Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crown of Chains

Crown of Chains

a part of “Crown of Chains”, a fictional universe by TheRavenandThePawn.

Why must good men die. The King loved by his people lay stabbed, his wife poisoned, and the prince and his family waylaid and murdered. The princess must marry so the land has a proper king. Though the Regent has other plans.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crown of Chains”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Crown of Chains

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Thats Chrico right? Cause i wrote up a post, but it would be silly if that is not Chrico. If it is not i'll have to make some modifications.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:43 am

For those wonder why that Black Elf is so bad ass, he is one of Na'Tally's avatars. In other words he is an embodiment of Na'Tally's power.
Andā€¦ Hereā€¦ Weā€¦ Go..!

If I kill you in a forest and there isn't a law against it... is it murder?

I got 99 Souls but a Witch ain't one.

Need more players for my newest role-play World War Five If interested please join.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 am

He is indeed a bad ass. Scary to think that he is also an enemy.

Edit: Also sorry for the short posts the always seem so much bigger when i write them up in word.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 am

I've actual gotten to writing my first book... as I usually phase out or find it complete crap. Though I'm fairly content with this work I've done here. This is the introduction and first chapter of the story of Dophia's post creation... the battle which chose the one true power which brought forth Dophia. I will try to update it regularly. This is the actual story my newest role-play will be taking place in.

roleplay/spilled-blood-from-shattered-hearts/#posting

Spilled Blood from Shattered Hearts.

Introduction.

The world lay upon the brink of collapse, its creators and guardians slain as man rose against the heavenā€™s and won. If only they could have seen the destruction they would soon causeā€¦ the horrors they would unleash. Now only decaying skeletons of times passed make the landscape of the dark and dying world, the bones of skyscrapers and weapons of slaughterā€¦ guns, missiles, empty shells that once fell like crimson rain. Man still fights for its survival lead by a man name Septriss. This man massive and powerful has lead man since the cataclysm for over twenty years. Adorned with a bone white mask and hair as black as spite itself, tipped with a silver sheen from his moon blessed flesh. A walking armory and physical dominate he bears the full weight of mankindā€™s struggle upon his bronzed shoulders. The oldest human and only one who saw the cataclysm he is unquestioned by all of humanity.

The days felt as if they grew shorter and shorterā€¦ time was running outā€¦ he placed his hope to the future, he placed his hopes in the new generations. Two whom he almost felt envy forā€¦ the love between them encouraged him to continue this fight against fate. The two young lovers Nectranis and Dophia. Nectranis a young boy with short raven black hair and acid green eyes dark skinned with darker clothing which covered his muscled body. Dophia was a fair maiden with hair that dulled gold in brilliance and eyes of such a blue they made the sky rage with envy. A snow white dress covered her thin but muscular body filth turning the soft cloth grayish in several areas. These two lovers and their leader would soon decided the fate of the entire worldā€¦ and thus the dice were cast and fates were sealed.

Ithia would change for better or for worstā€¦ yet fate was sealed before the books were foundā€¦ yet it still felt of free willā€¦ false hopes to change horrid withering thought of changeā€¦ One not to be taken lightly. Yet this falsity of hope made hearts burn and war rageā€¦ one spark of hope. To fight for truths unheardā€¦ lies untoldā€¦ virgin paths untouched by corrupted feet. Yet among all things that drives hopeā€¦ fate is never told before it is ushered. So that mortals may dance in conflicts of passion... prejudiceā€¦ and perceptions of thousands of different eyes. Three shall herald the coming of a new ageā€¦ one shall succeedā€¦ and all existence will rest upon their choiceā€¦ and in the endā€¦ one manā€™s voiceā€¦ shall be the only one heard.

Chapter one : Book of Err

Nectranis slowly brushed the ground with his fingers against the rock hard earth small dust clouds drifting behind his finger tips. He gazed upon the beautiful girl who was no more then sixteen years of age. Two years younger then himself yet they were more then happy together. He loved her kind heart, he in fact loved everything about her from her silken skin and golden hair to her love of what little nature remained. Her voice was enchanting as she spoke. ā€œNectranisā€¦ do you thinkā€¦ weā€™ll survive long enough for Septriss to bind us as soul mates?ā€ She said watching the gloomy ash filled sky. She shook her head thinking how silly her question must be. She grasped her dress wringing it in her hands as she watched Nectranis stand up fully.

ā€œOf coarseā€¦ Iā€™d face the once gods themselves to make your happyā€¦ā€ His words held truthā€¦ he truly would face anything to keep her happy. He dragged his foot across the ground watching the dust drift by. ā€œOne dayā€¦ we shall have a homeā€¦ we will restore our lands to what they once were before we over threw the gods and followed them as they decent.ā€ He shook his head he wasnā€™t around back thenā€¦ yet the dreams of the dying gods and aftermath still haunted his mindā€¦ it haunted everyoneā€™s mind, young and old. He held his heads as his visions became to such a clarity it crippled his senses.

