Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Altaea Saga: Valania IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Altaea Saga: The Prince IC (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Lucius wrapped the brown cloak around himself and made for the wagon outside.

"I'll drive this time. It only seems fair considering you got us all the way here." He said, vaulting up to the seat behind the horses and grabbing ahold of the reins. He held out his hand for Sandra to take hold of.

Saren watched the two from the window of the inn. He too had rented a room after seeing the cart and horses tied up outside the inn. Curious that two travellers would leave the city at such a time only to stop at a nearby village he thought. Surely it would be easier to stay at an inn within the city walls, unless they had a reason to leave. His suspicions were just that, suspicions, but nonetheless he felt them worth following up on. He resolved to follow the two of them, donning his jacket and cavalry saber.
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Sandra followed Lucius as they made their way to the wagon. “Thank you” Sandra said as she accepted Lucius hand into the wagon. She sat beside him, with this eerie feeling that they were being watched. “ Could we have been followed, I feel like we are being watched” she whispered, cautiously scanning the windows for a movement. She turned towards Lucius waiting for his reply. Praying it was just her imagination that they were being watched.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 pm

Aaron was pleased to say the least. He had ridden hard and fast. Thankful Sandra had convinced him to buy horses known for their swiftness even if they were a little bit more expensive. He was a day’s ride from the capital. He was also glad that they had scattered when they did. Had they all come to the capital using this path they would have drawn suspicion. One rider was so much more inconspicuous. He felt a smile tug at his lips. Once he reached the city all he would have to do was wait.
Once the others made it to the capital, the fun could began. Of course each would have to wait for their partner. He smiled at that thought, each of us armed in the old traditions, how shocking will it be to see us walking among the people again. After all, the guild supposable disbanded and all the leaders are presumed dead. If we hadn’t faked our deaths we would have still been hunted. Yet we have lived in peace, in hiding for so long. Oh it will be wonderful. I merely hope I get a piece of my dear father, when the time comes.
Clearing his mind he urged his horse onward.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 am

The horses trundled down the path to the coast with a gentle, unhurried stride and soon the great white chalk cliffs and pristine sandy beaches spread out before them, glittering in the sun as though they were studded with diamonds. A gentle breeze brought with it the unmistakable scent of sea salt, no longer marred by the filthy air of the port or the exotic spices of traders. Lucius allowed himself to breahe deeply, raising his face to the sun and letting the warm light of the morning sun bathe his youthful features. As the wagon neared the beach he soon caught sight of the cove, from the description given to him it was unmissable. He smiled grimly to Sandra.

"Be on your guard." He plled gently on the reins, bringing the horses to a stop some way up the beach, hoping to approach the kidnappers undetected.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Sandra nodded silently. As they both climbed out of the wagon as quietly as they could. Whoever these kidnappers were they picked this location very carefully. It was both full of advantages when it came to defending it. But there were more disadvantages to the location. Why would kidnappers pick a location where their view of the surrounding area was obstructed, Sandra thought curiously. Both moving silently towards the coves’ head, being wary of giving themselves away.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Lucius hurried to the edge of the cave, skipping over the flotsam and jetsam that littered the beach. Amongst the fine sand was scattered the remains of any number of sea vessels, dashed on the treacherous rocks of the bay. The smell of seaweed stung Lucius' nostrils as he edged closer to the mouth of the cave. A single smuggler stood propped up against the rockface, facing the sea. The man scanned either side of the entrance at regular intervals. It would be easy enough to catch him unawares. Fool, Lucius thought to himself. As the smuggler looked away he pounced, covering his victim's mouth with one hand and lashing out with his other, plunging his dagger into the folds of the man's clothing. Staring into his eyes, he let the man fall, sliding down the wall of the cave. As he peered around the edge of the opening he beckoned Sandra to follow at a distance.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Sandra had to admit she enjoyed watching Lucius work. He was very good at what he did. Course the smuggler was apparently not that intelligent at all, Lucius made quick work of him. She smiled cruelly, she was enjoying herself immensely. Seeing him beckon her, she moved soundlessly to his side. Reaching into her own cloak, she pulls one of her daggers as well as a few of her throwing knives, just in case. She motions for Lucius to stop, in the silence they hear footsteps, another smuggler, coming their way. She hears Lucius curse. She almost smiles. The smuggler came around the corner clearly able to see Lucius at the entrance of the cave. However, before he could sound the alarm, Sandra grabbed him, covering his mouth. The smuggler looked startled it was a young woman holding him in an iron grip. “Silence is golden” she whispered quietly before plunging her dagger into his heart. His body went limp; she dropped him and cleaned off her blade smiling at Lucius. She moved once again to his side.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Re: Altaea Saga: The Prince IC (Open, NEED PEOPLE BADLY)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:35 am

Erin became aware that something was happening. The small number of smugglers remaining in the cave looked wary, and one of them mouthed something about a "set-up". They drew their daggers, and suddenly Erin was aware that there was a knife at his neck. Grabbing his hair, the smuggler dragged him forwards into view of the entrance.

"Who's there?" he called out, the knife still firmly pressed at Erin's throat. This grip was much tighter than the man who had originally attacked him; Erin knew that if he moved so much as an inch, he was dead.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 am

Lucius watched as the boy was dragged from the mouth of the cave. This made things even easier for him.

"Release the boy or I will cut your gizzard as I have done your crew mate." Lucius ordered sternly, looking the smuggler in the eyes. There seemed to be some glimmer of recognition as the man regarded him.

"If you hand the boy over I may yet spare your life." Lucius kicked the fallen smuggler's saber into his hand and holding it pointed at the smuggler's own throat. As he spoke the others who had remained behind in the cave stepped out.

