Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Diesel X: OOC [Sign-ups still open...]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Welcome! This thread is for all those who would like to enlist in an original RP creation, dubbed...

DIESEL X

The interest thread is located here.

The reference [LORE] thread is located here.

The Art of Diesel X thread is located here.

The official IC thread is here. Read all this first though.

Below, I will outline the basic plot of the RP, glossing over setting, technology, some slight lore, and important characters. I'd like to note that there is still a ton of background information for this, but I figure I can at least know what characters are going to be involved as I'm building this here world. So, time to describe just what this RP is going to be about! :D

Setting

It is the year 2659. Over six hundred years have passed since the asteroid Dalkaron collided with the planet Earth, causing widespread destruction and wiping out nearly all remnants of human society. After the collapse of humanity, many of the Earth's former species underwent forced evolution, causing the biosphere to become populated by a variety of predators that could be compared to prehistoric dinosaurs. Dalkaron's impact destroyed the entire Western Hemisphere, turning it into a gigantic ocean expanse now called the Titan Sea. It is occupied by all manner of oceanic predators and undersea giants, all of which prey upon anyone foolish enough to try crossing the waters.

Dalkaron's impact effectively killed off over 70% of living human beings, turning the human race into an endangered species. As time passed, the world became more like a primordial jungle, as nature claimed the lands that humans once had dominance over. New predators stalked the jungles of this primeval Earth, hunting the remnants of human society. In the days of this new future, where existing humans refer to all past things as "from the Archeo-Age", survival is the only thing on most people's minds.

Technology

In this new time, human beings have to use every resource they can to survive. Since Dalkaron's impact, human beings have begun to continually come across a strange type of fuel, which they have dubbed Diesel X. This fuel is extremely efficient compared to older, more archaic fuels, and has become very abundant in underground veins. With the jungles being so dangerous, the many tribes of human beings have developed a type of weapon called a Diesel rifle. Diesel rifles are essentially high-powered rifles which run on Diesel X fuel. The fuel is essentially the "ammo", allowing the rifle to fire super-pressurized shots of Diesel X fuel which solidifies upon exiting the barrel. The Diesel X shots are extremely durable, capable of equally punching through titanium and the hide of any would-be predator.

Unknown to most all humans, underneath the very Earth, lie a network of temple-like chambers that are seemingly made of rustic, dirty metal. These temples each house a single robotic device of immense power, called Diesel Walkers. Diesel Walkers are about twenty-five foot tall mechanical humanoid robots, which essentially look like they are made of scrapped car parts and junkyard metal. Each one is roughly humanoid in shape, but they are all unique, so their exact appearance and abilities vary from Walker to Walker. They run on Diesel X fuel, which turns a bright orange neon color when it enters the mechanical veins located all over their bodies. Overall, all Walkers are capable of easily combating the gigantic predators of the jungles, as well as squaring off against fellow Walkers alike. Diesel Walkers can be piloted by just about anyone, but it takes concentration and skill to effectively control one. While they do not necessarily have any sentience, it seems like most walkers need to be synchronized with the mind of a specific pilot to be most effective.

Characters

Name: Rick Anther

Description: Rick is a around 5'1", with scraggly black hair and overall stick-like frame. He's got decent features, coupled with brown eyes that are about as dark as soil.

Rick is normally dressed in crude pants and usually a black shirt with some sort of old, discarded combat vest. Rick prefers to wear his green hiking boots, which he managed to find in a ruined city. He has a badge which is dear to him, as it depicts an image of the Egyptian god Ra.

Personality: Rick is a headstrong and very forward individual. He prefers to generally shoot first and ask questions later, and externally, anyone would easily mistaken him for a bit of a bully and a glory-hog.

However, he cares strongly for those close to him, and despite appearances, Rick has a very sensitive side that he usually tries to hide whenever he can. He hates being regarded as dumb, and he hates seeing people get away with doing bad things to other people.

