Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

And So Falls The Sword (IC, always accepting)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: And So Falls The Sword (IC, always accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Mon May 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Roy quickly turned around from staring at the stars, surprised to find yet another human. When the woman fell to the floor, Roy quickly rushed over to her to try to provide assistance... he held her down so she wouldn't bump into anything and hurt herself, and then called over Jack, the closest thing they had of a medic till Tom got back from helping Amy. He checked her pulse and then ran off for a moment before coming back with a needle, he injected the liquid into her neck and the convulsions stopped. Roy helped her sit up, and noted the red eyes before saying "are you okay!? what happened?"
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 am

Yuina made her way to the EBS:Dead Weight. She followed the frantic captain without saying anything and watched her as she fell into a convulsion. This would be the first time she's ever had physical contact with another human for so long. Yuina watched Roy tend to the woman.

"Pardon me sir, I am Yuina... the one that saved her. If there's anything i could do to help... Also, i would like to request permission to dock in your ship for the time being, just until we reach Amy's facility where i am hoping i could resupply."

Yuina walked over and knelt down near the Captain, she removed her jacket and wrapped it around the convulsing woman.
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Tue May 05, 2009 1:24 am

Amy crossed the link tube into the Dead Weight proper. Roy and a woman ""Pardon me sir, I am Yuina... the one that saved her. If there's anything i could do to help..." ah apparently Yuina of the Heartless MK II were trying to stabilize yet another person. Amy didn't know who it was but she looked in worse shape the herself. Amy hoped Tom was close behind.

"Roy I am going to head back to the old mining facility and get it ready to accommodate this many people. I am available over all legal bands and anisble if we have to change plans. Anything else you need before I head out?"

Amy hoped the girl lying on the deck would be alright. She always felt bad that she couldn't do medicine. She could care for a machine like it were a precious babe, but give her a sick babe and well ... In any case she had a lot of work to do. She powered up The Twins and decoupled from the larger government vessel. She had a lot of things to get ready. Some of these ships would need refueling, all of the people were going to need something to eat. Amy sighed to herself. It might be fun though she hadn't "thrown a party" since she graduated from the academy.

Amy flashed her her engines in Morris Code ".- .-.. .... . .- -.. .. -. --. -... .- -.-. -.- - --- .--. --- .-. - .-.-.- ..-. --- .-.. .-.. --- .-- .. ..-. -.-- --- ..- --. . - - .... .. ... -- . ... ... .- --. . .-.-.- .. .- -- ... ..- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. -.-. --- -- -- ..- -. .. -.-. .- - .. --- -. ... .- .-. . -.. --- .-- -. .- --. .- .. -. .-.-.- "

That was all she could do for now. Everyone had her coordinates. Amy was a tad relieved to be heading home.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 am

((I realize that this is slowing down, please stick with me, something bigger is about to happen in a post or two, just wanna get to the planet and all that good stuff.))

Roy shook Amy's hand and thanked her "you have no idea how lost we would be without you right now... or maybe you do." She walked off and he looked at Yuina "no, Tom is probably the only other one who know's much about this, he'll be here soon" he gave her a big open hearted smile when she asked if she could dock at his ship, "of course! without you to annoy the hell out of those laser's, our ships would have been shot to hell with no one to pilot them!" Roy then turned away from her and muttered into the comm "computer, allow docking access to the ship registered to one Yuina, currently near this ship" the computer gave a low hum so tht it could scan and then finished "Yuina... do you need anything else?"

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Tue May 05, 2009 3:05 pm

With one last convulsion Cythania breathed deeply, her arms resting against her flight suit's sides. She pushed herself up with one hand, looking at the man who had helped her. "I apalogize." she said clearly, her eyes a cloudy white. "I'm not usually the type to need this much assistance..." pushing herself to her feet, she looked around. "Are you in need of any assistance? I'm a rather...jack-of-all-trades if I do say so myself." she thought quietly to herself 'except when it comes to medicine...' the last time she had given her self some pain reliever, a day later she had found out it was medicine she was allergic too. It had taken four injections to get rid of the hives, and she still had the marks to prove it.
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 pm

"Im fine Roy. Thank you... but it seems to me that this woman needs more attention than me. I'll be in the hangar if you need me for anything."

Yuina left the woman called Cythania and Roy alone. Finally, she had a temporary place to relax. She pushed a button in her comm link while waking down the corridors of the EBS:Dead Weight asking for directions to the hangar.

"H, we have permission to dock in the EBS:Dead Weight. Release the boarding pod and commence docking procedures. you're on your own for now, if you scratch yourself i won't fix you."
"Affirmative... Releasing boarding pods. Commencing Docking Procedures. Auto Pilot engaged. Course set to EBS:Dead Weight."

Not long after, Yuina found herself in a rather impressive hangar. She sat by a pile of ammunition boxes waiting for the Heartless MK II to appear in the docking bay. From here on out, all that there is left is to wait for the arrival in Amy's Asteroid Cluster Facility.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 am

Amy arrived back "home" quickly enough. Since she was alone she just spoke out loud to herself. It always made her more comfortable anyway. Plus no one was around to call her weird for it.

