Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

And So Falls The Sword (IC, always accepting)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

And So Falls The Sword (IC, always accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 pm

((please sign up in the OOC first: here-are-ooc-signups-t20695.html ))

"And thus the sword falls, if it is to ever rise again, let the men that stand around me, be protected from the horricity."

-Glarceroid leader, Galver Chisan

Roy looked out the cabin window and willed his goggles to zoom in farther before saying "computer, access targeting module 5A and fire" a slight pause followed by the satisfying hum of the weapon charging and the computerized voice saying "Charge, 30%... 70%... 100%, firing weapon 'giggle beam'" this made Roy laugh, the name wasn't his idea, but it was appropriate compared to some of the other weapons he was to test. The hum continued for a moment before the even more satisfying zip of the laser being launched, and hitting an asteroid. The small crew cheered at the success of another weapon and got back to manning thier stations "computer, enter battery charge" another small hum as solar panels on the top of the ship flipped out.

He looked around at his crew and smiled "fourth succesful weapon so far, three more to go!" this brought a cheer from everyone but one person, Roy walked over to him and asked "something wrong?" the man stared at him blankly for a second before responding
"yes sir, that last blast seems to have damaged the gun" this brought a small frown from Roy as he flipped his goggles onto his forehead and sighed before saying "computer, send a message out to the nearest mechanic class ship 'broken weapon needs fixing ASAP'" a pause and then
"message sent to vessel 'The Twins'" he looked around for a moment, but quickly brought his goggles back down as a wail that was the siren "computer, siren, cause?" there was a slight pause as the computerized voice said
"unidentified, heavily armed vessel approaching" Roy then said
"Computer, open comm link to the approaching ship" there was another pause and then a short beep telling him he was connected "Hello, this is The EBS: Dead Weight, please identify yourselves" no response "identify yourselves now or we do have the authourity to shoot!" still nothing. Roy looked at his crew and they all gave a slight nod, it wasn't human, Glarceroid, or Galloff, it had to be one of the hostiles. He gave a deep sigh, "computer, send message to any nearby military affiliates 'possible trouble, please assist as soon as you can''' a short pause and then
"message sent" a deep sigh passed through Roy's lips
"Computer, estimated time until unidentified ship comes into firing range" a long pause, and then the all too familiar feminine voice saying "calculating... calculating... ETA of ship is twenty-nine minutes"
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: And So Falls The Sword (IC, always accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Tom sat in th small lab on his little ship, he had absolutely no intention of achieveing anything there. His real focus was on a small harmless virus he had found in an asteriod.
"This may be the reason I don't make progress quicker. I'm so easily distracted by interesting things; gah this airheadedness," he thought still examining the specimen. Tom was always looking for anything to interest him. He had left earth for his genetic studies but had made little progress. The last genetic creation he had made turned a clone of himself into a giant callused mass of muscle. It was not a pretty sight, alive or dead. His failure had moved him mentally away from his study and toward other things when the asteroid in space caught his attention. He put a sample of the specimen into an bio-accelerator for later testing and headed toward the cock-pit. His radar showed signs of irregular radiation, his investigation lead him to see a human government mega ship... and another smaller ship heading straight for it.
I help new people learn to RP. If you need help, PM me, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Amy was still getting used to the long stretches alone. She always said planet side that she could use the vacation that solitary deep space flight offered but now that she was actually here well... She didn't have time to think about that right now. A few minutes earlier she had received an automated call from "The EBS: Dead Weight". Her subspace identifier said it was a full sized government cruiser. This was a big deal. Government work paid well and could lead to regular contracts. If she was going to go though she wanted to put on a good impression. She started the scrubbers on the outside hull and turned down the gravity. She always found that low to zero g showers got you cleaner. She typed in an intercept course with the "Dead Weight" and headed for the tub. Sporting a fresh jump suit she went to the controls checked all of her repair systems. Satisfied that she could at least pass for professional Amy hailed the closing cruiser.

"EBS: Dead Weight", this is the Deep Space Wrecker/Repair Freighter "Twins" license number WER-1337. We are preparing to run a diagnostic on your hull and basic systems. What appears to be the problem?"

