Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Altaea Saga: Valania IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Altaea Saga: The Prince IC (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:05 pm

“Wonderful, we just need to swing by the inn we can take a wagon and horses from there.” She continued to run towards the inn, knowing that her companion would follow her. She went to the stables behind the inn grabbed her favourite horses and hooked them to the wagon. Handing him the reins, she reached to her neck unclasped a necklace and tossed it out. Hoping Aaron got the message she was leaving for him. Their wagon headed toward the gates.
Last edited by Kida on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Lucius nodded and followed close behind. Though he had thrown his lot in with the woman he remained suspicious of her. He didn't know who she was or where her loyalties lay. From the colour of her skin he could tell she was not of Sarifen heritage and her clothing was distinctly western in origin. He resolved to keep his identity a secret from her for the time being. He had only revealed it to Andreas after several weeks in his company.

"How well can you disguise yourself?" Lucius asked of Sandra. At least one of them would have to brave the reins. The other could hide in the wagon beneath the bundles of hay. The question was, which of them was mostlikely to succeed in avoiding the guard's attentions.
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Sandra gave him this weird look and sighed. “I can very easily disguise myself so even Aaron would never recognize me” she said with a smile, “Switch me cloaks for the time”. She let her hair fall down to her shoulders. Placing her companions cloak on her own body, she then placed a scarf around her face only allowing her eyes to be shown and placed a little dirt on her face and arms. " Better?" she looked at her companion.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm

"Good enough. You make appearing wretched look like an art form." Lucius quipped. The disguise worked well enough, but he wondered if it might make it obvious they were trying to hide something. Though if the guards were to take every suspicious looking stranger aside they would never get anywhere. At the very least she didn't appear to be the woman they were looking for. Lucius climbed into the back of the wagon.

"Well then, onwards, driver." He said, covering himself with a thick layer of hay.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:56 pm

“Of course my good sir” she laughed. Taking on a serious expression, she casted her eyes down as they passed the gates and the guards. Neither of the guards took a second look at her. She was sure they wouldn’t pay attention to her anyway. As they passed the gates she saw several people had being stopped. She was very glad they had gotten out when they did. Flicking the reins she urged the horses onward.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Lucius waited underneath the thick hay, waiting to be told when they reached safety.

Outside the city rolling fields stretched out as far as the eye could see, a thick forest winding its way to the west. The dirt path caused the carriage to skip and Lucius took this as a sign that they had left the city.

"You know you could have told me the coast was clear." Lucius sat up, spitting a stray hair from his mouth and brushing hay from his clothing. He laid back on the dried straw and looked up at the sun. He had wondered for wome time when this day might come. The day he would be able to gaze upon his homeland again. He allowed himself a brief moment of relaxation.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 pm

“Sorry, by the way, my name is Sandra” she said looking forward continually urging the horses on. She missed the fields; she had been in the city for fall too long. “Where are we going, if you don’t mind me asking? She said as she looked at him, if you rather not say I understand...” she trailed off. Her eyes returned back to the road.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 am

"Lucius." He replied, rsing to his feet in the unsteady carriage and bowing with a flourish. He extended his hand to Sandra so that it came to rest by her head. "Lucius Le Crosse. A pleasure to meet you." It was a shallow alias to be sure, but it would save him the confusion of answering to another name. Besides, following his apparent 'death', it was unlikely that anyone would connect him to his past.

"As for where we're going. I have business to attend to in the capital city, Voltas." He explained, sitting behind Sandra so that his back was to hers. He looked out the back of the carriage at the beautiful sea view.

"So what say you? Are you interested in becoming my bodyguard? I'm certainly in need of one. Though I must warn you I attract trouble whereever I go." He smiled, looking over his shoulder at her.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 am

It was an uncomfortable journey on the horse with his hands restrained behind him and blood trickling down over his mouth. Erin was forced to lean back a little against his attacker in order to remain balanced and he hated the closeness to the man who might so easily kill him. They broke through the guard at the port and Erin realized that there was no one around at this hour. It was early evening, drawing into night, and the docks were deserted.

"Where are we going?" he asked.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 pm

"Lucius it is indeed a pleasure to meet you" Sandra said with a smile. “Voltas... it has been a long time since I have travelled to the capital.”

