Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Brothers and Sisters Incorporated

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Brothers and Sisters Incorporated

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 pm

This is the Brothers and Sisters movement, created to reverse the improper use of Grammar and punctuation and Funded by Eric/Rem Martindale and the Gateway Cooking Guild/Eldor Lightblade/Roach.

Feel like you aren't up with the rest of the people in a certain roleplay? Want to gain the edge on your friends? Or simply wish to improve your writing skill? You've come to the Right Place. Here at Brothers and Sisters Incorporated, we will pair you with a member that we've known to be productive and successful and see to it that you gain the experience needed to become successful as well.

Policy: Honesty and Respect are Numero Uno. Without these, a relationship between you and your Brother or Sister will be a disaster. So stay honest, and stay respectful, and we will do our best to help you.

Brother and Sister Pairs will be posted here:

Brother Roach:/: Star_Kid; Gabriel_Whist
Sister Worth:/: SexyBabe16; Dark Link M Smith
Sister Factor:/: Taefaros
Brother River:/: aethera
Sister Ylanne:/:
Brother Matthias:/: destinyendearing
Brother Kædai:/:

Thanks,
Your Friendly, Everyday, Giant Cooking Hemiptroph- Eldor Lightblade/Roach.
Last edited by Ashwood on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Anti-HAL sprays his excess motor oil all over the bathroom.

Anti-HAL says: Someone really ought to have potty trained me.

CelticCat approves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Brothers and Sisters Incorporated

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Aye, I could be a Brother to someone if need be.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 pm

This looks like a mentoring thread instead of a topic for discussion that is the Main Lobby's forte.

*YOINK*

Off to the Role Play Academy with ya.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 pm

I had hoped to avoid this place. Its the Rival school of my own Beloved ESRP's. Yup, sure is.

Absolutely, River. Roach sees all, and is inclined to trust all, so Roach, though he is talking in third person narrative, is going to allow you to be a brother, because Roach trusts you. That and because you and Roach were in a roleplay together a long time ago. Sure were.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 pm

I could use another close friend around here, especially one that wants to be my blood brother!....Or sister, seeing as I'm a chick. Oh lawd. Anyway, this sounds pretty nifty.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Well, we can hook you up with any of the Brothers or Sisters on that list. Take your pick.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Awesome. I put all the names in a funny wee hat and came up with Factor. That all right, chief?

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:06 am

I'm trying to write a novel, and when I say that I'm trying to write a novel, I mean that I've been trying to write a novel since I was 13, but have never been able to stick with a story past a few chapters, as I get bored of the idea, or it starts to seem stupid. Could any of your brothers (I'm a guy) or sisters help me with that? Help me learn to stick with a topic I mean, and continue writing all the way through a novel? Or is this just for roleplaying?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby star_kid on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 am

I don't really consider writing as an eventual profession of mine but something I'm still quite passionate about nonetheless. I'm literate enough, though I'm stuck with realistic RPs and is honestly quite afraid to walk on unfamiliar territory; Fantasy and etc and would be really interested in meeting someone who will help me learn and vice versa.

;]
All I'm hoping for is one
Image[F]alling [S]tarImage
to wish for you everyday!

star_kid
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:50 am

Factor it is, Taefaros.

Shes an exuberant little bundle of joy, Sister Factor is.

Gabriel, that sounds like familiar terrain for me, I'd be insatiably happy to assist You and Star.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 am

Could I please be a sister?
Today Was A Fairytale ~ By Taylor Swift. Is the song I strive on. I strive on different songs but at the moment and for a while it will be my sole strength... Up & Above xxxx

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:08 am

Your ratings do not speak well of you, but for a one paragraph poster, you do well enough.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:18 am

That is my point. I need some help with doing longer posts.

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Ahh, so it help that you seek, not that you offer. I can easily pair you with Sister Worth. She is quite capable of completing such a task, such as elongating one's ability to... Elongate.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Ok, thanks!

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:09 pm

So, Eldor my friend, do I submit a letter to my "little sister/student" or do you give me instructions when the time comes? ^,^
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashwood on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:16 pm

You contact her, or she contacts you, and you do what you can to help her within the rules, Sister Worth.

Ashwood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aethura on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:31 am

If it is possible I would like to participate. Of course I am not good enough to be offering help so I will be seeking it. As for who I would like to mentor me... Well, I will let whoever wants to go through the painstaking task of correcting my abominable writing skills to do such.

aethura
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:08 pm

I would be more than happy to help you out with your writing skills, Aethura. My constant OCD is perfect for this job. XD

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aethura on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:04 am

Then I will be under your, Brother River, wing but, I will have to kindly ask you to have no mercy when correcting my writing. To leave no errors left to be uncorrected.
Oh god is it hard to write that way. Well, in any case, I don't mind harsh criticism at all, as long as the reason is explained of course, and I am one for details so I may end up asking you many questions. I just thought that I should get that out of the way first. I must thank you in advance for teaching what I will soon learn.

aethura
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!