Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Altaea Saga: Valania IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Altaea Saga: The Prince IC (Open, NEED PEOPLE BADLY)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 am

“You’re welcome” Sandra replied to the boy. She was uneasy at his presence, most likely because of her experiences with the nobles of Sarife. She was extremely glad when Lucius entered the wagon; it gave her reason to move away from the boy. She watched the exchange between Lucius and the boy from guarded eyes. She saw recognition flicker onto Lucius face when the boy mentioned his mother’s name. But as quickly as the recognition had flicker to his face it vanished a second later. She too recognized the name... not many forgot the name of the women of royal blood who was able to escape the doom that had unfolded on the rest of the royal family. But her face remained unreadable. She was unsure how Lucius knew the boy’s mother. She was also sure that the boy didn’t know his own mothers past. She said nothing and just watched the exchange.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:12 am

Erin smiled. "In the heart of the city, close to the north-west walls. You cannot miss it; the manor is second only to the palace of the steward, and is situated close to it." Drawing his knees up to his chest, he waited to arrive at his home. He didn't think it would take particularly long, but as they rode he wondered what had become of his horse. He had not seen the poor beast since he had been left at the cave the day before, and he assumed it was dead now, or sold.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:58 pm

"I see.Then we shall make haste to your home." Lucius said, lashing the reins of the horses so that they moved on at a steady pace. As he looked away from the others he let himself grin at how easily his plans had come to fruition. Soon he would be in a position to meet the steward himself. But he could not allow himself to celebrate just yet. There was still much to be done. He looked up at the soft whispers of cloud that hovered in the sky above and wondered just how much things had changed in the capital city.
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Erin sat upright, examining the view out of the windows. His heart was lifting as they drew nearer to his home, and as usual his eyes seemed to miss out entirely the poverty-stricken Valanian citizens. Some time later, he announced enthusiastically that they were close, and soon enough they were drawing to a halt outside a large manor.

"This is it," he said unnecessarily. After the poverty of the streets, it was plain to see that this house belonged to a noble.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Sandra was annoyed with how unaffected the boy was seeing the poverty. She couldn’t believe even after this experience he was still as unaffected as he had been before. She had seen this youth several times ridding around the port, so high and mighty. That is what she lothed about Sarifens and the new empire. They cared for no one but themselves and their kin. So she said nothing merely viewing her surroundings with a critical eye.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm

((OOC: I was going to have the trip take a bit longer than that, but no matter.))

Lucius ynked harshly on the reins and the horses came to a stop outside the manor.

"Quite impressive." He remarked, hopping from his seat on the wagon and giving his hand to Sandra and Erin to help them down. He tied the reins to a nearby railing and stepped up to the door, knocking loudly with his knuckles.

Saren flashed his seal at the city guards who moved to intercept him and they stood aside with a quick salute. He made certain not to lose sight of the wagon as it weaved through th city streets. He had followed at a distance until now for fear of being spotted, but now, hidden by the crowd he was able to get closer to his quarry. After the display at the beach there was no doubt in Saren's mind that at least one of the two was a member of the revolutionaries. The hooves of his horse clicked loudly against the cobbled streets as he followed behind the open backed wagon. Nobles and commoners alike gave him a wide berth to sav being trampled beneath his steed's powerful hooves.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 pm

((OOC;; Sorry, Mr D. I didn't realize.))

Erin waited beside his rescuer as the door creaked open. The old Valanian servant was well-known to him, and he had a good relationship with the man.

"Master Erin!" he exclaimed now. "Your father has been so worried. Who are your companions?" he added, looking up at Lucius and Sandra.

"My rescuers," Erin replied. "Can you take us to my father, Jonathan?" Jonathan led the way through to the hall, where his father was sitting in urgent discussion with two guards. As they entered, his eyes widened at the sight of his son.

"What happened?" he demanded, throwing back his chair and hurrying towards them. He was thickset, ruddy-faced and battle-scarred and made an unlikely doting father - but then, he wasn't actually a kind man; just to his son. At her husband's exclamation, Ryanna came in from the balcony. Her gaze fell on Lucius and she froze, her grip tightening on a chair as if to support herself. She attempted to wipe her expression blank, but neither her husband or Erin had noticed.

"Father, these people rescued me," Erin was saying. "From smugglers."

The man looked at the two of them. "Is this so? Then I suppose I shall give you a reward. What would you ask?" His tone was decidedly contemptuous as he looked them up and down, but Erin seemed not to notice.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Sandra moved beside Lucius shadowing him. Yet she was also placing herself in such a position that she would be unnoticed and dismissed from mind if needed. She warily eyed the guards and watched their movement with a critical eye. She was unsure how Lucius was going to play with this situation. She knew her place her though; here she was merely a pretty face not to be noticed. Thus she stood silently watching her surroundings and all parties involved in this situation.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:37 pm

"Simply helping a fellow noble is reward enough for me." Lucius said with another formal bow. "Though I have been intending to present myself to the king. You see I have been abroad for some time." He straightened his back and smiled at the man. Despite his seemingly genuine smile he felt a creeping anger at having to refer to the steward as king. That smile hid his intent well, he had practiced it every day when he had met with the emperor.

"And I'm certain my bodyguard would appreciate some compensation for risking her life." He gestured over to Sandra.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Sandra knew that most of the “gentlemen” in the room where surprised when Lucius called her his bodyguard. But her movement from here on out would only solidify Lucius’ claim. She moved forward slightly also bowing formally. Though she said nothing to neither confirmed nor denied Lucius statement for her want of compensation. Straightening she readjusted her position slightly, to protect Lucius’ body with her own. She saw the realization in the guards eyes as they acknowledged her movements.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 pm

"That could be arranged, I am sure," Eyrial replied, still looking at them contemptuously. "Though whether you will be to his liking is another matter."

