Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Canadien Cancer, Or: That Fantastical Zodiac Sign RP (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Canadien Cancer, Or: That Fantastical Zodiac Sign RP (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:14 am

Alrighty, I added in a history for my character. Is it satisfactory? :)
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Sorry, but I'm very easily confused. What roles are left to be filled?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Well, we have a Pieces, Virgo, Cancer, and Sagittarius; Scorpio, Gemini, and Aries have been spoken for, and Aquarius is dead, so that leaves Taurus, Leo, Libra, and Capricorn.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Name Olivia Duckett
Gender Female
Age 14 (Sorry! I'm filling the middle-aged-and-over role in a couple of roleplays right now, so I thought I'd shoot low instead.)
Place of origin Isleworth, Great Britain
Current location Devon, Great Britain
Profession Delinquent
Star sign Libra
Orientation Unsure and currently unconcerned
Likes Pop Punk, chocolate-coated raisins, gadgets, trinkets and people who trust.
Dislikes Responsibilities, meat, jewellery, shouting and people who glare.
Appearance
Weighing about 80 pounds and standing at 5'4'', Olivia combines a unassuming, if fit-looking, physique with as much height as her age will allow, which she attempts to amplify with as much menace as she is capable of assuming. Puberty struck her early, but not overly hard, although she still gets annoyed about having to buy new clothes every three months or so. Her father is mixed-race, but from looking at her you'd probably guess that she's fully black in terms of her heritage. Her hair is usually a knot of braids, and she tends to dress in a pretty average fashion for a girl her age, perhaps being slightly more partial to cardigans, stockings and long skirts. Her constant expression of pouting is only ever broken for snarling or the very occasional smile, but her dark eyes hold in them more of the impression of a cautious deer; constantly questioning and looking to spot danger before it bursts into the open, and never more than a second from bolting.
Personality
Olivia is in many ways the epitome of the self-aware youth who's convinced the world is out to get her, possibly because it's jealous, or equally likely simply out of fear for her raw potential. Well, to be fair she doesn't have a hugely inflated sense of self-esteem. She's relatively aware of her advantages and shortcomings, much more than the average kid her age is. However, a childhood spent in the company of, well... the other British children, not to mention a slew of incapable and only occasionally well-meaning adults, has possibly left her with a slightly biased view of humanity. Growing up, Olivia divided her time relatively equally between lurking unconcernedly outside of the social circles and leading the rings, a by-product of her natural confidence, but since moving to the coast she's been relegated to the position of "weird outsider" by the local children. This has done nothing to dent her self-esteem, though, as would be expected of anything short of a pneumatic drill wielded by a Russian strongman. She has a slight (read: alarming) kleptomaniacal streak, one that her parents cannot explain or indeed rid her of, by the seems of it, but is also relatively conscious of people's desires and feelings, and wouldn't wilfully hurt or inconvenience a person unless she felt that they'd somehow earned it. Which, of course, applies to just about anyone above the age of thirty who looks on the cusp of being judgmental.
Undiscovered gifts
Bottomless Chest: Olivia has access to her own pet pocket dimension, possibly contained within her own body, in which she can store at will and instantaneously any object that her body comes in contact with, to be summoned again later just as quickly. The amount of items that she can hold in her personal ethereal inventory seems to be limitless, and she's preconsciously aware of everything that she's pack-ratted away. She currently cannot take any object larger than her own body into storage.
Flickering: Perhaps a by-product of this power of dimensional manipulation, Olivia is also capable of twisting space slightly in order to briefly lessen the distance between two points for an object in motion. She usually uses it for sudden, short bursts of unnatural speed while running, and by timing it correctly can also use it to "flicker" through solid objects. Using it puts a strain on her body, though, so she can only use it about three times in an hour before needing to recharge. She is capable of "flickering" about two metres at a time.
Short bio
Born in West London to happy, uncomplicated middle-class parents, Olivia had a relatively normal upbringing. It was unproblematic apart from the deaths of all of her grandparents in the space between her ninth and tenth birthday, as well as her somewhat odd relationships with all of the other children in the neighbourhood and at her school, none of which ever really struck her parents as being healthy mutual friendships. When she entered secondary school, her number of friends seemed to increase, but her parents also recieved some rather distressing communications from her teachers about possible bullying on her part. Olivia, naturally, insisted that this was simply lies on the parts of the other children in her year who were jealous of her confident nature and tribe of unsympathetic but loyal followers, and it was true. However, her parents were wary of some of her more antisocial tendencies, which only seemed to be becoming more and more evident as she grew older. When she was expelled from school for stealing supplies, her parents were disappointed, naturally, but fortunately it also gave them a good reason for her father to take up a job offer that had appeared down in the South-West. Finding friends at her new home has proven difficult for the young lady, even at school, but she is largely disinterested. Lately she has felt like there is something seperating her from the other people her age, or even people in general. She is right, of course, but sadly for her this has manifested in an even greater desire to act in spite of society. Hopefully it'll just be the teachers at school who she gets on the wrong side of this year...
Last edited by Baron Fowling on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Oh my god how did I not realise before now that I've created a character who has access to hammerspace.

