Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Contractor

Contractor

a part of “Contractor”, a fictional universe by Loxley.

The roleplay follows a group of human "SRC"-operators working for the PMC Sylvan Group, which carries out private peacekeeping operations in the Milky Way Galaxy in the 24th Century.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Contractor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Contractor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:39 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Contractor"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Contractor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Looks great! I've submitted a medic- let me know if I need to make any changes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:07 pm

I did one too sir

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:22 pm

@Northern Soul: Looks good. She's accepted. ;)

@Aquirnoman: Sorry, but I need you to work through it a bit more. Write a bit more about his past, military and otherwise, and on how he decided to join SG, expand a bit in regard to his personality and description if you can. Also, do a double-check on the grammar and spelling. I saw a lot of errors in those two departments when I looked through it.

Also, Jonathan Schaeffer will be the only captain in the squadron since he's also the commanding officer of it. Your character would be a lieutenant if he's accepted as squad leader. All non-squad leader characters will be sergeants.

Thanks for the interest, guys. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Alright Edited

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi there!

This game looks really interesting, and it's a genre I'm not too familiar with, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Let me know if my character sheet needs any tweaks.

-Machina
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThaKooch on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello! This topic looks really interesting and I'm writing an application as we speak!

ThaKooch
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:35 am

@Machina, your character is excellent. :D I was afraid I'd give the impression that infiltrators are just computer geeks, which they are not. Every member of the squad is a highly trained soldier. It's just that the infiltrators are also highly trained in computer warfare. I'm glad your character reflects that. Plus, she reminds me of a female MacGyver. ;)

@ThaKooch, glad to hear that! I'm looking forward to seeing your character. :D

@Aquinoman, I still need you to tweak your character a bit. I'll give you the finer points in a PM. I hope you don't take any offense. I just want the best characters I can get, at their best, for the roleplay.

Also, I'll give the rundown on some basic equipment later today if I get the time, since I realize we have no info about their weapons and stuff like that, yet. Later on, I'm going to try and write some background on different planetary systems, planets, aliens and governments as well, but for now, the most important, I think, are the weapons. I also need to get my own character profile up, though, so it might have to wait for a bit.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:39 am

None taken some reason I am having a little writer block for my character before u PM let me get one more chance at editing.

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 am

Sorry, man. I missed your post here in the thread. I understand that we all can have writer's block, so don't worry about it. I've given some pointers in the PM, in either case, and let me assure you I won't reject the character. Together, we'll give him what he needs to be approved, and then you'll be in the game in no time. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:56 am

Alright he should be a little bit more polished

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am

Sorry, dude, but I still need you to expand more on his background. Even though you edited it, it's still a bit rough. Also, try to space it out into more than one paragraph of text. Also, I need you to specifically clarify the point where your character stopped working for the Martians, and began doing contracting work for SG. Right now it seems as if the counter-terrorism unit is a part of SG or vice versa, which of course isn't the case since SG is a private PMC entity. Thanks in advance.

Also, I dug around for some cool weapons designs, y'all, so here they are with links. This is the standard issue weaponry of SG.

6,8 mm Chain Rifle with 20 mm underslung grenade launcher (Standard issue weapon with the SRC):
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7773/im8h7k.gif

High Calibre Sniper Rifle (The standard sniper tool with the SRC):
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5488 ... rrifle.jpg

Manitoba SSD, 40 mm Semi-Automatic Grenade Launcher
http://img44.imageshack.us/i/grenadelauncher40mm.jpg/

Milkor PDW, 6,8 mm Personal Defense Weapon
http://img440.imageshack.us/i/spwrifle.jpg/

And the infamous Glock 20, 10 mm auto pistol, with laser-aiming module, still perfect for military use through the 24th Century. You can only perfect a gun so much before developing the technology further is nothing but a waste of good money. The Glock is as reliable in space as it is on Earth.
http://www.bearbasin.com/viridian-glock.jpg

(Mainly because I couldn't find any cool pics of sci fi pistols)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:28 am

you know what they say 9325th times the charm

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:33 am

And they're right. ;)

Ok, I'm going to approve him. Do me one last favor, though, and check over the character sheet with a spell check after I've approved him. I saw a few spelling and grammar errors in there. Might as well try and get rid of them. Also, there's no need for the huge spacing between the paragraphs. A single line of spacing will do just fine. ;)

Either way, welcome aboard! :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 am

Thank the lord

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 am

Alright. I'm still working my own character. Until then, let's see if anyone else feels like joining. As soon as my character is up, however, we'll get started. Anyone who joins after that, we can have them sent in as reinforcements or something.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:18 am

u ready to rock'n'roll

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 am

Gimmie until later today, after all. I've got some shit I need to get done over here, as well as some other roleplays to catch up to, before I make an intro post to Contractor. I'll have it up at the end of the day. It'll also give others some time to join if there's still someone interested in doing so.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquinoman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:35 am

How long is until the end of the day of there...I am America so I don't got ur same time I don't think

Aquinoman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:36 am

She's ten in the morning over here. And I got started on Contractor right away when I woke up, so I haven't even had breakfast yet. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!