Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Any one like Halo?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Any one like Halo?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:39 am

Wondering if anyone is interested in a Halo/ Spartan II RP. Although I would like it to be based before the first game, and in the period of the 'Fall of Reach' book. I can change though.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Any one like Halo?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:45 am

im intrsested what do u have in mind ?
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

general kane
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:00 am

Well I was thinking that the characters are Spartan IIs in the beginning of the UNSC/ Covenant war. When the other Spartans were still alive.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:28 am

will , any kind of specific plot ?

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:20 am

Not really, just a squad of Spartans completing missions against the covenant. And sometimes Rebels.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 am

I have maybe a suggestion. But, that would have to make it take place in the future.
My suggestion would be along the lines of:

The UNSC recently developed the Spartan IVs and are begining developement on the Spartan Vs. Spartan IVs are Spartans a little stronger than Spartan IIs, but they work in pairs like hunters. And then Spartan Vs are assigned a pair of Spartan IVs to work with. Spartan Vs are the result of the UNSC finally and very slowly starting to understand covenant technology. Meaning, the Spartan Vs are half UNSC technology, half covenant technology.
"Glorious and generous as I am, it's only befitting that I reign as a god. Surrender now or share your hometown's fate."
Ira Vehementi - Monomate

Growlithe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Thats an Idea. but what i really want is during the War, Before the first Halo game. The thing is, in the future there's not much of a threat to humanity and the Elites.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 pm

I would play this. I've got an idea for a Spartan called Cal-134

He would basically be a scout/shock troop. He would have general battle skills like any spartan but be more focused in advanced recon in harsh conditions and shock attack tactics. He would also be an infiltration agent, meaning he would be deposited (or make his own way) deep behind Covenant lines and disrupt their organisation, and relay tactical information to the UNSC.

Because of these long range missions and his seeming disattachment from the UNSC's normal Spartan missions he would be nicknamed 'The Wanderer'. This character would come with an NPC Spartan, playable by me or the game master (or another player if they fancy it) who is basically a demolitions/heavy weapons expert and has gained some knowledge of Covenant technology (enough to disable equipment or relay information on it to the UNSC) This NPC would be a scout/shock troop too but his main purpose is infiltrate Covenant strongholds with Cal-134 and destroy important strategic elements and relay technological information to the UNSC.

His name would be Mar-580. He is usually known as 'The Promethean' because of his re-appropriation of Covenant technology and his heavy weapons (Promethean stole fire from the gods in Greek myth)
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey guys, I just realized that there are things you can't run over with the beloved warthog. I learned it the hardway...I should've used the turret on the car instead...

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:52 am

What did you try to run over?

Growlithe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Correct, Dweebs. You cannot squash a Scarab Mech' underneath a car.

Anyway, I'd be interested.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:15 pm

I landed really heavily on one once? But my cat blew up and I went rag-dolling into the air . . .

Cat? Car perhaps . . .

GOD DAMN, MY POOR FUCKIN CAT!

Wakboth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Lol, of course the scarab can't be ran over. Anyways, I tried to run a Ghost over...and then a Covenant tank....yeah, I was blown up.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Death jr. on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Oh yeah I'd play this. I'd be the spartan thats the comedic relief. He'd almost always mess up in a funny way. Like going head first into a onslaught, then running back all like "WTF!" or like throwing a plasma grenade and it getting stuck to his hand. XD
"...Lift every voice and scream, until we destroy everything. Disgusted with harmony, Fuck liberty..."
Prepare for the revolution. Prepare for war. Prepare for Anarchy

Death jr.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:17 pm

haha, that would be funny, Oh, and imagine this: In a multiplayer game, you see a master chief running with two plasma grenades strapped to either side of his butt, and saying: "What's that blue light I'm keep seeing on the side of my screen?!?!?!?!"

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Growlithe on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:08 am

Lmao like in red vs. blue when donut gets the plasma grenade on his face and he's like "What is it? Is it a bug? Get the bug off!!!"

Growlithe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Death jr. on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:46 pm

XD, that was sooo epic XD

Death jr.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm

lol, did the "bug" explode? or did he get it off in time?

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:19 pm

The screen goes off to the end credits, then you hear the explosion XD

Wakboth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:51 am

wow....

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!