Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zodiacs Needed!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Zodiacs Needed!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 pm

This roleplay is based on the Zodiacal concepts, placed in a medeval setting.
Plot, charcters still open, and rules are listed below.

See the main thread here.
Claim a character or characters here.

I have only include descriptions of the open charries. I will remove character descriptions as they are taken.

Children of the Zodiac:
Righting Wrongs

We as humans are unable to perceive the amount of worlds in which people dwell. We are but a one meaningless population of many, many populations scattered across the universe. The populations set in place by the Zodiac, the gods and goddesses of the worlds. They create the beings on each world and watch over them carefully, leaving them to their own devices while making sure they do not go astray.

Every now and then, a world does go astray - terribly so. And with heavy hearts, the Zodiacs end that world and wipe the life from its surface. They mourn the death of their children before creating a new, fresh world to replace the old one in hope that this one will not fail, as they all inevitabley do.

The world of Taushin is one of those dying worlds, a corrupted world that has earned itself a death sentence. Taushin is still in its medeval period, and many have turned against the kindred king and the laws he set out for the safety and comfort of all. He and his queen are assasinated and their only son is imprisoned so he cannot take the throne.

Without the king, Taushin has grown incredibly violent and dangerous. It is unsafe to leave one's home, and money is scarce. Sadly, Aries, the leader of the Zodiacs, commands Capricorn, the Death Zodiac, to end the world before more innocents suffer. However, just as Capriccorn raises his hand, Sagittarius, the Wisdom Zodiac, raises his hand to stop the destruction.

The Zodiac tells of another way, and bids each Zodiac bring before him the blood of a dying creature, a gemstone, and substance from an uninhabited celestial body.

Aries brings the blood of a ram, a diamond, and Martian soil.
Taurus brings the blood of a bull, an emerald, and soil from Venus.
Gemini brings the blood of twin wolves, a moss agate, and soil from Mercury.
Cancer brings the blood of a crab, a pearl, and a Moon rock.
Leo brings the blood of a lion, a ruby, and light from the Sun.
Virgo brings the blood of a dying virgin maid, a red-brown sardonyx, and soil from Mercury.
Libra brings the blood of a dying man of honesty and justice, a sapphire, and soil from Venus.
Scorpio brings the blood of a black scorpion, a opal, and ice from Pluto.
Sagittarius reveals the blood of a dying horse and his ailing rider, a topaz, and gas from Jupiter.
Capricorn brings the blood of a goat, a black onyx, and ice from Saturn's rings.
Aquarius brings the blood of a hard-working man, a turquoise, and gas from Uranus.
Pisces brings the blood of a fish, a moonstone (not from the moon; it's a gem), and gas from Neptune.

As the others look on, Sagittarius waves his arms over the piles and calls for the blood to grant new life in the image of the Zodiacs. The items swirled into human shape and gradually solidifed into twelve children, all appearing to be in their early teens.

For the nest two years, the Zodiacs trained their children- some had supernatural abilities, others did not - to do good and to find it in their heart to help the people of Taushin. In these years, they grew rapidly, soon appearing as young adults capable of fights and falling in love.

Now, the Zodiacs send their children to Taushin. They each have a role to play in the redemption of this world, a grander mission that is divided into three sub-missions:

One: Rescue the prince and the imprisoned innocents.
Two: Train eager warriors for the war to come.
Three: Take the weaker innocents to a safe haven outside the kingdom's borders.

The Children of the Zodiac must be persistant. For if even one is killed, all is lost.

The Basillica

The Basillica is the home of the Zodiacs. It is an expansive castle tucked into a corner of the heavens, unable to be accessed by anyone without supernatural abilities or ancestry. The Basillica is infinately enormous, with rooms for virtually everything. Each of the Children has their own quarters in the Basillica, of which consists of a bedroom, study, kitchenette, and a training room. This is where the Children spent their two years of training. Some had interaction with the other Children, others did not. ("Siblings" always have interaction, however.)

The Kingdom of Taushin

The Kingdom of Taushin is a large, village-like city with small homes, no electricity or such. The castle is a crude one of stone, lit by candelabras. The castle contains a dining hall, various boarding rooms (servant quarters, royal family quarters, etc), a music room, a library / study, a training room, a weapons storage, kitchens, and the dungeon (containment units, torture chambers, gallows, gullotine, etc). Ruled by the king, queen, and a group of twelve advisors. The lead rebel has taken up the throne following the assassination of the king and queen, his "queen" being the assassain herself.

