Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:28 pm

What type of characters are allowed?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Any kind of character, as long as they don't have powers or aren't human.

To be completely clear: I want a human character who fits the profile on the first page. I would prefer if you'd stray away from master of every martial art or that type of thing. There are exceptions though, and if you make a character, I'll tell you if it's alright or not.

Don't worry about it though. I'm not too strict of a judge.
This is my song, and nothing can make it die. It's been so long, and it's stronger, I know why. And I wonder, if you really, really know? That as long as I live I will sing my song for you... ~ Labi Siffre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Ladies, Ladies, no need to drool! Eckhart has plenty of saliva to spread around (LOL jk)

thanks Hejin! I used to play that game all the time too! Not to mention i liked the game cause the main characters were native for once(Heh Heh Heh)

lol

I'm working on my IC post right now, hopefully it will be up to par.

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Question: Are we going with any particular theme for the Walkers? When I came up with the concept for Isaac's it was just Hejin's, before he named it as well, so I got the sense we were going with a sort of ancient god theme (it's probably really obvious what mine was inspired by). Are we going to keep with that?

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:39 pm

There's no real theme, to tell the truth. I like this whole ancient god thing, though. You can feel free to go with that, but if you want to base the Diesel Walker off something else, you can feel free. Like...perhaps one that's more of a four-legged beast rather than a humanoid robot. That's allowed to, as long as its not overpowered or anything.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I wanna be met by someone! and if you do, be prepared to be fed and mothered and nourished because she likes people! But if you want to hut her she'll do flips all over you with a sword >.>

Florenai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:08 pm

OO OO, Florenai, I wouldn't mind if Eckhart met your character. He would probably love to be mothered! haha.

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm

I hope this isn't going too slow or isn't too confusing for anyone. I realize we have a bunch of stories at once going on, and it will remain that way until people actually start meeting up.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 am

ok I will try to put up a characters 11/3/09 or 11/4/09 between those dates, I got a lot going on, DirecTV is coming out to hook up my service and I am applying for two jobs that I hope I get.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:37 am

Take your time. There is no rush. :)

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:37 am

Hejin, shall we add Diesel Feeders to the Lore page?

Also, you have a creepy-ass new icon.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 am

Not yet. I will signify you when the time is right.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 am

On another note, I should probably mention something important with people find Diesel Walkers and all these separate stories going on at once.

Every character is allowed to discover a Diesel Walker for themselves, but I will state now that it's not required for the RP. If you'd rather your character not have one, that is perfectly fine.

Now when the time comes that you find your Diesel Walker, I will allow quite a bit of creative control regarding its appearance and abilities. The basic specs of a Diesel Walker are described in the Lore thread, but otherwise, you can be as creative as you like with its specific design and special weapons.

The only rule of thumb is that as long as it isn't so powerful it's god-modding, then it's fine.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 pm

I'd like to just make another shout out to all those involved in the Diesel X RP.

As I said before, its fair game with your Diesel Walkers, as long as they are not over-powering. I can see that some people have made some with artificial intelligence, and that is perfectly fine. Rick's Walker, the Diesel Pharaoh, may or may not have intelligence, but nevertheless, I uphold the fact that all Diesel Walkers are unique.

I would like to warn all of you though. Whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT hint too much at the creators of the Diesel Walkers. That is a very important part of the story that will be elaborated on later by myself.

Just make sure you don't do that, and everything will be fine. :)

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Fictionata, you may have said it, and I just missed it, but what does your Walker actually look like? I know you gave height, but I'm having a hard time remembering anything else about it.

Also, not to sound picky, Florenai, but aren't geisha traditionally Japanese? I'm not getting down on you here, I honestly want to know if I'm wrong on this one.

Last thought: Should the individual Diesel Walkers get entries in the lore?

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah, you're right, Lord of Hats.

I'd like everyone to do me a favor. I want you to PM me as much as your CHARACTER knows about its Diesel Walker. As Lord of Hats mentioned, I want to have this information so I can update the reference thread accordingly.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Hejin: Are you putting me down for Althea Crow or for Thirteen?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Ah, I meant to change that. Thank you for reminding me. I'll do it now.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Thanks!

Also: These OOC threads KILL my words per post. XDD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:29 pm

See, the cure for that is to write ridiculously long IC posts. It all balances out in the end. Inflating your posts can also help. It can be kind of awkward, but if you make sure that it's still clear from beginning to end, you can get a lot more words than you would expect.

Man that was a long post. This RP seems to be full of them. I'd be greatly surprised if we were at less than 20000 words in the RP already.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!