Amy was nervous as the line went dead. She hoped they wouldn't laugh at her or tell her that she wasn't exactly what they were expecting. It had been an automated call after all. Her nervous musing was cut short by a warning on her long range sensors. There was a ship moving into an aggressive flight pattern with the "Dead Weight". Ship nothing this thing was armed for bear!

"Its a freaken battle cruiser". For a moment Amy was stunned. Her heart skipped a beat and she sprang to action she typed a quick message out to her hopeful employers. ::Large cruiser in coming at heading 0 -9er moving my vessel behind to provide mechanical support in the event of an altercation::. That was all she could do she pulled "The Twins around and attached to the hull of the larger vessel. This other ship wasn't human or Glarceroid. She didn't know galloff architecture as well but she was pretty sure this wasn't it either. She hoped this government vessel hadn't called her to fix the shields.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:46 pm

"As the sword falls, so do your ambitions and hopes, you must learn to live without these weapons lest our history remain the same..."

-Master C. Mbutu, wise old man and dear old friend.

A message rang through "EBS: Dead Weight", this is the Deep Space Wrecker/Repair Freighter "Twins" license number WER-1337. We are preparing to run a diagnostic on your hull and basic systems. What appears to be the problem?" Roy was distraced with trying to calculate if the weapons would recharge in time, but after hearing "Large cruiser in coming at heading 0 -9er moving my vessel behind to provide mechanical support in the event of an altercation." whoever she was, she was going to be a great help. After running it all through in his head, Roy figures that the "Jetison Rocket" would be operational in time for the attack. He frowned and said "computer, open rear hatch to let the driver of 'The Twins' aboard" a low moan escaped from the back of the ship as the gate slid open and created an airtight seal around the ship, Roy quickly walked back to greet the woman who was coming to thier aid. It took him only two minutes to get from the front of the ship to the back, but it seemed like an eternity when you could die in less than thirty, but he smiled and pushed his goggles onto his forehead to greet the visitor mechanic and simply said "as you can see, we are about to be attacked, but if you would follow me..." he gestured with his arms to the weapons room "i'll show you what needs fixing" he began walking toward the room and slid his goggles down saying "computer, nearest military affiliate" an almost immediate response of "none within hundred Prilosects of the ship" he cursed under his breath before continuing
"nearest non-military, non-hostile, armed ship" a small wait and then the voice came saying
"one small cruiser with one human lifeform on board" Roy sighed ~it'll have to do~ he thought
"computer, hail the ship 'immediate assistance is requested, please respond'"
"message sent" Roy then turned back toward the mechanic, bowing and saying
"forgive me for being rude, my name is Roy, and I have an experimental weapon I need you to fix"

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:08 am

Amy tried not to show her surprise, an experimental weapon? How do you fix something that isn't done being built yet she thought to herself. Outwardly she smiled.

"Of course, given the circumstances we'll just have to make it short order huh?" She smiled at Roy. It was a machine, it was supposed to do something and it wasn't doing it, that was all there was to it.

"So Captain? I assume this isn't the only weapon system on the ship right?" As she spoke Amy was already pulling out her tools and looking for the damaged system. With any luck it would be a burned out module or a heat sink, something she could unscrew and just put a replacement in. Under normal circumstances she would have been wishing for more of a challenge but these were not normal circumstances.

"How about shielding? a thought visibly crossed her mind. Hey you know you can plug your shield genny into my ship and use her as an auxiliary power unit. You should be able to get half again as much protection with a secondary generator. That will give us a few more minutes to get this weapon of yours back online." Amy was pleased with herself. She took a moment to breathe and look around. She didn't really know many people from Earth. They were all so tall she felt like a child surrounded by giants.

"Well I'll be down in the Geoffries tube if you need me. Keep me posted Roy. Oh, and I charge extra for dying on the job!" She gave the man she had just met a cheerful nod and ducked into the maintenance space. She hoped she had calmed him down a little bit. He looked really nervous. Of course she would be too with all those lives on her head. She didn't envy him. Also she was curious about this other ship way out here. She hoped they hadn't just asked someone worse then the aliens for help. Braced in the crawl space she felt safe. It was like being in a storm cellar. She would do her job get paid heck maybe even make some friends. These people seemed alright there was nothing to worry about. As she worked she tried to convince herself that it would all be alright.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:23 am

