Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Demon hunter Academy OOC/signup

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Demon hunter Academy OOC/signup

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 am

( hope you all like this idea.) ( and please give me feedback on it if you don't mind.)

IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/demon-hunter-academy-t42509.html

In the 14th century, a world wide phenomenon happened that changed the world forever. On the day of the turn of the century an unknown mass blocked out the sun blanketing the world in total darkness. It was this day that the warrior demon known as Odin showed himself to the world, he came like a thief in the night wreaking devastation upon the lands before anyone even knew he was there. The kings, queens, emperors and all other rulers of the lands could do nothing, but hope they would be sparred, their prayers wouldn’t have been answered if it wasn’t for an unknown warrior who legend says descended from the heavens to defeat Odin and bring back the sun. Little is known of who the warrior was or where he went, but what is known is that he went to all of the different rulers of every land and he told them Odin would one day return and in order to stop him they had to come together and create a place to train young warriors to fight the evil demon. The rulers listened and did as they were told; the academy for demon hunters was created.

7 centuries have passed since the day the academy was started, the academy is still waiting for Odin’s return, but he hasn’t made an appearance, only Odin’s minions have shown themselves to the world. The academy has set their focus on stopping Odin’s minions and then someday destroying Odin. Only those with true skill and promise make it into the academy, those who can’t cut it in the school have their memories erased and are sent to live normal lives. Odin’s minions have started appearing more frequently recently and the need for more academy students is high.
So where will you fit into all of this?

The Academy- The academy’s exact location is unknown. But it is covered by a dense forest and is surrounded by a large body of water. The academy has classes based on a student’s style of fighting.

Style-
(If you want a style that’s not here pm me about it and we can see if we can fit it in.)

Warrior- users of bladed weapons, shields, and sometimes heavy armor
Mage- users of offensive magic ranging from elemental to summoning
Fighter- users of the body, they use their hands and feet as weapons.
Thief- users of trickery, they use the dark to their advantage
Priest- users of defensive magic ranging from healing to enhancing
Gunner/ archer- users of long range weapons, some train with bullets, will some train with arrows.
Engineer- users of science and technology, they can create something new from something old, and some can make machines.

Races- (if you want to make your own, pm me and tell me all about it and I’ll see if it will fit in.)

Human
Half-Vampire
Half-werewolf
Half-demon

Rules- No Godmoding, Romance is encouraged, but keep it Pg-13, anything higher than that should be posted vaguely or taken pm, Keep the cursing to a minimum a few words here and there is fine, but if the entire post is nothing but cursing then we have a problem. be respectful don't use this OOC as your playground to argue on. if you have an argument take it to pm. Don't kill anyone's character unless they say so, and i have to know that you were told it was ok. If you want to quit that's fine, but tell me first please. also don't leave after one or two post because you wouldn't have experienced the story. so please get into the story and if you don't like it, I wont have a problem with you leaving.

Skeleton
Name: (Just the first name is fine, but if you want a last go ahead.)
Appearance
Grade: (this is the grade your character is in, it goes from 1st to 4th, but everyone is a 1st year student.)
Style
Physical features :( things that aren’t in the picture, like height, weight, skinny or muscular things like that.)
Signature move/skill: (this is what makes your character different than anyone else with the same style. Try and be original with this, by that I mean don’t pick something someone already has. So if someone has something like Ex: Fighter who can use flaming fist. Then don’t pick that and find something else.)
Weapon: (only if your style allows for one or if you want one.)
Bio: (write this as if it was like a file of your character.)
Other: (you can put anything else her like personality, fears, dislikes. I would prefer to let it play out in the Rp, to make things more interesting.)

Accepted Characters:
Xavier Rhodes (Chris45)
Bobbi Collette (FallenBlu)
Elyssa Skye( Moonshadow)
Valentine (ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!)
Erio (Lycos)
Jacobi Sterllen (the fox without)
Lilly (FizzDjinn)
Aurelia (Aurelia ShadowBlood)

Character roles wanted, but not needed.
(Oh and if you want a role that you think will be good, pm me about it.)

