Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

You don't own me- 1st Wives Club Elizabethan Era

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

You don't own me- 1st Wives Club Elizabethan Era

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Fri May 13, 2011 7:25 am

We all have seen the movie First Wives Club and how they formed the Cynthia Swann Center for Women. What we haven't seen or heard is that during the Elizabethan Era when Shakespeare and romanticism was rampant, a few wives were starting to get pissed at their husbands. Whether they got married out of love, money or arranged marriage, these women know that they deserve some much better than to sit and sip tea knowing that their husbands are sleeping with other women.

You don't own me
I'm not juss one of your many toys
you dont own me
dont say i cant go with other boys
bababababababaaaaa

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
AND DONT TELL ME WHAT TO SAY
AND WHEN I GO OUT WIHT YOU
DONT PUT ME ON DISPLAY

you dont own me
dont try to change me in any way
you dont own me
dont drag me down ,
cuz ill never stay

I dont tell you what to say
I dont tell you what to do
SO JUST LET ME BE MYSELF
thats all i ask from you

Im young
and i love to be young
Im free
and i love to free
to live my life the way i want
to say and do whatever i please
(Reapeat)

NO NO
you dont own me
NO NO
you dont own me
NO NO
you dont own me

YOUNG N FREE
YOUNG N FREE
YOUNG N FREE

YOU DONT OWN ME
(REPEAT *4)

YOUNG N FREE
YOUNG N FREE
YOUNG N FREE
YOU DONT OWN ME
(REPEAT *5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria, Duchess of Bonna.
She got married at the young age of 15 when her parents told her she would be meeting her husband in 3 days. And now after 10 years in marriage he might as well sleep in another room.
From dressing to the nines, buying the most attractive and pleasant perfume to having oysters and wine served at the dinner table. She has done almost everything to get her husband's amore back.
Until her sister spilled the news about the other woman.
How could she not feel threatened when the whore is 7 years less of her youth?!
Bigger chest and taller physique, she practically can be a living mannequin. Did Shakespeare's characters come to life?!

"But sister dear, you are prettier and smarter than her! You are the Duchess of Bonna and she's a nobody." Clarissa tried to calm her down as she rushed from one end of the room to another.
She paused and faced her sister, "I'm going to have her head cut off." Then bawled as the tears raced down her rosy cheeks when she heard someone giggling.
"What are you laughing at?!" She faced Clarissa.
"Well don't be silly. You are not the queen, you can't have her head cut off. Besides its just a rumour and you have no proofs at all," Next thing she knew her sister was all up on her jewelry trying a ring and a necklace.
She snatched her belongings away and stared furiously, "Now you're telling me that?! He hasn't kissed me in the lips for 4 years! 4 years Clarissa! How dare he call me wife when he was snogging a low life behind those starched and filthy curtains! Oh Clarissa, I feel like dying," She rushed to the bed, threw herself down and wallowed in self pity.
"Oh shush! Don't let the helps hear you like a wailing cow,"
But those words just made Victoria's crying louder.
"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: You don't own me- 1st Wives Club Elizabethan Era

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sat May 14, 2011 1:27 am

Bumping, come on!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Sun May 15, 2011 3:35 am

(Can I join this one?!)
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

An elegant young woman exited a carriage in front of the Duchess of Bonna’s. She was helped off of the carriage. One of her personal attendants knocked at the door and awaited an answer. Duchess of Suffolk Mary Margaret Howard stood tall, flattening out her emerald green dress gracefully. Her bright green eyes flashed in the daylight as she patiently waited.

Duchess Mary Margaret Howard had always had the privileged life of a member of the upper-class. She was often found at Court because her father served as an advisor to the King until his death. By the time Mary was five, she had already been promised to the Duke of Suffolk. When she was thirteen, she was married to the Duke and now, eight years later, she had begun to live the invisible life of the wife to an unhappy husband.

The now twenty-one year old was a devote follower of the Church of England and prayed daily to regain the love of her husband. As of now, it had yet to work. Today she was visiting her good friend and confidant, Victoria. They had been friends for a few years and shared almost everything with each other. They understood each other.

A small sigh escaped Mary’s lips.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon May 16, 2011 1:28 am

Yes @ghastly!