I'll have the bio done tomorrow, hopefully, but unless you really want anything more interesting I don't think it's going to go far beyond "expelled for stealing, parents moved house."

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:06 pm

Freiya - Nope, Aries is free. I'll place your name beside it to reserve the role.

Woflie - Yes'm, it's perfectly fine. Welcome aboard the awesome train, whoo whoo!

Baron - Oh hi again! Don't worry, we'll learn to embrace hammerspace. Personally, I think your profile's pretty great so far, especially in the gifts department, so it's all good. And nah, I was only paranoid that we'd get an overload of teenage characters, but we've only two so far (including yours). No need to apologize!

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Name [Heather Linsy "Linz" Ray]Image
Gender [Female]
Age [21]
Place of origin [Portland, Oregon]
Current location [Loveland, Colorado]
Profession [Novelist]
Star sign [Scorpio]
Orientation [Bi-Curious]
Likes [Green Eyes | Moonlight | Sunrise | Anything Cuddly]
Dislikes [Brown Eyes | Dark Alleys | Tofu | Snakes]
Appearance [BlackHair | PaleSkin | Hazel/GreenEyes | 5'5" | 115lbs]
Undiscovered gifts [MindReading |SoundManipulation |ExtraordinaryHearing]
Sound Manipulation;; [She can block sounds for coming into a certain area (She has to be present in it) and bend sound waves]
Personality[She is fiery, passionate, and vicious when it comes to arguing. She's loving towards her friends, and a little too touchy. When she meets someone, she either automatically claims them as her friend, or decides she doesn't like them..But when it comes down to it she only makes a few really close friends. She doesn't trust easily, but there are one or two people in her life she wouldn't hesitate to tell everything to.
Her heart is mostly open, but a little guarded,because her worst fears are getting it broken,and being left alone.]

Short bio[Her whole life, she lived in Oregon with her father. A middle-class, "Joatmon" as he called himself. The acronym meaning "JackOfAllTrades;MasterOfNone" He did some work in construction, some in janitor work, moving from job to job regularly. But he made a nice living for him and his daughter, and they always had fun. She loved her father more than anything and thought he'd be around forever. But then tragedy struck; Her father died from a sudden heart attack when she was fourteen.

Soon, she was shipped to Alaska to live with her mother. An impatient, childish, snotty woman who "loved" Linz so much, but had never tried to be a larger part of her life. The years slowly passed, and she was stuck with her mother. She had been left by her father to this fate.... Over the next four years, she struggled for happiness and once she turned 18, she fled Alaska to Colorado. Where she has lived ever since.]
Last edited by chaoticsunrise on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks Taefaros. CS will be up within few hours. I g2g now, I'll be back soon and start working on my CS
<8D

Freiya
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Okie dokie, guys, can't wait to see those delicious fried profiles.

OH. It was brought to my attention earlier on today that a 13th zodiac sign actually exists. It's called Ophiuchus (also known as Serpentarius), The Serpent Bearer, and is supposedly so obscure that it's rarely mentioned in most cases. Some astrologers say that, under a revised zodiac, Ophiuchus would fall between Scorpio and Sagittarius as the ninth sign. I'm still a little unsure about the whole thing, but it makes for fairly interesting speculation. Maybe we could implement it some time later in the role play? We could call it the reject sign and throw rocks at it!