Arrogant skilled person: (this person is very skilled with their abilities and knows it so they are arrogant and look down on everyone else.)
Ladies man: (this guy loves to talk to the girls; he is always seen talking to a girl.)
Beauty and the beast: (these two are a couple that comes from two different races. Preferably human or half vampire with half werewolf or half demon.)
The Siblings: (these two have a rivalry; one is always trying to be better than the other.)
Best friends: (kind of speaks for it’s self.)
Intelligent new girl: (this girl has the answers to pretty much everything; she is the smartest person in the 1st year class.)
Last edited by chris45 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Demon hunter Academy OOC/signup

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat May 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Name: Xavier Rhodes
Race: Half demon
Appearance:Image
Grade: 1st
Style: Mage
Physical features : Xavier is 5'10, he weighs about 145 pounds, his hair is dark green with a little blue in the back. His eyes are light blue. He isn't muscular, but he isn't weak either. He is somewhat average.
Signature move/skill: Quick elemental summoning- Xavier is able to summon elemental creatures to guard him in a split second, by just snapping his finger.
Bio: Xavier the son of Sheena Rhodes. father's identity is unknown. Xavier has lived with his mother his whole life. he hides his identity as a half demon from people.He has no friends because of this and he seems to be a sad and lonely person. He is a skilled mage, Xavier doesn't study, but he manages to do well anyway. Xavier is a interesting candidate for the academy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Name: Bobbi Collette
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Style: Priestess
Physical features: Bobbi is 5'8" and weighs 135 lbs. She is weak when it comes to offensive attacks, but she makes up for it with her knowledge of defenses and enhancements.
Signature move/skill: Is able to create knew defenses and enhancements.
Weapon: Bobbi carries a staff with her in case of emergencies.
Bio: Bobbi daughter of John Collette and Mary Collette. Bobbi has lived a comfortable life with both her parents and a younger brother. Is very trusting, perhaps a bit too trusting. She studies tirelessly, which has its own reprecussions, such as weakness during battles and becoming easily distracted. A knowledgeable canidate for the academy.
Last edited by FallenBlu on Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persona Roleplay We are still in need of a few people, some and join us. You can't go wrong with Persona. Roleplay created by Growlithe.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat May 15, 2010 4:58 pm

thank you for joining,everything looks good ^_^

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sat May 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Your welcome and I can't wait for the Rp to get started. ^^

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat May 15, 2010 8:24 pm

yea, hopefully this goes well. If you have any questions just let me know. ^_^

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 pm

depending on how fast this goes, I'd like to join. Would one post a day be fine, or are you planning on making this a fast paced RP. If IT's enough to keep up, I wanna do a gunner.
"Paraniod.Probably. But just because you can't see the invisible demon about to bite your face off, doesn't mean its not there."-Harry Dresden

the fox without
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun May 16, 2010 12:57 am

I'm planning on making it a little fast, but it wont be so fast that 1 or 2 post a day wont be enough, so go ahead and make your character whenever you want.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonshadow on Sun May 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Name: Elyssa Skye
Race: Human
Appearance
Style: Elemental Mage
Physical features : Short, slender and frail
Signature move/skill: Elemental Storm: She calls the elements together, fire, ice, earth, and lightening to create a spell of massive destruction. The downside is she is unable to cast for a while after that so it is normally a last resort
Weapon: None.
Bio: An orphan since age three she never knew or remembered her parents. She was raised in an orphanage and was never adopted. She was small and often teased. Yet she is still very positive. Her years in the orphanage made her strong and determined as well as giving her a will of steel. Friendly but a bit shy around others she was sent to the Demon Hunter Academy shortly after her fourteenth birthday.

Moonshadow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun May 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Good character, and thank you for joining ^_^

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs! on Sun May 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Name: Valentine
Race:Human(can be changed)
Appearance Image
Style: Priestess
Physical features: Valentine stands at 5'2 and weighs around 110 pounds. She has a crest on the base of her neck that marks her as a priestess. She is an excellent archer as well and can hit even a moving target. Valentine has dark brown and soft doe eyes.
Signature move/skill: Valentine is a priestess of herbs(healing) and energy awareness(seeing and sensing the energy of others)
Weapon: Bow and Arrow
Bio: Valentine was to a family of demon hunters who killed when she was just three. A priestess who knew both her parents took her in as her own raised her with the knowledge of healing. As she grew Valentine noticed she could almost fell other and read their energy before they were in her sight. Her "mother" recently sent her to the academy in hopes to better herself and serve for the cause.
Other: TBK
Last edited by ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs! on Mon May 17, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun May 16, 2010 10:01 pm

looks good ^_^ welcome to the rp and thank you for joining.

