Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 pm

I would be going left facing away from the smoke. My intentions at the time was for me and Souloe to be on either side of you so I was moving away from him. I probably only made it a couple steps.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
"Truth be told... I couldn't lay a finger on the man."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Then my back would indeed be facing Animus and I was in error. Sorry Souloe, I had thought Terrance was moving the opposite direction, thus the difference in viewpoints.

Would you both be fine with me editing my last post appropriately then, followed by Souloe editing his if he needs to fix anything before continuing?

Or are you fine with letting things happen as they are?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:34 pm

I really have no conflict in this. I was fine with the way things were proceeding cause I knew what MY character was doing and positioned. I am sorry if that messed up some of you and please let me know if I need to explain my posts in more detail in the future. What needs to be edited is completely up to yall so let me know what it is ok for me to continue.

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 am

Hey, no worries. And I don't mind just continuing as is. Looking forward to your next moves. :)

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Couple things before we start back up, I just wanna be sure of my positioning and damage.

1. Claire would now be kneeling somewhere up and to the left of Terrance's shoulder, and to the right of Animus.
2. She managed to avoid the original somersault meteor, due to her speed, but now has the bouncing technique to deal with.
3. Before we start up another round of OOC problems, Souloe, you alluded to the shield taking the full brunt of the shock. You are aware a three turn prep will go through a one turn defense? The shield will take the killing edge off the shock, as well as some of the power, but the shock itself would still go though. It would just be weaker then when it was launched.

Other then that I think you can post now Iowa.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Souloe, You don't have an ankle axe. I understand the defense of shifting your legs' positioning to cause the ankle to hit Claire's elbow joint, but without an ankle axe, Which is not mentioned in your character submission sheet, Animus can't chop through her arm.

Souloe wrote:The sabatons are given an almost ax like blade attached roughly where the calves are.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:48 am

hmmm? Ankle Ax is just a name I use; not a perfect reflection of the actual weapon. The ax like blades are attached at where the calves are. If there was confusion due to my naming preference then it would be my fault and I apologize.

Otherwise... you said "just below Animus' calf blade" no? And below would mean altitude. If the ax is coming down and you are below then the ax will cut no?

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 am

Just below meaning leg wise, not under the calf blade

*edit* for further clarification if it's necessary, between the calf blade and the ankle on Animus' leg.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm

hmmm *insert mischievous eye* ... I wonder if I should accept that change/correction now that two turns has passed already...

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Considering I accepted your edit in of a dodge last turn, which was not in the original post and I did not confirm you could edit in - (An error on your end which if left as it was would have probably killed or severely injured Animus). I think you can make due with correcting a misinterpretation on a wording that can be taken two different ways.

Otherwise, I'll just concede the fight. I'm already fighting shorthanded with a worthless partner. And quite frankly It's incredibly frustrating to have to explain every move in detail OOC, when the IC movements should be clear enough. From the context it should be obvious that I'm trying to stab your leg, not your blade. I can intentionally misinterpret actions made from your character each turn to chop limbs off and make away with a shallow victory, but that is neither the point or the function of this battle. I would like to enjoy it, I would like to spar. Because of this, I have avoided taking these actions. If you had a question about the positioning of the blade you can always pm me, I have no problem explaining what actions my character took if you can't understand them, or they don't look right from the IC perspective. (trying to stab a slashing axe is mentally inept)

I would like to enjoy this battle without having to have a full length discussion after each post. From what you posted earlier, I assume you would as well. As such I ask you to consider the actual attack that was made, and respond to that.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 am

HAHA!!! Very GOOD response!! I LIKE it!!

Point taken. Correction Accepted. Give me some time I will make changes. Not today though I'm super tired.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!