Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Canadien Cancer, Or: That Fantastical Zodiac Sign RP (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Canadien Cancer, Or: That Fantastical Zodiac Sign RP (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 am

This is an adventure. Dig it.
Canadien - a...French Canadian. But, more importantly, an aboriginal. Outsiders, the zodiac, lost among the stars...

Image December 21, 2012 - Can you feel it? Those happy-go-lucky feelings that have swathed the world in happiness and rainbows and unicorn shit? It's the Age of Aquarius, man!...Well, so say those hobos on my street corner. I have not seen such savagery since the World Cup. What is it that they are so elated about? It seems as if we are plunged in yet another conflict with those silly little neighboring islands, the ones that have a sausage fetish or something. I do not understand. If the Mayans are to laugh at us soon, then I will laugh as well; things are, how you say, quite ridonkulous.

Oh, well, I'm off to work. It is not easy being an air courier, you know.
--Sebastien, the "Pisces," Livejournal entry 224

EDIT: WORK SUCKED. Who wants dibs on Gears of War? -- Seb

Never mind the bollocks, here's the plot.

Welcome to Canadien Cancer, a seemingly misspelled ride to the end of the world and back. It's New Year's Eve on a futuristic-lite Earth where biplanes clog the skies alongside the aircraft of tomorrow. Nearly every superpower has reason to bicker with one another, no matter how silly or obscure the issue, but this night is a festive night, one where everyone can set aside their troubles for the sake of watching an absurdly large fruit plummet to the ground. For the future, for resolutions! For not being engulfed in apocalyptic terror!

All are well except for a few odd souls: the Taurus, an upbeat woman, and her older male accomplice, the Leo. They watch the world below from high above the clouds, piloting an ancient airship in search of their cohorts--to train them, to prepare them, to unify and align them. The constellations from whence they came have been decimated by ravenous, otherwordly starbeasts, previously lost to the depths of space, yet mysteriously brought forth once again. It is said that a neverending cycle exists in which chosen members of the zodiac are reincarnated in order to maintain peace and, eventually, calm the distressed queen of the starbeasts. Yet the Gemini Twins, corrupted by power, have dispersed from Taurus and Leo, working against them on campaign to control the creatures for their own purposes. They have already taken Cancer, abusing her gift to sense the other members, and Aquarius has fallen by their hands.

Oh man.

Seven humans remain unaware of their fate. They've all felt a little varied from the rest, a little more aware of their surroundings, but nothing to write home about. This year, however, is a different year. You feel strange, enlightened almost. The discovery of your new abilities ensures; some may be able to fly, while others may have more bizarre gifts. The two star sign factions have finally located the others, and it's only a matter of time before divisions are made. Some will be found by Taurus and Leo; some by the Gemini Twins. Either way, it's a life-changing dealio.

And you only thought you were going to lose some pounds this year.

Rules? Yes, rules! This isn't an anarchy! (And several tidbits.)

-No godmodding of any sort. It's just plain nasty.
-Violence is cool. Go nuts, you sadists.
-Any romantic involvements that go beyond appropriate standards must be taken, you guessed it, to PM's. We're all a little dirty, but really.
-Try to post at least once a week! Life gets in the way at times, so send me a note if you'll be busier than usual.
-Be literate, be awesome! I'm gonna go with one to three paragraphs at the least, 150 words for a minimum, but quality prevails over quantity.
-I'll be, if you haven't guessed, taking the role of Pisces, da Fish.
-Starbeasts can be compared to chimeras in terms of appearance--meaning, they look like a mixture of species, and no two are a like. Go wild when describing one! Also, they are quadrupedal.
-Your character can originate from any country you can shake a stick at. They'll meet up eventually, so we aren't all confined to one place.
-If you can drum up a character idea that isn't part of the zodiac but seems reasonable enough, run it by me. I'd be happy to look it over.
-Check this space frequently! I am a forgetful S.O.B. and will most likely make additions as the story goes along.

