Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

This will be an open 2v2 UM fight Verses Twilightshade and myself.

The first two interested people may sign up.

Rules: T1 combat system.
Discussions over attack validity will be discussed over PM first, if no compromise can be reached a judge's ruling will be sought out.
No godmodding and fair play is expected.
Post response limit is 3 days per person.
Healing is not allowed
This is UM, so submit characters accordingly.
Please post your character in this thread.

Setting:
The setting is to take place in the ancient Roman Colosseum. Spectators are crowded in for the show, and the emperor himself is in attendance.

I will be using Claire Wilder.

darkmanticorex2 wrote:Name: Claire Wilder
* Mode of Combat: Wing Chun, though Claire has adapted the style to work with her weapons
* Birthday: July 14th
* Height: 5’8
* Weight: 142 lbs
Measurements:
* Birthplace: Ontario, Canada

Female
5’8
Straight, shoulder length black hair, brown eyes

Claire all too familiarly wears a black cameo, with an army green jacket. The jacket is rarely buttoned, and it is much too big for her, hanging just below her thighs. For lower attire, Claire tends to wear a rather formfitting black pair of jeans, and a pair of lightly worn Adidas running shoes.

Crisscrossing her small busted chest, Claire wears a double bandoleer of assorted knives. Each bandoleer holds eight knives, which vary in purpose. All of them except the “Iron Knuckle” knives have the same size blade, and can hold a charge from her hip holsters.

Among these sixteen assorted knives are the following:
Ten are all purpose throwing knives, with short handles and rubberized rings at the base of the knife for instant throwing capacity at the flick of a wrist.

One linked set of two knives on either end are known as “Chain linked Knives”. These knives connected at the base by a 10 foot light weight metal chain, which can conduct electricity. Two insulated handholds reside on either end of the chain, connected to the holster of either knife.

Two are “Discharge Knives”. These knives are able to store electricity from Claire’s holsters, and discharge it at the press of a small button near the handle. Depending on the charge, the discharge from the knives can reach out a maximum of 15 feet (3 charges, 5 feet per charge)

The two remaining knives are “Iron knuckle” knives. These 13 inch blades are her primary knives, instead of a plain handle, they have slots for the fingers to grasp, overlayed with spikes, making the weapons a dual threat. They can slash and cut, and add extra power to punches.

Residing on either hip, usually obscured by the green army jacket are two specialized knife holsters. The holsters can hold one normal sized knife apiece. The holsters can hold electrical charges for the course of the fight, though the reserves deplete the more they are used. Each holster carries six charges. When a knife is locked into the holster it will be charged with electricity, and the longer the knife resides in the holster the more powerful the charge becomes.

While Claire does not possess amazing feats of strength, her agility and speed are not to be taken lightly. She can reach speeds of thirty two miles per hour in short bursts of fifty meters. She is extremely balanced, due to her Wing Chun fighting style, and though not powerful, she uses her enemy’s momentum against them to throw them off balance. Finally, Claire’s reflexes are above normal. She typically has no problem evading thrown attacks at a range greater then ten feet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Re: DarkManticoreX2 & TwilightShade VS ??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Warning: This is the longest profile you will ever read.

Name: Archibald
Species/Race: Human

Power: Ability to morph metals to different shapes.

Equipment: Chain Mail on torso.

Titanium armor, custom made to fit from his fingers to his shoulder on right arm. Can attach to Chain Mail.

Height: 5'11
Weight: 170 lbs (without armor)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm completely new to this, but I have an overactive imagination that needs some sort of release. This is a character I came up with a couple of days ago. I'm gonna post his bio in an hour or so after I finish working out the kinks.

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Thu May 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Name:Ezekiel Bane
* Mode of Combat: assassin
* Birthday: May 12th (Taurus)
* Height: 6'2
* Weight: 170 lbs
* Birthplace: somewhere in Europe...else...unknown
* Species: Water Faerie
* Ability: water manipulation

He dawns a white hoodie and a black mask that blends in with the shadow of the hood over his own face. If you look closely, you can see the strange glowing eyes of the assassin, but only those that are near death have ever been close enough to see them...Beneath the mask, he has white hair that just touches the collar of his shirt.

on both hips, has has concealed daggers with rubber and heat resistant handles, and in his back pocket he has 10 needles of varying purposes

His main weapon, however, is his trusty shotgun, and only when that fails does he resort to his dirty assassin mentality.