Also, I'll probably end up playing Leo as well. We'd minimize confusion related to the backstory that way.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:24 am

Name :
Sina [pronounce: Shi-na] Rosewood
Place of Origin :
Japan
Current Location :
Brooklyn, US
Profession :
Journalist
Star Sign :
Aries - the Ram
Orientation :
Straight
Books, coffee, kittens, puppies, pets, chocolates
Dislikes :
Rats, sunny, sugar, candies, cakes
Appearance :
160cm/50kg, slender built, pale-bronze skin, natural blue eyes and a long shaggy blonde hair. Usually she let her hair untie. She has a strange, mystifying threatening charisma which make her looked awesome. Her nose is not very sharp, a typical of Asian girl, but she has a cherry blossom lips like a type of something you called as "apple lips". Overall, she is captivating.
Usually she wears a tank top with a dark jeans combined with tennis shoes; make her looks sporty. She is naturally thin, so she is one of those lucky girls who wouldn't be afraid of getting fat of too much eating. But she is not very pretty either. She has a cold lovely voice, clear, and deep, fitting for her age.

Personality :
Aries, with it's symbol the white Ram; was famous with their characteristic to be strong and live life head first. They are person who stands in their way.
Aries are noted for courage and leadership qualities, primarily because they are nearly always ready for action. The need for excitement pushes them into new territory -- and as long as they are ahead of others while demonstrating confidence, chances are that they will follow them. As self-ordained leader of the pack, Aries fight for what they believe to be important. But it's not that Aries are fearless. Their courage is more of a commitment to face their fears and overcome them.
Aries motto is "Ready, fire, aim!" It may be backwards for others, but they'd rather figure out what to do while they are doing it. Impulsive actions, however, can bring them their share of trouble. While others are gathering information to make informed decisions, they are already on their way. As such, they could suffer from false starts. In fact, Aries are so good at starting things that they can be off onto their next project before completing the previous one. As they Aries mature, they learn to slow down their reaction time in order to think about the consequences of their actions.

Was born under Aries, Sina is a confident girl; combined with a good head, smart, and a strong personality. Just like a typical of Aries, she is also stubborn. But she is qualified as a leader. She is not very romantic either, but just like another girl she would cry when she watches a sad movie. She is not very spoiled too, but -again- just like another girls; she loves it when people spoil her.

Undiscovered gifts :
Telepathy :
(from the Greek τηλε, tele meaning "distant" and πάθεια, patheia meaning "to be affected by"), is the supposed transfer of information on thoughts or feelings between individuals by means other than the five senses.

Short bio :
Living with her step-parents in the US for about 20 years, she thought they were her real parents, until three months ago before her mother died. Her mother was sick and finally she told to Sina that Sina is not their real daughter.
Sina actually is a daughter of an ex-goverment official of Japan. When Sina was a baby, her father lose his job and had no choice but to giving the baby to his best friend; the current step-father of Sina, and her step-father brought her to the US. Rosewood is the name from her step-parents. Her Japanese surname is Sawajiri.
However, her step-parents were nice to her and treat her like she was their real child.
Sina was very surprised to hear that she wasn't a real child. Her step-mother also told her that actually Sina has an older sister in Japan.
Sina wanted to go to Japan to meet her real parents and her real sister, but after her step-mother died; her step-father was ill right now, so she couldn't leave him.

----------------

Last edited by Freiya on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freiya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 am

Thank ya, Chaotic, she is beautifous. Could you elaborate a little on Sounds Manipulation? I'm awfully slow tonight, derp.

You're accepted, Freiya, just watch out for some of your character details. Liking chocolates, yet disliking sugar and candies? xD A minor ordeal. And watch out for that grammar. Tense changes are awfully sneaky!

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:33 am

That minor ordeal came from me xD
Myself like chocolates and eat chocolates, but I hate candies and sugar xD .. and I don't eat cakes either.. xD

Freiya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 am

Ahaha, then disregard what I said, you silly thing.

