Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Song of Ice and Fire

Ask A Character Board (ASOIAF RP)

a part of “A Song of Ice and Fire”, a fictional universe by Jacopo.

[ALWAYS ACCEPTING] In a medieval world of adventure and treachery, your loyalty is to your House...and no one else. In a game to win the Iron Throne, to what measures will the families of the Seven Kingdoms stoop? (Based off the series)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Song of Ice and Fire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ask A Character Board (ASOIAF RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Jamie: My we are quite the bold one aren't we my northern beauty, still the idea has it's attractions I'll admit. But I don't know if I wish to father a bastard, such things are shameful to us Andals.

The air is clear and fresh, with a warm caressing touch to it. In the breeze hangs scent of wildflowers and dew. The trees around you tower, ancient sentinels of days long past. The moss is cool and light to the touch. This place is without a doubt what paradise must be like, but a less welcome sight fills your eyes. It is Jamie, who for some reason or another is trying his best to wrestle his bow free from the grasp of a direwolf. Both of them bear the wounds of long battle, Jamie in particular yells at you to grab his dirk from where it is sheathed on his left boot...who do you help...Jamie or the direwolf.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Lionel: The direwolf, of course! "Oh, you want your dirk, Jamie? Here, I'll get it...hey, it's kind of pretty, I think I'll keep it...huh, that wolf's giving you quite a hard time, huh? Well, I'll leave you to it, panthers were always meant to wrestle with wolves, and cats don't like getting involved..." *walks away whistling happily while listening to the snarls and grunts in the distance* "Goodness, I hope that wolf kills him."

You walk upstairs to your chambers after a long, tiring day, looking forward to flopping down into your soft bed...only to find that it's been completely sacked. The sheets have been burnt, your belongings filched. What explanation for this destruction first jumps to your head?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erev Lace on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Henry: Hm. If it was an assassin, he is quite stupid. A 'joke', then. Guard! Yes, you, who else? The wall that would have done a finer job in guarding my room? Fetch Prince Lionel.

Jane: ...*sigh* I leave the nine of you alone for half the span of a day and I find this?

You may have all the magical power you desire in the world ... at a price. You must sacrifice one of your flesh and blood to do so. What will you do?

Erev Lace
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Lionel: *sigh* What a difficult question...I must sacrifice one of my flesh and blood? Well, who shall it be? Adelaide or Raban? Decisions decisions...ehh, we'll go with Raban, he's not half as fun to talk to and Adelaide's not in line for the throne, so she's less of a threat. Raban it is!

Following in line with the previous question-
You're in the middle of a battle. The stakes are high, the battle is bloody, and you're going to die if you don't get some help. Out of nowhere, a magi offers you a potion that will grant you invulnerability...but at a terrible price. However, she does not tell you what that terrible price is. You...

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Leliana - Shit. Shit. I'm not good at decisions like this! I am horrible at making good decisions! Damn it! Uhh, uhhm...no. No, that's okay. I'd rather not. Shit, should I have? No, no. I'm not going to. There.

Morgana - Why, pray tell, am I in a battle and not behind castle walls? Go offer that potion of yours to my husband, witch.

---

It's been two weeks and you have not seen your loved one around anywhere. Later that day you hear rumors of him/her being held and tortured in the palace dungeons for making a huge transgression against the Crown. You...?

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Lionel- Transgression against the Crown? I am the Crown. What the hell does Father think he's doing? Goddamnit, where's the gaoler? GAOLER! What was that? I'm not allowed to go into the dungeons? Oh, you're under orders from my Father, aren't you? I'll show you whose orders you should be under...*goes in mad killing rampage* LELIANA? YOU THERE? ALRIGHT, HANG IN THERE FOR A SEC WHILE I SKEWER THESE IDIOTS.

You're riding through the streets of King's Landing when a woman and her children come up to you. The woman's eyes are young, but her face is lined with age and worry, while her children are nothing more than sticks. She begs you to stop, claiming that you were responsible for her husband, a hedge knight's death. All she wants is some financial aid and for the Black Cloaks to stop kicking her children around. You...

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Jamie: If I am responsible for your husband's death then he served the Damians and deserved whatever he got. You should have tried harder to make him swear service to a more honorable house. You and your husband have made your bed, it is time to sleep in it. I bid you good day, now be gone before I remember you served House Damian in your own way.

The day is young, the sun only beginning it's sojourn into the lofty heavens. You stand upon the ramparts of your castle taking in the new dawn. When out of the blue Jamie hurls a cream pie at you, splattering over the sleeping clothes your wearing....your reaction?

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

*wakes up from dream, he sky is still dark from the window and Emaya is curled up next to him*
Teralo rubs his eyes. "ughh what a strange dream." *pats Emaya on the head and smiles, falling back asleep.

Teralo is looking for people to accompany him on an exploration trip to the castle of Harrenhall, you?