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Mon May 16, 2011 1:32 am

(Woot, woot. I took the liberty to go ahead and replied... :) I'm rude! HA!)

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 am

A loud knock was heard behind the door while Clarissa was consoling her sister of her sorrow.
"Who is it?" Clarissa took the liberty to check who it was for her sister. She knows Victoria is not in the best of shape to be talking to the servants.
"Madam, Lady Howard has arrived. Should I tell her to wait?" A soft yet distinctive voice was heard behind the door, it belonged to Maurice, the Butler of the house.
"Let her in," She ordered the man then faced her sister. "Oh dear, are you expecting a visit? You must fix yourself at once sister, one must not see you looking like this," Victoria heard her sister become excited all of a sudden.
"Oh Clarissa, I can't-" She started bawling yet again even before finishing her sentence.
"But Margaret has come all the way just to see you Victoria. Come on now, stand up and face the truth. She won't be happy to see you all torn apart like this," Clarissa tried to cheer her up. "Remember, you've got the ace. He doesn't have any clue that you know about the retched whore. Use your cards wisely, dear."
She felt someone pulling her up, as Clarissa tried to carry her sister and make her wash her face with cold water from the wash basin prepared earlier by the servants.
Victoria continued sobbing but followed her sister. The cold water felt good against her skin and provided a relief for her bulgy and sore eyes.
"Now pat dry your face and fix you all up again," She started combing Victoria's long brown hair and placed it in a french braid.
Victoria faced her reflection and saw how awful her eyes looked that she automatically reached for the powder herself. She tried to hide the puffiness and after a few minutes it looked like she never cried at all.
"Thank you Clarissa..." She muttered softly. Her eyes landed on the large diamond encrusted on top of her wedding ring.
"Up you go Victoria, I should get going as well. Remember, you've got the ace."
She nodded and went out of the room together with her sister and went to see her off before heading to the balcony to join Lady Howard for tea and biscuits.

"Margaret, darling. It's been a while since I last saw you. How have you been?" She walked outside to greet her great friend of many long years.
She walked up to her and welcomed her with open arms for a hug.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 am

(No, not at all. Go on! I was busy typing a reply for the RF. Long story short I accidentally deleted it and now I have to start all over again. UGH)

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 am

(I hate that when that happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry!)

A wide smile appeared on Mary’s face as Victoria entered the room. Mary embraced her friend in a hug, feeling at ease. Her smile faded away slightly, “I’ve been better, but by God’s good grace, everything will become well again,” she responded, “This I know.” Mary attempted to sound as positive as possible with her response, not wanting to hint at any unhappiness.

The young lady sat back down, taking a small sip of tea, “And how have you been?” She asked, perfectly unaware of the sobs that had just escaped Victoria less than five minutes ago. The two friends, no matter how close they were, were oblivious to the inner troubles that distressed them. She regretted not having been in contact with Victoria recently, but was pleased to catch up with her friend.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

Victoria quickly darted her sight down to the tea that she was holding, for a moment she was confused on whether she would tell her dear friend about her dilemma.
"I... I errr," Stuttering for words, she sipped a little from her teacup and continued, "Everything's been fantastic as usual, I can't wait for Dorothy to come by for the gown fitting. I've heard that the Queen ordered the finest chocolates to serve with the Italian wines given during Spring by the Queen of Italy herself. It will be grand like the rest of the Summer Balls. Have you had any inkling as what to wear to the event Margaret?"
A wide smile escaped her lips, somehow she wished she felt the real sense of her words instead of her heart breaking. Victoria picked up a biscuit and chewed, she was hoping Margaret would stick to the topic. It would help her escape reality for a few minutes, better for a short time than nothing.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Tue May 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Mary knew her friend better than Victoria knew. She sensed something was bothering her, but politely pushed it aside. She smirked at the talk of fashion, something she truly loved. An escape from the disastrous marriage she lived in.

“I’m not quite sure yet
 It’s always a little nerve wracking, picking out something to wear to Court. You have to always be aware of the attention you get, because it shouldn’t be more than the Queen’s attention,” she pointed out, taking another quiet sip of tea. “I’m thinking a soft blue color, oh
 but I don’t know
” She said, fiddling with her fingers.

“Are you sure everything’s alright?” She questioned.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 pm

She smiled at her friend's choice. Victoria had always admired how beautiful her dear friend is no matter what she wears.