"there are seven weapons systems, but they run on a continuum circuit... unfortunately if one goes down they all do... just find the one labelled 'giggle beam' and the problem should be there." He laughed as she mentioned the shields "Ahh yes, the shields... if they dont break as well, then they can hold up a barrage of atomic bombs for ten minutes." He smiled "which is why your timing is impeccable" Roy laughed, "the funny thing is, I designed this ship and all of the weaponry, but I probably couldn't fix it if all it was, was a small leak" he smiled as she decended downwards "good luck!" he stopped for a moment before saying "computer, access unused data file and record the following battle" Roy walked back to the deck of the ship. The approching ship was close, and he hoped it wouldn't be much closer.

((all this was posted from a PS3, please bear with any errors))

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Tom heard the to crackling over his, very old radio system. A sense of dread fell over him as he groped over the side of the seat for his headset, which, he might be able to actually hear on.
"Government ship.... request... immediate aid." was all he could make out. The ships engines roared to life as he headed toward the shipo in distress. While trying to get a lock on the ships ansibles he quickly typed a short message.

Sergeant Tom Anglen, ship registration IIE-674. Please communicate to this ship through ansibles, radio system sucks. Please send flight coordinates and weapon firing patterns. I will aid as much as possible.

The quickly typed message was sent through space at the speed of light as he began flipping switches, pressing buttons, and running system anylisis'. He turned up his gravity generator to 70% capacity and flipped a switch opening three flaps on the outside of the ship. He quickly punched complicated alligorithms onto the green and black screen. A conformation message appeared saying. Are you sure you want to begin charging inner batteries through the Temporary Magnetic Field. Hitting the "y" button on the keyboard he hoped he could make it in time.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Amy let out a sigh of relief as she found the Giggle Beam. It was some sort of laser based weapon. Unlike projectiles laser based weaponry had few moving parts. The problem was almost definitely going to be either a melted barrel or a damaged focusing mirror tube /crystal. The weapon itself was retracted into a recess just inside the hull. An efficient design that gave her plenty of room to get at the most likely problem point. Using a hand torch she bore through the barrel and dislodged it from the main chamber of the beam emitter. An inspection of the inside confirmed her general theory. The light passed through an acceleration crystal and then entered the mirrored barrel where a computer could make adjustments for targeting. The internal crystal had come dislodged probably due to heat warping the metal casing. Amy flipped on her com.

"Roy, I have isolated the problem. It will probably take me 12 minutes to get the Giggle operational. I am going to need either a replacement focusing crystal or some scrap metal down here. How are things top side? What's the situation with the ship coming to aid us?" If we engage the enemy before I am finished I'll try to give you a play by play. Otherwise I will try and boost essential systems wherever necessary."

As Amy moved up the tunnel to wait for the spare parts she began to feel confident. Things seemed to be falling into place. The time limit was helping her perform at her best. If she could survive the next 15 minutes she figured her life would get a lot more interesting.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 pm

...of course, your own sword must fall as well, when it does, you must decide how it will affect you, will it shatter you? or make you stronger.

A continuation, Master C. Mbutu

~a focusing crystal...~ Roy thought to himself ~damnit!, thisis all I have~ he pulled his goggles off of his head and removed one of the larger focusing lenses "here, try this" he was giving a heavy frown as he tossed it to her down in the hatch "i'll be back, I have to get the ship ready." Roy put his goggles on his forehead and gave the command "computer, charge PL93072, access targeting module 5B" no pause at all this time,
"weapon inoperable, charge anyway?" Roy quickly shouted
"yes damnit charge, charge!" a low hum came about and Roy walked to the front of the ship to address his crew. "Men, women... we all know that so far no one has come back alive from one of these attacks... not to get any hopes up but if anyone has a chance we do." a slight murmer from the group "just get back to your stations" He flipped his goggles on to check the distance of the craft, it was nearly upon them "computer, display ETA of hostile ship" a slight beep and then a counter came up on every screen reading "3M 32S."