Curious, she thought, not many travellers would pick Voltas as their destination. I wonder if any of my old friends are still in town.

Looking back at Lucius she said, “I would be willing to be your bodyguard under the condition, I am allowed do as I please when you don’t need of my services. I doubt your trouble can throw anything at me that I haven’t seen done before”. She knew there was something from this puzzle she was missing but at this point she didn’t care. She was intrigued by this man’s obviously dislike for the Sarifens and for her that was a good enough reason to help him.

Though she couldn’t help but wonder how Aaron would “deal” with her abrupt departure, especially with the message she left him in the form of her necklace. Hopefully he would heed her advice and life at the port would get much more interesting.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 pm

"I accept your condition." Lucius smiled. "I predict our partnership will be a profitable one." He laid down again and stared up at the beautiful clear sky, restign his hands behind his head. Yes, he thought, all is going according to plan.

Andreas kept his eyes fixed ahead of him, the horse gallopped along the treeline at breakneck pace, the sound of its hooves muffled on the soft earth. This way they were less likely to come across other travellers on the roads. The smell of salt in the air and the warm sea breeze indicated that they were not too far from the coast. The cries of saegulls could be heard around them.

"Somewhere they won't come looking." Andreas growled. His throat grew sore from the strain of talking in such a hoarse voice. In the distance a shallow bay could be seen. It was small and easy to miss if one wasn't aware of its presence. A large arch of rock jutted out from the mainland. What couldn't be seen was the small natural passage that led into the cliff face. A perfect smuggler's hideout. Andreas looked about nervously to be sure he wasn't followed.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:25 pm

“Good” she said with a sly smile. She watched Lucius lay back down in the hay. She hoped she had not just made a mistake by allying herself with this man. She wanted to believe they were on the same side.

Well, if I did make a mistake there will always be room to rectify the situation later. I suppose.

She had not ever remembered a clearer night or a more beautiful one for that matter. At least not since the fall of the house of Valania. Everything was different and it felt as if everything was about to change. She knew it one day would change again. She also knew that only time would tell what was in store for the people of Valania.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:25 pm

"We should probably ditch this wagon and horses soon." Lucius said. "They'll probably come looking for us." He explained, brushing aside his loose hair from his face.

"Though in the meantime we should find somewhere to stay for the night." He stroked hs chin, a couple of days worth of stubble marred his otherwise flawless features, only adding to his vagrant appearance. He wondered how Andreas was doing. He had absolute trust in the man and didn't doubt for a second that he would do as Lucius asked.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:46 pm

“I doubt it. If Aaron got my message we are no longer the guards’ only problem... though if it makes you more comfortable we can ditch the wagon... but we keep the horses, they belong to an old friend, who would no doubt be insulted if we didn’t use them.” She smiled thinking about the chaos no doubt ensuing upon the nobles of Sarife in the port city.

Aaron was the best of the best, his people and talents is what drew her to him in the first place. He was as deadly as she, if given the right motivation.

“Resting for the night is a good idea though” She stated quickly trying to distract herself from the thought of Aaron and what his people were doing. She trusted him with her life.

Lucius however didn’t have that trust. Thus he needn’t know what Aaron and his people, well her people were doing. No that was her little secret for now. Maybe she would tell him later... then again maybe not.

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 pm

"As you wish." He relented. "One can never be too careful." He allowed his eyes to close. With Sandra driving the wagon he could afford a brief rest. He waited to be awoken which he assumed would occur when thy reached the next village or town.

A small valley came into view some distance ahead, the bright flecks of light from the houses were like a beacon in the otherwise dark night. A winding path led through down the shallow incline to a thin river next to which a tiny hamlet sat. A water mill churned under the power of the flowing stream.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kida on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Sighing she led the horses on. She smiled as she saw town lights come into view. She hoped they would be able to find a room somewhere. But if not she knew that sleeping out under the stars would be nice as well. Just not ideal, inside there would be less of a chance of being caught off guard if someone tried to attack them. However, whatever way fate played was fine by her she guessed she wasn’t going to get much sleep anyway. Soon the rolling hills faded from view and the valley only widened. A little while later they were at the edge of the town. She saw the stares they were drawing. So much for slipping in unnoticed she thought. Reaching behind herself, she gave Lucius a gentle nudge." We're here, wake up"

Kida
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:26 am

"That was quick." He said, sitting up and stretching his aching limbs. "Lets get to finding a room." He yawned, leaping off the back of the wagon. A little further up the rough dirt path that constituted a street hung a sign. 'The River of Kings', quite fitting, Lucius smiled to himself. He rapped loudly on the door with his knuckles and waited for a reply.