White robesā€¦ a blurred figure standing against the towering forms. Fire raining down bombs exploding the towering forms falling. Death and destruction following as the seas raged and rains flooded, lighting struck violently and the winds picked up to devastating speeds. The world was plunged into apocalypse as the world fell into chaos. Innocence died as the innocent fell from the evilā€™s deeds. To strike down the godsā€¦ was to strike down ourselves.

Nectranis panted heavily as the visions of a dying world passed. His hands were coated in blood from his hands reflexively digging into his scalp as the dreams tormented his flesh through the wounds they inflicted upon his mind.
He rose to his feet he felt the contact and yetā€¦ not the warmth it brought on most occasions. He held Dophia tightly in his arms now yet it felt empty. He knew his promises were liesā€¦ that one day his words of hope would wound herā€¦ wound her in such a way no blade nor cudgel could hope to match is sting. The jagged serrated edge of heart break and shattered innocence. The feeling he felt as his mother was killed because he wasnā€™t strong enough to protect her. It had ripped the air from his lungs. Stolen his heart and crushed his dreams underfoot. It had made him a shell of his former self for months. Doubt poisoned his every thoughtā€¦ indecision struck him with ire unseen. He felt every pore of his body burn with shame and rage. He felt weightedā€¦ his troubles building up on his buckling shoulders. Every breath getting harderā€¦ and once taken forced out by a fist of horrid nightmares. Noā€¦ he couldnā€™tā€¦ he wouldnā€™t make her feel these things he felt. He would bear the weight of both of their troublesā€¦ even if it killed him. He sighed staring into her eyesā€¦ they reminded him of the great bodies of water that evaporated in his visions.

ā€œNectranisā€¦ you seemā€¦ distant lately. What troubles you?ā€ She tightened her embrace around him as if he would slip away and forever vanish into the darkness that was death. ā€œThe visionsā€¦ they have returned havenā€™t theyā€¦ā€
Tears began to run down her face. ā€œYou stopped performing the rituals Septriss instructed you on didnā€™t youā€¦ why go through this pain when you can do some simple act and rid yourself of it for an entire dayā€¦ you know I can not stand the pain you feelā€¦ā€

ā€œIt is naught to worry aboutā€¦ I shouldnā€™t hideā€¦ these visions show me our errsā€¦ our punishment for turning against the gods. The whips of our crime. If we avoid the scorn of our ill deeds how can we learnā€¦ how can we prevent it from happening againā€¦ if no one remembers what happened.ā€ he caressed her face with his hand, running his second through her golden locks. ā€œComeā€¦ Septriss will be worried if were out much longerā€¦ the sun prepares to cross the thresh hold of night my dearestā€¦ā€ He started leading her towards the worn hide tents sewn from the hides of many different animals. Patched so many times that it looked almost as if it was made that way. Nectranis stumbled as his foot collided with a hard object . He found this strangeā€¦ this area had always been flat. He stopped down to pick up a large tome with a binding as black as the very essence of darkness. Its pages crimson, he flipped through the pristine pages marked with golden letters. He felt drivenā€¦ his mind felt strange as he read groups of letters which formed words. It hurt his head as he readā€¦ he couldnā€™t understand itā€¦ he never learned -how- to readā€¦ and yet he was. He felt as if he was invincible wielding this black bound book. Its words made their own senseā€¦ each word held specific meaningā€¦ the and the were each unique in his psyche which unraveled the mystical text. His closed it before stalking off.

Dophia bit her lip as Nectranis ran off without her. Heā€¦ never left her alone out here before. She felt alone and scared out in the barren land devoid of life except for herself. A deep loneliness started to well up as tears ran down her checks. She began to run after him fear not for her self but for Nectranisā€¦ she hoped the book was not of the evil lies the once government spewed in such a way that it changed good men foul. The vile painted words of propaganda and villainy of political lies. She walked slowly back towards the encampment at its threshold the towering figure of Septriss greeted her.

ā€œWhatā€¦ is wrong? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen you and Nectranis apart since you two metā€¦ā€ He placed a hand on her small shoulder, compared to his own, he patted her softly like a father would. ā€œ I hope you two did not get into a fight. Thoughā€¦ I am worriedā€¦ why he would be holding a book as if it was a childā€¦ few can readā€¦ andā€¦ paper doesnā€™t last that longā€¦ you two didnā€™t enter the sub-terrain ruins did youā€¦ā€ he glanced towards Dophia as she shook her hair, which shimmered as it bounced around on her head.

