Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Artemis and Apollo: The Rise of Typhon (OOC and Char Sheets)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.
Immediately after her own birth, the newborn Artemis precociously helped her mother through nine days of labor and delivery until her brother Apollo emerged. Artemis and Apollo cherished their mother, who had gone through such an ordeal to bring them into the world. Artemis and Apollo also defended their mother's honor when Niobe, the daughter of Tantalus, boasted of having more and better children than Leto. The two killed most of Niobe's children, leaving Niobe to weep eternally. Artemis and Apollo remained close to each other forever. Both siblings would become associated with the skill of archery, and they enjoyed hunting together. In addition, both had the power to send plagues upon mortals.

Artemis was one of the most widely venerated of the Ancient Greek deities and one of the oldest. In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of forests and hills, child birth, virginity, fertility, the hunt, and often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth.

Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto, and has a twin sister, the chaste huntress Artemis. As the patron of Delphi, Apollo was an oracular god the prophetic deity of the Delphic Oracle. Medicine and healing were associated with Apollo, whether through the god himself or mediated through his son Asclepius. Apollo was also seen as a god who could bring ill-health and deadly plague as well as one who had the ability to cure.

Typhon is the final son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus. Typhon is the most deadly monster of Greek mythology. Typhon attempts to destroy Zeus at the will of Gaia, because Zeus had imprisoned the Titans. Typhon was described as one of the largest and most fearsome of all creatures. His human upper half reached as high as the stars. His hands reached east and west and had a hundred dragon heads on each. His bottom half was gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes. He was defeated by Zeus, who trapped Typhon underneath Mount Etna.

Char Sheet:
Name:
Race(God/Goddess/Titan or Human):
Description(Pics are acceptable.):
History:
Other(Pets, ect.):
Occupation(Huntress or Chariot Keeper, or a human occupation.):

Gods
Aphrodite: iCat
Apollō: Saken
Arēs:
Artemis: Flame_Lily
Athēna: Saken
Dēmētra:
Dionysus:
Hēphaistos: Reaper
Hēra:
Hērmēs: Riverstyx
Poseidon:
Zeus:
God's Smith: Reaper

Titans
Themis
Atlas
Oceanus
Tethys
Hyperion
Theia
Coeus
Phoebe
Rhea
Crius
Iapetus
Prometheus
Helios
Kronos: Black-Pentagram

Rules:

No trolling
Trolling is the act of intentionally posting poorly on sensitive topic with the intent to incite a reaction in another person. This is not tolerated.

Do not camp a thread
Camping is the act is constantly watching a thread and posting the very second afterwards. This tends to suffocate other members and will be monitored.

You can tell you are camping if your posts appear throughout the thread alternating between other users' posts.

No Flaming
Simply avoid fighting or escalating arguments to the point of degrading the person. Be mindful of your language, and if you really want to discuss some issue, take it to PM

No Chatting
Avoid useless conversation irrelevant to the thread, or even to the community. Forums were meant to be venues for discussion and interaction, ideally with more than just one or two persons. Take more personal conversations with people through PM or other means (i.e. meebo, gabbly). If you wish to announce something in the thread, you can use the OCC method.

2. No God-Moding
This is crucial when playing forum RPs. Though it's nice to have a powerful character, it isn't fun when someone acts as if he can never die, or does unbelievably incredible damage to a foe. To put it short, don't act like your a God - it just isn't fun for other players. Understand that your character should have the weaknesses of a mortal too. Roleplaying is the imitation of life, and much like in the real world, you will be prone to getting attacked, or in some cases, getting killed as the plot requires. Remember, it's just a game... You can always make another character.

3. No Character Controlling
Roleplaying is cooperative story-telling. Respect the fact that you're not the only person playing in the RolePlay. Other people have characters that have specific attitudes that only the player knows, so by no means should you assume that you know enough to know how the other character will respond. Under no circumstance is one player to control another player's character without permission. Period. This kind of action violates the property of another user's character, and is grounds for warnings and eventual disqualification from the game. You may, however, control Non-Playable Characters (NPC's) - these are characters created by the game master, or other players, for the simple purpose of moving the story forward, or adding background. Consult the creator of the NPC if you wish to control them, so as not to make it seem unnatural.

4. No Cybering
A&A is a PG13 thread. No posts of sexual content, or to make things simple, no sexual intercourse between characters and NPCs, or characters getting pregnant.

5. Give fair warning
If you're going to be gone for a while, make it a point to inform everyone, or at the very least the game master, of your absence. This is so that no one has to wait up for you, especially if an action has to be performed by your character in order for the plot to move on.

