Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

All shiny and new- sort of

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

All shiny and new- sort of

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpareChange on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

Hello RolePlayGateway, my name is Kimberley but I go by SpareChange, among many other things. But, if you want to call me any amount of silly or whimsical nicknames, anything goes. I suppose I'll start with why I am here: well primarily I'm looking for a stronger roleplaying crowd, as I've becoming kind of disenchanted with the current roleplayer pool offered by my usual haunt.

My roleplay experience? 4 years or more, I think, but it feels more like time immemorial. I like to consider myself advanced and literate, though I haven't perused RPGateway enough to ascertain if I live up to its 'advanced' standards. Topics? I'm pretty much open to most things, but I like fantasy, adventure, a little romance. I have the most experience in Feudal-era type settings and have only recently forayed into sci-fi. I like drama and strife and character development. I don't really know why I'm trying to define what I 'do' in one paragraph, because I'll try anything! Wolves, fanfics, adventure, school-days. Whatever. Its less the subject matter and more the people involved, right? :D

Anyways, other than that, I'm about to embark on my first year of university, I have many animals living with me, and I like video games!

I earnestly hope roleplayGateway works out for me, previous attempts at re-homing my roleplaying habit have failed miserably.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SpareChange
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: All shiny and new- sort of

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello, I'm Lewdug97. I love video games too and i hope to be RPing with you in the future. If you are looking for a RP then you can always check out mine in my sig. its set in a fantasy world and you can do whatever you want. Just read the info and rules, create your charecter and start RPing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lewdug97
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Why hello SpareChange,

My name is Lilaiy and welcome to RolePlay Gateway! We have an array of roleplay genres and they range from beginning to advanced. If you can't find one that particularly fits your fancy, you are more than welcome to start your own as well. We offer roleplays via our unique tab system and via play-by-post aka forum roleplaying. There are many resources through out the site offering how-to's and what-to-do's, however, sometimes it's less frustrating to just ask! I'm always here if you have questions about anything to do with RPG.

What kind of animals are living with you?

Best Wishes,
Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpareChange on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello Lilaiy,
I was kind of looking at the tab system and it seems really neat but I don't really understand how it works. Is it like sub-forums that you post in? I don't know. I am used the the straight up play-by-post type of roleplay. I may be a little bit of a stick-in-the-mud about it even, though I'm not totally unwilling to learn once I get the motivation.

I, personally, own a betta fish (Caboose) and a dwarf hamster (Luftzinghar the 3th), and Tazzy (a cat) pretty much has laid claim to me. Besides that, my family keeps two other cats- Patches and Mylo, and a young dogbeast- Maggie. We're a bit of a zoo, haha.

SpareChange
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

The tab system is really handy once you get the hang of it. Instead of imagining it as a forum, I like to imagine it as a binder - with colored tabs, kind of like one might use in school. Each tab is labeled and then certain subjects go in each tab to keep it organized.

The Tab system is just that. However, the slightly confusing thing is that there is a line of tabs at the top of your screen, which are always there. They are for navigation. Those tabs include: [Home] [Account] [Roleplay] [RPG Forum] [RPG Chat] [RPG Directory] [About Us] and [Rules]

When you view a roleplay in the tab system, a different tab structure will appear further down on the page. It will include the tabs: [Introduction] [Reviews] [Characters] [Places] [Groups] [Events] [Activity] [Chat] [Posting] [OOC]. These tabs are like the colored tabs in your binder. If you click them, they will "turn" you to that section of the binder. So, when clicking on the [Introduction] tab, it will show you the introduction of the roleplay. [Reviews] will show you any reviews that have been given for that roleplay (which GM's can sign up to receive). The [Character] tab will show you accepted characters first. These characters you can click on and read their profiles. It will also show "Abandoned Characters", meaning the user decided to quit the roleplay and they are allowing someone to "adopt" their character. Below that is a character profile that you can fill out and submit if you are interested in joining that roleplay. [Places], [Groups], and [Events] all help the GM structure their roleplay and separate posts. The [Activity] tab will show you all the posts that have been made. The [Chat] tab will take you to the universal chat and from there it will allow you to switch to IC if you prefer to roleplay via the chat system. And finally the [OOC] will bring you to the Out Of Character thread for the roleplay. It may only consist of one thread, or other times GM's will make separate threads for different parts of the roleplay.

I am sure that I've just typed far too much. I know there is a great guide with pictures and pretty colors around here somewhere and as soon as I'm done with my homework, I'll try to link it to you!

Hope this helps!

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpareChange on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:57 pm

It certainly helps a lot, thank you.

SpareChange
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:41 am

Welcome to the site, SpareChange. c:

I'd like to recommend you to the Fantasy sub forum (fantasy-roleplay-f102.html) where you can find quite a handful of fantasy roleplays. I'd recommend taking a look at the top few (which are usually going to be the most active) to see if any are to your liking.

There's also the roleplay tab, but it is a bit lacking in refinement at this point and time, so you may find it difficult to use without someone explaining to you how (I recommend going to the RPG chat for that, because instant messages would go far, far faster for that sort of thing.)

Lastly but not least, the Roleplay Academy is a good place to go to learn more about roleplaying and the like.
“I eat my enemies for breakfast; even when I already ate breakfast, and brunch!”

“But in my heart, I sometimes wish they would atone so that I could be that close to a friend.”

Check out my likes and dislikes post and my profile. Then hit me up!

ChaoticMarin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge Visual Appeal Donated!

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!