Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cyberpunk Detective Roleplay

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Cyberpunk Detective Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey guys you can call me Vin.

I am looking for folks interested in joining a cyberpunk roleplay that I am GMing, which is called Lumaire Nights Remixed. The keywords for cyberpunk is high tech low life.

It is a reboot of a previous roleplay by the same name, as I've yet to run a successful cyberpunk rp. This one works a little bit differently than others that you may be used to.

First, your character will be a detective for the Lumaire Special Police's Major Crimes Unit. As an officer, your character is part of the "establishment" which is often the antagonist in the genre. However, the rise of corporate armies, budget cuts, and purges pretty much make the LSP complete underdogs.

Villains will range from cyborgs to hackers to corrupt politicians and etc.

Second, the focus is more on collaboration, storytelling, and long posts. The game progresses through a mission based system. I have questgiver NPCs that give out missions, and you write out how your character succeeded or failed to complete their mission. Then I write an epilogue that details how the outcomes affected the surrounding setting, pushing forward the plot, and continuing with another round of jobs.

Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm currently looking for 3 or 4 people to begin this with.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, come check our OOC or pm me.

roleplay/lumaire-nights-remixed

edit: Changing the title of the ad, it's not just cops but detectives.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Cyberpunk Detective Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Giving this a bump. Could use 2 or 3 more folks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 am

Still looking for people, Vin?
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 am

i was wondering as well

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Didn't expect anyone to post here, I was about to forget this thread entirely.

I'm not so much as "looking" anymore, but just open. You guys can check the page out, and if you want, submit a character.

Also, I guess now would be a good time, I'm looking for a co-GM.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:45 am

dang, this website has been going down in activity and traffic, lately, it seems. The RP I'm in now is dying or is dead and I don't know it yet. So i've been looking for something else. and i love sci-fi as a genre. But I'd like to know if this is going to have any chance of starting up before i submit a character sheet. lately, RPs i've been joining have been dying before they even start and it's rather disheartening when I see that after spending a long time developing a character for it. so unless the character sheet is pretty simplified then I am kinda hesitant on making CSs now.

I've only co-GM'd one other time and it was a while ago for another RP that died. So I don't know what experience or qualities you're looking for.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Yeah, we've already started, so you probably don't need to worry about that part. I've got a solid group of players so far, they seem pretty excited.

As for character sheets, the one I put is pretty simple. Though the example I have is probably not the best, but it's pretty bare bones, open-source. Customize at your own pace.

The call for co-GM is separate, I'm still open to player characters, maybe one or two others.

For co-GM I'm looking for someone who is communicative and organized, able to keep track of various plot threads and non-player characters. Someone who can pick up the slack whenever something happens to me like holiday, travel, work, school, or family related in real life demands.

If you intend to co-GM, your character will pretty much be an NPC, used by anyone/everyone whenever they need.

Come check us out.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:39 pm

ah, well, seeing as I really want to RP i guess I'll be doing that. I'll be looking, in depth, at the RP again once I get off from work tonight. (I looked through it once before a few weeks ago when it caught my attention back then but was busy with another RP back then) Hopefully, I can have a CS submitted in the very near future!

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Giving this a bump for any interested folks. We're still open to another player and possibly a co-GM.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!