Character Sheet! You can use the traits of your star sign as a basic template for your character, but you aren't restricted to said traits.

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Age[/b] (Variety, please! Everyone can't be a teenager.)
[b]Place of origin[/b]
[b]Current location[/b]
[b]Profession[/b]
[b]Star sign[/b] (Choose from the list below.)
[b]Orientation[/b]
[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Appearance[/b] (No anime pics! Realistic pictures are welcomed, but there must also be a description.)
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Undiscovered gifts[/b] (Or, in the case of Taurus, Leo, and the Gemini Twins, discovered. Limit three.)
[b]Short bio[/b]

I. Image Aries - The Ram - Freiya (Sina Rosewood)

II. Image Taurus - The Bull

III. Image Gemini - The Twins - Sweet DK (?)

IV. Image Cancer - The Crab - wolfangel26 (Anna Castillo)

V. Image Leo - The Lion - Taefaros (Frankie Rush) (Pending! Wow, that's sad.)

VI. Image Virgo - The Maiden - Nezzera {Emelia "Emmy" Desmodane)

VII. Image Libra - The Scales - Baron Fowling (Olivia Duckett)

VIII. Image Scorpio - The Scorpion - chaoticsunrise (Heather Linsy "Linz" Ray)

IX. Image Sagittarius - The Archer - Sweet DK (Pending!)

X. Image Capricorn - The Sea-goat - SpearedGrave1 (Naomi Blackwell)

XI. Image Aquarius - The Water Carrier - Deceased

XII. Image Pisces - The Fish - Taefaros (Sebastien Prideaux)
Last edited by Tæfarós on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Canadien Cancer, Or: That Fantastical Zodiac Sign RP (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Folk Fish

Name: Sebastien Prideaux Image
Place of origin: Saint Eulalie, France
Current location: London, England
Profession: Pilot courier by day -- delivers vital information by air to the wealthy and not-so-wealthy, one client at a time -- and failed indie musician by night.
Star sign: Pisces
Orientation: Straight (Believe it or not.)
Likes: Folk, smooth jazz, coffee, the rain, kitties, turtlenecks, blogging, general do-goodery
Dislikes: Small dogs ("purse pooches," he calls them), local television, alcohol, loafers, loud noises, oppression
Appearance: Sebastien normally carries a mellow, dopey look about him, as if wandering through life without a true sense of direction or focus. If you've ever come across a stranger who seemingly had no idea where he's headed or what to do with himself, then you've probably seen Seb. His short, black hair is groomed in erratic patterns, either combed loosely or left to suffer from bedhead syndrome. Despite the faraway gaze in his brown eyes, he has a genial face, flecked with stubble and made for smiles. He prefers to, in his words, "keep it casual," often sporting no more than hippie-ready T-shirts, jeans, sandals or sneakers. While on the job, he'll toss on a navy blue bomber jacket and a polka-dot scarf just for the sake of feeling cool, donning his father's battered aviator hat and goggles.

Personality: Seb is, conveniently enough, the pure embodiment of a Pisces. Sensitive to the feelings of others and the world around him, he takes on a noticeably cynical persona when journaling entries for his numerous subscribers. His reasoning for this is merely commercial; he's a guy who enjoys a little escapism every now and then, hence his life as an air courier. Sebastien is patient and good-natured, accepting to all, never egotistic. However, being an idealist, he is easily mislead, which may place him in a situation where he ends up getting hurt.

Undiscovered gifts: Prolonged breathing underwater (up to an hour without fatigue), communicating and playing Dr. Phil with household pets (useful, I know), and telekinesis, the movement of matter.