ā€œWe did not go anywhere near them.. He found it sticking out of the barren plainsā€¦ā€

ā€œI seeā€¦ paper doesnā€™t survive that long exposed to the elements like thatā€¦ I donā€™t like this one bitā€¦ā€ Septriss began to walk towards the young manā€™s tent to see what this book was all about. He pushed aside the curtain and sat down by the dark hair boy. ā€œWhat is are you thinking boyā€¦ donā€™t let a book stand between you and love.ā€ He scowled as Nectranis didnā€™t so much as look up as he spoke.

ā€œI have no choiceā€¦ Thisā€¦ speaks of a wayā€¦ to bring forth a new ageā€¦ destroy this empty shell of a world and bore it a new. I can keep the promise I made to herā€¦ Iā€™ll be able to give her a home where the land isnā€™t dead. I mustā€¦ do this for her.ā€

ā€œBoyā€¦ this isnā€™t the way to go about itā€¦ your making the love of your life feel isolatedā€¦ sheā€™s been at your side for eight yearsā€¦ and now you leave her with some fantasy bookā€¦ if you want to pursue itā€¦ donā€™t leave her out of itā€¦ she feels hurt.ā€

ā€œIā€¦ canā€™tā€¦ she is far to much of a distraction Septrissā€¦ I wonā€™t be able to focusā€¦ I wonā€™t be able to keep my promise.ā€ He gave a heart shuddering sigh. ā€œEither way I loseā€¦ I cause her pain now or laterā€¦ butā€¦ if I do thisā€¦ I can give her a happy ever afterā€¦ like the stories you read to us as children.ā€

ā€œDonā€™t get caught up in the happy ever afterā€¦ that you make the journey more costly then the reward. I would think you of all people would understand we werenā€™t meant to change this worldā€¦ we canā€™t command the world to change for usā€¦ we must change for it.ā€

Nectranis stood up rage building in his eyes. ā€œYou knowā€¦ for a man as old and supposedly wise as youā€¦ all you do is preach that we must changeā€¦ how much have we changed? What is the point when the world grows closer and closer to complete destruction. There is no point to fight for this worldā€¦ only to hope that we can build a new oneā€¦ one where we can survive.ā€ He shook his head. ā€œJustā€¦ leave meā€¦ I do not wish to speak any more to you.ā€ Septriss shook his head before turning on his heel.

ā€œIf you keep it bottled up insideā€¦ one day youā€™ll learn the true meaning of regretā€¦ and it will come with hand soiled in sinā€¦ā€ He walked forward knowing that trouble was brewingā€¦ and his people would feel the scorn of conflict. He looked around his dying peopleā€¦ he saw the blood that would be soon to run down their bodies. He looked at his hands which would soon feel foreign and baptized in the blood of his soon to be sin riddled soul. Childrenā€¦ scared by warā€¦ woman widowed by the scorn and desires of a single manā€¦ he silently swore heā€™d never let it get that farā€¦ heā€™d never let his people feel the long since forgotten tragedies of war.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm

you should be more than content. That was enjoyable to read cant wait to see what happens next.

Edit: Yes it is flattery but it is deserved flattery.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForestofFlames on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Magi and the Templars are the only ones that can use magic right? and would dru know of this and the fact that they obey the evil dude whos name starts with z?
DEATH SPOON (you'll understand when your older)

ForestofFlames
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:12 am

For the most part in humans Magi and Templar are the only playable classes that wields magic. However priests, clerics, and other religious types do have power over magic respectively linked to their gods. Their no playable due to the fact I havenā€™t flesh out my gods enough yet to have player clerics as they have to -strictly- follow the gods mandates, rules, and commandments. And getting into other races each race has their own rules of magic casting.

You would know Magi and Templar both have their own respective magic yesā€¦ and you would know that the Templar and most of the Magi do support him, there are out spoken Magi who do still hold loyalty to the rightful crown.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForestofFlames on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 am

sorry about not posting for days... i haven't been feeling well and i'v been constantly falling asleep

ForestofFlames
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:19 pm

It may be a little late now, but hope you get better soon.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 am

...Sin's not dead yet...the thing's still talking about making him feel pain...so he can't be dead yet...he's talking about killing Sin...but hasn't...from what I can tell...
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:59 am

After a hit like that however he might as well be dead. If hes not then at the very least he is no longer useful in this fight. That is however up to Raven. Someone however should take the crossbow that has already been loaded and shoot him in the back if he does become distracted.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Fair enough. don't know what good that would do, though...it didn't do anything but cause him pain whan Sin used it...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 am

Woah slight confusion on my part. The seals are good and usher in a world were evil is cleansed right? hmm i have to consider my next actions very carefully.

