Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Every Other Weekend ((IC~still accepting))

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Every Other Weekend ((IC~still accepting))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 am

Every Other Weekend
By: Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney

[Reba:]
Every other Friday
It's toys and clothes and backpacks
Is everybody in,
Okay, let's go see dad
Same time in the same spot
Corner of the same old parking lot
Half the hugs and kisses there are always sad
We trade couple words and looks and kids again
Every Other weekend

[Kenny:]
Every other weekend
Very few exceptions,
I pick up the love we made in both my arms
It's movies on the sofa, grilled cheese and cut the crust off
"That's not the way mom makes it, daddy," breaks my heart
I miss everything I use to have with her again,
Every other weekend

I cant tell her I love her

I can't tell him I love him

[Both:]
'Cause there's too many questions and years in the car

So I don't tell him I miss him

I don't tell her I need her

She's(He's) over me, that's where we are

So we're as close as we may ever be again
Every other weekend

Every other Saturday
First thing in the morning
I turn the TV on to make the quiet go away
I know why, but I don't know why
We ever let this happen
Fallin' for forever was a big mistake
There's so much not to do and all day not to do it in
Every other weekend

Every other Sunday
I empty out my backseat
While my children hug their mother
In the parking lot
We don't touch,
We don't talk much,
Maybe goodbye to each other
As she drives away with every piece of heart I got,
I reconvince myself we did the right thing,
Every other weekend

I can't tell her I love her

I can't tell him I love him

'Cause there's too many questions and years in the car

So I don't tell him I miss him

I don't tell her I need her

She's(He's) over me that's where we are
We're as close as we might ever be again
Every other weekend

Yeah, for fifteen minutes,
We're a family again

God, I wish that he was still with me again

Every other weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHO79ET2T24

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/post796207.html#p796207 OOC

They married too young, that was the excuse that everyone gave when they looked at the young couple in the park. The couple that looked at each other with so much longing, but didn't show it to the other. The couple with the two adorable children, the two nice cars, and two broken hearts.

Elizabeth Baker, mother of two wonderful children, popular radio personality, and best friend to the night's hottest radio DJ, walked through her front door and shook down her hair. It had been a long day, but Fridays usually were. All the weirdos called in to just talk over the radio, loving the sounds of their own voice. And come Monday, she would actually be on her own on for the weekdays, which could be fun, as long as she didn't get any more of those calls that passed through her producer and managed to turn into freaks.

The brunette looked around for her dog, since the kids weren't home yet. School would let out in fifteen minutes, so she wanted to have the dog in the car for when she picked them up. It was the way she always had it. Butch would be waiting in the back of the SUV and would always be getting excited when he saw the kids. But, he was a sweet dog and the kids loved him. Just then, the dog came bounding through the house, almost knocking the woman on her butt.

The Saint Bernard was the only thing that kept her sane after Billy left, and kept her feeling safe. Even though he was just a puppy when they got divorced, he wasn't going to let anything happen to Liz or the two babies. She would always feel a special bond with the dog.

Soon, she had Butch outside, playing with him for a minute, since the school wasn't far away, she had time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Every Other Weekend ((IC~still accepting))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Lauren grinned as she stretched in her front yard, feeling great after her afternoon run around the neighborhood. It always felt good to take some time before heading to work for herself, to de-stress and put her mind into a state of calm.

Looking over to the house next door, she noticed the black SUV in the driveway. Realizing that Elizabeth had gotten home, and that she would be picking up her kids in a few minutes, Lauren quickly leaped over the small flowerbed in between their yards and leaned up against Lizzie's mailbox, watching as she and Butch came out of the house. Chuckling, she realized that her best friend hadn't seen her yet, so she walked up to her slowly, as if to scare her. 'Hopefully,' she thought, 'Butch won't let on that I'm coming...'

