Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Animorphs - Special Missions Division (the post has died)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Animorphs - Special Missions Division (the post has died)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

It has been several years since the yeerk invasion of earth has been stopped. The only original animorph still on Earth is Cassie, but she keeps out of the public eye. Humans now know that other intelligent species are present in the galaxy, but very few visit earth other than the occasional andalite. The hork-bajir are living in Yellowstone National Park, protected from too much public exposure. The members of the taxxon and yeerk species have all become nothlits in the form of Earth animals. Humans are not yet capable of interstellar travel, but they are close.

You have been recruited as part of a secret government program to help protect the globe from various threats. You may be a civilian, or not, your choice. Whichever you choose, nobody knows that you are still alive (the government faked your death) so that you will now be without a history in case of capture. You know all of this, and you were accepted into the program voluntarily. You and a few other people have been given the morphing ability and are on your way to your first mission in a helicopter. You have been told the rules that go along with the morphing ability, but you have not yet acquired any morphs. Your objective for your training mission will be given when the helicopter lands.

Morphing Rules

1. To acquire an animal's DNA, you must physically touch it and focus on absorbing the DNA. The animal usually goes into a trance.
2. You must concentrate on the image of an animal you have acquired in order to turn into it.
3. When morphing, your shape changes in an unpredictable manner over a period of one or two minutes.
4. When morphing, only skin-tight clothing will change with you. All other clothing ect. will likely fall off or be destroyed.
5. You can only stay in animal form for two hours at a time without being stuck in that form permanently, thus becoming a nothlit.
6. When morphed, you gain the instincts of the animal you became. Often these instincts need to be controlled.
7. When morphed you are capable of thought speech. You can communicate mentally with individuals or entire groups of people. They will not be able to communicate back unless they are also in morph (or an andalite).
8. You cannot acquire someone else’s morph.
9. You cannot acquire a dead animal.
10. All physical damage to your body is healed whenever you morph or demorph. If you acquired a sick or injured animal, it will be healthy when you morph into it.

Character Skeleton

Name:
Appearance:
Reason you were chosen as a member of the team:
Other:

All members of the team are human. I will add a list below to keep track of characters and their morphs. I will type any narration text in green (you’ll understand once I use it). I may add some "bonus" facts that I find interesting in blue and/or posting-related information in red.

Team Roster

1. Sarah Parks
Morphs: vulture

2. Dominic Romell
Morphs: wildebeest, vulture

3. Corporal Shawn Hart
Morphs: wildebeest, vulture

4. Joseph Mason
Morphs: secretary bird

Last edited by cloudbreaker on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Animorphs - Special Missions Division

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 pm

((OMG!!! I loved Animorphs! May I join?))

Name: Sarah Parks
Appearance: Image
Reason you were chosen as a member of the team: They seen potential in her. A great love for animals, and great will power. She may not be strong enough to control all the animals instincts, but she will not lose total control, unless it is one animal she has not ever been exposed to.
Other: (None for now.)
I would cross a thousand miles for you. I would climb mountains and swim oceans just to be with you. And if you cried, I would be there to make things better. But if I said I love you, would you laugh and turn your back on me? Would you take advantage of my love then break my heart when you were finished? Or would you hold me in your arms and say Ditto?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Welcome to the team! The first recruit has arrived!

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 am

( I'm like, overly interested in this to see where it's going to go. I loved the show and simply because of this RP I plan on re-watching the episodes online just to make sure I know everything. (I'm not much of a reader, so no idea of any differences in the books. ;x ) )

Name: Dominic Romell
Appearance: Dominic stands at 5'10 and weighs around 150 lbs. His figure is lean yet finely cut. His hair is jet black and hangs messily about his shoulders when not held by his black and white bandanna. Eyes are tinted a visible gray. His attire consists of regular tennis shoes and baggy jeans, both black. A black tank covered by a white tee shirt covered his upper body.

Reason you were chosen as a member of the team: Dom was chosen to be a part of the organization for his quick thinking skills and technical knowledge. Along with the aptitude to learn quickly he was also physically fit enough to handle more "hands-on" situations. Dom was young when the first invasion occurred but his knowledge of what happened was very detailed, thus prized by the organization.