...also, when water moves at extremely high speeds, it acts as hard as a solid

He is known for never showing mercy on the battlefield, and never wasting a second of his time. Because, after all, time is money.

The silent killer makes his way onto the battlefield

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

So do I just check this forum daily, or am I gonna get a message in my inbox or something? Like I said, I'm new.

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 pm

OOC: You check the thread manually (at least once each day for good habit) and see if it's your turn to post. You should wait for another challenger though, as this is a 2v2.

You should remove the shotgun from your character, as guns are frowned upon in the majority of the role playing community. Furthermore, as this battle is open profile, we'll need to know what your darts do. The rule against Meta-gaming prevents us from using such knowledge in battle, unless our characters can logically figure it out.

Also, to what extent is your water manipulation power? How good is it? What are the specifics of the ability?

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Fri May 06, 2011 11:31 am

Wow...I feel like you are a really experienced fighter. Ok i'll post all of the specifics later on, and I'll make sure to check this forum daily.

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Fri May 06, 2011 2:17 pm

My character has officially renounced his customized shotgun. Instead, he will wear a pair of white gloves with the golden symbol of his clan on the back. The needles are ordinary six inch long needles dipped in poison safely tucked away in his back pocket.

As for the water ability, it is simply a power based on the rules of attraction. In essence, Zeke can cause any inanimate object that he has previously touched to attract water(yes that includes water vapor). For example, he can cover his daggers with the pure nonconductive water in the air, and he can attract water vapor to certain objects to create a sort of mist. His power worksas sort of a switch, so he only has to activate the ability near an object. Even if he walks away, the ability remains in effect until he deactivates it.

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid dragon on Fri May 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I meant to say that he has to have touched the object in order to activate his ability

lucid dragon
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Ok water abilities are fine, needles are fine, gloves are fine. There's an edit button that you can use to modify your posts, just for future reference. (Don't edit a post in a fight though, it's usually against the rules.)

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 am

Mind a template character? I haven't played for awhile so do pardon me if performance is less than optimal. Other than that... what did you mean by UM? Sorry I'm not as familiar with the term. Is it safe to assume that Twilight's metal manipulation is limited to his own wares? Or can he simply rip out calcium from our bodies for an instant KO? Don't mean any form of disrespect. Just thought I'd ask to make sure. Also curious about post order. Is it safe to assume we post in the order of registration except alternating post by team?

Name: Animus Miser
Height: 5"2'
Eye Color: Azure
Hair: Short unkempt caramel blonde
Race: Flame Elemental (Humanoid)
Appearance: Animus wears a simple white mask covering his face and leather clothing -shirt, pants- serving as light cloth armor. Over the lightweight design are four metal constructs known collectively as Blade Guards. (refer below) His frame is sturdy and his form, though not bulky, seems to suggest a considerable amount of training.

Ability:
Flame//Able to freely handle flame and heat at will consuming, manipulating, etc.
Magic//Also dabbled in magic arts able to manipulate mana and therefore able to cast spells. The majority of his spells are flame based at times calling even fire spirits to do his works. Though he does know some simple spells such as mana arrow, spell delay, spell synthesis, shielding, and otherwise a few support spells.

Armor: Animus carries a four piece set for armor. They are... Gauntlets reaching to the elbows + Sabatons reaching to the knee. The gauntlets are given a linear blade pointing backwards towards and just past the shoulders beginning at the wrist. The sabatons are given an almost ax like blade attached roughly where the calves ares.

Main Weapon: solid metal nail bats (x2)
Side Arms: Metal Pellets

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Fri May 20, 2011 2:55 pm

UM is unrealistic melee. Take a basic human vs human fight and add in very very light powers. Twilight's metal manipulation would be limited to what he carries with him, along with any easily accessible pieces of metal lying around (no he can't peel metal from bodies unless your character is specifically made out of metal)

For instance fire manipulation is fine as long as it is limited to simple spells (small fireballs, flame fists and the like). Summoning a 10x10 dome of fire would be an example of being too powerful, as it would instantly burn any one of us to death. Usually the powers are limited in some way by number of casts or what can be used to manipulate. (see how claire's electricity powers are limited to 10 charges, and archibald can only change metal that is already available to him). I recommend finding a way to limit your spellcasting in some fashion.

UM is more melee with basic spell support. If your charachter is going to be a pro mage, able to draw mana from the air to cast spells, then he should suffer in hand to hand combat. IE, probably not able to duel wield 2 solid metal bats.