"Okay first things first, everyone is going to need to refuel unless they run on a closed power grid. I have solar magnifiers, fusion crystals and some old outdated super saturated hydrocarbons. Who knows? The Moore's Law may run on stuff like that. Alright next places to sit." Amy looked around. There were crates of old mining equipment so mattresses and one or two office chairs. Also there were the built in couches and tables that fastened to the bulk head of the facility. Amy decided her best bet was to make the random smattering of "furniture" seem like it was being used as storage space and accentuate the built in accommodations. She put sheets on all of the furniture, dusted the tables, and even managed to use one of her hair scarves as a sort of doily. Maybe people would think it was as nice as a dormitory... well a dorm was better then "Who lives here? Some dead beat mechanic who needs to find a girlfriend. Amy giggled, well she was a mechanic...

"No time for that now" she said out loud. "Food that should be next. She didn't know everyone's eating restrictions. Well Amy was vegan and therefore she probably had the strictest requirements. She settled on Vegan Lasagna Garlic bread and a chocolate pie. She finished it off with a huge tossed salad and put everything to chill while she waited. She spent the rest of her spare time cleaning tinkering with little things to get more of the lights to work and freshening up.

As Amy sat manning the scanners waiting for one of the other ships she silently prayed everything would work out.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Wed May 06, 2009 3:36 pm

((Since I haevn't posted in a while. I'll just assume I've already helped Amy and moving on to pentalimons character.))

Tom spotted the women whom Roy had just injected with what looked like some kind of antistetic.
"Here let me take a look Roy," he said confidiently before looking over her body. The metal fingers alarmed him at first but, the tissue wasn't inflamed. This meant the body was not refecting the fingers as foreign. He lifted her eyelids noting that the discoloration probably was a side effect of some kind of genetic splicing. He continued on to lift were leg which he felt was extremely bony, and nearly muscleless. "I can fix her in a jiffy but, I'd keep her under close supervision. Something tells me that these alien bastards were expirementing on her. I doubt it was viral, bacterial, or parisitic though, propably gene splicing," he commented towards Roy as he injected the women below him with a quick dose of steriodic nanobots. Magical little things they would rebuild all the muscle in her body and then dissolve and be cleared from the body. He hoped that he had seen the extent of her injuries.
I help new people learn to RP. If you need help, PM me, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 pm

"Cast down from your seat, cast down from your power... this is how you will fall."

-Small excerpt from "Life and Times: The Fall of Your King

"Good job Tom... get your ship ready, we'll talk again when we touch down... thank you... for everything, you really saved our asses back there" Roy turned back to Cynthia "I have to stop meeting you people under these circumstances... yes, we do need a new crew member... the last one died back there" Roy said gesturing to a couple men dragging said man's body onto the ship to be put in frozen storage till he could recieve proper burial. He gave a sweet smile as a voice rang in his ear "sir, I figured out the ship... it's alot like the Galloff tech in way of controls" he gave a quick reply "okay, follow us down to the planet... i'm going to have some fun with that later" Roy helped Cynthia up onto her feet and sat her down in a chair in front of a control console before sending a message out to Aloisius "if you wanna follow us, were touching down in a bit, i'm getting the ship ready now" he walked over to his seat and quickly entered a few commands on his keyboard and told everyone on board "strap in, we are leaving in 10... 9..." then seeing everyone was already ready to go he quickly said "screw it and here we go!"

touching down on the planet felt oooooh so great after the long day they had all just had... but it was about to get all the longer.

upon the ship "Solsenzen"

"commander, we have approached within firing range and are full ready to fire on command" the messanger was nervouse after hearing what happened to the last one. The commander gave a wide, evil smile, "no... I plan to win using thier tactics... set us down to land and prepare the men" the messanger nodded numbly and left to do as he was commanded to do... in less than two minutes, all hell would break loose.

0:00

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Thu May 07, 2009 12:15 pm

The ship's movement forced Yuina to stop working on her Heartless MK II. She looked around for the monkey wrench she tossed a while back. Frustrated she couldn't find it, Yuina decided to stop adjusting the Heartless' lasers for now. She got up from under her ship and looked for the nearest comm panel. A lot of Roy's crew are busy tinkering with stuff new to Yuina's eyes. Apparently, Roy must be the type of guy who loves technology. A techy for short.

"Coming through! Make way!" yelled two of Roy's Crew while carrying what seemed to be a replacement part for something. Just as they passed by Yuina, she was able to notice something engraved on that particular piece of metal with wires. "Giggler Beam" Puzzled, Yuina decided it wasn't her field of expertise.

She continued to walk up to the comm panel and pressed Bridge.

"Excuse me, this is Yuina. Roy, i wouldn't want to trouble you again but may i ask if you have spare 80mm crystal lenses? i fried my laser's lenses when i charged up the frequency earlier. I'm sorry for the trouble, it's just that... lasers are the only weapons in my ship. I don't feel comfortable when something is wrong with them. I'll pay the regular price for the lenses if you would spare me some. Thanks!"