P.S.
I'm thinking of starting when we have about five people, but we can always start with the people we have and let others join later.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs! on Sun May 16, 2010 10:33 pm

it's up to you:)
I can double as a guy if needed.

ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sun May 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Personally, I'm all for starting the roleplay. But it's all up to you. I'm sure it won't take long before we get our fifth person, anyway. Not to mentin once the rp is up and running I'm sure that we'll get more players anyway.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lycos on Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 am

Name: Erio
Race: Half-Vampire
Style: Warrior
Physical features : Stands at 5'11" and weighs 165 pounds with an athletic build. He has dark green eyes and blondish brown hair.
Signature move/skill: Berserker mode. Sends Erio into a near unstoppable state. He becomes faster, stronger and regenerates quicker. It can only be achieved when he wields Genesis. During this state his eyes turn a blood red and a scar becomes visible on his face. The scar goes from his right eye down to his jawline, with another scar connecting to it and going over his nose to the left side of his face. The scar looks more like a cut as the more emotional he gets in battle, the more it starts to bleed. He can only sustain it for a few minutes, but it is definitely enough. Genesis also changes drastically. The blade becomes sharper, longer, and turns black in color. Erio refers to it as Revelations at that point.
Genesis:
Revelations:

Bio: Erio's birth origin is unknown, suspected to be of regal descent given his unique name. He grew up in an orphanage, his blood-line becoming apparent after several incidents and questions from the runners of the home. He was accepted into the academy out of a supposed act of kindness from the Headmaster. He seems to be a rather outgoing and humorous person, always being seen with a smile on his face.
All anyone wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car.

Lycos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 am

Name: Jacobi Sterllen
Race:Human
Appearance: Image
Grade: 1
Style: Gunner
Physical features : 5'8'' and about 125lbs, he has a very whip cord look to him. often carries an Italian breifcase containig his Dragunov and shotgun. Though he prefers to go around in a wifebeater and blue jeans, he doesn't mind wearing the ocasional suit. Has a utility belt containing various ammo and cleaning equipment, as well as silencers, scopes, and other such attachments to his guns.
Signature move/skill: Can increase the rate his mind processes information for up to 5 minutes, increasing his aim, reactions, and speed, as well as making everything around him seem to be going at 1/4 its natural speed.
Weapon:
Image Image Image Image Image
Bio: Son of Jessica Sterllen(Dead for 10 years) and Tony Sterllen(Currently serving life sentence in prison due to actions as hit man for the Anciolati Family). Was taught from the age of 5 how to hold a gun and drilled in thier use by his Protective father after the killing of his mother, cutting him off from the public. When the goverment brought down the Ancolatis 2 years ago, his father was taken into cutsdoy as well and had mulitple attacks on his life in prison from rival families. Jacobi himself has been floating around as a freelance gun, showing signs of promise from what has been recorded, using the money from said jobs to move from hotel to hotel, using the rest as bribe money to protect his father. Jacobi has recently been approached by the acadamey, initailly turning them down the first and second time, when a near miss on his fathers life conviced him to barter his service to the academy in return for the best protection and comforts they could provide his father. Suspicion of filtered demon blood in his family thourgh 3 or 4 generations to explain his ability to affect his own mind in such a way, but research into it so far is inconclusive.
Other: Seems at home in either the back alleys or at parties for the rich and famous. While he can Change his personality to fit whatever situation he is in, he is most often suprisingly quick to try and barge his way into the attention of anyone his is around long enough to make some sort of relationship, and can been seen as having a rather strong personality around others. Wether this is his true personaity or a ruse due to some sort of training from his father is to be seen.

the fox without
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

your both accepted ( sorry it took me so long to say that.) we can now start I'll have the IC up in a few minutes.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs! on Mon May 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Yay:)
and my picture isn't showing :(

ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Here is the IC (^_^) and if you got any questions just post them here on the OOC and I will answer them.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/demon-hunter-academy-t42509.html

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Hope you don't mind, I'm changing the personality of my character a bit, decided he would feel more natural to be more calculating than try to make him someone who trys to push his way into others.

the fox without
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!