Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wudgestuff: Requests and Shidazzles

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Re: ~Requests~ from ~Wudges~ [which means free crap]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh he's FABULOUS.
And Rowen's last name he chose it while very drunk (but in actuality I just slammed on the keyboard). He is not a very serious character and yet manages to be one of the most successful vampire character's I've seen.
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 am

Yay! I have the better looking picture! an artists rendition of Nel! And it looks so awesome *.*

Time to kiss your butt good sir/madam/blobthingy shove this in people's faces and be forever grateful.

Also, your inking. Ish. Awesome. Whenever I ink stuff, they look like ass, served on top of ass, with a helping of ass.

Then again they're scripples/dribbles/comics XD Do you have a deviantart account so I can rip off your art and use it in a roleplay admire from my monitor?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Ahahahha, I do sort of have a dA, but I never update it. This is really one of the only sites I'm active on! Eeeeventually I'll get myself a subscription and change my dA screenname to match this one, because I hear you can do that now.

(And on inking, TRY DIPPING PENS they're great when you've figured how not to let them explode. I'm not a fan of the pens (sakura brand, I believe?) that come in multiple sizes ~made specifically for drawing manga~, personally, since they seem to have a fraying, bleeding-ish effect. Assy ass ass.)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Wudgestuff: Requests and Shidazzles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Ooh-keeee. Might be a mite silly asking for visual critique from a writing community (but hopefully the opposite of silly because critiques are 99% words), but hey, I like you guys.

"Critique" might not be exactly the right way of putting it, actually. I mean, go for it if you really want, but what I'm most interested in hearing are the following:

The color. What the hell am I doing with the color? Is it a ~*~believable stylistic choice~*~, or is it all shades (lolol) of wrong?
Is the lighting a giant pile of bull dung?
Are the brushstrokes too big? Too small? So prominent that it's difficult to concentrate on the whole image and ultimately made you cry?
Do these elements work?
Does this remind you of the way another artist colors? (Show me!! <3)

Some notes--
  • The lineart is thoroughly unfinished, I just needed some placemarking sketches on where his features were. When I've dealt with it properly, his mustache and eyebrows will be way finer, and the contour of his face ought to be smoother. :P
  • The poor bastard isn't supposed to look like the next contestant on Hell's Kitchen, no. xD I was dancing between his military uni and a wedding suit and then suddenly he was a chef...!?
  • I don't want to hear ANY nonsense along the lines of "Welp! It's better than I can do! 8D" Because I don't care. I know that might sound mean and I'm sorry, but I'm not here to feel like I'm better than you are. I'm here because I want either a thumbs up, or a thumbs down. No vague misdirecting in-between statements, pleeeeaaaase.
  • I spent maybe... 3-4 hours on it? I'm aware that what I've uploaded as jpeg quality. I don't upload fancy pants HQ work unless it's commissions. :P
  • No hating on my signature! It's only on this jpeg wip; the actual .psd picture on my hard drive is squeaky clean, don't worry.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Wudgestuff: Requests and Shidazzles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 am

Shades. God you're swell.

Heeeeeeey!! Sorry for being so untimely as usual. Let's get cracking on today's episode of Iron Chef.
Here's a quick dumb paintover. When in doubt, turning the image grayscale is a great means of checking your values. My example is far from ideal, but I tried to exhibit larger brush economy and lighting consistency. Your color choices are very, very strong; don't hesitate to push them out of the middle ranges. Consider temperature as well--maybe neutralize the background a bit to bring out the most of the skin tones. Limit your overall pallet a bit and see what happens, or try a darker color in relation to the space around the figure when handling shadowed areas. Said color choice will reflect in areas around the face.

It's reminiscent of Rich Pellegrino's work which, reliant on sameness as it may seem, remains cohesive even as he exaggerates his subjects. See how each color plays off of specific features.

Map the planes of the face and the elements practically write themselves out. Numerous strokes that disregard them risk flattening the image! There are some gorgeous areas on the nose bridge, beneath the left eye (and the eyes, too--great whites), and around the right cheek beneath the brown of the jawline. The dark violet on the neck is particularly nice. Some great stuff is happening here. I don't think will be needed in the long run. Your painting skills carry enough definition. Watch out for undersized eyes and high arched brows; they tend to squash the forehead. Broaaaaaaaaden them man shoulders. And don't forget to flip flip flip and dip the canvas.

/HATES ON SIGNATURE naw, you're fine.

I hope that wasn't too poopy. It's been a while. s:

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!