Equipment: Rick usually carries around a long, rusty staff made from junk metal, which he uses as his main weapon. He has some degree of fighting skill with it, though he's not an expert in any way. In addition, he also carries a light diesel pistol which he only uses when he absolutely has to. It has a very low amount of Diesel X powering its shots, so he only really uses it for emergency situations.

History: [STILL PENDING] (I don't want to add a history because I feel it will ruin elements of the upcoming story)

------------

This is the basic character profile I would like if you're interested it joining up. It would be preferable if your character was part of the Gen tribe, but I don't mind if you're part of another tribe as long as the tribe has or will eventually interact with the Gen tribe.

Name:
Age(I would prefer teenage characters):
Personality:
Equipment:
History: [This isn't necessary if you don't want to write it.]

Not all of this is necessary, but I'd like to be able to get a decent idea of your character so we can get started with this role play as soon as possible. I'd also like to note to all those interested that while this is an action RP, I am a bit of a sucker for good romance, so anyone wanting to play a possible female love interest for Rick is more than welcome(in fact, I would like it A LOT).

Join up then! I'd like to get this going as soon as I can. :D
Last edited by Hejin on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
This is my song, and nothing can make it die. It's been so long, and it's stronger, I know why. And I wonder, if you really, really know? That as long as I live I will sing my song for you... ~ Labi Siffre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Diesel X: OOC and Sign-Ups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Name: Temperance Seely

Description: Delicate, but mischievous Gray-green eyes, and an even skin tone. Medium length brown hair that is kept in a high ponytail most of the time. Has a pencil she keeps tucked into ponytail. Thick rimmed glasses, which are sometimes replaced by goggles. She wears simple clothing, much along the lines of pain tee shirts and over alls, with a pair of fairly worn sneakers. She constantly has a smell of burning metal about her. Wears a fingerless glove on her left hand, to cover a burn she suffered during one of her experiments.

Personality: Witty and sarcastic, she like to show off her skills. She isn't a very shy girl, but she is sort of awkward when it comes to meeting new people. Is very observant, and has a knack for finding trouble when she least wants it. Very resourceful, and always finds a way to make something work.

Equipment: A handmade bag that she keeps with her at all times. Inside, she carries a crude pencil sharpener, a jar of sticky sap she managed to extract from a tree, some rope, a pestle, and an old pocket knife.

History: Not much to it. Grew up as one of the many children of the Kih tribe. She was independent at an early age, often wandering far from her parents in n attempt to discover what was going on around her. When she was old enough to understand them, she became enthralled in the technology of the Diesel Rifles and often took the broken ones and dissected them for further use. She became skilled in finding ways to rebuild and reuse a weapon, even after it has been tossed away for trash. She is often found scribbling away in a very crudely fashioned notebook, or sitting pensively, tapping her pencil against her knee.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fictionata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Great character! Fits perfectly with my vision, so thumbs up to you for that!

We'll see who else joins, but I may have to ask you if your specific character wants to end up being Rick's love interest. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 pm

I am such a romantic junkie, so I have no problem with it at all.

fictionata
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Good, good. Now all I need to do is wait for a couple more people, then I can get started with this here RP!

In the event people don't come fast enough, I'm definitely PMing a few people I was suggested would be interested. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Name: Althea Crow [Name subject to change. I like to give them more thought. :D ]

That's all I've got so far. Reading your plot outline, though, I'm gonna skip straight to history/background and get that green lighted before I even come up with appearance or description.

Diesel X was nearly invaluable when the post Archeo age began. Humanity was crippled and needed a way to get itself up again. Like the California gold rush, many men scrambled to try and cash in on Diesel X, this new, mysterious element.

But refining the substance was a tricky and volatile business. Niel Crow was the first to advance the system of retrieval and put it to commercial use. The technology has grown and expanded, but the Crow family name still has a firm upper hand in the business.

So my character would be born into this high-profile family. Once the idea of one particular family in a tribe (or even the whole tribe being one family) sitting on enormous wealth in the Diesel X side of things, then I'll work out a better profile.

