Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

City of Gold: Interest check for a Pirate RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

City of Gold: Interest check for a Pirate RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 pm

This is an interest check for an RP idea of mine. It takes place in our world sometime in the mid 1600s. It begins as your typical Pirate adventure plot in which your characters form a crew and set sail in search of adventure. These adventures will be connected by the search for the eight pieces of the Key to the City of Gold; a marvelous treasure trove located somewhere in the New World. During the first part of the journey, our characters will spend most of their time at sea. Here, I will allow you to take the plot where you will, such as into battle against a navy or a rival pirate gang. I really have no plans for this segment of the story other than to retrieve the first two pieces of the Key. However, there will come a time when the crew begins its search for the final five keys when I will take a stricter and more active role in the plot. This segment of the RP will take place entirely on land and will take your characters to exotic places not normally associated with pirate settings. I will have a specific outline of villains and plot twists in this section that I’m sure you’ll find unique and interesting.
You may play as any character you like, be they a stereotypical pirate, a child/teenager who has run away to become or was raised by a pirate, a fallen nobleman-turned-pirate, or a woman. If you wish to play as a villain (e.g. a member of the Royal Navy) I strongly recommend having them switching over to the side of the heroes before the search for the final five Keys begin. Magic is allowed in this world, as it will play a major part later in the storyline. A character with some knowledge of the future (aka American history from 1700 to the present) would be useful for the latter part of the storyline as well, but is not necessary. I may allow ninjas, just for the fun of it, but you’ll have to PM me first before anything is concrete.
Later, after I’m sure enough people are interested, I will create an official sign-up thread with the actual story outline and full rules where you can create your characters. Then we can begin the actual story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: City of Gold: Interest check for a Pirate RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm interested. I just got into the pirate thing when everyone dropped out of the last Pirate Rp's I was in. I still have that craving. I like the slight mysticism too. It means I can use my character as he was meant to be.

He's a somewhat funny character, as most Pirates are either disturbingly fierce or funny, but I'm still itching to use him. Definitely count me in on this when you make it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm interested just as long as we get to the actual plot pretty soon into the IC. A lot of RP's on here drag out the initial meetings and the real story doesn't even start til a month into it.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm in, and looking forward to it!

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Hang on, I am composing the plot hook and the rules that will go on the sign-up page. they should be posted late tonight or sometime tommorrow.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Pirates, Navy battles, Magic, Gold, Ninjas, yea, definitely can count me as very interested. When my brain works, I know a bit about the 1700's and forward, so I'm looking forward to how this turns out.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm

I call Jack Sparrow-ish character! Sorry... I love that movie...

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:22 pm

here is the address for the sign-up page: city-gold-signup-t36617.html

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!