Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Every Other Weekend ((Sign up& OOC))

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Every Other Weekend ((Sign up& OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

Every Other Weekend
By: Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney

[Reba:]
Every other Friday
It's toys and clothes and backpacks
Is everybody in,
Okay, let's go see dad
Same time in the same spot
Corner of the same old parking lot
Half the hugs and kisses there are always sad
We trade couple words and looks and kids again
Every Other weekend

[Kenny:]
Every other weekend
Very few exceptions,
I pick up the love we made in both my arms
It's movies on the sofa, grilled cheese and cut the crust off
"That's not the way mom makes it, daddy," breaks my heart
I miss everything I use to have with her again,
Every other weekend

I cant tell her I love her

I can't tell him I love him

[Both:]
'Cause there's too many questions and years in the car

So I don't tell him I miss him

I don't tell her I need her

She's(He's) over me, that's where we are

So we're as close as we may ever be again
Every other weekend

Every other Saturday
First thing in the morning
I turn the TV on to make the quiet go away
I know why, but I don't know why
We ever let this happen
Fallin' for forever was a big mistake
There's so much not to do and all day not to do it in
Every other weekend

Every other Sunday
I empty out my backseat
While my children hug their mother
In the parking lot
We don't touch,
We don't talk much,
Maybe goodbye to each other
As she drives away with every piece of heart I got,
I reconvince myself we did the right thing,
Every other weekend

I can't tell her I love her

I can't tell him I love him

'Cause there's too many questions and years in the car

So I don't tell him I miss him

I don't tell her I need her

She's(He's) over me that's where we are
We're as close as we might ever be again
Every other weekend

Yeah, for fifteen minutes,
We're a family again

God, I wish that he was still with me again

Every other weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHO79ET2T24

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/every-other-weekend-still-accepting-t28501.html IC

They married too young, that was the excuse that everyone gave when they looked at the young couple in the park. The couple that looked at each other with so much longing, but didn't show it to the other. The couple with the two adorable children, the two nice cars, and two broken hearts.

So, my idea

So, this couple married when they were seventeen(This is debatable for the guy) because the girl(my character) was pregnant with their first child. They had always loved each other, and didn't see a possible way that they couldn't. But, when she was pregnant a year later with their second child, they began to fight. She was bitter about being a mom so young, losing out on her childhood, he was angry at her being so bitter, not being fun anymore, being too responsible. And eventually, when their daughter was only a years old, they divorced.

As the years went by, he matured. He was a great father, always had been, but he was young, stupid, really not ready to for the kind of responsibility it took to be a father and husband. She matured, and got over her bitterness, finding the joys of being a mother outweighed the things she lost as a teenager. And one thing they both realized, they couldn't just stop loving the other. They tried dating, but things were never right. And, when they saw each other those Fridays and Sundays, the world seemed to fit.

They have to figure out, if they should act on it. If they should just let go of the past. And.. Does he love her? Does she love him? Questions will ring in everyone's ears. Hearts will beat quickly at their second first kiss, lives will change forever with a fight, with a glance, a touch of the hand... A night.

Okay, there it is. Let me know what you think!!!

We don't need it to be just two or four people. The parents' friends are also more than welcome! However, the kids will only be 8 at the oldest. If no one wants to join as the children that is fine. I would be fine playing them or whatever. Thank you!!!

CHARACTER SHEET

(Appearance, picture, no anime)
Name:
Role:
Personality:

Name: Elizabeth Baker (Never changed her last name to her maiden name after the divorce)

Role: Mother/ex-wife

Bio: Elizabeth grew up in a good home, the youngest child, and only girl, of two parents who doted on her. Her two older brothers always took care of her and were more than willing to fight anyone to protect her. When she ended up pregnant at seventeen, her parents wanted to shut the door on her, and she ended up getting married and having her son, Connor before prom. At eighteen she found out that she was pregnant again with a one year old at home. She didn't know if she wanted to go through it all again and even threw out the term 'Barefoot and pregnant' at her husband, sure that was what he was trying to do to her.
After Cheyenne was born, the fighting didn't stop, and Elizabeth continued harping about her lost childhood. After Anne's first birthday, her husband left and they got a swift divorce. With visitation being every other weekend for the father, she sees her ex-husband and wishes things could have been different, wishes she were still with the only man she'd ever loved. Her only big salvation is that she works at the same radio station as Lauren, as part of the afternoon duo.
Personality: Elizabeth is a caring mother, her kids are her entire world. Raising a six year old and eight year old has made her extremely responsible, and has matured her more than anyone would have guessed. She still likes to goof around, and on Fridays that the kids are with her, she can be seen chasing them around the house with cookie dough stuck to her face, pretending to be a monster. After her children, she loves her friends and would do anything for them. On her weekends without her children she is more than happy to have a girl's night out. Dating is something that she does very very rarely. She hasn't dated, and she doesn't plan to for a while, at least until she can convince herself that she can live without Billy.
Last edited by Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Every Other Weekend ((Sign up& OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CleverScreenNameHere on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:18 am

Hello there. I've noticed that we've roleplayed on other threads before and was immediately drawn to this idea for a roleplay. I'm definitely interested, but right now, I'm typing on my iPod and it's not easy to type out a whole character profile on this thing. Anyways, I was wondering if I could reserve the spot for the main guy? I will try it best to get the profile up tomorrow and Thursday the latest. If not, then I'll wait and see if the spot is still available the next time I log on and sign up then. Thanks. :)
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CleverScreenNameHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 am

Hiya :)

Haven't been here in a while, that pesky thing called work took up all the time again... ::sigh:: Hoping to get back into roleplaying with a great story, and I think I've found it here.