I just wanted to see if this was okay.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 pm

(Interesting concept- Diesel X is kinda like Ether from the Fifth Element.)

Name: Darren Wylie
Description: Darren Wylie is a 19 year old slim young man hailing from the northeastern region of the United States, the New England Region. From a small town, he was a boy who loved to run in athletics, mostly due to his natural talent for it.

This gives him a very slim, compact build, a height at about 5'9. His features are a little narrow and sharp, resembling strongly to a blunted hawk. His hair is a nice comb-over, short cropped and prim. His eyes are of a dark hazel color, giving a dark piercing look about him. His nose and mouth are rather ordinary, but his nose seems a little bent as though it was broken. His skin is slightly tanned despite where he hails from, normally a cold place.

He wears a sideways cap over his head, black and featureless with a strap on the back to adjust to head widths. Under that is a wireless earpiece which he usually connects to his MP3 player or something similar like a computer.

He wears a short-sleeved shirt, blank white and mostly featureless. Over that is a black vest with a obscure baseball team logo he played for as a kid: the "Mongeese". On his hands are padded leather black gloves, usually fingerless but at times he will have another pair of gloves that are not fingerless depending on the situation. Sometimes, to keep warm, he wraps his bare arms up with strips of cloth or tape.

His pants are light, flexible, and durable. They are a pair of dark brown khaki that are large, slightly baggy near the end. They have several large pockets, which is where Darren keeps various things from spare change to a phone. On his feet are a pair of comfortable short socks and durable sports sneakers, black with red trimmings.

Personality: Overconfident and cocky, Darren is a "in-your-face" sort of man with a bold demeanor and brush-off personality. He is smart, but often doesn't use his brain and instead relies mostly on instinct. Instinct helps him, but doesn't always lead him in the right direction. He is usually cool, but when mad he becomes slightly reckless and often spews a bunch of bad-mouth at his enemies. He likes to invent insulting nick-names to his enemies, and sometimes even his friends. On one occasion, he got into a beef with a slightly fatter kid. For days, Darren would go around calling him "Tons o' fun". Which elicited a great deal of amusement. Overall, he is hard to impress, but he remains loyal to any friends he does have even though he doesn't directly tell you or show you that.

Equipment: His main weapon is the Diesel X lever-action scattergun. Like a shotgun, his scattergun is a modified version of a regular lever-action shotgun. There is one barrel, connecting to the body which holds a round clip of shotgun shells, usually about 8 shots of devastation. The trigger and handle are at an obtuse angle, with a handguard for all his fingers save for the thumb. He cocks the gun by letting go of the trigger, keeping his last three fingers in the hand guard and pushing down, forcing the lever out. That ejects the used shotgun shell, and pushes in the new one by rotating the barrel. It's a very fast way to reload, sometimes preferable to the pump action if it weren't for the strain on the fingers. He has several extra spare clips.

His last weapon is his melee weapon- a short indian one-handed dagger. It has no crossguard, and has a plain hardwood handle with several slightly ornate steel wiring designs. The blade is long, wicked, and can cut through most stuff- but it's range leaves a lot to be desired. It's mostly for when he's rushing in or when he's ran out of ammo completely.

History: Darren doesn't remember much about his past, mostly that his mother and father died during one of the many attacks made by the neo-dinosaurs.

§
Last edited by Arke on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Sato ~ Your concept is great, but there's only one thing. I don't necessarily know if wealth is such a big thing in my setting. I mean, there's obviously those who have a lot more than everyone else, but to tell the truth, there aren't really any permanent settlements ANYWHERE. More powerful weapons or temporary shelter could constitute as this family's 'wealth" though.

Shiva ~ Yours is also good, but there are some things that kind of need to be changed to fit the setting. First off, he can't really be from anywhere in the United states, since the Dalkaron Collision wiped out the entire Western Hemisphere. Second, he can't really have all this specialized equipment, i.e the many guns and the high-tech headset. It's diesel punk and post-apocalyptic for a reason, so most thing that run on electricity are no longer being used or are relatively lost. These are only changes for the setting though. If you can fix them, your character is great.
Last edited by Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Possibly not wealth as in coinage or cash, then, but wealth as in control of the Diesel X? That was really more of what I was thinking.

