Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Z-Academy-Year One OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Z-Academy-Year One OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:16 pm

Within the world of Dragon Ball, everyone knows of the legendary Z-Fighters that protected the Earth from alien threats large and small. Led by the legendary Goku, these Z-Fighters made Earth a safe and harmonious place for everyone to live. But 1000 years have passed since the glory days of the original Z-Fighters, leaving no heir alive to carry the mantle of earth's greatest defenders. With the burden now squarely on their shoulders, Capsule Corporation and the Japanese SDF have banded together to defend their nation, but are woefully unprepared for alien attacks on the Planet Earth. The last time aliens attacked Planet Earth, over 1000 Japanese citizens were killed and many more wounded. In an effort to prevent even more casualties from piling up, the City Council within Hercule City mandated that a special school would be built to teach the techniques of the original Z-Fighters, so that a new generation of Z-Fighters could protect the Planet Earth.

This special school came to be known as the Z-Academy.

Almost a city unto itself, the Z-Academy welcomes students from all over existence to come to their school and learn their techniques. The time has come for Z-Academy to begin their inaugural year, with a dedicated staff ready to turn eager young hopefuls into great warriors. The best of these warriors will become a Z-Fighter, carrying the prestigious mantle of Earth's Greatest Defenders. However, the road to greatness is fraught with peril, and more than just fighting prowess will be needed in the coming battles. Battles large and small, internal and external, await the students that have chosen to take their first steps on this path. Do you have what it takes to become a Z-Fighter, to be Earth's first line of defense against enemies from other planets?

The Rules and Characteristics of Z-Academy

1. All RPG rules and regulations apply.

2. Each class is a dojo in a large school of dojos, and the belt system is as follows: white for new students, green for intermediate students, and black for advanced students. Advanced students wishing to graduate from their chosen class can petition the school for a special test of their mastery, and if they pass, they receive a certificate stating their graduation. Even once they graduate, however, the student is still free to train in the classroom and hone their skills further. Since this is Z-Academy's inaugural year, all students will be starting with a white belt.

3. Z-Academy is tuition-free due to being state sponsored, so no worries about money.

4. Z-Academy functions as a life-long learning center, so there is no age restriction. Your character can be as old or as young as you want.

5. In order to encourage diversity within the RP, there will be a restriction on Saiyan characters. I have chosen to limit this to one Half-Saiyan character, which has been reserved for MellOHigh. All other races are still on the table, though, even races from outside the DB canon universe (please note that some restrictions may apply).

6. No godmodding or Mary Sue characters. I don't suspect this will be a problem at this point in the roleplay, but I wanted to include it just to be safe.

Z-Academy Curriculum

Z-Academy is made up of two different types of classes. The classes related directly to the Z-Fighters are all grouped together under the Z-Martial Arts designation. Classes not directly related to them are electives. Master who teach the Z Martial Arts will introduce themselves at Orientation, whereas elective masters will not in order to maintain flexibility as to what the school teaches. Mastery of at least one Z-Martial Art is imperative for those wishing to be a Z-Fighter, and students are encouraged to learn as much as they can. Here is a current class list as to what is offered at Z-Academy and what it falls under.

Z-Martial Arts

Turtle School

Wolf School

Crane School

Namekian School

Saiyan School

Pressure School

Dragon School

Pendulum Course

Electives

Tiger School: A school for teaching one how to be a stealth fighter, able to master skills such as striking with claws and turning invisible. Taught by Master Kharjo, who hails from the Planet Elise, home of the Tigerfolk.

Mind School: A school for teaching one how to fight with the mind and use other psychic abilities. Taught by Master Tanzu, who is the same race as Chiaotzu.

The Character Skeleton

Full Name:

Preferred Name:

Age/DOB:

Race/Ethnicity:

Height:

Weight:

Build:

Eye Color:

Hair Color:

Clothes:

Appearance:

Born:

Special abilities:

Hobbies:

Interests:

Personality:

Background:

Once your character has been approved, you will be free to begin your first semester at the Z-Academy.
Last edited by True_Grave on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Z-Academy-Year One OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mell0High on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Beat Jarric
(preferred name : Beat)

Student Profile
19 year old male of Human-Saiyan decent, 5'11 220 lbs, heavly muscular build, black eyes, black hair.