Other: Dom's intentions for joining the organization were hazy. Initially he simply wanted the power he had witnessed. The power to transform into the natural beasts that inhabited the world. But as his involvement grew, so did his suspicion and interest in the organization. His hatred toward the yeerks is still very strong but is kept under control.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:39 am

Welcome to the group.

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:17 pm

(I read some of the books and it's been a while... but I think I can still pull it off.)

Name: Corporal Shawn Hart (United States Marine Corps)
Race: Caucasian
Appearance: Short, neatly cut hair of a sandy brown color. His eyes are a vivid blue-green. His skin has been tanned a bit by the Iraqi sun. He wears a U.S. Marine Corps uniform, Corporal rank. At his right hip is a standard 9mm sidearm. He also carries a combat knife for good measure. His expression is always stern and disciplined, tyical of a well-trained soldier.
Reason for being Recruited: Corporal Hart was recruited for his military knowledge and training. In the Marines, Hart specialized in covert operations, a critical skill needed for this secret mission.

History: Shawn Hart was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. His father was a Chief Petty Officer for the United States Marine Corp and had been stationed Kuwait during the Persian Gulf conflcit. Although he had never seen much of his father in his childhood, Shawn admired him greatly, planning early on to enlist in the Marines like his father before him. He graduated High School when he was 18 and immediately enlisted and was shipped out to Basic Training the following summer. After Basic, Shawn was then stationed in Iraq during the infamous War in Iraq. The Yeerk invasion took place during this time, so Shawn did not see much of it. Most recently, he has agreed to a fake death from the U.S. Government (staged as a terrorist ambush in Baghdad) so that he could participate in the secret intersteller mission.

(Hope it's ok that I included the whole Persian Gulf and Iraq thing.)

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Yup, that stuff is fine. But just so you know, the missions are not interstellar (at least not to start with, dun dun dun).

Hopefully we get a couple more people, but we will start soon regardless. I can always think up ways to introduce people later anyway.

I hope to start this up by 6:00 pm. As a reference for those of you who may be in a different time zone, the time stamp on this post should be at about 8:42 pm where I am.

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 pm

The unmarked helicopter flew over the African savannah. No hint of civilization had been in sight for the last hour. You were on a training mission with no idea what the objective was, at least not yet. Soon after you arrived at an undisclosed location you were put onto the helicopter with the other people you were told you would be working with. Earlier in the week you were approached by a nameless organization that supposedly does not exist, and were offered a position. You accepted and were subsequently killed in an unsurvivable situation that conveniently did not leave a body either. You now no longer legally existed and were told to keep your true identity and involvement in the organization secret no matter the cost, which meant no public morphing because it would draw too much attention.

You were now sitting in the back of a helicopter behind the pilot and someone who called himself Admiral Void. Admiral Void was a tall, strongly built man wearing unmarked military camouflage, and had an air of authority about him. “Land there,” he said to the pilot, pointing to where some hyenas were running away from the wildebeest they had jus caught, due to the sound of the helicopter. “Looks like you might be in luck. It could still have some life left in it.” The helicopter landed and he led you out onto the tall savannah grasses and finally began to explain the mission. “Here is your objective for you training mission. We are short on time so we needed to accomplish multiple tasks at once. You are to reach a small village 30 mile to the north across the river within the next 24 hours. There is a contact waiting there. Along the way you are to use teamwork to acquire useful morphs for your next mission, which I am not allowed to give details on at the present time. One last thing.” He pulled a trunk out of the helicopter and pulled out three uniforms. They were similar to wetsuits, but were made to be camouflaged with the surroundings. “These are morph-capable uniforms. The also have a GPS tracker in them so we will know where you are when you are out of morph. We are working on developing more features as well, but they are not yet available. Good luck, and don’t die.” Then before any questions could be asked, he picked up the trunk, got into the helicopter, and flew away.

wildebeest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Wildebeest
hyena: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Hyena

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Dom wasted no time. The mission objective had been given and it was his top priority to succeed. Without much hesitation he began to strip himself of his original attire. He tossed each article into a pile before reaching down to grab one of the suits. "Not exactly stylish..." he groaned as he slipped into it one leg at a time. While doing all this Dom's eyes kept scanning the surrounding area for animals. The hyenas had dispersed but weren't too far off and then not too far away from him would be the barely breathing wildebeest that he might ending up settling for. After becoming completely outfitted in the suit he looked to the others who had been dropped off with him. Though teamwork was implied, if they weren't capable of completing this task then they were more or less useless than Dom had already labeled them.