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu May 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Cythania frowned at the slowness of Roy's ship, and offered up a bit of information. "I know how to make it go faster..." she slid her metal fingertips across the touch screen in front of her, looking down at it and finally achieving the result she wanted. An automated voice said 'IN CHECK system now ready for operation. Would you like the safety adjusted, Captain Cythania?" she couldn't help herself, she smiled at Roy. "I designed this software. I'm the only one who can access it. Brace yourself, buddy." she clicked a blue button option on the touch screen and the ship rocketed forward, so fast the lights of stars blurred.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 am

Alpha 285 and its cargo of about 100 soldiers and their supplies were on there way towards their given location. No one on board was quite sure where they were heading, except of course for the captain and pilot of the ship. The only information the soldiers were given was that they will encounter an enemy that they had never battled before. The tension in holding area was at a high as the soldiers sat side by side on the small benches waiting for landing. Having so many bodies in one compact space over a long period of time had also caused the temperature to rise in the holding area. Sweat ran down many off the soldiersā€™ faces, but one couldnā€™t tell if it was because of the increase in heat or because they were nervous. ā€œTen minutes until touch down,ā€ said a husky voice over the speakers.

Both the fear and excitement amongst the soldiers grew, except for young soldier who was sitting calmly and in silence amongst the others. Her assault rifle was wedged between her knees and legs as she sat there watching the others. A few appeared to be biting their nails a habit she had noticed a few time in some of their missions, a sign of nervousness which wasnā€™t a good thing because it usually resulted in silly mistakes being made and in this case it could cost someoneā€™s life.

The girl felt a nudge beside her seeing a familiar face underneath the helmet, she gave a soft smile, ā€œOi Sarahā€¦do you think there are any survivors from the other crew?ā€ The whole holding area appeared to have fallen silent as all heads turned towards Sarah waiting for her answer. ā€œUm..ā€ she swallowed dry as she watched all eyes on her and then turned to her friend, ā€œIā€™m sure they found a secure place to hide out and wait for back up.ā€ That answer seemed to have satisfied everyone and her friend as they all returned to what they were doing. But Sarah knew that what she had said wasnā€™t true, remembering hearing the other commanderā€™s stress call, the terror and fear in the manā€™s voice before it cut off was something she had never heard before. A fully grown, ruthless man sounding so terrified gave her goose-bumps all over every time she heard the message.

ā€œWe have arrived at our destination, please remain in your seats until we have safely landed,ā€ said the husky voice over the speakers again. Sarah clutched her rifle in her hands, as the ship started to shake rapidly as they slowly descended towards the ground.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Locksmythe on Fri May 08, 2009 8:38 pm

"... What do you mean you can't pilot to the coordinates Amy sent us without sensors? They were working five minutes ago... Frak! Just use the fighter's sensors, okay? I swear, if one more thing on this ship breaks..."

A loud shearing noise shakes the ship. "What did I just say?" <Sorry.> "Just get us to the ground. I need someone else's air. And gravity." As Moore docks the ship gently with Amy's facility, Aloisius unbuckles himself and does a few exercises to acclimate himself to Amy's gravity. After a few moments, he hears a noise. "Is that... Hissing? Oh, I guess we're venting atmosphere into us, for once. I should probably go fix those while we're in an atmosphere, thin though it may be. Give me two minutes, then start pumping our own oxygen in, too."

With a resigned look on his face, Al fishes some duct tape and a marker out of his toolbox, exhales, and opens the door to the rest of his mostly-depressurized ship, taking shallow breaths and marking leaks as air floods into his ship. As the pressure equalizes, and as Aloisius stops seeing spots, he starts putting duct tape and patches over the leaks.

Finished with his "repairs", Aloisius kicks open the docking door on his ship and enters Amy's facility. He walks in on Amy tinkering with a light socket. "I find the easiest way to fix those is to..." He hangs his head. "...to call The Twins. Anyway, it looks really nice in here." Looking around, he continues, "Er, for an unfinished mechanic's shop, anyway. Oooh, and that smells really good! What is it?"

Locksmythe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Cythania sighed happily as the ship zoomed at super speed through space, and smiled along with it.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 am

The ship hit the ground with a thump, as all the soldiers held onto any parts of the ship that wouldnā€™t move or fall out of place. ā€œAttention all,ā€ a small around man spoke, standing on top of some of the cargo so that everyone could see and hear him. ā€œOnce outside we will split into our assigned groups, and from there we will scatter and search across the whole plantā€¦.are aim is to find any survivors and bring them back to shipā€¦.each of you has been infected with a chip that will allows us to track all your movements in case anything goes wrongā€¦.well this is it, go out there and give those bastards HELL!ā€ There were loud roars coming from the soldiers as they all seemed to chant together as the doors opened and they flooded out.

As Sarah rose from her seat she was forced with the mob towards the door. At first she was moving on her own paced but the rush of soldiers on both sides and the pushing from behind made her pick up her pace to a jog. Once outside there was a cool breeze going, and before them stood a large and thick forest. This was going to be a challenge to get through. Sarah looked along the outside of the forest watching as everyone geared up before finding her own group.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!