Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

After the rebellion (working title for Rp idea)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

After the rebellion (working title for Rp idea)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:45 am

A small idea I've had for a roleplay setting for the last month or so.

It starts off with a nation (not named yet but will just call it Arcadia until a better one has be suggested) has been ruled for hundreds of years by a magi upper class, who lorded over the 'un-favored' magic-less commoners and were given free reign to do almost anything to the lower classes without fear of reprisal. Then roughly thirty years ago someone came along and invented gunpowder, and eventually used that to start an uprising against the sorcerer lords. The Rp would take place some time after these events, where the rebellion was successful and the sorcerer lords we deposed of, with most who weren't killed being banished to a territory beyond the 'known world'.

I want some input from anyone who is thinking they'd be interested in this on what sort of things they would like to see in this roleplay. There is no over arching plot planned out just yet, so I'm thinking of letting it be more free flow for the time being unless anyone ha an idea they want to put forward. If your interested then be sure to talk with me about any thoughts you might have.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: After the rebellion (working title for Rp idea)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:58 am

I'm interested, however I'd like to know; will we be playing as sorcerers hiding from non-magic users, trying to blend into their society, will we be playing as mages trying to flee, will we be playing as humans trying to hunt down the former? Or a collection of all of that? It's an interesting idea.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: After the rebellion (working title for Rp idea)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm

That what I'm trying to nail down from everyone's input. Personally I'm leaning a bit towards a bit of a combination of the first two. Another Possible option would be with different minor groups trying to either figure out how to coexist in this new social order or resort to terrorist acts to try and reinstatement the old regime, with moments of conflict happening.

However this is why I'm waiting on suggestions from people to get a generalized 'vote' on what kind of premise I should focus the plot on.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!