Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Brothers and Sisters Incorporated

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Re: Brothers and Sisters Incorporated

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Out of all the suggestions brought up to help progress unification, as an ending result, this is by far the best. With that said, I'm in need of a brother or sister who can, perhaps, pull me out of this semi-active, but leaning more towards inactive state, to something comparable to - fully active. Do it by any means necessary. Really. And to throw interesting twists, maybe randomly bring me into some foreign roleplay, via your post and later message me with: "LOL HEY LOSER, GUESS WHAT?! YOU'RE IN THIS RP<link> AS A <random creature/being>!"... >_> I'll just stop there. <_<;

I'll also return the favor for being someones brother. I may be inactive to rolelplay, but that doesn't mean I don't frequent, refrain from posting or don't know how to shower a page with words. Either way, this should prove to be interesting. ^ - ^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

...can someone be my brother/sister? :)
Do me a favor: donovan-academy-ooc-signups-t31486.html

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Destiny, what kind of help are you in need of my dear?
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, I'm just wanting to work on making my posts longer and more literate... I've got pretty good grammar and spelling, I just want to work on literacy and length.

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sophiex on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:41 pm

I need a lot of help with my grammar and vocabulary, because English is not my native language. If I could get some help from anyone who's free, I would appreciate it =D!

Sophiex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Destiny, I'd be happy to pick you up, I'm working with SexyBabe16 on the exact same thing! :) Here's a link to the thread we'll be working together in, the first assignment is up as well, so feel free to get started :)
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/big-brothers-and-sisters-worthlessencounters-t32091.html

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 pm

destinyendearing wrote:Well, I'm just wanting to work on making my posts longer and more literate... I've got pretty good grammar and spelling, I just want to work on literacy and length.

While longer posts are fine, most people who try to do this end up failing because, simply put, they try too hard. Giving detail is important, yes, but only the essentials are needed. There are even cases where some split paragraphs just to make the post 'a line longer', which actually just makes the entirety of that post choppy. An understanding of "what is needed" and "what is not" is what the majority of people cannot grasp. However, if wanted still, then I'll be your "brother".

Sophiex wrote:I need a lot of help with my grammar and vocabulary, because English is not my native language. If I could get some help from anyone who's free, I would appreciate it =D!

I'll extend my services anyway needed. ^_-

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah, I understand what you mean, Matt. I say quality over quantity, but a lot of the roleplays I'm interested in require upwards of 200+ words. =/

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Obnoxious.Factor on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm so excited about this!
Do not fear your fate.

Obnoxious.Factor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 pm

My thanks is due Matthias. I am Brother Roach, welcome to the BASI corporation.
Anti-HAL sprays his excess motor oil all over the bathroom.

Anti-HAL says: Someone really ought to have potty trained me.

CelticCat approves.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Haha. BASI - sounds hot. >_>

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh, and Matt, I'd love to be your "little sister", if you'll have me!^^

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Link M Smith on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi I'm new To this site but An Old Rping master. I've gone by with the many years but it seems like I'm starting to see other people tell me about my bad typing. So is they any sisters out there tat can help? i ask for a Sister so i can better under the female Rp'ers. thanks Dark Link M Smith. Is the name and I have 13 post up and in use go look.
You Can Only Hold On To life for so long. Soon you will have to let go and smiled as they go off in to the sun light. Life can be hard after the death of a love one but i time you can over come it.

Dark Link M Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:47 am

destinyendearing wrote:Oh, and Matt, I'd love to be your "little sister", if you'll have me!^^

I'd be honored to have you as a "little sister"! ^-^

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 am

I suppose I could also be a Brother. You may not know me, and I will not boast, as I find it rather...boastful, but I believe I am a pretty decent writer. I love to teach as well. =)

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:20 am

Mikailo should boast, if just for spite, if their roleplaying is anything like this. It's good to see you back. ^_^

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:27 am

Great, Matt! ^_^

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 am

Oh, sweet! I'm on the list. =D

Who shall be my first vict-...pupil? >=D Muwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Dark Link: I'd be very happy to assist you :)

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Link M Smith on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 pm

can some one fell me in? i was sick and got lost in this world i know so well.

Dark Link M Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!