Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:14 pm

All the posts seem to be long. Long and descriptive. I think that is more of a good thing, in my opinion. :D
This is my song, and nothing can make it die. It's been so long, and it's stronger, I know why. And I wonder, if you really, really know? That as long as I live I will sing my song for you... ~ Labi Siffre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Aw! Thirteen go ni' ni'!

lol.

I'll be back on Saturday!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Efx on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 am

Name: Kazuki "Efx" Nataga

Description: Kazuki is of Asian/Caucasian descent, 5’10” tall and weighs around 130 pounds. He has dark black hair and deep red eyes, but he can not see out of his right, which hinders his abilities with Diesel X firearms. He wears glasses, one of his most prized possessions, which would be near impossible to replace if broken. The right lens is scratched slightly from wear, and the frame is bent on the left arm just a bit. He wears a trench coat made of Red Hunter’s hide, given to him by his late father, a tank top and slightly baggy pants, with boots made from an Imperiasauras‘ own leg, which was found torn off, but still plenty intact.

Personality: Kazuki is very calm and tends to think things through before making a move, which can lead to over thinking. He doesn’t have great social skills, and at times makes mistakes choosing his words, but the last thing he wants to do is offend somebody.

Equipment: His father forged 2 Japanese style swords, a Katana and a Wakizashi, and left them for Kazuki after he passed away. He also carries a survival knife, strapped to his right boot, and a Diesel X pistol tucked inside his trench coat.

History: Kazuki was raised around Japan, the son of a swordsman. His small family included his father, his older sister, and himself, and they lived with a small tribe for most of Kazuki’s life. When he was 6, his father started to teach him Ryotojutsu, an ancient Japanese sword art that used both the Katana and Wakizashi at the same time. Time passed, and Kazuki learned all his father had to teach. In 2654, Kazuki’s father was ravaged by disease, and as the months passed he grew worse, until he finally passed away in 2655. He passed on his swords and trench coat to his son, and soon after Kazuki left the tribe, leaving his sister behind.

Sorry if it’s a little lacking, I haven’t RP’ed in about 2 and a half years. =)

Efx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:19 am

Lacking? That's fantastic! Your character is perfect for this RP, no doubt. Nice. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Efx on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 am

Awesome. I'm going to sleep now, though. I'll post after work tomorrow. =) G'night, and thanks for the suggestion, I might not have found your RP by myself.

Efx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:35 am

You are welcome. :)

On a more important note, there's something I'm telling everyone, and something that will be a rule from now on.

All Diesel Walkers can't be one thing. They cannot be sentient.

I am making this decision because a lot of the point of this RP was to have machines that weren't necessarily thinking on their own. Who knows if any of this will change in the future, but for now, please, don't make your Diesel Walker sentient. They aren't Transformers.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 am

OH.MY.GOD.

I just finished writing fifteen hundred words, and now they are all gone. GONE!!

I want to cry. i spent half a friggin hour piecing together parts of my IC post. All down the friggin drain... I guess i will try posting it again tomorrow. Sigh.

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:56 am

Don't worry man. There is no rush. Just make it again when you get the chance, and make it better. :)

A little tip. I would always type up the post on Word. It doesn't get lost as easily.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:26 am

Name: Levon "Lev" Kinter

Description[img]:http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/0/E/D/hero-lenrob.jpg[/img]

Personality:He is very nice especially to animals. He enjoys fighting but he won’t fight someone who won’t fight back and won’t fight for the wrong reasons such as to still things. He is carefree and very adventurous. He's a naive young person, who can be easily manipulated. Due to his naive and carefree nature he is always asking questions. He often questions people and this can lead to some thinking his annoying.

Although his carefree and naive, he enjoys making friends and will do anything to protect them.

Equipment: He travels the world often and has collected a few objects and artifacts. He has a rusted pocket a knife, a pistol with some Disel X shots, a jar which he uses to store water, and some piece of paper he found.

History: He has some secerets about his past, and has amensia.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 am

Hmmm...I feel like your concept needs perhaps some more description, but it's good enough that I can accept it. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Efx on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 am

Par Zenith wrote:OH.MY.GOD.

I just finished writing fifteen hundred words, and now they are all gone. GONE!!

I want to cry. i spent half a friggin hour piecing together parts of my IC post. All down the friggin drain... I guess i will try posting it again tomorrow. Sigh.

Oh, I know how that is..=/ Use MS word or wordpad, periodically save your progress.

Just a suggestion. =)

Efx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Par Zenith wrote:OH.MY.GOD.

I know how that feels, I can't tell you how many times good inspiration has been lost like this but don't be overly upset and loose the will to post.

But to every gray cloud, there is a silver lining.

You have the general outline of your post from typing it already, so take this chance to refine what you can remember further. I can't bring back the lost post for you but I can reccomend ways for you to reignite that inspiration which you started the first post with, listen to a music piece which most suits the mood of your post.

If it is combating then go for something like Princess Mononoke's theme, there's a good battling piece in the middle. If it's soothing, then go for 'Totems of the Grizzlemaw' searched on youtube. Well, these usually work for me but it's different for everyone.

Take heed of what others have posted about post insurance, you'll soon become an even better writer with this experience. :]

P.S I left my character unfinished (well, it actually finished. Just appearance and what not posted yet) because I don't know how I'm actually going to fit him in with all that was going on, just kept on reading and reading and never found a good spot to put him. It's abit confusing where everyone is now, I'l continue trying to see where this goes (maybe I'll make him be introduced at a later part of the story) and put in the appearances and such. So heijn, don't think I've abandoned this thread yet.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to PM your Walker in to Hejin. It helps everyone to have a general idea of your Walker and its capabilities (not least of which yourself (no, really, having it hammered down in your mind makes things so much easier)).

No, this is not a ploy to keep the OOC thread up. Why do you ask?

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 am

Yes. It would be greatly appreciated if you could send me any information on your future or current walker, if you already haven't done so. I'd like to be able to update the information on the Lore thread for everyone's walkers when possible.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 am

Whew! Finally done!

I just want to say thank you everybody for your encouragement. You helped me get past my anger and frustration, and write a post that was fifty percent longer, and two hundred percent better than the one I originally intended to post!

flickery, the music idea was really good. I found the right tune to get me in my groove. Thanks so much!

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 am

Your post was certainly worth the wait. It was extremely epic. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Efx on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:47 am

Meh, sorry my first post was lacking, but I'm having a little trouble getting into character. It's been a long time, and it may take a little bit to get the feel of Multi-para RP again. =)

Efx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Par Zenith wrote:Whew! Finally done!

I just want to say thank you everybody for your encouragement. You helped me get past my anger and frustration, and write a post that was fifty percent longer, and two hundred percent better than the one I originally intended to post!

flickery, the music idea was really good. I found the right tune to get me in my groove. Thanks so much!

Most welcome, now I'll go read your much mentioned post!

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Where's your introduction post, Flickery? I feel like I'm almost waiting to see. :D

Nice post by the way, Efx. I loved it. :)

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:50 pm

LOL Efx Character is probably the only one so far who would turn away from exploring an ancient ruin too! haha. Maaan, I cannot wait for people to start meeting each otheR!!

Hejin, The conflict between anjen and the tribe is pretty epic man, i can't wait to see what will come from it!

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!