Which reminded her of her husband's latest fling. Catherina Solomon, a niece by of one of the King's advisor through his wife. Practically a nobody, yet she had the courage to lure her husband under her skirt. This made her gaze into nothingness. Sadly, Victoria is taking everything hardly than her sister thought she would.

Suddenly, she was startled by Mary's inquiry. She tried to plaster a fake smile into her lips once more.

"But of course, why wouldn't it be?" Victoria gave her friend a small nod to encourage a good mood into their conversation.

Maurice then cleared his throat to make his presence known. "Milady, a letter has arrived from Lady Clarissa." He then handed her a sealed envelope. Yellow, her sister's favorite color. This made the red wax seal more vibrant.
"Thank you. Would you be so kind to fetch the letter set?" Victoria requested.
She stood up, her sister's letter had made her grow more weary.
"Of course, Milady," Maurice spoke to a maid and she quickly darted to get what she was ordered to do.
In a matter of seconds, Victoria was ripping the envelope open.

My dearest sister,

Philippe was so kind as to tell me more about Catherina. But don't you fret, he doesn't have any clue as to why I was asking about the wretched whore.
I have learned that the witch has been living under her Aunt's roof. As well know, her aunt was married to one of the King's advisor. A gold digger if you ask me. No wonder her niece is just like her. Where was I? Oh yes, Philippe said she had been unofficially adopted by her aunt ever since her mother died. (It was known that she has no father and that her mother was mistress, runs in the family I presume). She has been helping her aunt with her jewelry business. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Love and well wishes,
Clarissa.

"Could you all leave us alone?" Was all Victoria could say while the letter started to crumple between her palms.
Quickly as they could, Maurice shoo-ed all the servants and maids inside the palace and left the two friends alone.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Mary carefully watched her friend, “You just seem
 sad.” Her eyes gazed over her friend, it was clear, just the way Victoria’s face read, something was bothering her. She seemed stressed and sad, a familiar face. Mary had seen that face in the mirror several times before.

She attempted, nosily, to catch a glimpse at the letter. Although she was a well-mannered young lady, Mary was still a young-lady and therefore liked any sort of gossip.

She shyly sat in the room as Victoria dismissed her servants, leaving them alone. Mary felt a darkness fall over the room, something was wrong, but she just didn’t know it yet.

“Victoria, please, what’s wrong?” She bravely asked, deciding not to be the quiet one for once. She hoped that her friend could confide in her.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Tears started to race down Victoria's eyes, she was so gripping the letter so hard that her palm and fingers started getting numb. One by one, the servants quickly darted out of the place as if they forgot an errand.

“Victoria, please, what’s wrong?” Mary asked her.
And through clenched teeth, she broke the news. "Louis... sobs... Louis is sleeping with another woman," She hastily shared and her shoulders shook violently as she attempted to fight back the tears. Upon burying her face into her hands, she caused the letter to drop on the table free for Mary to see.

"I thought... I thought... Oh Mary! What did I do to deserve this?!" She wailed like a child. Nothing can compare to the pain it causes her. Her small chin quivered as she was wiping her tears away.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 am

Mary's own heart broke as her friend was stricken with tears as her whole body shook from the sobs that escaped her. Her brow furrowed as Victoria revealed the news. Another woman? How could Louis do this to Victoria? Victoria was young and beautiful, was this not enough to please a man anymore?

Mary embraced her friend, trying to calm her, “Shh, it’ll be alright.” Those words seemed like lies to Mary. Would things be alright? It was doubtful. She closed her eyes, as if pained by the thought that this plague had spread to another couple.

Mary ended the embrace, taking a step back, fiddling with her cross necklace, secretly praying for her friend.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am

Victoria felt how her friend tried to console her of the pain. She felt ashamed that she started crying like a baby when in fact Mary Margaret had always looked up to her like a sister, a brave sister. She sniffed, wishing she could take back the tears that had fallen from her eyes and tell Mary that it doesn't affect her. That she, The Duchess of Bonna, wouldn't let a nobody ruin their marriage.

Funny how people thought she was living a merry life. Knowing that people envy her for marrying Louis is as painful as the thought that her husband is trying to live a merry life with another woman.