Roy was confident that his crew could do it, but it made him even more sure when a message came through saying "Sergeant Tom Anglen, ship registration IIE-674. Please communicate to this ship through ansibles, radio system sucks. Please send flight coordinates and weapon firing patterns. I will aid as much as possible." this man who ever he was might just have been the crucial factor they needed. "Computer, send reply in ansibles 'Flight coordinates sent to computer, firing patterns ar as follows: single charge projectile launcher charged at thirty percent, estimated firing time in four minutes not including repair time'" the message was sent and the battle was nearly upon them.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

A count down appeared on Amy's diagnostic rig. Amy glanced down and let out a curse in Glarceroid, 3m 32sec until enemy engagement. Okay she thought to herself new plan. There was no way she could properly adjust the lens to make this weapon work in that short of a period. However as Roy had said this wasn't the only weapon on the ship. If she could make the computer and the other weapons think this weapon was working it would "complete the circuit" so to speak. Working quickly she opened the box that lead to the computer control circuits. Inside was a tangled mess of different colored wires, transistors and fiber optic data lines visibly zipping data from one part of the ship to another. She followed one of these lines down to the base of the Giggle Beam and then up its exterior until it disappeared into the guns superstructure. Okay she thought to herself as she pulled out a drill and started removing bolts.

"An update captain. Given the time crunch I am going to try and get the ship to think the Giggle is operational first. That way you can use your other weapon systems. If that works I can get back to actually fixing it when we aren't sitting ducks. Technically modifying a computer system in this manner is not exactly legal and I wanted to get your permission before I go committing a felony. Think of it as hot wiring I suppose."

Amy knew she didn't really have time to wait for an answer so she dove right in. She hoped the answer would come back positive and if it didn't at least this way she might have a defense if Roy decided to have her arrested. Working quickly she routed the sensors that kept tabs on the Giggle to other systems such as lighting and life support that would come up affirmative as long as she and the crew were still alive. It wasn't particularly safe as in theory it would allow the weapons to be discharged even if they reached unsafe levels but the upside was it was unlikely that a computer glitch would shut them down even if they were otherwise operable which was what was happening to the other six systems currently. She double checked her work and wrapped electrical tape around the whole thing to prevent a fire. After that she disabled power to the Giggle so it wouldn't try to fire and called the bridge again.

"Okay Roy I gave it my best shot. I think you should be able to power up weapons, but be careful. None of the usual safety or emergency protocols will be active. The computer can still target and manage the weaponry it just can't see them properly anymore. Pretty much no matter what is actually going on the computer will read the weapons as at 100%, if this little bundle of tape works that is. I am going to get back to actually fixing the Giggle now. Who knows, if we can stay together long enough maybe we can hit them with that after they think they have got all of our systems analyzed. Good luck!"

Amy tapped out a quick message and broadcast to the friendly in coming ship via ansible. "Hey cowboy back home on Mars we appreciate a mysterious rider coming in to save the day. If we survive this I owe you a good home cooked meal." She nodded to herself and began the delicate process of placing a round focusing lens into a diamond shaped hole.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Fri May 01, 2009 12:36 am

Heh... the sword falling? who cares? in the end these damn weapons are all gonna come back and kill us anyway, that is if those aliens dont get us first.

-Unknown criminal in a human prison

"Yes!, Computer, Open hatch containing the PL93072, prepare to fire" a mechanical whirr came and then a screaching of the metal grinding against metal as the hatch opened "thank you very much, if we survive this you'll be eating lobster till your grandkids have kids" this of course was a lie, but it made a point. "Computer, Access targeting module 5A" a long wait before the reply
"targeting module 5A damaged" he thought for a moment and thought ~oh! the goggles, I removed a lense~ "computer, access Targeting module 5B and prepare 'Sprint' module" the "sprint" module was highly experimental and probably would break after one use, but it allowed instantaneous travel for distances of up to one hundred miles. A very loud beep and then a flashing marker saying that the weapon was at ninety percent charge, the ship was coming in thirty seconds, and that the sprint module was ready. "everyone, grab onto something now and get ready for a field test!" Roy sat down and strapped himself in with several buckles before saying "computer, restrain passenger in weapons room for nine seconds" a small beep told him that the deed was done, so he pressed a small blue button on his armrest and gripped tightly. Roy screamed as it felt like his head was going to permanatley embed itself in the back of the chair, but the feeling was over in just a second as the ship came to a sudden halt... right next to the approaching ship. After a short moment of confusion he quickly said "everyone! quick, grab a weapon and get ready to board!" he saw the shocked look on everyones faces and he said "computer, fire the PL93072" instantly a loud whip sound rang across the ship as the weapon fired, shooting out several grappling hooks and an airtight tube. Roy gave a sly smile and said "everyone ready?"

