Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bloody Tricks-Slashes and Gashes-OOC+SU

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Bloody Tricks-Slashes and Gashes-OOC+SU

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:12 pm

..-slaps self-

I forgot about this...D:
Hey, that's a post!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

POSTED! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:15 pm

*highfives* Yay! Okay, so I'm switching to thrid person because I kept messing up on first person. :P Also, Joker, just chill in the school for a second because Maria will be coming back to class... :D (Meaning, she'll stop by her locker.)

THIS WON'T DIE!

:D Thanks, guys!

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindStorm on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Michael Storm Wilt

Role: best friend of Jason Burnings

Appearance: Michael Is about 5'7 and 230lbs. He loves to smiles but doesn't much anymore He has kinda short black hair and brown eyes he always wears the same jacket every day no matter how hot it is outside. and most of the time he is wearing jeans and a black shirt

Personality: Michael is and very nice and cool guy. He loves to smile and see others smile. HE is the kinda guy that would give you the shirt off his back and be cool about it.

Bio: Editing

Phobias: the only fear he has is the fear of people that are mad and yelling

Likes: being around others that are smiling and having fun

Dislikes: not much

Goals: to find the one that killed his best friend and avenge him.

TheMindStorm
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Oh, sorry I should've put it up, but Michael is already taken. ^^; If you'd like, you are more than welcome to any of the other roles. :D

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindStorm on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Jackal Storm Silant

Role: Maria Ashlin Silant older brother

Appearance: Jackal Is about 5'7 and 230lbs. He has kinda short black hair and brown eyes he always wears the same jacket every day no matter how hot it is outside. and most of the time he is wearing jeans and a black shirt

Personality: Jackal is someone that really never smiles and always thinks about everything. He loves to hurt others that is why he plays foot ball. lots of people call him a vampire and it doesn't help that he sleeps in his closet.

Bio: Editing

Phobias: cops

Dislikes: cops and nosy people

Goals: kill some one and keep a vile of blood around his neck

(( lol made someone that u may go to bout the killings for help to cover it up ^_^))

TheMindStorm
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Haha, sure. Welcome. :D But, to anyone else wanting to join, we need more people on Michael's side. :P Jackal looks cool, though. :)

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:07 pm

-is not liking the RP-

At all. >.< Mostly because of Joker. I don't even read his posts half way. >.<

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 am

And what's the problem with my posts? I try and write them good. Could you develop your point? I'd like to know why you won't even read my posts, since I read yours and being told that you don't like the RP because of my posts and you won't even develop your point is just rude, in my opinion.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Mostly because of the over-used of aggression. Just all the swearing is not necessary. Yes, I admit I used some. But I rarely ever do in my posts.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Well, if you were convinced that someone killed your best friend, you'd be aggressive quite a lot too. I think my writing style is well-suited to the mood of my character and the RP in general, so, if you're easily shocked by a couple of swear words, that's too bad for you.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Trust me, I'm not shocked by it, it just reminds me of my past. Litria even PMed me saying she didn't like the RP the way it was going. Would you like me to quote?

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Yes, Joker, I agree in the fact that Michael should be an aggressive guy, but... I'm not too sure... Something about how the Roleplay is headed.... I'm not sure... Maybe if you took it down like... a few notches, then it'll be okay. I'm not one of those people who want to run how you do a character, but, I just feel that it would make it... I'm not sure, easier...

I really didn't want this to die, though, because I love the idea. I love the idea of a mental teenager running around killing people. [Yeah, don't ask... ^-^']

This isn't worth arguing over either. Please, if either of you are angry when you read this, I deny you any right to reply until you have calmed down.

We can compromise. Agreed?

Michael can be aggressive, just, eh, a little less. We can't afford to lose any more characters. :3

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 am

Well I don't like being limited RP-wise. Michael wouldn't have any place there if he wasn't that angry because of Jason's death, it simply wouldn't make sense. If your mental teenager can go around killing people, why wouldn't her nemesis be able to hate her enough to want to make her suffer?

If you want a toned-down Michael, I'm affraid you will have to find someone else to play him.

Kagerou: No offense, but your past is not my business. I play the character the way I think is appropriate. then again, if you see your past in a RP, maybe you shouldn't go for realistic RP, because some heavy subjects can be brought.

Now, as for me, if I have to play the character to someone else's liking, instead of playing him my way, I'm out. Overreation? Maybe. But being limited by others is something I don't like in RPing. Either bear with my agressive Michael, or have someone else play a toned-down version.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindStorm on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm

wow wat happened I don't get on for 2 days and a fight starts XD someone help me out here on knowin whats goin on

TheMindStorm
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 pm

There's been arguements over Michael. :P I'm not too sure what we're going to do on this. I'm about to close this Roleplay and make it open to only certain people. DX

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMindStorm on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I want to stay in it I love the Idea

TheMindStorm
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:54 pm

The thing is, my interpretation of Michel is a bit aggressive, having lost his best friend and all. And because there's some swear words, Kagerou doesn't like my posts and is ignoring them. I told Litria I wanted to continue, if I didn't have to change my RP style. I guess I'll just warn anyone who would continue: my posts will have swears. I'll try not to overuse them but I won't refrain from using them either. So, there ya go, anyone who don't like conflicts and swear words, don't complain, I warned you.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 am

I'm back!! And woah...nice argument guys... XD

I will post the char profile tomorrow once I've read through all the IC and done the final editing. Of course once I've read the IC I'll probably end up throwing my views into this...

But Litria's right- do not let this die, or there really will be an unbalanced teenager murdering people. :P
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

Ok, so now I've read through the IC and I personally don't think the swearing is too much. That first post did contain a larger amount than the second, but they weren't needless. I feel that it is appropriate for the character, and don't find it offensive. I'm generally fine with that kind of stuff anyway, provided that it serves a purpose, however I am not the GM, and at the end of the day it's Litria's decision. I think the compromise would be that you limit the amount in the posts, but do not rule it out completely.
Another thing to consider that when you write in the first person, you are directly reflecting that person's thoughts. I don't know about you, but when I see someone or something I hate I'm usually swearing in my head if not out loud. Therefore the swears are adding a touch of realism to this realistic roleplay.

Now here's the part where one of you blows my points out of the water with a strong counter-argument. Any volunteers? :P

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!