Description of the Children & Their Roles

♈ Color: Red ♈ Planet: Mars ♈ Animal: Ram ♈ Starstone: Diamond ♈

(+) Courageous, yet reckless. (-)
(+) Confident, yet hotheaded. (-)
(+) Pioneering, yet impatient. (-)

The son of Aries is to lead the mission with all of his heart and to keep the Zodiacs constructive. All in all, the entire mission comes down to his leading of the othe Children, who have been taught to heed him, yet question him when absolutely necessery. He, in turn, was taught to accept the ideas and views of others. He will be taking part in the effort to train warriors. The two leaders he has appointed for the other submissions report back to him. He has no supernatural powers.

♋ Color: Silver ♋ Planet: Moon ♋ Animal: Crab ♋ Starstone: Pearl ♋

(+) Emotional, yet clingy. (-)
(+) Intuitive, yet changeable. (-)
(+) Sympathetic, yet touchy. (-)

The Child of Cancer is the Mother of the Children and second-in-command. It is her responsibility to provide the Children of the Zodiac with advice concerning them personally and has been trained in patience just like the Child of Aries. She's a sucker for romance and young children. She is responsible for leading and overseeing submission one, as she is inconspicuous. She has no supernatural powers.

♐ Color: Purple ♐ Planet: Jupiter ♐ Animal: Centaur ♐Starstone: Topaz ♐

(+) Honest, yet tactless. (-)
(+) Philosophical, yet irresponsible. (-)
(+) Optimistic, yet careless. (-)

The Child of Sagittarius serves as the Bringer of Wisdom. It is her job to re-educate the people of Taushin about their roots, the Zodiacs. She gives advice to all, having been taught many life lessons by Sagittarius himself. She takes place in submission one in hope that she can talk some sense into the usurpers, though it's highly unlikely. Values freedom and law.

Characters
First come, first serve. || To me, it's unfair to make people compete for a role of fun. I don't have it in my heart to tell people that someone else's CS is better than theirs, but that's just me.

Reserve in OOC. || No, not PM or in this thread. The main OOC. That way, people will know if you already have asked for the role and we avoid two people asking for the same role.

Reservations last 72 hours. || WIP must be submitted within 48 hours to keep your slot. After those 48 hours are up, you'll have an additional 24 hours to complete CS.

Anime or drawings only. || Anime just suits this roleplay.

Doubling permitted. || This is, of course, assuming that you take one male and one female or that I give you special permission to take two of a single gender. In fact, I encourage doubling.

No Mary-Gary Sues. || Make your character creative and wellrounded while still basing it on the traits of the Zodiacs. Please see: http://www.astrology-online.com

CS is changeable. || As long as you include all required information, you may reorganize and embellish the character sheet to your liking. (CS found on the main thread.)

Posting
No godmodding, powerplaying, or autohitting. || In other words, your character CAN be injured, and you CANNOT control other characters and lack the ability to know their thoughts.

Third person only. || I like first person, too, however third person is more suitable for roleplay.

The minimum per post is 200 words. || Honestly, that shouldn't be too hard. And please, don't post a novel each time that we all have to struggle to keep up with one person. Roleplay is a collaboration; please don't make yourself a driving force.

Post once or twice a week, minimum. || I understand that life gets in the way sometimes; just PM me ahead of time.

Double check your posts. || Mistakes are allowed, but please put effort forth to make your post appear professional.

Out of Character
Use brackets when talking OOC in IC thread. || Examples are ((this)), [[this]], {{this}}, or ||this||.

Check back frequently. || Keep checking the OOC tab. Sometimes I leave information vital to success.

Be courteous. || It goes without saying, but no fighting OOC. if you have an issue with someone, PM me and I'll deal with it.

Make inquiries. || If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm a nice person, kind of gulliblely so, so I definitely won't hold a grudge against you for hammering me with with questions. In fact, I do that to GMs all the time!

Rating
Rating based on maturity level, not age. || If you are confident that you can handle my rating descriptions, then go for it!

There will be blood. || Where there is war, there is violence. Feel free to show off your skills by writing descriptive, gory scenes of death and resolution. Just give a forewarning for any uncomfortable role players.

Stuff happens. || If two charries "get it on" time skip as soon as the clothes come off. No describing nude bodies; this is not smut.

Freedom of speech. || Feel free to swear, just don't go overboard. cx

Raise your glasses. || This is set in a medieval world. They drink.

Uncomfortable? || Don't be afraid to speak up! Shoot me a PM and I promise we'll work out a compromise. :)

***Failure to coincide with the rules set out to keep everyone productive and having fun will result in a PM from me and a strike. Three strikes and you're out. I reserve the right to make exceptions where I deem appropriate..

Thanks for reading! :)
Hope to see you soon!

~Makenna<3

[EDIT: Scorpio, Virgo, Pisces, & Libra have been taken, & thereby removed from the list.]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!