For the GameMaster: If your roleplay encounters a situation where a player has become absent for a crippling amount of time, you are advised to contact a Moderator with the purpose of aquiring control-rights to the absentee's character. This action only gives you the right to control the character, and does not grant copy-right.

6. Do not copy.
Do not copy and steal other players story or character(s). The copyright of the story and character belongs exclusively it's original creator.
Last edited by AngelusMarksume on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AngelusMarksume
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Could I make a reserved spot for Artemis? I'll have the char sheet up as soon as I can. And alos could I reserve a spot for the goddess of time?
Last edited by Flame_Lily on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is too short. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can. Apologize when you shoud. And let go of what you can't change. Love deeply and forgive quickly. Take chances, give everything, and have no regrets. Life is too short to be unhappy.Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flame_Lily
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Name: Gaea
Race(God/Goddess/Titan or Human): Goddess
Complexion(Skin Color): Dark brown
Description(Pics are acceptable.): Wears a tunic at home, but out of the house, she wears a spiked leather jacket and jeans over a white T-shirt with sunglasses. Earth is a tough momma.
History: After spontaneously forming out of Chaos, the genderless god of Nothing that was all there was before her, spontaneously giving birth to a son and having children with said son, she faded a bit into the background, becoming less prominent. Taking up various occupations as she saw her children and grandchildren take thier turn at rule, she now spends her days doing gardening, rearranging landscapes, and going green, when she's not managing the convection currents of the upper mantle.
Other(Pets, ect.): Children, everyone technically.
Occupation(Huntress or Chariot Keeper, or a human occupation.): Landscape Artist
(((̴̵̹И̜̏̀͂̅ɐ̴̵͍͍͍̹᷈n̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈o͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̹᷄᷇᷈h҉я͈̼Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐ɐ̶̜̺̗̑҉k)))
(((k҉ɐ̶̜̺̗̑Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐я͈̼h҉͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̴̵̴̵̹̹̹᷄᷇᷈᷈o̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈n͂̅ɐ̴̵̴̵͍͍͍̹̹᷈И̴̵̹)))

このプログラムは、心を持っている。
I can smile.
I am human.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Artemis and Apollo: The Rise of Typhon (OOC and Char Sheets)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Saving myself a place as Athena, Goddess of wisdom and war.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm

The stupidest profile you have ever seen:

Name: Kronos
Race: Titan
Age: I'm totally (almost) primordial, the offspring of Ouranos and father of most of those Chthonic incestuous deities!
Complexion: I'M THE OLDEST CAUCASIAN STILL ALIVE.
Description: This is my Myspace profile. I kind of look like a really old perverted man tearing off a big chunk of a baby's chest, but that's just... uh... CGI. Yep. I certainly didn't eat all of my godly offspring till Zeus (damn him) made me regurgitate them. Also, able to shapeshift into various entities, albeit not an inanimate object. Man, being an ancient Titan has some nice perks.

History: Born to the divine pair of primeval Ouranos and his mistress Gaia, from chaotic sibilance there came forth the Titans. Cronus, the youngest of the first generation, quickly became widely accepted as the leader of his brethren. After his father garnered some hatred from Gaia because of the imprisoning of the three original one-eyed giants: the Hecatonchires. He cast them into Tartarus where they were hidden from the light; Gaia crafted a great scythe, the adamant sickle, and gathered her offspring to orchestrate the downfall of Ouranos and bring about the Golden Age of mythology. Kronos himself committed the awful deed, castrating his father with the weapon. From Ouranos bodily fluids (the variety of which is disputed) there came the Gigantes, Erinyes, and Meliae... From the genitalia that were discarded and thrown into the ocean, Aphrodite would later be born. Learning from his parents a prophecy that his own son would be his downfall, much like Ouranos', Kronos consumed those he sired by Rhea upon their birth.

Rhea fled to Crete to give birth to her final child, Zeus, the prodigal one who eventually delivered to his cannibalistic father the Omphalos Stone, disguised as an infant. Deceived into believing it was also one of Rhea's brood, Kronos consumed it and was later forced by Zeus to regurgitate all he had eaten. After this, Zeus released the Gigantes, Erinyes, Meliae and Hecatonchires to wage a grand war, the Titanomachy. Gaia bore Typhon to carry out her vendetta against the King of Gods, Zeus, and his litter... but it was not so. Kronos was imprisoned in Tartarus, doomed to wander the vastest pit of Hell forevermore.

Until, of course, now.