"You guys should hurry up. Twenty-four hours isn't a lot of time to hike thirty miles on foot. If anything we should at least check this beast here and see if it's alive. If so, we all acquire it and make a break north unless..." he wasn't fond of taking a leading role but this mission was mandatory for his permanent installment in the organization. His mind began to race quickly as he began to analyze the situation they were in. " Even better, we could wait for some buzzards to come. If we want to risk waiting long enough for the hyenas to return to a feast. Not ruling out whatever else may be nearby." Dom was rambling his thoughts aloud to keep track of everything and to let everyone else know that he was very serious about this. Taking a few steps away from his discarded clothing he began to head towards the wildebeest. "Not my type of animal, personally." he sneered to himself. "I wonder how far north is the river... The animal planet did pay off though. Hyenas are found mainly if not exclusively in Africa so that has to be where we are." Dom started on again. "Lions, hyenas, cheetahs, crocodiles, giraffes, antelope, vultures..." He rubbed the back of his hand across his forehead. "And to make matters worse, it's hot as hell..."

Dom looked back to the others, awaiting their reactions to the situation. Apparently he was stuck with what looked like a kid and some type of military guy. Is he some type of chaperon or is he just as clueless as I am? I guess age isn't much of a problem. Dom thought to himself. Thinking, he was always thinking.

Traziel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Hart made no complaints comments while Admiral Void debriefed the team. Soon, Shawn was standing on the African Sevannah, watching the chopper fly away.

At this time, Dom made some comments about the suits not being very stylish, "I'd rather have a tacky suit than no clothes at all." was all he said as a response then hastily changed clothes. Typical, the Marine was the one who suited up the swiftest.

"Hmm.. a flying animal would make things easier on us..." he considered, responding to Dom's comment, "But we shouldn't waste time." then he knelt at the near dead wildebeast, and layed his hand on the animals hide. It wasn't very pleasant, as the animal had been clawed on and bitten by the hyenas. "I wish we could have aquired the hyenas... they're faster..." the wildebeast weas indeed still alive. Feeling the DNA being aquired into his own was a very strange sensation, "How long does this usually take?" he asked.

He wasn't comfortable with Dom seeming to give orders. After all, from what Hart understood, he was the only member of the team with a miltary background, making him the ranking officer and best candidate to lead this operation. At least, that's how it would work by the books. This mission wasn't exactly on the record.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 am

(Those were some awesome posts. I’m impressed. Keep up the good work!)

The hyenas could still be seen a short ways away in the distance, their heads and necks poking above the grass. They were still being a little skittish about returning to their meal, but when Shawn Hart approached the wildebeest they seemed to get a little more alert towards what was going on. They were obviously getting worried about their supper and started to edge a little closer.

Skittish Hyenas: http://www.afmaal.com/media/landscape-wildlife/spotted_hyena_dhurwaa.jpg

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:24 pm

I decided to add in this post because I felt it was worth mentioning to the entire group.

I was asked a question earlier about whether or not you should wait for the other people to post before having your own character continue. To this I replied with something along the lines of: make a judgement call. In my opinion it is not a bad thing to continue on with your own character as long as you do not go too far. Try not to leave the other characters behind or go too far ahead of the other characters in time when making an extra post. It is also usually a good idea to let at least one other person post before you add another one of your own (although there can be exceptions like this post). Basically just try to use good judgement in situations like this and hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.