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yuri-chan1018 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Nasrin - Tell him I wish no part in it; I don't need to be around more nobles. They give me headaches.

If you could go back and change one thing you did in the past, what would it be?

yuri-chan1018
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Jamie: That's an easy one, not being there when the assassin killed my mother. I would have killed that monster with my own bare hands even if I was only a child back then.

The hunting this afternoon has been particularly good, your arrows brought down a fine stag and you are looking forward to tonight's meal. Jamie well impressed by your kill mocks the fact your stance was that of peasant child new to the bow,

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Leliana - /scoffs/ I'd like to see you do better! Not that you could, mind you. You couldn't out-shoot me even if I was blind in one eye and used my teeth to notch the arrow. /self-satisfied smile/

Morgana - You must have mistaken me for someone who handles weaponry. Perhaps you should get your eyesight checked as never would I lay my hands upon a bow, or anything so unwomanly.

---

Morgana comes up to you and embraces you tightly, proceeding to kiss your cheek and telling you that she is very proud of your accomplishments. You...?

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Kervall - Stare, dumbfounded and shocked into silence. Then, shake myself and ask the lady if she's feeling alright, but thank her earnestly for her kind words. Maybe I had misjudged her.

You are arriving into your personal chambers one night, at last, after a long and tiring day. Suddenly, something snaps you to full attention. Did you just hear a noise from the room? There are no lights lit within, though a candle rests on the table on the other side of the room. A window to your left is open, curtains billowing in the breeze. Your guards are back outside the antechamber, outside of current speaking distance, but within shouting. There is, however, a scullery maid tidying up behind you who could hear you if you spoke quietly. Your actions?

aesir
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Jamie: hmm...Let me think...It's just probably Nuala doing her thing, she watches me sleep you know. Better warn the maid though,that wildling is enough to unnerve me at times.

The day is gorgeous, not to hot and not too cold. The breeze feels good on you skin after your morning exercises. You are trying to decide if you would prefer swimming or an early lunch when Jamie come riding by on the biggest war horse you've ever seen. In his hands is a oddly shaped and elongated club that touches the ground. You can plainly see he is knocking a small ball around and to your surprise many other men riding horses come thundering by, the same clubs held in their hands. Jamie manages to hit the ball squarely but poorly, clipping the edge of it slightly with his return stroke. The ball is then coming at you astonishingly fast, but thankfully it misses by quite a wide margin. Jamie just grins at you before riding off after the ball, your reaction?

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Picturesque on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Kenneth: I would frown at first but the energy of the game would make me grin in concentration as I tried to figure out the rules by watching.

Julia: I would squeal and run back towards my rooms. Honestly, I hate the outdoors, though. Only the big, sweating bodies of the men would have enticed me out in the first place. Well, maybe I would have gone out to show the boys what they were missing. That must be why Ser(?) Jamie missed the shot in the first place. Having me on your mind can be very distracting, I'm sure.
====

Julia is partaking in her favorite pastime, sitting on her fat ass eating chocolates and tormenting her maids. You walk by the open door to her rooms and she beckons you in with the high probability that she'll want to talk about herself. How do you respond?

Picturesque
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Leliana - .../notches bow/.../fires arrow.../takes out skinning knife/... :| ... /guts/

Ammon - How fat is she? Actually, don't answer that. I would much rather bend those maids over and hammer them like bent nails than touch a woman whose face is smeared in chocolate. /unlaces britches and grabs nearest maid/

---

You are in a dark alleyway and realized that someone is behind you. It is Leliana Greyhardt. Which of her two personalities would you rather interact with while standing in aforementioned dark alleyway, and why?

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Picturesque on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Kenneth: A woman who has two personalities? It's confusing enough dealing with one. -.-;

Julia: Oh, let's bring both of them along! I was on my way to the dressmaker's shop, and you know, two opinions are better than one! :D

====

Kenneth has decided that he needs to blow off some steam, so he goes to the forge and starts hammering away with his shirt off. You decide that you'd like to strike up a conversation with him, but he looks very unapproachable. You come up with the idea that you'll ask him to make something for you in the hopes that it will break the ice. What do you ask him to make and why?

Picturesque
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:31 pm

"good sir, I was wondering if you could perhaps smith a few small shovels. Emaya and I are going to plant a small garden and we are in need of tools.

Teralo is in charge of your studies, he has just placed a large tome on your desk and asked you to read for him in the next two weeks. You?

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yuri-chan1018 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:11 am

Nasrin - I refuse. Are you illiterate? Because I most certainly am not...why are you in charge of my studies anyways?
Sirena - I'd rather cut him up into little pieces for the next two weeks.....
Isabel - Agree. I love reading and studying.

It's starting to get obvious that Sirena is trying to get you drunk. You...?

yuri-chan1018
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!