Other: A big eel named Leviathan that grew a little bit too large for his bowl, his lovely pet ox Behemoth, and his heavenly parrot, Ziz (lol Christianity reference).
Occupation: Being a loving uncle, father, grandfather and all that incestuous biz of the majority of the Greek deities isn't worthy of being a stay-at-home dad? God (no religious pun intended!), what does a man gotta do around here to retire?

EDIT: Just so Flame Lily knows, there is no "Goddess of Time." Just Chronos, who is considered masculine.
Last edited by Odium on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Name: Hermes
Race: God
Description:
History:
Other:
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Name: Zoe Nightstar
Race:Demi-God (Daughter of a god and mortal. You'll know if you've read the Percy Jackson series)
Complexion:Slighly tanned
Description: Image
History: Zoe became a Hunter at the age of 11, and so she will look like that for eternity. She is a daughter of Athena, and her father is a surgeon. She had always loved the Greeks and their Gods, and when she discovered she was a half-blood, she was thrilled. She now hunts with the Lady Artemis.
Other: A white pegasus hunts at her side, constantly. She is immortal, like Zoe. The pegasus can transform into any four legged animal.

Is that OK?
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Accepted.(BTW: Love the Percy Jackson series)

AngelusMarksume
Member for 15 years

Name: Arina
Race: Goddess
Complexion: Not quite tan, but not really pale either. Her skin has a sort of glow to it, like she was lit from the inside.
Description: 5'6" with long black hair that falls to her hips and piercing grey eyes. She also has wings that can change to black or white depending on her mood.
History: Born flying over the city of Paris, she decided to learn many languages. So she traveled the world and completed her goal in about two centuries.
Occupation: Whatever she wants, whenever she wants, but she's a Hunter.
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

artemis-and-apollo-the-rise-typhon-t25326.html

Edit:
Name: Poseidon
Race: God of the Sea
Complexion: Tan
Description: He has rich tan skin that is glowing. He wears a red hawaiian shirt, with floral decorations. he wears cargo shorts and open toe sandals. He has short brown hair and wears sunglasses. He spends most of his time on his Throne in Olympus
History: The Greeks thought of Poseidon as a god of violent, unpredictable movement. He is most often the god of the ocean, which is of course the biggest, most unpredictable, and most dangerous thing around. Many Greeks spent a lot of time sailing on the ocean, and they paid a lot of attention to Poseidon. But Poseidon is also the god of earthquakes, and earthquakes are also very common in Greece. He stamps his foot, or he hits the earth with his trident (like a pitchfork) to make an earthquake.
Other(Pets, ect.): A pet Seagull named Unda

AngelusMarksume
Member for 15 years

I'll join as Aphrodite as well.

Name: Aphrodite
Race:Goddess of love.
Age:Same age as the rest of the Gods. (Which is way-way older than your grandma.)
Complexion:Whatever your favourite is, she appears to you like that.
Description: Think of the prettiest person you know. She's a hundred more times prettier than that.
History:Pretty much the same as the other Gods, except crossing her could have even worse results, seeing as she's the Goddess of love. She pretty much caused the Trojan War.
Other: She has any pet you think would make her prettier. Peacocks, Lovebirds, you name it.
Occupation:Goddess Of Love, and Member of the Olympian Council.

EDIT
Adding another character?

Name:Lucy Braveheart
Race:Half Blood (Daughter of Athena)
Complexion:Slightly tanned
Description: Blonde hair in pig-tails. Blue eyes, pale lips.
History: Lucy joined the Hunters at the age of seven. She was a little too young for the leaders liking, but Artemis accepted her. Zoe is now training her.
Other: A cheetah cub is constantly at her side. Like Lucy herself, the cub is immortal.
Last edited by partially-stars on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

I'm going to be away for a couple of days, so do whatever to compensate. Kthnxbai.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Name: Athena.
Race:Goddess.
Age: Timeless. She was born of Zeus- sprang from his head fully grown in armor.
Complexion(Skin Color): Tanned.
Description:
She appears attended by an owl, often accompanied by the goddess of victory, Nike, whom in established icons she offers upon her extended hand. Athena wears a breastplate of goatskin with serpent fringes called the Aegis, which later myths say her father, Zeus, gave to her,[3] although in other older cultural contexts she already carries this association. Visually, she often appears helmeted and with a shield bearing the Gorgon head, the hallmark of the early goddess cult in Greece and positioned highest in the apex of the front facade of the Parthenon. Later sources say Perseus gave her the shield as a votive gift. A serpent often accompanies this goddess at the base of the staff of her lance. The sea, ships, horses, and chariots associate with her, but with less frequency. The image to the left shows a winged lioness on her helmet, an image associated with warrior deities in many early cultures, including Egypt.