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Locksmythe on Fri May 01, 2009 5:17 pm

"Booo-weep! Booo-weep! Booo-weep! Booo-weep! Booo-weep!..."

Aloisius rolled over in the pilot's and grabbed at his chrome wrist-com on the console. After a few groggy tries, he righted himself in the chair and sat up, stretching and rubbing his eyes before reaching for the device. "Christ, Moore, don't you have any respect for sleeping people? ... Never mind, what catastrophic failure is it this time?" The screen on his wrist flashed as Moore responded. <<Al, that's the proximity alarm. We're within weapons range of a number of unidentified vessels.>> "... Oh." Aloisius pulled up the scanner screens and, sure enough, there were one, two, three...

"Moore! You didn't tell me 'unidentified' meant 'three nobodies and some hostile aliens here to kill us!' Okay, okay... Do they see us? No, we're still here. And that's a government vessel and... Hey, The Twins! What's Amy doing in a situation like this? How did I get in this situation?" Aloisius starts flipping switches all over his control panel, deactivating non-essential systems, turning off life-support to everything but the slightly-more-heavily-shielded computer room. "Moore, get ready to activate the deflector field if they see us. We're going to move to close range, and we'll see if there's anything we can do to help. Oh, and Moore?" <<Yes?>> "Remind me to get you outfitted with some weapons. This neighborhood isn't safe anymore."

Aloisius started running to the computer room, and as the gravity began to shut off he started guiding his flight around corners with all four limbs. He reached the computer room, shut the door, and strapped himself into his chair. "Okay, Moore, send a message to the government cruiser. Give their ship some transponder codes, something believable, and tell them they've got a stealthed vessel with EMP capability." <<Sending message via ancible: Tesla Coil, ID: AF-3664BE approaching to assist. EM-field capability, stealthed. Please advise.>> "Yeah, yeah, that's fine. Oh, and toss out four buoys, tetra-pattern around the hostile ship. I'm going to ping the aliens and try to get some information on their systems." As he started typing furiously, Aloisius cursed himself for choosing to eat instead buying the new TX-88 transmitter array last time he was in port.

Locksmythe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Fri May 01, 2009 8:49 pm

For a moment Amy thought the ship was exploding as several automated air restraints sudennly cushioned her in the small tube. A second later she felt herself being thrown violently back as the ship lurched forward with enormous ferocity.

"What in God's Name is Going On!" Amy screamed into the cushions. Before she could finish screeching however the ship came to a halt. A quarter of a second later the safety bags deflated. She heard several hisses and felt a less dramatic jolt. Weapons fire maybe? Her question was answered by Roy's voice over the comm.

"Everyone! quick, grab a weapon and get ready to board!" then "Everyone Ready?"

Oh God, she thought. They were boarding the enemy vessel? These were the aliens that no had lived to talk about right? She gulped in air. It didn't matter. She was here and now and that was all the decision she could afford to make. Her therepist at the academy Dr. Wilcox always told her that all that is required for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing. Until this moment those words seemed distant, more of a parable than a reality. It wasn't fair and it wasn't what she was paid or trained to do but if all those men and women up there could do it so could she. She reached down and unhooked her chain glaive. As she climbed out of the Jefferies tube she realized her hair was messed up and her crisp flight suit was covered in grease and metal shavings. She sighed so much for a good impression.

"Roy, this is crazy." Looking around she could tell some of the crew agreed with her. She took a step toward to pressurizing "gang plank". "Arr, lets show these scurvy dogs what happens when you mess with humanity." She hoped her tough girl act was inspiring or at least a little amusing. She had a feeling they were going to need all the inspiration they could get.

"Charge!"

"

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Fri May 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Tom positioned his ship right below the hull of the hostile using the help of it's gravity field. Once in position he fired one concentrated EMP at the ship, hopefully knocking out most of the non-essential electronics. He prepared the ship for boarding, typing the commands into the ships computer alignment system. He rushed into the lab, flipping a hidden switch. Out from underneath several specimin stands flew out revealing an extremely large collection of weapons, several illegal. Gearing up in with military speed and precision. He armed himself with a government issued submachine gun, a Scotsane plasma pistol, and his medicine vest. Running straight back to his cockpit to send a final message before firing his boarding pod.

