Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey Iowa! How've you been? Having you as partner is actually making me more excited for this battle :) It should be interesting to see how far we've grown since our last battle.

oh, and dark, I'm guessing post order is now you, iowa, twilight, then me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Iowa joined last, even though he's replacing lucid.

Me, you Twilight, iowa

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Wed May 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Name: Terrance Blain
Weight: 155 lbs
Height: 5'6
Class: Rouge/Alchemist
Race: Human

Appearance: A dark skinned man with a mean looking snarl on his face. His bald head is smooth and is bordered by a thick, unkept black beard. He wears a variety of tools and instruments on his leather belt. A thick, pale green jacket covers his brown tunic. His cargo pants appear to carry additional items and the black, leather boots suit him ready for the outdoors.

Weapons: Compound Crossbow, 5 normal bolts, 3 blunted bolts, four spear throwing knives, 25" blade arming sword

Armor: 10" diameter buckler on left arm

Skills: A man of dexterity and who prides himself with his vision. His hand to eye coordination is top notch which makes him a fairly good aim and makes his reflexes something to be feared.

Alchemy: Terrance carries on his person a variety of small orbs. The substance inside these orbs are concoctions of Terrance's own design. He then gets them protected and stored by various magicians so that they can be used properly by Terrance and without fear of them detonating early. Inside the spheres are a variety of different volatile mixtures that can cover a small radius of roughly five to eight feet depending on the conditions. The results range from bright flashes, explosions, sudden growth in vegetation, ex. Terrance has three bolts which are blunted and can be used to attach his orbs.

List of Orbs:
Liquid Flame (Napalm)
Explosion (Grenade)
Flare
Smoke Screen
Growth (Vegetation only)
Stone (Solidifies a non-living object into stone)
Acid (1 turn through leather, clothing, skin, 2 turns through metal)
Wind Burst
Drench (Releases a large amount of water despite small size)
Freeze (Freezes water that is in contact with each other)

**END**

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

I guess it is right for me to assume that the match is not over until both parties of a team are dead.

Teams can interfere with anyone right? For example, Dark attacks Iowa, Iowa blocks Dark, Twilight attacks Iowa, Souloe protects Iowa. Or, Iowa does not block dark and charges, can Souloe protect against either attack, both, or what?

Also, the setting is a colosseum type arena with spectators? Will anyone know each other or are we just random combatants thrown together?
Last edited by iowa90 on Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
"Truth be told... I couldn't lay a finger on the man."

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed May 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Iowa, if that is everything you want to have for alchemy then you are fine and your sheet is accepted. However as it is written you will only have: bright flashes, explosions, and sudden growths in vegetation. If you want additional alchemy abilities, add and expose them now before the fight starts. Once the fight begins that will be all you are allowed to use.

As far as teams interfering with each other, Yes it can happen. actions concerning your character much be addressed in your next post unless the action is interrupted by your teammate.

a few examples:

Dark attacks Iowa, Iowa blocks Dark, Twilight attacks Iowa, Souloe protects Iowa. Dark attacks Iowa again. This could happen. In Iowa's next post, he does not have to respond to twilight's attack as souloe has protected against it (note Souloe must have completely protected against the attack for Iowa not to have to acknowledge it). Iowa is only forced to defend against the second attack on him by Dark.

Twilight attacks Iowa, Souloe does nothing, Dark attacks Iowa.------------In this instance, Iowa would have to defend against both attacks as reasonably as possible in his next post. He has two attacks coming at him and must account for both attacks in his next post.

Match would not be over until both members of a party are either dead, withdraw or are otherwise incapacitated.

I'll open up the battle thread tomorrow, Good luck to both of you.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Twilight you're going to die a horrible horrible death if you've deserted this.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:31 am

Hey, just a heads up. I'll be out of town for a few days in a few days. If I can get a post in before I leave then I can probably make it back in time for my next post. otherwise... I apologize for my absence and possibly my delayed posts.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Iowa, a bit of clarification on your post. I think you're trying to say you're moving to (your) left instead of the right. I assume you're trying to keep distance from Claire, and not moving towards her.

As you wrote it, Terrance moves to the right (assuming his right), pulls out his crossbow and fires a shot at Archibald. As he does all this he's continuing to move right (towards Claire).

Is my assumption correct? Or did you really mean to move right?

Souloe, i'll have a post up when i get a response from Iowa. How soon do you leave?

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm

No i edited mine accordingly. I just had my directions mixed up which is what I get for not rereading your post.

EDIT::

Also, I am not longer running. I am not so skilled as to shoot with one hand while I run. I just moved locations so I could get a better shot without threat of hitting Souloe. Any other questions?

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Nope, got it. Thanks.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm leaving in less than 48 hours but I'll try my best to get my post up before then

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:06 am

I take it you're back souloe? If so I'll have a post up relatively shortly.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:20 am

ah, yes I'm back. Sorry for any inconvenience. Its good to be back. How've you guys been?

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:12 am

It's been pretty good on my end. Gearing up for a vacation of my own at the end of this week. I'll be gone Friday through Monday (beach yay!). I'll do my best to get a post in before i leave assuming we get that far by Thursday night.

On another note, I talked to twilight about the note he made close to the end of his last post. How he noted your claymore "is just within his range of manipulation of twenty five feet." Consider that point of his post void. He had forgotten Archibald was limited to only being able to manipulate metal he can touch.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm too used to powered combat haha. But that's why I'm starting to fight more UM.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 am

oh nice! well, I hope you enjoy yourself then :D

and yup, more practice is always good. :) Careful of the distance

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 pm

George said you killed my char that I spent like 5 seconds making so I'll make a death post (that's new) and gg out.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:32 pm

ah that. Iowa also brought it to my attention. I've been wondering for a while now how to do these posts and I'm not sure I've found a method that I'm comfortable with quite yet. If say, like this instance, a foe simply runs into my sword...(albeit not intentionally) do I just post directly that he ran it through and detail what the logical natural consequences are? Or is there a better way of doing this? Just thought I'd throw it out there since I'm not entirely sure...

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:00 pm

souloe wrote:ah that. Iowa also brought it to my attention. I've been wondering for a while now how to do these posts and I'm not sure I've found a method that I'm comfortable with quite yet. If say, like this instance, a foe simply runs into my sword...(albeit not intentionally) do I just post directly that he ran it through and detail what the logical natural consequences are? Or is there a better way of doing this? Just thought I'd throw it out there since I'm not entirely sure...

Generally, the person that dies gets one last normal(ish) post, and it's usually considered honorable to their character to at least partially accept their actions (ie if they make a suicidal attack you get kinda hit by it), although you don't have to.

And then they die lol.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 pm

I see. So if you use a kami-kazi attack in your next post I'm supposed to just take damage regardless of what you do? Interesting proposal. I can't guarantee I'll take everything you throw at me but... if it's for the sake of good sportsmanship, I can let myself be a little naive :)

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Iowa, you still around? I really don't want to close post you.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!