Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Classing A Roleplay

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Classing A Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't really like the roleplay tab, so I have decided to use the post-by-play forum. I can't post in the general section, even after I posted an idea. Anyway, I have a roleplay that I'm not sure what class of forum it should go in. Can you help? I'll give a general outline.

A group of kids have been raised in a lab. Their DNA has been modified, and they all have indiviual powers. They age twice as fast as normal humans. They are adopted by one of the scientists who works in the lab. They have to try and fit in.

Now, obviously it will be more expanded than that. I'm just giving a general outline. It's not quite realistic, but it's not quite fantasy. What should I put it under?
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Classing A Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:25 pm

It seems to be a common misconception that you need to post an idea before you can post in the play-by-post forum. But no one can post in the main play-by-post forum. That forum simply displays all the active topics in all the various subforums.

As for where to categorize it... if it doesn't seem to fit in any of the categories, then I would suggest you use the 'Uncategorized Roleplay' subforum.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tea on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am

I...do not wish to be rude... But if it is a mis-consception that players must suggest an improvement to the site first, before they are allowed to post into a forum...then why does the Forum Page, the central page from which all other sub-forums attach, explicitly state that a suggestion could or should be made before having access into one of the Play-By-Post sub-forums? Why?

Tea
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 am

No, what Tiko meant was that nobody can post in the main play by post forum. Thanks. :)

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 am

That's because if people don't like the RP tab, we would like for them to give us feedback on why (so we can make it better), before they go back to using the old forum system. But nowhere are you required to. I think people read that, and then get confused when they can't find the post new topic button, and don't realize that no one can put topics in the main forum, only the sub forums.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tea on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:27 am

Perhaps it has to do with the word: After. To quote, "After you suggest an improvement, you can create a basic forum roleplay thread here." I never even bothered to check the main Play-By-Post Role-Play Forum. I simply assumed from that statement that I would be required to make a suggestion first. Well...this is certainly not the answer that I wanted, but it is an answer. I'll wish both of you a nice day.

Tea
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!