Short bio: In progress! Duty calls.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Name: Anna Castillo
Age 28
Place of origin: Madrid, Spain
Current location[/b:] New York City, New York, America
[b]Profession
: Artist
Star sign: Cancer
Orientation: Straight
Likes: Art, of course, Books, Coffee, the Blues, warm weather
Dislikes: Politics, traffic jams, reality television
Appearance

Standing about 5'8" with a slender build, Anna has fair skin and dark hair that caascades past her back. Her most striking feature are her green eyes. She normally wears her hair in a loose ponytail, but when it is let down, it has this wind-blown, free look that makes her seem almost wild. While it is not tangled or messy, it still has a slightly unkempt appearance. In terms of clothing, her tastes are unique, if not borderline eccentric. She sports whatever is comfortable, usually a dress with matching leggings and a snug pair of flats. She is creative and crafty, so she makes her own jewelry to complement her clothing.

Personality: Charming and witty, she relies heavily on her gut instinct. She's very intuitive, and empahtic with those around her. She's intelligent, perhaps not at genius level, but she is observant. She wears her heart on her sleeve most times, and she is not afraid to stand up for herself. She can be moody and, at times, a bit shy, but she works hard to leave her "shell" and branch out.

Undiscovered gifts Hydrokinesis (power over water), Empath (feeling the emotions of others)

Short bio
Her mother was actually Spanish, while her father was an American who had come to Spain for reasons concerning the historical preservations of medival cathedrals. Her mother, Maria Castillo, was a renown local artist and her gallery caught the eye of her father, a professor of Art History from the Americas. Though the two never married, they were inseparable and soon Maria gave birth to Anna. They lived in Spain until she was three, and her mother died from Huntington's Disease.
Returning to his native home in New York City, her father continued his work as a professor. Under his care, Anna blossomed into a youngly love lady, and a rather talented artist. Her skills lead her to graduating from a prestigious art school in France, but she returned to America where she opened up her own private gallery in Manhatten, where she resides to this day.
Given her bohemian style work, she has her own reputation in the art world, but like her mother did when she was alive. Despite that, she is still modest about her work. She lives in a small flat above her gallery, but she still visits her father from time to time, who is now retired. Given that her mother died from Huntington's, the possibility that she has genetically inherited it has come to mind, but she is too nervous to be tested.
Last edited by wolfangel26 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

I would like to reserve the spot of Scorpio?
I will have a character sheet shortly, but my mind seems to have run out of creativity for the moment... (:
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Can I reserve Virgo?

I'm working on the Char Sheet...

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Name Emelia "Emmy" Desmodane
Place of origin: Palmer, Alaska
Current location: Hartline, Washington, America
Profession: Emelia works at a small shop a few blocks from her house, run by a girl she used to go to school with and her brother.
Star sign: Virgo
Orientation: Straight
Like:s Stars, music, calm environments, scented candles
Dislikes: Loud noises, bright lights, foul smells, big fires
Appearance:
She stands 5'4" tall, weighing in at about 115 pounds. Emelia's red-brown hair hangs in waves down to just a few inches below her shoulders. She often has her hair tied back. She liked to wear clothes that stand out, in the sense that you're not exactly liking to see anyone else wearing the same outfit as her- ever. Her dark green eyes are usually warm and inviting, though every once in a while they turn icy.
Personality
A true Virgo, Emelia is trusting of almost everyone she meets. She seems to think that everyone is basically good, and if they don't show it much, she finds it rather fun to try and get them to. Still very young, she can be a bit childish at times when she has a ton of energy and not much to do with it; but she is usually rather calm and quiet.
Undiscovered gifts
Shape-shifting;; She can alter her appearance, making it rather easy to go around without being recognized. Earth-bending.
Short bio
Emelia grew up in a small town in Alaska, in a rather large house out in the edges of town. She had feilds as her back yard; horses, dogs, and cats roamed freely around the property. Emelia, along with her twin brother, Christopher, and their little sister, Sarah, lived with her grandparents, Marie and Joseph, most of her life. When she was 10, Marie died in a house fire while visiting her sister on her birthday. A little less than a year later, Joseph, unable to live without his beloved, simple gave up on living and died in his sleep. After that, the children were sent to live with their aunt in Washington. Their aunt was a sour woman who hated children, and at the age of 14, Emelia ran away in the middle of the night. Christopher had refused to go with her, insisting he stay to protect Sarah, but promising to keep her departure a secret.