I get what you mean about the non-shelter thing. Hmm. Ahh. Ha. I'll have to think on it some more.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Name: Daniel Anaheim. However, he usually goes by the nickname of 'Marksman'.

Description: Daniel is 5'8" and weighs 200 lbs. His hair is brown, although it is usually covered by a camougflaged hunting cap that he wears backwards. His eyes are a piercing blue. The rest of his clothing is camouflage pants, an open camouflage jacket over a black short-sleeved shirt and black boots. His build is lean, yet muscular.

Personality: Daniel has always been a loner, never really fitting in with most his age. However, he has compassion for those that need help, and also has the guts to take action when something has to be done. His compassion also extends to the prey he has killed. Quiet and mysterious, Daniel never stays in one area too long, nor does he stay to meet with those he helps. Thus, there are many stories about the mysterious 'Marksman' floating around amongst the tribes.

Equipment: When the disaster struck, Daniel was out hunting with his Savage model rifle. While out, he discovered a Diesel X rifle and attached his scope to it. His primary weapon is now a Diesel X hunting rifle that is very effective at killing off prey large and small in his capable hands. His secondary weapon is a hunting knife, though it is more often used to skin food then to kill something.

History: His past is shrouded in mystery, especially since those who knew him are dead now.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 pm

To shiv: I don't know about your profile, it seems to indicate that his timeline is nearer to modern times than as the OOC mentioned. 600 years since man had effectively used machinery, which I don't think baseball and athletics exists so much as the magnum and other rifles would remain that readily available. But I could be misinterpreting the introduction, heres my character (I'm not trying to put yours down, just guide you a little closer to the setting that is there).

Name: Garoth (Etymology indicates that it might be a deviant of the ancient name, Garfeld)
Tribe Name: Oust' Worent

Tribe background: Members of the Oust' Worent, Ousters for short, are a spiritual and very superstitious lot. They believe that the Archaic age was once a paradise for man but man desecrated his gift and eventually it turned against him, resulting in the cataclysm that ended the world. Believing that in the past, things were different, that there were Divine beings that sheltered man from danger by turning the beasts and wildlife into something called 'aneemals', meeker, supressed versions of themselves on which man had the power to rule over.

Now they seek to walk the path of their Ancestors, the Oust but not make the same mistakes again.

The Ousters boast a quantity of Archaic ruins far more than others and often make trade with neighbouring tribes, though this is not to say they are a particularly friendly people, they remain peaceful in their ways because of their lack of need to hunt or gather food. It is rumored that they have found a way to actually cultivate edible plants from the Archeo-age, more than enough to feed their own people, which makes them slightly taller and stronger than the other tribes because they never seem to starve.

Few other than the Oust' Worents have tasted these foods, some say it has magical properties which is why the Ousters keep it only to themselves. Few tribes have tried to take their lands but the Ousters defend their home with great ferocity, some even say they command the very earth to consume their enemies in battle. In general, to date, their members remain a mysterious fair skinned people that leave many they meet in wonder.

Relations to other tribes:

Though in general they are amiable people to most other tribes that do not wage war with them, however there are a few distinct groups that they outrightly seek to destroy should they ever spot one in their lands. These groups are generally uncouth, opportunistic and have tendencies participate in marauding -like the Metalheads.

For the Oust' Worent who are at the pinnacle of reclaiming the Archeo-age, they engage in trade with tribes like the Kih and Gen on occasion, bartering specialized wares like salt, medicine and spices. The tribe is also particularly reluctant to share their secrets with other tribes, keeping their knowledge to themselves.