"Any particular plan. If you have any recon tell me. I will be firing my boarding pod on your command. I will meet up with your main force shortly. Out."

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Deep space... dark, calm and silent, an environment she preferred after escaping the
harsh realities of life on earth. On board her Heartless MK II, currently drifting in space
under stealth mode, she had her eyes closed as if contemplating on a deep thought.
the only systems currently working on her ship are the communications,life support,
stealth system and her radar. Painted black, her ship had the perfect tone
to be camouflaged in space.

A mild beep accompanied by a flashing red light caught her attention. Yuina opened
one eye and stared directly at her communication panel. it seems her system picked up
a transmission. She reached out lazily and pressed the button revealing a virtual panel
that displayed a text version of the transmission.

"Ship registration: IIE-674
Registered to: Sgt. Tom Anglen

Message: "Any particular plan. If you have any recon tell me. I will be firing my boarding
pod on your command. I will meet up with your main force shortly. Out."

After reading the message, both her eyes popped open.

"There's life nearby? strange, i thought these parts are rather unpopulated..."

She flipped a couple of switches and pulled out the Heartless' Drive Key and
inserted it in the rightful slot. Moments later, her ship's consoles and systems
came to life. Her main monitor displayed "Heartless MK II Online".

"H, scan 600 Prilosects around our current location."
The female voice of her computer responded.
"Scanning..."

Moments later, a discreet map of the 600 range scanned revealed heat signatures from five
different ships. One is of unknown origins. The rest were on the Heartless MK II's database.
Illegally acquired database of course.

"A Battle...? Here...? H, remain on cloaking but make sure one of the ships notices our presence,
if they ask for assistance. give them a positive reply. Ready our weapons."
"Affirmative."
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 pm

We are all going to die! you here me? D.I.E. die! they are too... oh god, what are they firi-

-Comunications expert from trade ship: "Jumbler"... first encounter with hostiles.

Roy gave an amused smile at the mechanic, "it may be crazy, but we have a better chance of boarding them than we do against thier battle cruiser" he gave a sincerely happy smile as the message rang through
"Any particular plan. If you have any recon tell me. I will be firing my boarding pod on your command. I will meet up with your main force shortly. Out."
Roy sent out a quick reply "board when ready, attempt to board near us, no recon" he looked at his crew and the mechanic before saying "computer, open hatch 1B" and a small hatch opened up leading from the "Dead Weight" to the enemy cruiser. he gave an amused laugh when another message rang through from another, apparently friendly, vessel. "Computer send response, provide whatever assistance necesarry, please be advised we are boarding" Roy took one last look at his crew before saying "Everyone, GO!" he quickly ran and jumped through the air tight tube, giving off a bit of a evil cackle as he was finnaly going to be able to meet the people who did such horrible things to allied ships. To give a true airtight seal, when the tube ejected from the ship it was closed on one end and would only open once a password was typed into the door, Roy quickly typed in his three digit password and pressed the large red button to open the door. What Roy saw left him reletively brathless, all the technology, it just wasn't right that anyone should have things like this... Roy had ideas, but to actually make this all so... perfect, seemed impossible. It had just about every componet that a ship would need, and then some, it was all miniaturized, but almost definatley not under powered. Roy didn't have much time to marvel as he quickly pulled his rapier out from its place at his hip and looked around to face what was around him, alien, hostiles, whatever you want to call them, they were extremely pale, very tall, almost nine feet... and carrying weapons alot like he was, swords.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 pm

"Yuina, we have just received confirmation on the request for assistance.
It's from the EBS:Dead Weight. Please be advised that they are boarding."

"Roger. Boarding at this age and time? whoever is leading them certainly
has guts i'll give him or her that. H, we're going full throttle... Maximum
power to the thrusters. I have no plans of boarding so we'll be the diversion.
We'll attack from the other side away from where they are."

"Yuina, please be advised that the unknown ship is most likely a space noah
class. our weapons may not do much damage to it."

"H, every giant has a weak spot."
"Yuina, i can't comprehend."
"Doesn't matter. Play my music please."