Another thing i do not understand is at the beginning of this Rp Sekivar had Nathaniel kill a brekka guarding a seal. Which seems to be counter productive to not wanting to break the seals and preserve them. I am seeing a lot of gray fog here. May i ask that a quick and short synopsis of events be made? Hopefully that will clear up most of the questions i have.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm

I canā€™t go to much in to the Seals with out revealing the main plotā€¦ but when one is broken it releases itself onto a target orā€¦ the secondary guardian which is their to prevent good people from screwing over the worldā€¦ by Nathaniel slaying the Brekka and breaking the Seal its power was no longer their for Sekivarā€™s enemies to take. Also as Nathaniel isnā€™t an actual servant of Sekivar he wouldnā€™t be suspected of having it. In other wordsā€¦ if he has one hidden awayā€¦ the Hawks canā€™t obtain all the seals.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Ok but just to be clear and make it black and white breaking all the seals would be a very bad thing correct?

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

yes... -very- bad.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Raven i could swear you can see into the future or read minds.
Going to see Chrico was one of the first things i was going to do.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny my future sight nor my mastery of psionics...

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 am

Now Presenting the Time line of Dophia. It is a little rough, and for this alone the Children of Eldis Sun are Daemons so you aren't confused by the demons who are the incarnate of sins.)

3000 P.I. (Pre-Infinitium) Nectranis brings forth the universe and his three creations Eldis Sun, Talcor, and the True Mother and then their creation of the gods and daemons.
2000 P.I. The first mortal is created.
1000 P.I. The first demon is spawned as sin is bornā€¦ the daemons are banished by the gods and mortals from the Prime Material Plane.
900 P.I. The War of Iconous begins as the dragons lead by Iconous face the elves lead by Minro the White and Corta of the Plague. The Empire of the Black Veil(Septrinians) dominates the realm.
500 P.I. The first Dragon Stone Elf is created, the Iconous War ends. Zatolen lays waste to the first Dragon Stone Elf.
200 P.I. The second Dragon Stone Elf is born.
10 P.I. Nihā€™varith Coprithissmalith(Elven first name Draconic last name) Take control of the White Flag Empire(Humans), The Great Chronicles are written, The Empire of the Black Veil collapses.

/ten year pass/

0 D.S.(During the Slaughter) Nihā€™Varith finishes his conquest of the provinces of the Black Veil Empire, effectively dominating the realm. Mass Ethnic cleansing begins.
10 D.S. Ethnic Cleansing reaches peak, over a thousand non-humans die daily.
20 D.S. Ethnic Cleansing ends, all races have submitted to the new world order.

/one year pass/

0 I.E. (Infinitium Empire) The Infinitum Empire is formed under Nihā€™Varithā€™s iron fist.
2500 I.E. Nihā€™Varith is slain by his mistress in his own bed room. The Infinitum Empire begins itsā€™ collapse.
3000 I.E The Infinitium Empireā€™s last province becomes free sovereign, the Infinitium Capital is razed

/forty year pass/

10 T.D. (Tales of Dophia) The Akira descend from the sky bringing forth peace and prosperity.
90 T.D. Cearis is banished from the Akiraā€™s ranks.
110 T.D. Cearis begins his war against the Akiraā€™s Knights of the Phoenix, with the aid of his fallen Akira the Raven Knights.
114 T.D. The Knights of the Falcon(Elven Elite Knight order) is defeated in a final effort to save the Knights of Phoenixā€™s leader, Azulu.
120 T.D. The Slaughter of Darkness occurs, Cearis finishes the Knightsā€™ of Phoenix and with his mortal allies slaughters his own Raven Knights.
140 T.D. Araka and company set out to stop the vial tyrant with what remains of Cearisā€™ enemies.
142 T.D. Araka slays Cearis with the Sword of Silver Flame (Epic Holy Sword)
1600 T.D. Araka Succumbs to the Taint of Cearisā€™ vile soul. The Black Shield Empire and the Droā€™vic(Dragon Riders) are born
1800 T.D. The Black Shield Empire commits genocide against the Droā€™Vic.
1960 T.D. The last known Droā€™Vic falls to The Wilting Moon(The Black Shield Empireā€™s Queen)
2000 T.D. The Black Shield Empire crumbles.
6043 T.D. The Reptillian war is raged between the Humanic Empire and the Tythens.
6045 T.D. Dolith is slain by Slytheric assassins before he can full fill his goal of cleansing all evil by releasing the Eldar Daemons.
6140 T.D. The Crimson Shroud Empire rises under the new vampire lord Areon Hawk, The Purge begins, the Elven race is driven to near extinction with only a handful remaining. The Black Elves successfully take over the White Elfā€™s lands.
6145 T.D. The Crimson Shroud Empire ends with Areonā€™s death by the hands of Sin and Minro, Areon Deals Sin a mortal wound, and with his dying breath Sin slays his fell brother.
6140 T.D. Mino dies, and thus the White elves are final extinct.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Wow you have put massive amounts of thought into this. So by this time line we are in 6043 T.D correct? I wonder how much of an impact do our characters make? hmm well recent events lead me to believe that your wrote this up already with our interaction in the world........ you future seer....

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!