And don't be afraid to PM me either. I like having something to do.
:shock:

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 pm

Dom knelt at the beast's head and placed the palm of his hand on its head between the horns. He took a deep breath as a weird tingling sensation similar to a shock, but more pleasing, pulsed through his fingertips and flowing throughout his body. He looked to Shawn with an expression of slight uncertainty. "I wasn't told how long we should concentrate but i figure you'll kn--" he paused mid-sentence as the sensation gave a sudden surge before ceasing entirely. It had been done. "You'll know..." he said under his breath. Dom slowly removed his hand and looked at it as if he were reading a manual. Though he knew about what was going on, this would still be his first time morphing into an animal.

Dom rose from his kneeling position and glanced off in the direction of the hyenas; his mind was thinking again. "Hyenas are scavengers, if I'm not mistaken. So if we change we may not be in immediate danger, but whether or not they or another beast killed this animal we'll have to keep our guard up. I wouldn't want to end up like this one." Dom thought aloud, trailing off near the end of his sentence as his gaze slowly returned back to the slowly dying wildebeest.

Traziel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:09 am

((I'm not quite sure on how to introduce my character to the story, to this may pose as a problem... :( ))

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 am

(OOC: If you haven't read the messages I have set you yet, we will be continuing on without Sarah Parks for the time being)

Dom and Shawn acquired the wildebeest none too soon. A moment later the wildebeest let out one last bellow as the air rushed out of its lungs, then it laid there, lifeless. This sound seemed to trigger something in the hyenas, because they then stared walking closer, although still cautiously. The sound also seemed to have attracted a few buzzards, who could be seen circling above, if someone were to look up.

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Shawn looked to the hyenas, "Someone wants their dinner back..." he said to Dom then looked upward before pointing to the buzzards, "And they brought guests." he said, cautiously standing up.

Suddenly he had an idea, and slowly picked up a rock, "What do you think the odds are that I could knock one of those vultures unconscious? If I can we aquire the DNA and boom, we can fly." he suggested, eying just how high the vultures were from the ground.

If they were a few feet lower, he could hit one no problem. But, would that alert the others? Or alert the hyenas?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Sarah stepped out of the chopper, just in time for it to fly away. She held held the 'morph' suit in curious hands.
What have I gotten myself into? She thought as she followed the others silently, nodding when she felt the time was right.

So there she stood, no words yet had come out of her mouth, watching as the hyena's slow venture towards the group.
"I don't know... It could work if we're careful." She finally said, answering Shawn's question. She was still nervous about the whole thing, not to mention extremely frightened of the army of scavengers heading their way. She knew how vicious animals could be when they were hungry, specially hyenas.

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloudbreaker on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:19 pm

As the scavengers drew closer, a single vulture got a little impatient and swooped down and landed near Sarah in order to get to the dead wildebeest. It completely ignored any other animal, as vultures often did. The other vultures, on the other hand, were not quite so trusting.

Vulture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-backed_Vulture

cloudbreaker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Dom looked away from the wildebeest as it uttered its last cry. Eyes drifted to the now returning hyenas who were also accompanied by overhanging shadows. "Dinner shall be served, but not after we have our way with it." Dom smirked, ignoring the level of weirdness that statement gave. His attention was quickly caught by the barreling vulture as it landed to get a head start before the hyenas. Bold, indeed, but stupid. Dom looked to Shawn. "Your odds just got upped. Still, this opportunity is too grand. Make it count." Dom looked out into the direction of their goal. "Even if you don't hit it we still have to cover some ground."

The sun was playing its part as it beat down heavily against the earth, baking the wildebeest corpse and tenderizing their group. "Without any immediate resources we'll have to throw caution to the wind and make every action count. The closest thing we have is the river, but we still have to make it there..." Dom's mind never stopped. He had already started to calculate possible animals they would run into and how they would affect the mission positively as well as negatively.

Traziel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Sarah stood there silently, letting the bird have it's fill. The sight almost made her sick to the stomache.
"Do I seriously have to aquire that? I mean, we could run into other birds on the way. Unless you guys want to of course." She backed down. So far she was the only one without morphs, and she would much rather go with out a vulture.

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!