Usual Attire :
A denim jacket over a plane black t-shirt, with a patchwork pair of navy jeans ands worn black shoes.

Appearance :
Beat strikes an imposing figure figure despite his relatively young age, covered in muscle from head to toe, with broad shoulders and strong back which speaks to his considerable physical strength. Hair appears to receive minimal upkeep on the best of days. Beat's three distinctive features is the scar above his eye, and mutton chops that lend to his wild-man appearance, not more so than the furry brown tail sorting from his rear. The tail is usually hidden, though there is an opening in his gi which would facilitate the tucking away, and revealing of his tail with ease when necessary.

His complexion is slightly brown.

Special Abilities :
Saiyan blood : due to his Saiyan blood his power increases drastically post near fatal battle damage.

Hidden potential : due to his Saiyan blood, strong emotions can send Beat into a state where his base power raises beyond its current limit.

Mouth Beam : Self explanatory

Hobbies
Training?

Interest
Training, training, food, girls, and training.

Personality

Beat has a dominant personality that will one day make him a fierce leader for his peers, but for now it is countered by his pride and inflated ego. He's very sure of himself to the point of outright arrogance, never being one to turn down a contest of martial skill. Even if he is outmatched he hasn't yet developed the humility and wisdom to recognize this, as he believes whole heartedly that his strength and over abundance of natural Ki enough to topple anyone. As far as restraint goes he has very little, and will rarely think twice about lashing out at those who " annoy " him, or challenge his dominance in any way.

Beats most commendable character trait would be his fearlessness, and willingness to put himself at personal risk first in order to protect his fellow students, even to the point of self-sacrifice. Even if he has a bad habit of lording over lesser students, treating some like dirt outright. It is these traits which has lead to him down a path of hardship. As someone who strives off conflict.

Background[/left]
To be told in character.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mell0High
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Your character is approved, Mell. I will get my characters' profiles and the IC up at my earliest possible convenience tomorrow. Just out of curiosity, did you draw that picture that you are using for Beat?

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:41 am

Awesome, I look forward to your namekian character. And yes I sure did! BTW this is my original account, which I finally remembered because it happened to be on the featured accounts on the homepage, funny how that worked out.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Ah, I'm happy that you found your original account. Funny how coincidences like that workout sometimes. You've got some artistic talent, man, he looks cool. Now for my characters.

Full Name: Ryukyu Taizan

Preferred Name: Taizan

Age/DOB: 16. N/A

Race/Ethnicity: Human. Japanese.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 200 lbs. of muscle

Build: Muscular.

Eye Color: Dark brown.

Hair Color: Same.

Clothes: Black Kung-Fu shoes, white pants, and a blue tunic.

Appearance: N/A

Born: A hut just outside Hercule City.

Special abilities:

Lightning Rush: A high-speed charging attack that lands a five strike combination followed by an energy blast from the hands at close-range.

Hobbies: training

Interests: training

Personality: Cautious, quiet, and fiercely determined.

Background: When Taizan was but a boy of six, his parents were killed by aliens that invaded his planet. His home was destroyed, and Taizan himself was left grief-stricken and alone. Once he was able to regain his senses, he found a way to cope with his pain by using the martial arts. He rebuilt his cabin by hand and fiercely trains himself to be better and stronger. During a particularly exhausting training ritual, Taizan's Ki exploded out of him and he gained increased strength, speed, and reflexes. This outpouring of Ki was detected by Grandmaster Hinoki of the Z-Academy, and he has now introduced Taizan to the place where he can become the warrior he was meant to be.

Full name: Kilro 31st

Preferred name: Kilro

Age/DOB: His Namekian age is comparable to 14 years old in human aging.

Race/Ethnicity: Namekian

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 150 lbs.

Build: Average

Eye Color: Black

Hair Color: None

Clothes: Black pointed shoes, white harem pants, and black vest.

Appearance: N/A

Born: A small village on Namek II.

Special Abilities:

High-Speed Elbow: Kilro can move at high speed to land an elbow strike to the opponent's solar plexus.

Hobbies: None

Interests: Learning more about Earth and Namekian culture

Personality: Naive, innocent, curious, and serious when he wants to be.