History:
Zeus swallowed Metis to prevent her from having offspring, but she already was pregnant with Athena. Metis gave birth to Athena and nurtured her inside Zeus until Athena burst forth from his forehead fully armed with weapons given by her mother.

Late Classical Greek myths most commonly describe Athena as the "daughter" of Zeus, born from his head after he swallowed her pregnant mother. She famously wields the thunderbolt and the Aegis, which she and Zeus share exclusively.

Other: Owl, A serpent, a tomb or scroll.
Goddess of strategic warfare, wisdom, and heroic endeavor. Patron goddess of Athens.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Can I reserve a spot as a smith.
Thanks I'll get a character sheet up when I get a moment of peace.

Reaper0Sorrows
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

You already had Cronos? Curses! Why wasn't I paying attention?

Name: Coeus
In Greek mythology, Coeus (Ancient Greek: Κόιος, Koios) was one of the Titans, the giant sons and daughters of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaia (Earth); his equivalent in Latin poetry—though he scarcely makes an appearance in Roman mythology—[1] was Polus,[2] the embodiment of the celestial axis around which the heavens revolve. Like most of the Titans he played no active part in Greek religion—he appears only in lists of Titans—[3] but was primarily important for his descendants.[4] With his sister, "shining" Phoebe, Coeus fathered Leto[5] and Asteria.[6] Leto copulated with Zeus (the son of fellow Titans Cronus and Rhea) and bore Artemis and Apollo. Coeus was the Titan of Wisdom in myth, and therefore the most intelligent of all his brethren.

Along with the other Titans, Coeus was overthrown by Zeus and other Olympians. After the Titan War, he and all his brothers were banished into Tartarus by Zeus
Last edited by QuickDeath on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuickDeath
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Why'd you bother copying over some Wikipedia stuff on my character?

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Note. I'm also Apollo, and a Gm. Be warned, i don't do mercy. =I

Saken
Member for 16 years

Join as a minor god as well as Hera and my ordinary characters? If that's too much, I'll join just as Hera.

[center]Name:Nyx

Race(God/Goddess/Titan or Human):Minor Goddess

Complexion(Skin Color): Tanned

Description(Pics are acceptable.):Black hair and eyes, though her eyes always have a shine in them, like a star. She wears a black sleeveless dress, reaching the floor. Everything about her is dark, but with pinpricks of light, as goddess of the night.

History: A minor goddess, she was never happy with her role on Olympus. She sometimes considered joining the Titans. She was often tempted by Kronos in her dreams. When Kronos started to reform, the other Gods and Goddesses persuaded her to stay with the Olympians. She began to forget about joining the Titans, and she started to work on her job. She made the night better.

Other: A raven is constantly on her shoulder, and a black panther is constantly at her side.

Name:Hera

Race(God/Goddess/Titan or Human):Goddess

Complexion(Skin Color): Pale

Description(Pics are acceptable.): Sandy coloured hair, blue eyes, white dress in Olympian Form, white knee-length dress in Mortal Form.

History: The wife of Zeus, she threw Hephatus of Mount Olympus, although she often says Zeus done it. She is the leader of the goddesses. She has no demi-god children as she is the goddess of Marriage. She was one of Paris' choices for the "fairest".

Other(Pets, ect.): A peacock keeps her company.

Occupation(Huntress or Chariot Keeper, or a human occupation.): Goddess of Childbirth and Marriage.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Nyx can be used, you will have to drop another char though. The maximum number of chars allowed will be 2 from now on.

AngelusMarksume
Member for 15 years

Name:
Race(God/Goddess/Titan or Human): God of Fire and metal working
Complexion(Skin Color): sun gold
Description(Pics are acceptable.):Image
History:
Hephaestus is the god of the smiths. He discovered the ways of working iron, copper, gold, silver, and everything else which requires fire for working.
Birth.

Hephaestus is called son of Zeus and Hera. However, some say that Hera, being angry at Zeus because he had fathered Athena without her participation, gave birth to Hephaestus alone. If this is so then it was Prometheus 1, as some say, and not Hephaestus, as others affirm, the one who smote the head of Zeus with an axe in order to let Athena be born from the head of the god.

Other(Pets, ect.):
Occupation(Huntress or Chariot Keeper, or a human occupation.): smith for the gods

Reaper0Sorrows
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!