Just like CleverScreenNameHere, I absolutely love this plot idea and would like to propose a character that would be Elizabeth's neighbor, perhaps her best friend from high school that was there for her through all these years, and loves both her and the children, who see Lauren as their aunt?

Name: Lauren Roberts
Role: Elizabeth's Best Friend
Bio: Lauren was born to two parents that stressed the importance of family, friendships, and being there for each other. Being the oldest child out of 3, she always helped her mother take care of her younger siblings. Her bond with Elizabeth during high school was nearly unbreakable, even when Elizabeth had found her boyfriend, gotten pregnant, married, and then divorced in the span of just a few years. She has always been there for her best friend and her children, who she loves as if they were her own. Seeing the hurt and longing between the two separated parents makes her pray everyday for something to bring the two together again.

Personality: Being a local radio personality, Lauren is very personable. Her weeknight shows, entitled "Love Notes" are a perfect outlet for her caring nature, making each caller feel at ease and good about their relationships. Lauren will always put the needs of others before her own, and always wears her heart on her sleeve.

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 am

You are accepted bewhatmay!

CleverScreenNameHere, you have the spot reserved. ^-^

I'm updating my profile to the oldest being 8 youngest will be 6 1/2. ^-^

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CleverScreenNameHere on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Name: William “Billy” Baker

Role: Father/Ex-husband

Bio: Billy grew up in a very conservative family and was raised with very traditional beliefs. This upbringing played a huge part in Billy’s success in school and sports. He was the star quarterback of his high school football team and had decent grades to boot. He was on the right path to life and was inches away from a full scholarship to the state university when he found out that his girlfriend was pregnant. Believing that he was truly in love with her, he married her and soon had another kid with her. However, things weren’t perfect in the Baker household. She always blamed him for making her miss out on her childhood, and he hated hearing her rant on and on about this. He never blamed her for missing out on the scholarship, not once and not ever. He genuinely believes that everything is all his fault.

Personality: Billy is a very loving father. He is understanding, caring, and supportive, and he always has their best interests at heart. Every other weekend, he spends time with his kids, and his outgoing side allows for fun times. His adventurous side allows him to try new things, and one could classify him as completely down-to-earth. He is sweet and charming, which amounts to many offers for dates, but he always turns them down. He has never dated since Elizabeth because according to him, he can’t give away his heart if someone else already has it.

CleverScreenNameHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 am

Of course you are accepted. ^-^

The IC will be up soon. We'll start either just before the drop off or at the drop off.

**Edit**

IC is up and the kid's roles are reserved. We are still accepting friends and what-not.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlee on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:50 am

Question ...
What's the youngest a kid could be?
'Live, Laugh, Love <3'

Carlee
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:46 am

I'll edit the kids bio's into this :)
Sorry I couldn't get them up last night, my internet cut off :(
â™Ĩ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. â™Ĩ

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlee on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:03 am

Oh, I wanted to be a kid haha.

Carlee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:36 am

We don't mind, honey. Just whenever you can. And then you can post.

Carlee, you could be one of their friends, or we have plenty of spots open for friends of the adults as well.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlee on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:52 am

Can the Mother's best friend have a kid? o.O

Carlee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

That's up to bewhatmay, but I'd think it would be considerably younger than Elizabeth's. I'm going to be making a male character if you want to be the kids' cousin. I'm making Elizabeth's oldest brother. So, you could choose from seven to younger. ^-^

Name: Patrick Masters
Role: Elizabeth's Oldest Brother
Bio: As the oldest of three children, Patrick always thought that he had to play the protector. It worked out well for his siblings, but he ended up getting suspended from school too many times to count because of fighting. When he was 18 he left home, joining the US Marine Corps, more than happy to do what was needed to make his country a safer place. When he was twenty-four, he found out that his sister was pregnant, at seventeen. He became extremely angry, but he was too far from his sister to actually do what he wanted, which was kill the guy who got her pregnant. After that, he met his wife and had a child of his own.
His wife died not long after their child was born, he got out of the service and moved to be around his family. That year his sister got a divorce. While he wanted to defend her, he also never blamed Billy for leaving.
Personality: Patrick is a responsible man who will always take care of the people that he loves. His daughter, sister and niece and nephew are the most important people to him, and he would kill or die for them.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am

Name:
Connor Baker

Role:
The oldest child

Bio:
Connor was born on the early hours of the 27th June. He was the first child of William and Elizabeth Baker. His little sister Cheyenne was born when he was almost two years old, and he fell in love with her instantly. She fascinated him, and he liked to play with her even though he wasn't that much older. When his parent's divorced, he consistantly asked his mom when daddy was coming home, but he rarely got any reply which he understood. When he was a little bit older, he saw his dad every other weekend, and he came to realise that daddy would never come home. After getting used to this factor, he looks forward to seeing him, but still loves coming back home to mom. The only other major thing in his life was that when he was about five, he tripped and fell down the stairs, breaking his leg. He still keeps the cast that was signed by all of his friends and family tucked at the back of his wardrobe.

Personality:
Connor is the typical older brother/eight year old. He loves to run around and play in the dirt, getting incredibly muddy. He's also got some sort of obsession with bugs, and likes to bring spiders or beetles or worms into the house to show whoever he's with at that moment in time. He's very protective over his little sister, and is always telling her not to do things and such.

If you want Carlee, you could be the 6 and a 1/2 year old daughter :)
Last edited by Imagine That! on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am

Go ahead and post. Now there are two girl parts open. XD

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Sadly, Lauren wouldn't have any children.

Not yet anyway ;)

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:44 am

Are we going to get this back on track? Imagine, you can take Cheyenne again.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm still here if we're getting back to this rp :)

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!