some way (just read back). It takes time, it takes effort, it takes alot of edits. I understand we lead different lifestyles, we have different timeslots and are people of the world.

However, if everyone else thinks I'm a slow roleplayer (one post per day) and prefers not to have my character around. I'll gladly do so, my motto is "The story comes first" it always has been and I would not risk ruining it.

P.S On the side note, to N!ghtmare, maybe you could let Kasper decide for himself who he would steal from? :] Don't let you, the player, worry about the consequences. Where's the fun in that?

Dude,Chill, lol, I didnt mean to start an argument, and i didnt know, when i said that i was trying to mean it in a friendly joking manner, not seriously, i know people have lives,. and as for me not posting, i was the second one to post, and ive posted everyday since, so i dont know where that 2 day absense came from, and Yea i agree with you on ur side no to nightmare train, Do wat you want, i only gave out suggestions, but as i said, its up to you, i was trying to make it easier. and by the way can you tell me what burst posting is? cuz if thats an RP term, i dont understand it much, since im new to RP period. and for me handing out food and telling stories, i was actually doing a bit to follow your advice when you said about the tavern was played out and we should move the story along, but anyway im sorry if you misinterpreted that, hopefully we can keep roleplaying together well, because when i said that about the best roleplay mates it included you. :) have a nice day.

((plus the same day i said that i asked my friend sean to read along and he said the "the sorcerer" (meaning you) was his favorite character, but he was wondering why you dont post as much, so that was the main reason why i asked, so no harm done? we cool)) **extends hand for handshake**
When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:05 pm

so flickery, are we cool?

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Hello maeve :)

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:13 am

... (Post edited)

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 am

I was going to try and post something fluffy, sweet and sugar coated -- but I have a Physics midterm, 6 inches of snow outside to drive in and a head cold. :P

So you get it plain and simple, though it isn't meant to offend.

Axel, will you please slow down your posts so that we can get input from the rest of the group? I know this is a fantastic role play, and we have amazing role players to compliment it. However, even though I have been so active, to the point of it running me into the ground, I still would love to hear from our other characters. I think the pace was set at too fast of a speed. I think it would be beneficial if we pulled in the reigns, before people either get burned out or left out.

Axel, whether it was your intention or not, because of the amount and length of your posts it feels, to me, that there is an over abundance of "story-line weight" being thrown on your character. Your posts are descriptive, intuitive and inventive. I include you, when I say that the role play is full of amazing role players to compliment it. So, please don't take this as an attack on your style, or your writing. It is not. But, I do want to see this role play succeed.

So, options I've been brainstorming up:
1) Slow down the personal posting in order to allow our other characters to catch up and not have a daunting number of posts to dissect before they can actually post.

2) Maybe start a new "Location" and if players feel so inclined they can post stuff personal to their character. That could go for journals, background stories, memories etc. etc. And then if they were referenced in the post, i.e "And then Johnny remembered his dream... and he knew this was destiny. ((The full dream resides in 'x' location.))" Maybe that would make it easier to access for people who don't have the time to read through a long post, and would have posted something but decide not to since they can't read everything.

Of course, these are just ideas I've been thinking about. I won't feel bad at all if they are disregarded.
And of course, input and feedback from the others in this role play would be greatly appreciated!

-Miss Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby N!ghtmare Tra!n on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Lilair has a great idea, I think, since we all have our own backstories and how we are affected by the witch. And I agree, sometimes I come back on and see so many posts I have to skim and I can't enjoy everyone's writings. Sometimes the result of skimming is false information put in a next post, like I had skimmed AxelZero93's post about Deac's background story and had missed that he hadn't pulled off his character's hood. So yeah, I think an "X location" would work well.

N!ghtmare Tra!n
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 pm

I agree with Lilaiy, slowing down on the number of posts and amount of content having to do with your character might help solve problems. With each action a character takes, they push the story's timeline forward appropriately.

Example, if your character walks across town, which might take an hour or so, the story progresses an hour. But other people have not have their characters do what they would within that hour, yet you've set up the fight supposedly for everyone ...there ...across the town.

Now what else is there to do than abandon whatever's going on right now? Kasper's theft could lead to a situation whereby they catch him or Ivory warns everyone, this is definitely an event however you had your character walked off and had trolls attack you. Now if we were to post something before that hour is up, it would make the posting order awkward. Nor do we really want to drop everything at our hands and appear at that scene that is hardly related to us, even though the chance to show our characters in a tuff is tempting.

Honestly, I do not feel that the 'fight scene' was really for everyone. It makes us feel as if our characters are standing there, like stone, through all that time. So we're stuck, out of time, out of place. Lacking any motivation to post that we previously had because of the already messed up IC time.

