Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blood & Fire

Blood & Fire

a part of “Blood & Fire”, a fictional universe by SugarNspikeS.

Dragons, Vampires and Mages. Oh my!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blood & Fire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Blood & Fire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Blood & Fire"

There are two legends that transcend all cultures; vampires and dragons. The two are far more connected than most realize. In the past a group of mages seeking a way to protect humanity from being overthrown by vampires called upon the gods for an answer. The answer they got was the ability to turn into dragons.

Both faded into myth and legend until a solar flare hit the planet and wiped out all technology throwing humanity into a new dark age. This has caused the vampires to start hunting like feral animals. After 82 years of chaos, humanity is on the brink of extinction and a young man from the past seemingly appears out of nowhere and may hold the key to get rid of the vampires.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Blood & Fire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:29 pm

It has come to my attention that I have left out a few major details, namely the "Rules" for these vampires so here they are.
1. they require blood to survive
2. to kill them you must either behead them, burn them, starve them of blood, or utterly destroy their body in some way(ie crushed by a really big boulder, blow them up)
3. they are not affected by crosses, sunlight, silver, garlic etc. However they are responsible for the spread of these myths so it's possible that some of the humans may still believe them.
4. They are much stronger than an average human, can run fast, jump high, and have heightened senses, but no other "Super powers"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ragdoll on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:09 pm

1. What are the population numbers in different areas? Are they more prone to certain areas?
2. Also, can Vampires communicate with one another? Is there a social order among them?
Last edited by The Ragdoll on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ragdoll
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:15 pm

1. The vampires tend to hunt and live in pack or family units. Because they view themselves as being at the top of the evolutionary ladder, they tend to be drawn to the fancier things and will flock to old mansions and/or castles. The packs or families will generally be no bigger than 6 members per group. Usually they stay close enough too monitor their food supply, but far enough away that they won't try to send any vampire hunters.
2.If you mean telepathically, no, they only communicate by traditional means. As far as social order, much like humanity, every group is a little bit different. Some will have a mother or father type of figure, others may work more like a political structure, some may even work like a hierarchy. it all depends on the vampires in the group and how they're willing to work with one another.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Everyone can post anytime they want.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:09 pm

How Dark Ages is it after 82 years? Mechanical/Technology: Are we stripped down to simple machines like water/windmills or are the Seattle hydroelectric dams operable?

Also, vampires. How often do they need to feed, is feeding lethal for the human, and is vampirism communicable?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Nothing that uses electricity is usable. Simple mechanical things can still be used. Think along the lines of pilgrims coming to America, nothing more advanced than that.

Vampires require roughly a pint a month, to survive, but they always take more than they need. Feeding can be lethal if too much blood is drained. Vampirism is communicable only through blood to blood contact. Therefore a vampire has to make an effort to change a person.

Also to answer some future questions, there has never been a vampire/dragon mage hybrid, but that's not to say it isn't possible and Vampires don't age.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ragdoll on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:21 pm

1. Do vampires prey on animals as well? Are animals affected by vampirism?
2. Can pets/animals be transitioned into hunting animals? I think it'd be not only very useful in gathering supplies and food, but also for detecting where Vampires might appear. (Though, I'd imagine in the beginning, animals could be quite uncooperative at first-- and hard to train, so I'm thinking of an animal whisperer for my second character.)

The Ragdoll
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:25 pm

1.The vampires can feed on animals, but more is required to be as effective as human blood. The vampire virus cannot be transmitted to animals.
2. Yes animals can be trained to hunt, both for food and vampires. They would most likely start out as feral and be hard to train.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:55 am

Location, location, location!

I've been trying to figure out where the community/humans should be, and what to call it. Right now I like Kerry Park for location. It's on the highest hill, which has strategic advantages. It also keeps them on dry land since without electricity or maintenance, the dams/levies have failed, causing frequent flooding in the lowlands and around creeks. It also has a great view of the Space Needle and Uptown/Downtown. It used to be prime timberland before, so the soil is right for the forest to reclaim it. It used to have a ton of real mansions, but according to the internet, most of them are gone. There are small old homes in historic styles: Tudor, Queen Anne, Four Square, etc, which an army of children could demolition to create more space for the community and to improve line of sight for guarding against sneaky vampires. There are still West Coast McMansions hanging around the other side of the hill, overlooking the water, but their construction makes it doubtful they are more than pretty facades: they probably collapsed in Spike's timeline. How does that sound?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:35 am

You're well informed on Seattle. Sounds great.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Nah. I'm faking it with Google.

Should have a Jane post done tonight then.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Well, I'm from Washington and know Seattle pretty well, so you're getting accurate info.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:49 am

YAY! Getting accurate info from the internet is like winning the lottery: you hope it happens to you, but if you are relying on it to happen, it doesn't. Hence why Jane is from the Midwest. Laziness so I don't have to research as much.

Never mind on the Jane post. Long story. Short version is it was on my laptop and I don't have access to that right now. Curse Real Life for interfering with my carefully laid plans! New ETA for a post is Monday, whether that is from the laptop or a brand new Ben Law post.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:31 pm

c'mon people, I don't wanna be the only one posting.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:16 am

Working on it. I have a Ben post pending confirmation with Ragdoll and I had a Jane post prewritten days ago but it is no longer necessary to get Jayce noticed so I can scrap it until the scene moves to the colony.

Ragdoll and I have been discussing our characters and the colony in private messaging. A lot. Takes time to rewire our thoughts for zero tech and get in sync. I know it doesn't show over here, but we've been busy prepping for this.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:27 am

I noticed a pattern on the character page earlier: humans are in grayscale, the vampire is in color. If we did it on purpose, it should have been the opposite.

Ah, the joys of being detail-oriented. I'm going to go to sleep and alphabetize the fence-hopping sheep. It is 3am over here, and I've spent way too much time on this tonight. Toodles. On again tomorrow.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:50 am

Any chance you still need more characters for this?

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 am

@Milk, that's all coincidence lol
@Crichton, more characters are always welcome as long as they make sense to the story

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:40 am

I certainly hope you are happy with my girls, then. I'll try to get a post up after dinner.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!