"My Lord..." cut in Ryanna in a wavering voice, addressing her husband.

"Silence!" he shouted, without even giving her the courtesy of looking at her. "The gentlemen are speaking." His treatment of her was typical of how many of the men treated the women. For a moment, a brief expression of discomfort flickered over Erin's face, but he hid his disagreement well.

"Father, I don't think they have accomadation near the palace..." he said instead. If anyone except his son had suggested this, Eyrial would no doubt have become both angry and scornful. As it was Erin, however, he kept his temper.

"May I offer you a room each here?" he asked, though he was clearly uncomfortable with this idea.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:10 pm

"That is most kind of you, my lord." Lucius said, his mask of civility never dropping for an instant. He placed a reassuring hand on Sandra's shoulder as a signal to stand down.

"And who might this young lady be, if it is not too rude of me to ask?" He said, looking over at Erin's mother. Her face stirred a brief memory that he could not place. His gentle smile looked so natural on his handsome features.

Saren looked at the manor with hooded eyes, striding up to the main door with a gait that conjured images of the grim reaper. Every step wa confident and filled with a deadly purpose and intent. He seemed to radiate an aura of solemnity. He knocked on the door with his heavy leather gloves, slamming the base of hisfist on the hard wood surface.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Sandra felt Lucius hand on her shoulder as he signalled her to calm herself and to relax her position. Her stance relaxed, she took a position that would be less threatening. But still gave her the ability to strike out quickly if necessary. She felt as if something wasn't right, there was something off here. She just didn't know what. Her eyes flickered to the women standing before the group. She was clearly not of Sarifen descent. She was the boy’s mother, Sandra realized.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:15 am

"My mother," Erin announced. "Lady Ryanna Elireth."

"But she's not important," Eyrial said dismissively. "Now, you two may take rooms in the west wing of the manor, and..."

A loud hammering on the door interrupted him.

"What are you just standing there for?" he screamed at Jonathan, who jumped and hurried towards the hallway as fast as his ancient legs could carry him. Eyrial shoved him as he walked by. "Stupid, useless Valanian rubbish," he snarled. Turning back to Lucius, his face was the picture of courtesy - although there were still underlying traces of contempt.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Lucius maintained his pleasent veneer even as the man insulted his heritage. He would bide his time for the moment. But eventually this 'lord' Elireth would suffer for the indignities of his people. Everyone who profitted from the enslavement of his people would receive their punishment.

"The West wing it is!" Lucius said, concluding the matter. "But for the time being if you would excuse me, my lord. I do not wish to take up your time any further. Besides, I should like to become better acquainted with my new home. It has been so long since I was last in this city." He bowed politely and made his way to the door. "Sandra, would you care to accompany me?" He asked. His blood boiled at the man's arrogance but he hid it well, appearing for all the world a gracious and humble guest.

Saren was greeted at the door by a servant and quickly produced the king's seal.

"I would like to speak to your master requiring his son's ordeal." He said, his voice deep and rumbling, the words creeping slowly from his mouth, prolonged into a slow drawl that raised ones hackles.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:48 pm

“Of course” she mirrored Lucius’ politeness with ease. She could sense his annoyance with the lord’s comment. Just as she felt her own mind scream with rage, yet she concealed it as she left the room with Lucius. Even after leaving the room and being sure she was alone with Lucius she didn’t let her mask of calm fall. She instead walked along side of Lucius her face completely emotionless; at this point she was very glad she had been taught to conceal her emotions at a young age.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Saren barged past the servant, striding purposefully through the manor. The large black coat billowed out behind him like a cape, secured at his neck by a clasp. He reached up to his mouth, removing the omnipresent cigarette that hung from his lips and letting the smoke curl from his mouth absent mindedly. As he passed Lucius and Sandra he gave the two of them a sideways glance.

Lucius felt a chill run down his spine and stopped to watch the man enter the room in which the lord and his family stood. He shook his head, dismissing the man from his mind, though he could not remove the sense of foreboding that hung over him.

In the streets outside Lucius breathed in deeply, taking in the scents of the city.

"It's good to be back." A twinge of nostalgia seeping into his voice.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Sandra too felt at unease as soon as the man entered the room. She moved forward slightly again shielding Lucius from view as they moved to the door. Heading outside, she heard Lucius comment, “I’m sure it is... the capital has always been an intriguing place to live.” She said quietly. She had missed being in the capital. “Where are we headed today?” she asked quietly.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:13 pm

"For today I feel like taking a look around." He replied, still basking in the warmth of the sun that cascaded through the spires and towers of the city's breath taking skyline. The exquisite structures with their beautifully crafted masonry and gothic features cast long, jagged shadows over the streets below. Lucius began to amble down the street, taking in every sight and sound of the city. Every new sensation triggered a half remembered recollection of his youth. Every breath filled him with renewed vigour and lust for life. His apparent enthusiasm must have looked odd to Sandra, he thought. To be so overjoyed at seeing a city in slavery.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:27 pm

She nodded watching Lucius as well as their surroundings. She found watching Lucius was much more entertaining, he reminded her of kid on Christmas. He was so enamoured with the city. She was surprised she had never witnessed another traveller react this way. The people she had seen act in this way towards the capital would be those who had called this place home as she had so many years ago. She knew it was a city trapped by corruption and oppression but she had hope that one day it would be restored to its former glory.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!