N!ghtmare isn't the only one skimming through your posts, I am too. But it's not because we want to, it's because we HAVE to.
Last edited by flickery on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 am

Dear everyone, Mainly the one who has been harrassing me in the PM and in the OOC

oh my god, I know i messed up, i already apologized, can we just drop this whole thing and go on, i said i wanted to do better and I've told more than one person to give me advice, And i said i wont post as much, notice that i havent posted all day, and so yes i messed up the frickin story line i understand, but whats done is done, lets just find a way to fix it, fix it and move on with life, shall we? cuz im tired of the in OOC and PM bull that im getting, i didnt mean for flickery to take that personal, it was a god-honest joke and i meant no offense, i thought there would be the maturity to understand that the first time i said it, but no, it just kept going. but seriously drop it, its really sad to see a person cant make a mistake as hes LEARNING without someone jumpin on his ass about it. -_-; please dont reply to this, just let it go.
Sincerely AxelZero93 JI....

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 am

I'm not harassing you in PM, I sent you one ...ONE PM to tell you what's wrong and for you to slow down and you told me to suck it up. Don't act the victim here by making me sound like the bad guy, at least I had the courtesy to take it to PM rather than passive-aggressively attack someone's reputation OOCily (which you are doing, right now). If anyone wants to see the PMs to be your own judge, feel free to ask for a screenshot (quotes are editable).

The only reason I'm posting this in OOC is to defend my name. Don't use this drag me into this OOC war you're trying to start, the others here don't deserve to have to bear with this. If you're genuinely trying to resolve the issue, you have my support. Any other problems, take it to PM.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am

Whatever, those who care go ahead and ask for a screen shot but besides that, let's drop it there it's done, agreed?

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby solamente_mismo on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:33 pm

I don't want to throw myself into this. But I guess I am by saying...
Alright. Everyone needs to just calm down. And by everyone, I mean everyone.
:P
I posted to get things moving a bit again, since it seems as though there is an awkward silence going on after these shenanigans... I don't want the story to die just because of one little confrontation. Besides, it's easier to yell at and be pissed at words than it is an actual person. So I say, forgive, forget (but take things into consideration? I guess that's not too forgetful then. oh well), and continue the story. No need to let angst from the internets start trolling on your real life.
Have a wonderful day, everybody!
Solamente, out.

solamente_mismo
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm

WB Solamente =D

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 am

I apologize for the lack of posting over the weekend. I'm nearly caught up and I plan on posting this afternoon after my classes :]

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 am

No problem, RL comes first :].

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm

agreed.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 am

Hi,

It looks like everyone's abit confuzzled over where is what, believe me I also got that for a long while till I re-read everything over and over again.

Here is what I gathered.

The Scarlet Rose Tavern is the first place our characters 'met', it's a rowdy place with no vacancy to stay. It's where people gather to eat, drink or make merry.

One of the characters then mentions to meet up at an Inn across town/street?

This is where we split up to do our own things and arrive there one hour later.

The Inn across town is where most of our characters are now, I aptly named it The Holborn Lodge (as no one really gave it one) and gave a short description of it to brighten things up abit -which I'm glad a few of you agreed to in your posts :]. If you need any particular features placed in that I did not mention so as to facillitate a certain plotpoint of your roleplaying, feel free to PM me about it and I'll include that in where I can.

An Inn is where people can stay, this one in particular seems quiet and dim.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks for the orientation help Flick :D

I was certainly confuzzled.

And maybe I should just call you Flickery... because now I imagine you as an accident prone Ant who teams up with a bunch of circus bugs to save his colony...

:P

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Bug's Life... Classic! Love it. Anyways, I'm sort-of-kind-of back! HUZZAH! (I feel as if that interjection fits the time scheme here)

So... Real life is breathing down my back. I've got FINALS going on next week. Why does my school have finals in March? I have no idea. But it's a large portion of my final grade. Unfortunately, that has been eating up my time. But now, everything has reached a bit of a lull. I'm in the eye of the storm- there aren't any real tests or work to do this week because we're all studying for the exams. And since I'm a horrible procrastinator, I shall not study until it's Monday night and I have approximately 2 hours to cram as much information into my brain as a possibly can!

So, I'M BACK! Yay. Although, it seems as if I have missed quite a lot. Apologies for my absence. I guess we're all just heading towards the inn now. :) A ginormous thanks to Lilaiy who helped me catch up.

Also... I advocate for peace! :D When you're angry, I only have one piece of advice- Go take a shower. It's like a fail-safe stress outlet. Belt out some Fall-Out Boy in your bathroom and you're good to go!

~Liz

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!