Background: Born the 31st egg of his litter, Kilro actually has incredible potential inside of him. He is the first Super Namek to be born to his people in over 1000 years, having hatched from a golden egg. However, Kilro shows incredibly low Ki for his race, and lacks the size and strength of others. If he is to reach his full potential, he will need training to kick-start him on the path. His village Elder sent him to Earth to train with Master Kami of Z-Academy, a fellow Namekian, so that he may return to his planet as the Chief of his people. With high expectations hanging over him, Kilro begins his training at Z-Academy, hoping to gain more power and make new friends.

I will edit this post to include the link to the IC when it is ready.

IC link: academy-year-one-t105526.html

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I'll be posting again tomorrow evening

Shaodow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Okay, man. I look forward to it.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Just so you know, the Namekian class can be taken by anyone, it is just certain techniques, like the stretching and constricting techniques, that can only be done by Namekians. Most of the techniques in that class can be learned by humans and others. Also, it's Mistress Lyla, not Kyla. Also, Master Hanma is in his twenties, so he's not really an aging rock star type. Just a few corrections on your post.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:46 pm

OK gotcha, auto-correct is a curse, I'm sure I typed Lyla each time. Also noted.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 am

It's cool, I just wanted to correct any misunderstandings as we went along. I figure I'll probably get in one or two more posts before we switch it to the first day of the semester. Whenever you're ready to switch days, be sure to let me know and we will do so at the earliest convenience.

As far as the scheduling for the class was concerned, I was thinking that they would go Monday-Wednesday doing a class a day, with the rest of the week being their own time to do private study and push themselves, which would give an opportunity to have plot lines not directly associated with the school. The class would last from the morning until sometime at night, probably at the instructor's discretion once it starts getting into evening time. Since all three of our characters have the Turtle and Dragon classes, it would be a good idea to synchronize schedules so that they can have interaction and get to know each other.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:52 pm

That all sounds super to me my man. I originally wanted to make a couple more days before the skip for a specific confrontation, but I changed my mind, I'll save that bit of character development for later on. We can go ahead with the skip.

I'm surprised no one else has submitted any characters yet, have you made a post in the Players Wanted tab?

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 am

Okay, I'll do a post finishing up the day and then skip to the next day. I have not done that yet, but I think I will just to see if anyone would be interested. I'd like to have at least a couple more people involved to have a richer cast.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 am

Hey bro I'm still alive! I had to let my phone go off for the week, but it's back on now. I see we still had no luck picking anyone else up Huh.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Oh, thank goodness it was just that. I was afraid that you had bailed on me. No, unfortunately, no one responded to the recruiting ad. It just goes like that sometimes. I've had a Kingdom Hearts RP going for about ten years, though, and in that time, random people jumped in and out at times. Sometimes you just have to give it time. You never know, someone might join RPG and be really interested down the line. Until then, we just do what we do.

Ryan and Mai, our new arrivals, factor into Taizan's story and that of the Z-Fighters. Ryan will be another rival of Taizan's, sometimes an intense one. Mai will end up becoming Taizan's girlfriend down the line. There are some interesting moments to come within the relationships that he has there.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Nah man, I've been thirsty for a good DBZ role-playing to pop up on here for a while, so I don't intend to abandon it as long as I can help it. I like the fact that Mei is the only one not at all thrilled to be there, I expect some pretty interesting interactions out of her. I also intend to write a love interest for Beat as well, but u want to think of her personality and how they'll interact before I write her in.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

That's good. This is my third attempt at Z-Academy and this is the lowest turnout I've ever had, so it's good that you're committed. Yeah, Mai has potential to be entertaining, and it will be nice to have a chance to flesh her out a bit more. There's a running gag involving her and Taizan that will be introduced later and I've never gotten the chance to use, so that will be fun. Mai actually ends up being a point of conflict for Taizan and Ryan at times, so that will also be interesting. That's cool, you can introduce her into the story whenever.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 am

My finals are done, so a post is coming soon.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:58 pm

My apologies for the long wait on the post. I've had a lot going on, but I'm ready to post more frequently and will not keep you waiting like that again.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Merry Christmas, Shaodow. I hope you have a wonderful day. I also hope to see a post from you soon ;).

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!