Maybe if we're epically lucky, the IC could go up by the weekend. How's that for a reason to throw confetti?

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 am

<8D

*Throws confetti atcha*

Freiya
Member for 15 years

NameNamoi Blackwell
GenderFemale
Age 26
Place of originOhio
Current locationNew York, New York
Profession Investment Firm Assistant, Personal secretary
Star sign Capricorn
OrientationUnknown at this time
LikesLoud music, simple foods, antiques, history, not being pressured, privacy, moving, cats, tension, football, dancing.
Dislikes Being teased, familiarity, surprises, new Ideas, loneliness, being useless, public embarrassment, materialism, dogs, eating shellfish, driving, the color yellow, crying, and sports(save football).
Appearance Namoi stands at 5' 4'' with a small framed body to match. She tends to wear outlandish outfits that some might classify as "punk" or "goth", not doing so to be part of the crowd but more as a habit. Trying to create her own magic about herself. Her hair is long, coming down to just below the shoulders, done up in a massive display of black, purple, and blue dreads. The whole display complemented by deep blue eyes and a black tattoo running down from her hairline to the base of her neck. The tattoo means “transient” but she does not know that. It was just something that came to her in a dream.
http://splitzo.deviantart.com/art/Forti ... -111686019 I can't seem to get it to post right atm.
Personality Namoi isn’t that outgoing of a person unless she’s somewhere were it’s just fitting to be as such. She likes to keep to herself as much as possible and has an air of “I don’t care” about her. It’s odd how she works really. Often giving people flack just to see if they’ll put up with it. And if they do, congrats, they pass the test. So that being said she’s amazingly kind to her friends and will go out of her way to help them. She’ll still keep her distance though, in a delicate balancing act. But still once you're in you might as well become family.
Undiscovered gifts Future sight (glances into the future), Fate weaving (altering fate slightly), Time manipulation (Freezing time or altering it’s passing)
Short bio Namoi was once a girl by the name of Christian Blackwell and grew up with a set of loving parents and a two brothers to go with them. Being the only girl in the family must have made her dad shower her with things. As soon as she grew out of childhood she became aware of it too. Kinda made her resentful. But that wasn’t what really changed her life. At the age of 15 the family moved into New York following her parents work. At 16 she lost them all in a tragic car accident that took place on the freeway. That might have been was started the path of resentment that seems to dwell with her even to this day. That lesson of just how cruel things can be. For about five years she jumped houses, mostly from the friends she’d made until she landed some work at a major investment firm. By a chance meeting a she happened upon an investor by the name of Marcus. The two seemed to hit if off from the get go and it wasn't before long that she found herself on the 47 floor of one of the many skyscrapers that dotted the city. She didn't like the pressure the job put on her but the adventures it offered were too good to pass up. Trips to Europe, Asia, South America, this life kept everything fresh. Namoi might not have gone to school for this but she must of been a natural at it. That must of been why Marcus kept her around, this nack that Namoi had at predicting market movements. So Namoi is living the good life. Spending nights on the town and spending days in the office pushing papers and getting coffee. What more could one ask for?
Last edited by SpearedGrave1 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Speared - You already know what I think, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Thanks for the clarification, Chaotic. =) Oh man, we're so close, hope you guys are still lurkin' around. PM'd someone to pipe their interest, so we might have us a Taurus soon. I'll try to complete a profile for Leo tonight or tomorrow. We still need those sheets for the Geminis!

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Olivia's bio is done! Nothing hugely interesting, I'm sad to say. Looking forward to the IC going up!

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Don't you dare lie to me. She's perfectly jawsome and you know it. As for me having Leo done...well, that obviously didn't happen, but it shall soon enough. Fantastic Mr. Fox is just so distracting. And so the wait continues. Fickle.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Okay, has anyone seemed to drop off or a slot available. SpearedGraveOne got me interested in this!
Wars do not make one great

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Oh, certainly! Wow, thank Speared for being so damned cool. I've yet to update the roster, but, as of the moment, Taurus and both Geminis are available. If the others are still around, we could get this running by next week or earlier. :D

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!