"You're in no position to bargain." One of them uttered as they approached Lucius, weapons drawn and brows fixed in fearsome grimaces. Once more he signalled for Sandra to keep her distance.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Sandra watched the scene between Lucius and the smugglers unfold. She felt as if she was missing something. Pushing that thought aside she watched the other smugglers’ movements carefully . She wanted to just attack them, but she knew that meant a dead brat of the Sarife Empire and that wouldn’t help them. Seeing Lucius signal, she hung back watching the situation escalate.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Erin choked back the tears as he was held still more firmly against the smuggler. The knife nicked his neck and a droplet of blood oozed down his skin. He could feel the man's hand wound up in his hair, jerking him backwards. There was no way he could fight him off, and he had to hope that these newcomers would somehow rescue him.

"You've come for the boy," said the smuggler. "I assume you're after the ransom. If I kill him, you won't get none of that anyway. I suggest you back out, now." Almost imperceptibly, he jerked his head at his remaining men, who began to advance.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Lucius moved to neutralise his opponents, parrying their weapons aside with ease and striking them with the hilt and blunt edge of his weapon. One after another the smugglers fell before him. Idiots, he thought. They were making it look too easy. They could at least put up a convincing act. He kicked the fallen men's weapons away and approached the remaining smuggler.

"Will you reconsider my request?" He asked with a dashing grin. He locked eyes with the man again and gave a slight, almost imperceptible nod to him.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Intriguing, Sandra thought to herself, only one casualty. Lucius didn’t kill the smugglers, just subdued them. It was as if it was all an act, Sandra thought suspiciously. The good news was she now knew for sure that Lucius had an alternative motive for rescuing the boy. She supposed if Lucius was somehow connected to the smugglers she would owe him an apologue later for his dead comrade. Pushing this thought temporally out of her mind focusing on the task at hand. As Lucius reached for the boy.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Erin felt the grip in his hair relinquesh as the knife was removed from his throat. He stumbled forwards, massaging his throat and fighting back tears of relief. He moved quickly out of the way and ducked to the rear of his attacker, making sure he was out of reach of any weapons or suchlike.

It was then that he noticed that there was a woman in the cave too. Hesitantly, he stepped towards her, wondering who these people were.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

"Boy, are you unharmed?" Lucius asked of Erin, watching the smuggler with steely eyes, wary of every twitch of movement in the man's body. He watched as Erin made for Sandra, keeping his sword trained on the smuggler's throat, he backed off slowly so that he none of the other men could attack him from behind.

"Sandra, take the boy and head for the wagon. I will catch up soon." He said, waving them off, though he never took his eyes off of the smuggler and his allies, having placed them between him and the cave so that he could see them all at once.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Sandra nodded to Lucius. “Come here boy, I won’t hurt you” she said as she began to back towards the entrance of the cave. Once outside of the cave she moved side by side with the boy. Insuring her body was shielding his. Reaching the wagon she climbed in first. Then she turned around helping the boy up into the wagon. She sighed waiting for Lucius to get to the wagon.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:21 am

Erin scrambled inside, feeling much safer. He raised a hand to his neck and, when he examined his fingertips, he saw a few stains of red blood, but the cut wasn't bad and he was otherwise unharmed. Sinking down against the floor of the wagon, he dropped his hands to his sides, wondering what his father was doing to find him and what would happen now that he had been rescued.

"Thank you," he said to the woman.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

When he was certain Sandra and the boy were out of earshot Lucius sheathed his weapons. The smuggler grinned, removing the scarf from his face to reveal weathered skin like leather and a thick, wiry black beard of tangled hair. Sharp brown eyes regarded Lucius as he laughed. Captain Valas spun the knife in his hand and thrust it into the scabbard that sat in the sash at his waist.

"For your troubles.You'll get the rest when I get my reward." Lucius said to the captain, removing a pouch of coins from his pocket, juggling it in his hand. He glanced towards the man Sandra had slain. "And extra for him." Valas snorted derisively.

"Men are expendable, it just means one more share for the rest of us." The other men slowly rose to their feet, uninjured, save for the one Sandra had slain.

"Practical as always." Lucius quipped at the captain's callous disregard for his men's life. "I'll be in touch." He tossed the pouch to Valas, who caught it in mid flight.

"My thanks, my lord." He said sarcastically with a tip of his tri-corner hat. With that Lucius turned to leave the cave, heading towards the wagon with a slight jog.

"They won't be bothering anyone any more." He said with a sardonic smile. He looked over at Erin, extending his hand in a gesture of good will.

"Are you alright?" He asked the boy.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:50 am

Erin took the hand, shaking it. Suddenly, an expression of recognition flickered across his face, but then faded. He was certain he'd seen the man before, but at the moment he couldn't place him - he didn't connect him with the beggar who had knocked him off his horse the previous day.

"Yes, thank you," he replied. "My father will reward you for your troubles, Sir; most richly will he do so. I'm sure you will find his gratitude will lead him to grant any wish you have. And my mother, Lady Ryanna - she will be most pleased."

Erin was still unaware that his mother was a relative of Lucius, forced into her marriage.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:56 am

Ryanna. The name sparked some slight recognition in Lucius' mind, and yet he had trouble linking it to a face. It had been over a decade since he had been taken from his homeland and the memories of his childhood were not as vivid as they had once been. As far as he was aware all his family had been slain by the invaders.

"Count Lucius Le Crosse, at your service, my lord." Lucius said, bowing at the waist. "As for the reward, I can discuss that with your father once you have been returned to his care." He leapt into the driver's seat of the wagon.

"From where do you hail?"

Mr D
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!