She looked up to see Mary clutching her necklace. She knew very well that Mary always relied unto the Lord for solutions to her problems. Somehow, she find it ironic that she was the one considered braver between the two of them. How people saw her as Mary's protector for the longest time, when in fact it was Mary who had protected her all this time.

"Mary..." She called her friend's name with a soft voice. "I would surpass this. I promise this. I will take my husband back whatever it takes," Somehow her words felt empty. But she knew she had to.

(Dear, question! Does Victoria know about Mary's problem with her husband or is Mary hiding it? Thanks :) Hope at least another person joins us)

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 am

(I'm thinking she doesn't know... I feel like Mary would be the person who would be absolutely ashamed about that, her perfect Evangelical marriage is ruined! ;) )

Inhale. Breath. Mary told herself... She certainly wasn't the person to give advice on this issue, but she attempted anyway. "Victoria..." She began, "I know you will surpass this, with the help from the Lord, Louis will find his way back to you and away from the Devil. You are a strong woman, Victoria and you have more strength than I will ever have. He'll realize that he has done you wrong. Just keep being strong."

Victoria had the strength to take matters into her own hands, while Mary depended on the Lord, a third party, to make the change. No, Mary would never be as strong as Victoria.

(Mary is super religious... So weird typing this!)

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon May 23, 2011 6:23 am

(Sorry I was gone for a few days, had to stay with my mom while she's in the hospital. LOL yeah, seems like she could pass as a nun. Hmmmm a makeover sounds good on her :p)

"She'll pay for this. I swear I'll do anything to make them pay for this affair," Anger was know evident in her eyes, she was almost fuming mad over the matter and somehow revenge is the only thing that matters.
Just as soon as she was wiping her tears away, Maurice came rushing towards them. "Milady, Lady Antoinette. Something happened to her," He's face was flushed and panic was evident in her voice.

Antoinette Hover of Lourdes, is one of their tea mate. She wasn't as close to Victoria like Mary but she was definitely a common friend for both of them.

She looked at Mary with cluelessness and quickly stood up, "What do you ever mean by that Maurice?" There was a sudden nervousness in her heart.

"Milady, Lady Antoinette is- dead," Maurice spilled. Dread filled her, as if a huge stone just landed on her. Victoria quickly hugged Mary. "She... She... decided to take her life." He finished.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 am

(Ooooh, good twist! And yes... Mary could pass for a nun! HAHA!)

Before the news of Lady Antoinette hit, Mary listened intently to Victoria. Perhaps Victoria could give ideas to Mary about how to deal with her own husband’s affair.

When Maurice came rushing in, Mary had no clue about what had happened to Lady Antoinette. Yes, they were close friends, but Mary was unaware of the internal struggles she was having
 with her own husbands affair (I’m guessing
 yes?)

With the news of her death, Mary gripped the nearest chair, afraid she would fall over in shock. Dead? How? Why?

Then everything came tumbling down. She had taken her own life! Mary’s breath shortened as Victoria hugged her. She pushed her friend away, “I can’t breath,” she said, quickly sitting down, calming her nerves and taking shaky breaths. Her hands shook
 “How
?” Was all she muttered.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 am

"Maurice, get her some water." Victoria quickly ordered her butler as she caressed Mary's back gently.
"It'll be alright, just breath in and out. In and out, come on. In and out," She quickly advised her friend. Victoria somehow forget about her own dilemma as well as her sorrow on Antoinette's situation.

She should have been with her. She should have visited her more often, like the old days. Like she used to. Now, Victoria is staring at empty space feeling guilty on how she should have seen the signs that bothered Antoinette when they last met. The woman had lost so much weight. The usual glow was gone from her eyes, even when Victoria asked her how she was, all she said was that she was having sleepless nights because of her new home.

Not even a year has passed that Antoinette has gotten married. Arranged of course, but she knew her friend was happy. Antoinette have been secretly in love with Pierre even though the later had been known as a womanizer. She got her wish of course, care of her Daddy's fortune. So how could Victoria known that she was having trouble with Pierre?

She could just kick the bastard's balls, she knew that somehow it was because of his vices.

"I... I don't want to end up like her," She knelt next to Mary and stared at her friends eyes. "Pierre, it was Pierre who caused her death." She guessed.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!