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:57 pm

Whoa, I actually got people? I thought I was a failmagnet when it came to starting roleplays. Eee, this is rather exciting. Rather exciting indeed.

Wolfie, I'll add ya to the list when your bio is completed (says the person who also needs a bio done, fail. Darn these history notes.). You're accepted, Nezz (Earth-bending for the win), and, Chaotic, you may reserve Scorpio. There's no rush at all. :D Thanks a ton for signing up, you guys. <3

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Ooh ooh ooh can I be Gemini?

EDIT: That's actually a legit question; are they going to be playable? And will they in fact be two characters?
Last edited by DCLXVI on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet DK on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I'll take sagitarius. I'll have the sheet up in a second.

Sweet DK
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 pm

DCLXVI - Yes! Would you like to play both twins or just one? I figured that the role could be either shared or singular.

Sweet DK - Alrighty, take your time. =)

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 pm

I hadn't thought of that; I haven't really got a preference. It's your RP, so I guess it's your call on that; I think it would be unwise to flounder about it for too long.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Fff, just caught your edit, you sly thing you. I should clear that up, shouldn't I?

Depends on how many people are truly interested. If we're all roaring to go, Taurus, Leo and all, but lack someone else who wants to play the other twin, then I guess you're on for a dual role, good buddy.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet DK on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 pm

I'd love to be one of the gemini's too.

Sweet DK
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm

Should the Geminis' undiscovered gifts be, in fact, discovered? Because they're already doing stuff with them?

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, damn, that was convenient. Hooray! Go ahead if you can handle it, Sweet. Haha, Sweet.

Yep, that would be reasonable. On a side note, that also makes them the most badass characters in the game thus far. Sorry, guys.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet DK on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Hell yea! I got the badassness!

Name: Joshua Ngozi
Place of origin: Lagos, Nigeria
Current location: Nice, France
Profession: Travel Journalist
Star sign: Sagitarius
Orientation: Heterosexual
Likes: Women, gambling, books, being surrounded by people, adventure, food, and oh, those women
Dislikes: The color gray, waiting, roses, people doubting him

Appearance: Joshua is almost a goliath of a guy, around 6'3 and packed with muscle. He keeps his hair immpeccably cared for and loves to dress in the nice clothes that his job provides for him. Image

Personality: Joshua is super-laid back (though some would call it spoiled) and pretty trusting of the universe. He's mostly been on the recieving end of a lot of good luck and he shows it. He smiles a lot, and mostly automatically assumes that he's going to get what he wants. In general, a friendly guy, if not a bit full of himsef.

Undiscovered gifts: -Invisibility
-Ability to phase through solid objects.

Short bio: Joshua didn't grow up with everything, but he grew up with a hell of a lot. Joshua spent most of his childhood with his dad, who was also a journalist, tagging along on all of his adventures. His father taught him to love diversity, to try things that he would normally just ignore and to always keep an open mind. When his did retired, he made a way for Joshua to take his place in the global travel magazine There

Sweet DK
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:13 am

Sweet, I'm assuming the italicized "there" is a clever alternative to the period? xD Just wanted to make sure you were finished with your Sagi.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 am

never mind then sir
Last edited by Draruto on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:08 am

Heya, Draruto, I hate to say it, but your profile could benefit from a little editing, y'know? For instance, in the wall of text that is my silly little explanation of the plot, I mentioned that Taurus is a lady. Now, you could opt for Leo, her companion, but then you'd still have work to do. Try spicing up your character. You gave us the basics in terms of his appearance, personality, and history, but there are various ways to expand on these areas. /end douchebaggery

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 am

This caught my interest.
Does Aries taken ?

I reserve it if its not taken yet.

Freiya
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!