"Inspector!" The guard saluted the smartly dressed man, standing suddenly to attention. He stood stiffly as he awaited his orders. There was no small hint of fear in his voice.

"At ease." The inspector spoke with a deep, gravelly voice that called to mind boulders tumbling down a cliff face. He slid his arms out from underneath his large black trenchcoat, the billowing shoulders accentuating his wiry stature, the sleeves hanging loose at the side. The gold trim and large eppaulettes signifying a high rank.

"Tell me what you know." He said, slipping on his white leather gloves and kneeling to examine the bodies of the fallen guards.

"Witnesses claim they saw a man and a woman flee the scene. We're still investigating their identities. Sir" He added the last word as an afterthought. The inspector's sharp, stony features and slicked back black hair gave him an almost wolf like appearance. His long, straight nose, sunken cheeks and narrow eyes making his countenance unnerving to look at. He looked like the grim reaper itself given shape. With a disturbing calm he traced the wound of the fallen guard with his finger. He rose suddenly.

"There were two assailants. One with a knife. I believe the other to be unarmed. Both are skilled." He surmised. He had seen the modus operandi of one of the killings before. One of the killers was a member of the resistance. But the knife wound. That was new. He had not come across such a wound before in his investigations into the revolutionaries. "Your men were likely slain before the knew what was happening." The guard swallowed hard.

"They would have made off north." Without another word the inspector mounted his steed, a large mare as balck as the night. It snorted loudly.

"Insector Warheit!" The guard called after him. "What are your orders?"

"Tighten security at the port. I will pursue the fugitives." He lashed the reins of his steed and gallopped off to the northern gate.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:30 am

No one was around. The lonely cry of the gulls echoed against the crash of the sea at the lower cliff face. As they entered the natural crevice in the rock, it widened into an open, shallow cave. The horse jolted and Erin fell, rolling twice across the floor and landing on his front. He spat out more blood, determined not to cry. He would not give this man the satisfaction.

"What are you going to do with me?" he asked again, a hint of desperation now creeping into his voice.

In the manor, Eyrial Elireth had just been informed that his son was missing. He frowned. "Go to the yard," he instructed the young guard who had given him the news. "If Alan hasn't seen him, send out a search party. It's possible he has fallen and injured himself just outside the walls." The first note of worry had seeded itself in his voice.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 pm

"You family will pay dearly for your return." Andreas replied tersely. He set Erin down inside the cave and then sat at the entrance out of earshot. Some time later a small boat arrived carrying several men and crate of goods. Out of earshot of the boy they seemed to be discussing something no doubt related to the boy's capture and ransom.

There was a commotion inside the inn as Lucius persisted in knocking on the door and the owner of the inn cracked open the door, a shaft of candlelight escaping through the gap of the door.

"What time do you call this?" He groaned, still half asleep.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:52 pm

The guards had returned to Lord Elireth with the news that his son was nowhere to be found. Eyrial was now pacing anxiously the length of the room, whilst Ryanna took care to stay away from him. Both of them knew that Erin was a good rider, so he was unlikely to have fallen, and that he would never have run away. Her husband was afraid and angry, but Ryanna could not help but feel the first lurch of glee. Although she had been told that Lucius had died, she did not believe it. Surely it was he who had captured her son, thus setting in motion a train of events that may eventually lead to his taking of Valania.

In the cave at the coast, Erin had no idea of his mother's relationship to the once-King, nor did he realize that she was secretly glad he had disappeared. Instead, he was focussed on his current situation and how he might possibly get out of it. He could hear distant voices that suggested that his attacker was discussing him with some other men, and he wondered what was going to happen next.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!