Old school rock music began to fill the cockpit of the Heartless MK II as Yuina
jammed her foot hard on the thruster pedals letting her ship go on full drive.
She steered away from where the EBS: Dead Weight is anchored and began an
approach to the opposite side.

"H, inform them of our battle strategy. Tell them we'll try to cause as much damage
as we can on the other side of the ship."

"Affirmative. sending message"

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Fri May 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Tom recieved his response and chuckled, "No recon? and I can board whenever I want? Sounds just like Jelklihian!" Jelkihian had been a space battle in a nebula were he had been stationed. It was an insane bloddbath, but he couldn't just go all nostalgic with himself now. He ran through the narrow hallway and entered on of the three boarding pods (All stolen or illegal) and fired into the ships hull. The air thined momentarily as the hole around the pod was sealed with a rubber putty and the door opened. Tom looked over the ship, suprisingly, his EMP had not worked the power was still functional.
"Something's fishy about this," He though as he examined the whitewashed hallway he was in. Rushing through the labyrinth of hallways, guided by the gunshots and class of metal, he flipped the safety of his submachine gun. After rounding a corner he saw all he needed to see a soldier (Low Ranked and relatively unskilled by the looks of him) about to be slaughtered with a sword by a near nine foot mamoth of and alien. Tom raised his gun and let off a quick burst. The bullets tore easily through the aliens body, "Obviously these aliens have never heard of guns!" He yelled toward the stunned soldier. Tom's attention was pulled from the soldier to whom was obviously the leader.
"Sergeant Tom Anglen, reporting for duty, permission to lead a coup on the engine room?" he said while always firing at the oncoming onslaught of pale giants that stood in front of them.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Focused on taking evasive maneuvers from an incoming hail of anti-ship
weaponry from the unknown battleship, Yuina noticed one of the
friendlies docked not far from the EBS:Dead Weight. Another one of the
good guys boarded the alien ship.

"Godspeed..."

"Yuina, need i remind you that this ship has no shields nor armor. please
keep that in mind and do not make hasty maneuvers."
"I know that H... i know!"

Evading the last hail of hostile fire, Yuina turned her Heartless MK II around
and began a counter-attack aiming for the alien ship's turrets. To her surprise,
the lasers she fired were negated by the alien ship's shield system.

"High energy barrier setting up every after volley... H, scan for the time lag."
"Scanning..."

Yuina tried firing once more but the same results were gained. Yuina evaded
another hail of enemy fire while waiting for the scan results.

"Yuina, time lag is 3.23 seconds before the barrier completely sets up."
"Hmm... not much time there. Connect me to anyone of the good guys on board
the enemy ship."
"Connecting........ Line secured."

"This is Yuina of the Heartless MK II, i'm currently acting as a diversion
by attacking the ship from the other side, i have a slight problem...
can anybody hear me?"

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sat May 02, 2009 12:25 am

((you all rock with your posting, but please wait for everyone to post before going off on a tandum string of posts))

When you finally realize it is your time to die, you will finally have peace of soul, if not of mind.

-Master C. Mbutu

Roy quickly jabbed his rapier at one of the hostiles, the alien parried with what appeared to be a scimitar like weapon and brought it up for a hefty strike, to which roy got low and jabbed him in the stomach. The man who apparently owned the ship that was helping them let off a few rounds with a primitive sub-machine gun, saving one of his men before asking permission to take a few "God save my friend, take three and do what you must" Roy quickly took his rapier and jabbed over Tom's right shoulder, impaling one of the aliens in the heart "I owe you one."

The battle was going on through, so far no casualties on Roy's side, when a message came through "This is Yuina of the Heartless MK II, i'm currently acting as a diversion
by attacking the ship from the other side, i have a slight problem...
can anybody hear me?" Roy quickly flipped his goggles over his eyes and said "reply to last incoming message: This is Roy of the EBS: Dead Weight, thank you for your services, what exactly do you need?" Roy flipped his goggle back onto his forehead and leaped to the side as one of the blades came crashing next to him "what's wrong with you? cant you see i'm sending a message?" he asked the alien, not expecting a reply nor giving the time to recieve on as he stabbed him in the left shoulder and tripping him foreword.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!