The Oust' Worent tribe lives in a permernant settlement, frequented by the local nomading tribes. They live in wide expanses of land, with homes centered in the middle surrounded by thick layers of barbed wires and seemingly empty land. Many have died mysteriously passing these terrains, they are especially trecherous to the Ouster's enemies and wildlife. Trade is usually done on the outskirts, with one or maybe two members bringing the goods, which are usually easy to carry.

Population:

A hundred or so, estimated. No one really got a chance to count them, all of them are fair skinned and dark haired, wearing customary cloaks at all times.

Society:

All Ousters become elders when they reach a certain age, with a minimum of twenty years spent within the tribe compounds. There seems to be no heirachy within, each member is valued and of a position. Many who venture out are already elders, though there are some exceptions.

Extra tribe info: The Oust' Worent tribe believe that Diesel X is cursed and that many people have died just from handling it because it was never meant to be used by man, their wise men constantly preach of it's dangers and they try to save other tribes by telling them.

Description: [To be filled in]
Personality: [To be filled in]
Notable Equipment: Garoth carries around a strange looking staff with two prongs at the end, it buzzes with a high pitch when swung and when it touches something it screeches like no creature has done before, sending a jolt of light that puts beasts into a state of shock, sometimes even killing them. (Aka. To modern people, Big tazer on a stick)

A belt lined with pouches wraps below his shirt, inside hold his varied items that are mostly replicas of ancient tools and supplies he needs for travel. Several rings rest on the fingers of his right hand, being a member of the Oust' Worent tribe, with them he boasts the power to cast certain spells of fire (actually, a mix of sleight of hand and technology but heck, to everyone else, MAGIC.), hurling volleys of flame and shooting sparks from complicated gestures when the time calls for it.

On his back is an armored cloak covered in a hard, blue, metallic material (flexible solar panels) which keeps him warm and is said to give him some of his magical prowess. The rest of what he is carrying is usually hidden under this cloak, leaving only the front of his torso and legs visible.

He has no Diesel X Rifles and guns because his tribe forbids it, though it would have been very convinient.
Last edited by flickery on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Shiv ~ Just make those suggested changes, and you'll definitely be good to go.

True Grave and Flickery ~ Those characters are both great, and I especially like those additions to the whole tribe dichotomy, Flickery. Nice work, both of you. :D

I'll get to working on the background information before we start, and wait to see if anyone else wants to join in. Otherwise, I may close the sign-ups soon enough.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 pm

:] Tnks!

@ fictionata and hei: If possible, I would like to know more of the Kih and Gen tribe so that I may decide how my character may end up interacting with you all.

By the way, could you give my regards back to Ylanne who introduced me to this play. I would like to tell her that I very much appreciated her introduction, at the same time,

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:56 pm

I will be sure to give her my regards. In response to your second question, I am currently typing up the lore for the various tribes mentioned, as well as descriptions on some of the many denizens that roam the dense jungles. Once that's up, you'll have the info you need. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:47 pm

Name: Isaac Metalhead

Description: Isaac is an absolute slab of a human being. He stands at a staggering 6'4", and weighs 290 pounds, largely consisting of untoned muscle. His ashy blackish hair is largely absent from his head, growing only in a wiry, unkempt goatee. His pockmarked white skin is frequently marred by crude black tattoos, simple symbols running down his arms, and a few rows of X's on his back. A more complex tattoo knots over the crown of his head.

Typically (alright, always, it's the only clothes he owns), Isaac wears a white undershirt, badly worn jeans (both found in great quantities in the ruins of Noo Dellee), a pair of leather gloves, and a tightly bound pair of sandals crudely made from old tires. He also possesses a helmet fashioned from inch-wide bands of steel, crudely wrapped over one another and welded together.

Personality: Isaac is very much a product of his environment. He's tough, straightforward, and outspoken, though he doesn't frequently suggest ideas of his own--he's not the brightest person around, and he knows it, though he certainly isn't stupid. He is almost entirely desensitized to violence, and certainly has no qualms about inflicting it. He tends to resort to violence more quickly than others do, though not out of anger. It simply tends to be the easiest way to solve any problems at hand. If he has a saving grace, it's that he tends not to lie, and is pretty extremely loyal.