Turns would be
Me, lucid, twilight, you assuming lucid is still around.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Understood. UM being mostly melee; metal bending limited to his own wares; electricity has ten shots. Okay. How's this? I removed his magic ability, and choose melee combat instead.

Name: Animus Miser
Height: 5"2'
Eye Color: Azure
Hair: Short unkempt caramel blonde
Appearance: Animus wears a simple white mask covering his face and leather clothing -shirt, pants- serving as light cloth armor. Over the lightweight design are four metal constructs known collectively as Blade Guards. (refer below) His frame is sturdy and his form, though not bulky, seems to suggest a considerable amount of training.

Ability: Though he has only a tiny fragment of his master's art, Miser's training in the Onizan focuses on the principles of waves and manipulation of chi utilizing the pair for various forms of strengthening as well as the basis of his combat style.

Armor: Animus carries a four piece set for armor. They are... Gauntlets reaching to the elbows + Sabatons reaching to the knee. The gauntlets are given a linear blade pointing backwards towards and just past the shoulders beginning at the wrist. The sabatons are given an almost ax like blade attached roughly where the calves ares.

Main Weapon: Claymore
Side Arm: Round Shield

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Fri May 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Perfectly fine.

Could you define your strengthening ability a bit? I assume it's a similar concept to the one you used on Devonshka in the previous GR (allowing you to match up to a certain strength), but what does it strengthen, can you cast it on your ally etc etc. What are the parameters of the ability.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Sure. If say chi was channeled into the Claymore, per say, the blade would be more durable and have an increase in attack power. If it was to say the feet, a quick burst of speed. If coated around the body then increase defense and resistance to damage. etc. As for the magnitude of stat increase if I coat the entire body with chi... perhaps I should let you decide. I'm not a very good judge of acceptable strength. After reflecting over my mistakes then, I intend to use this ability differently than I did in GT.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 am

Souloe, I think by that definition you will easily be the most strength-wise powerful character in this fight. Agility wise I think Claire might still be faster at top speed in a foot race. I think those would be good presets for maximum power level for your chi channeling.

As it is, while chi channeling i think these would be good ceilings:

You're allowed increased attack power/ powerful blows capable of breaking through everything but the best defenses while channeling chi into your sword.

When channeling into your feet a max speed of 27ish MPH, about equal with Ussain Bolt's Olympic sprint time. (this should not be sustainable for more then a few seconds. Short bursts of 100 meters would be the max and you should be winded after that long of a sprint. Shorter sprints = less exhaustion)

When channeling into your body for increased defenses I don't feel the need to place any significant restrictions. I personally feel like chi would function as a better defense against any type of bludgeoning damage (punches, kicks, falls, blunt objects) as opposed to piercing and slashing damage caused by sharp objects. A stab to the heart should be equally critical weather or not chi is being channeled into defenses. Dulling the pain sensation through use of chi is also fine, but you're expected not to ignore the loss of physical function that would come with being stabbed in the upper thigh for example. You might still be able to stand, but it is unlikely you can put weight on the stabbed leg. As such walking would be hard, running nigh impossible.

This should be all you are able to do with your chi, as your profile is listed. That means no channeling into your arms for quicker swings with the claymore, no sped up kicks, elbows, blade-guard slashes or the like.

If these limits are acceptable please let us know and I'll go about hunting down lucid dragon for our 2v2 bout to begin. Expect the fight thread to be put up as soon as I hear from him.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sun May 22, 2011 3:23 am

hmmm. Interesting. To be honest I've always fancied speed more than strength as is the design of my fighting style. That and I don't really like how my usage method of chi is so restricted. For one thing, other than strengthening, it is used also "as basis for his combat style". To be forced to play out of my style will really handicap me. But... I guess if you're okay with me playing as such then I can try to make do. It'll be both interesting and challenging to see how long I can last with these parameters. Good learning experience for me i would think. =D

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 pm

It's our first time trying out UM too so it'll be a good learning experience the whole way around.

That said

Still looking for one more combatant

Lucid dragon has been inactive since the 8th

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 pm

I accept. Give me a day or so to create a suitable character.

Hello Souloe, it will be interesting to fight along side you.

EDIT: Are non human characters allowed?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
"Truth be told... I couldn't lay a finger on the man."

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am

iowa90 wrote:I accept. Give me a day or so to create a suitable character.

Hello Souloe, it will be interesting to fight along side you.

EDIT: Are non human characters allowed?

Yes, as long as they are suitably UM tier.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!