Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Contractor

Contractor

a part of “Contractor”, a fictional universe by Loxley.

The roleplay follows a group of human "SRC"-operators working for the PMC Sylvan Group, which carries out private peacekeeping operations in the Milky Way Galaxy in the 24th Century.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Contractor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Contractor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:37 am

Okiez...btw I got RP if u have time and want to join a Crime Drama

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:42 am

Thanks for the offer, dude. But between work and five roleplays I'm involved in already, I got my hands full trying to keep up. Picking up another roleplay would cause me to burn out or something, haha. ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:51 am

it's all good

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:00 am

OK, this is a fairly minor point but how is your character South African having been born and raised in Namibia (assuming the two have been independent for about 350 years), Loxley?

Anyway, nit-picking aside- looking forward to this one!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 am

Well, as you know, Namibia was once part of Apartheid South Africa. And Walvis Bay where Schaeffer was born didn't officially become part of Namibia until in the 90's. That means, there still lives a lot of South Africans today, and, I figure, it's no different in the 24th Century. So, my way of reasoning is, since his father was a South African, he was sent to South Africa when it came to orphanage deployment. And, by one of two means, either his father's nationality, or because he was placed in a South African orphanage, he ended up becoming a South African citizen.

I haven't thought about it too closely, but my point would be, there are several ways for it to have happened. Your input is appreciated though. :D

And I'm glad you're looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't disappoint. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:11 am

Whoops- sorry! I must have missed the bit with the orphanage being in SA; I just thought you'd probably copied and pasted him from a character set in the modern day.

And I'm sure it won't! Do you have an idea on how many people you'd like to have join up before you begin?

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 am

Haha, no worries, and actually I did, at least in part, though he's going to be vastly different from said character. Now I feel guilty about it, though. XD

I'm gonna kick the roleplay off soon. First, though, I'm going to drop a thread in the Roleplayers Wanted section. That way, we might have one or two more interests drop by and join up. I'm hoping to fill the two squads, but it'll work just fine even if we don't manage that, so no worries. ;)

Edit: I even left in the old name of the character when I ctrl+c, ctrl+v'd it. I suck. >_>

Anyway, two things. First, here's the Players Wanted thread, if anyone's interested. ;)
servicemen-wanted-for-intergalactic-high-risk-employment-t51030.html

And secondly, I'm gonna get started on the intro post right now. It might take an hour or two, though, as I have to figure out the best way to get started, as well as the best location, and so on and so forth.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 am

Aaaand it's up. Feel free to join. :D

Any questions about the ship, the station, or anything else in regard to the roleplay, don't hesitate to shoot them my way.

By the way. I modeled the SGV Maurateng on this ship:
http://depblog.weblogs.us/wp-content/up ... p2_cg2.jpg

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 am

Hey, Aquinoman, I'm going to have to ask you to remove the part about him shooting the speaker. I aim for a level of reality in terms of the military atmosphere in the roleplay, and if someone discharged a firearm like that in real life, not only would they be so fired from the military their ass lit up, but they would be thrown in jail as well. And most likely, their commanding officer would beat them to a pulp. :P

Also, the soldiers have handed in all but their personal equipment when they left Mars. That includes their weapons. They won't be issued with them for a while yet, so your character won't have any gun with him. His "personal equipment" basically means his uniform, his canteen, and the bags to carry them in.

Also, the last paragraph of the post leaves me scratching my head, dude. This takes place in the barracks on the ship. Military regs state that you can never eat where you bunk, i.e., in the barracks. Health reasons and all that. So there's no way there'd be someone eating, especially not in a situation where he has four hours to pack his gear before he need to be off the ship.

Try to get a sense of the atmosphere on the ship, and work from there. Everyone's stressed because they have a deadline to meet. They're packing, they're cleaning their bunks, and so on and so forth. That should include your character too, by the way.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 am

Aquinoman, I'll be quick about this. You need to read the posts just a little bit more carefully in the future. Minor detail is, the rooms were already cleaned, as Schaeffer inspected them and was satisfied with that, so there was no need for your character to clean them again.

But more importantly, he gave specific orders in regard for you what to do after you were done in your barracks on the ship.

The orders were; All SRC-operators are to find their new quarters onboard the space station and get themselves settled there. After that, they have to check out their combat gear and weapons, and do a checkover of them. They are also to study up on Guinam, and more importantly, get the sights adjusted on their weapons, over at the station's shooting range.

On the news side, y'all, I'm going to figure out some way to give you some info about the different alien races residing on Guinam, today. Most likely, I'll place them at the bottom of the introduction page. That should do the trick, even if it will get cluttered.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Second post today. Just wanted to point out I've updated the introduction to include some of the alien species, the ones of interest here since they exist on Guinam. Scroll down the introduction page to the bottom to find them. Humans are not among them, but you all know of those already. ;) I'll update with more alien species some other day, but for now, these are the ones who are relevant.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endrak X on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello, good sir!
I created a character to fill the open slot of Helix Squad's Infiltrator. Excitement abounds!
Please tell me what you think, as this is my first time RPing in a while and I might be a bit rusty.

Endrak X
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Hey, dude. I'll take a look when I get back from work later today. After a quick look, though, he looks pretty good. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey, dude.

Took a look at the character. I don't really have any problem with him, except, I need him to be serious about his work when pushing comes to shoving, and I need him to not mess with his fellow SRC operators, including Jonathan, his CO. If you can promise me he won't do either, he's accepted. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endrak X on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 pm

I can promise that he'll be serious about his work.

For the other part though, he wouldn't mess with them in any way beyond being an asshole when Jonathan isn't looking. Is that within acceptable limits?

Endrak X
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Sure, as long as his personal hacker habits doesn't cause any character controlling or stuff like that. That's my only concern with the character. ;) But I trust your judgment on the issue, so I'll go ahead and accept him. Welcome aboard. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endrak X on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks!

Endrak X
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Feel free to post your character intro anytime. :D

I'm going to wait with posting until the weekend when I can relax and focus on doing it. I'm going to post a bit about how Schaeffer bunks up on the Manitoba, and then there'll be some time for character interaction between your characters and him. Until then feel free to interact with each other and get to know eachother. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reap on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:19 pm

hey, im a little new to the site. i left a character skeleton aiming for infiltrator in helix squad..let me know if its accepted, kk? (scratch this post and my character skeleton, i just saw that helix already has a infiltrator. wll try makeing a diffrent one in a little bit)

"Because 'Kill it with fire' should be your FIRST reaction to a problem."

reap
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:24 am

Hey, dude. Sorry. No offense, but I need literal players in this roleplay, and I prefer them to have been on this site for a couple of months at least, so I know that, a) they won't abandon the roleplay (which happens anyway, but oh well), and b) I can read up on their previous roleplaying and see if their style fits in my roleplay.

So, sorry, dude, but I'm going to have to say no to your joining this roleplay. Again, no offense. It's just to "protect" my roleplay, so to speak, which I've vested quite some time in.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!