Equipment: Isaac typically carries around an uprooted STOP sign, heavily reinforced with riveted sheet metal and sharpened along the edges. From a loose tire-rubber belt around his waist hang a makeshift blowtorch, a bent tire iron, and a couple half-empty extra canisters, some containing Diesel X, a couple carrying water. Isaac actually does know the basics of mechanics, though it tends towards rigging what he's working with to explode.

History: Living in the wasted ruins of Noo Dellee, you've pretty much got one option: run with a gang. You could choose to die, but the personality traits required for such a decision tend not to exist in the ruins, despite their vast expanses. The gangs of raiders are pretty much all the civilization that exists there, waging war on each other and on tribes in the forest.

Isaac grew up within the Metalheads, earning his first ink at age 12, and his mask at 15. He was on the rise within the gang, and had even begun to lead raids of his own. Unfortunately, it was then that a coup was staged by Stev "The Hook". Stev tore the previous boss's guts out through his stomach, and set to work eliminating those whose loyalty he couldn't count on. Eventually, Isaac's number came up.

Isaac didn't take it personally, or anything. It was the way things worked. He'd known it was coming the day the boss died. He didn't blame Stev. He reasoned that, seeing as he didn't blame Stev for sending a pair of his enforcers to kill him, that Stev shouldn't blame him for stealing his motorcycle (a rare functional specimen, though only just), and riding hell-for-leather away from town on the Raider's Run, the only intact road leading out of town, towards the west. He knows he'll run out of diesel eventually, or the bike will break down (he's considered both ways which will happen first), but for now, he's in the clear.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 pm

The Kih Tribe:

Population: roughly 100; though they do experience fluctuation depending on the areas and resources available to them.

General appearance: Average height of 5'4 for women and 6'2 for men. Generally well built, with clear skin and delicate eyes. Brown to black hair color range. They

Background: The Kih Tribe was founded by a group of three families; the Krioes, the Ingas, and the Habteols. All three families shared a common goal: survive until they were strong enough to come out of hiding and restore the world and human race to its former glory, with them ruling at the helm. They believed that by traveling and using what ever resources they had available and in the most efficient way, they would achieve this goal. They are an extremely nomadic tribe, staying only in one place for a maximum of 2 weeks. They often encounter other tribes, participating in trade and other inter-tribal activities.

I have to edit this later.

fictionata
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 am

Lord of Hats ~ It's really good, but you have to change the whole thing about there being towns. Like I said before, there are generally no settlements, cities, or towns whatsoever, and people are in fact completely and totally nomads. The bike is okay for one character, but not for many.

fictionata ~ I like your description so far. It's very good and fits well with the setting.

For all of you: check this thread.

That is the Lore thread, which have will have most background information. If you have a specific tribe you want added, PM me the info based on the template there. Also, you can feel free to send me an idea for some sort of creature too, as I have a template for that as well(I'll look over your idea to see if it fits). I like it when people help out with this world-building stuff. :D

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 am

Not to insult your imagination or anything, but your height numbers seem kind of bizarre. I know that there could be future crops and whatnot, and that humans have had a trend of getting taller (largely thanks to nutrition), but an average height of 6'2", even among such a small population seems wrong, especially when the other average is so much shorter. US Average (if I'm remembering it correctly) is something like 5'10" for men, 5'8" for women.

If you had an average of 6'2", you'd either have to have very little variance, or have some really tall guys.

Sorry, it's just that I'm taking a Stats class, so things like this stick out to me.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 am

Lord of Hats ~ Well, some things like that are a bit trivial. Still, I do like your suggestion.

With a lot of the lore done, I can consider getting the introductory post up sometime soon. However, I kind of wouldn't mind maybe some more female characters before I decide to close the sign-up, as well as the fixing of all those things that I said before.

Hejin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:42 am

*nudges Hejin*

Check your inbox.

I could do a revised Althea and what I PMed you about.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!