But, of course, he did, and Lauren found herself laughing as she knelt down to the rub him behind the ears. "Never try to sneak up on someone that owns a large dog... gotta remember that...."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Elizabeth heard the playful bark that her wonderful dog gave whenever he saw her best friend and smiled, turning around to see the dog getting attention from Lauren. She was making sure that the car seat was in right. After she'd gotten to work she'd needed to find something and the car seat had been knocked slightly loose.

"You should know that by now, Lauren." She said with a smile as she climbed out of her car. "Thanks to Chet I knocked the baby's car seat loose." She said with a smile, pushing her hair out of her face. She still called her six year old daughter 'the baby' though since she was getting older, the girl was starting to protest. "Having fun?" She asked with a laugh as she watched Butch licking her friend's face.

"Hey, Mark mentioned something about a big promotion for us." She said as she thought about it. "Will you be up for one afternoon coming in after Chet leaves?" She asked with a smile. "Something about us finding dates." She didn't really like the thought of that, but she knew that they could have fun non-the-less.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:11 am

She grinned as she stood up, giving Butch one last rub behind the ears. "Fun? You know I always have fun when I'm over here..." she said, reaching back behind her head to pull the hair tie around her pony tail tighter. "Dates? Over the radio? Hmmm..."

It wasn't as if it was impossible to find to find love over the radio. Just a few months ago Lauren had helped a guy calling in find a long lost friend from high school, giving her listener-ship a huge boost during that week. It had turned out to be a great "something extra" for her show, but unfortunately no else had called in for help. Maybe she should call the new couple back to see how they were doing....

Looking up at Elizabeth, she smiled. "Is Mark running out of ideas for promotions? I thought that one week of us paying the listeners bills went over pretty well... I'd be up for it though.. if you are," she said carefully, knowing that Lizzie was still hurting for Billy after all these years.

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:28 am

Elizabeth smiled and nodded, inclining her head to the car to direct the dog to go in. She watched him jumping in before turning back to the other woman. She made sure that the door remained open before she gave Lauren her full attention. "Mark has been dying for a chance to use the two of us together." She said with a shrug.

She knew that Lauren knew that she had never gotten over Billy's leaving. They had been best friends for too long, and there was nothing that she could keep from her best friend or wanted to. Besides, if she had kept everything to herself, the fact that she didn't date showed the whole world that she never got over her husband.

"I'm up for it. I could use some company in that studio after Chet leaves. I don't know how you do it every night, just you and your producer." She told her friend with a smile. "I think we should do it. I'll pick your date out of the callers and you will pick mine. We both know what the other likes, but Mark wants us to go over it all on the air." She told her. "I guess it's to bring in the right guys." She laughed softly. Glancing at her watch, she smiled. She still had a minute with her friend.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bewhatmay on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:59 am

"Oh, it's not too bad... you'll get used to it. It helps that Margaret is great to work with, and she's always keeping me laughing, right up until midnight each night," Lauren winked, noticing her friend checking her watch. "It's a plan then. Some time next week though right? Chet's gone on Monday, so maybe Tuesday?"

Stretching again, she looked into the vehicle and patted Butch on the head. "Don't make yourself late on my account, I'll catch up with you later, ok? I'll call you later on, if you don't have any plans for tonight afterwards." She looked back to Elizabeth and smiled, backing up from the car onto the lawn, finishing her routine of stretching by touching her hand to the ground from side to side.

bewhatmay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am

Connor was sitting in the classroom, anxiously tapping his pencil against his desk. There was only ten minutes to go before the school bell rang, and he could go and see his dad. He also wanted to get out of the history lesson because he had to sit next to a girl. Patsy Mirall, and she smelt a little funny. He wrinkled up his nose and went back to looking out of the window again. Mrs. Underwood was too busy talking about the Victorians to even notice that he wasn't really in the lesson, and he watched as the seagulls came down and pecked at the remaining pieces of lunch that his friends had thrown in the corner for them.
â™Ĩ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. â™Ĩ

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Elizabeth shook her head. "When to I ever have plans on a Friday night, Laur?" She asked as she walked to the SUV, closing the back door before getting into the driver's side and starting up. "Have a good show! I might stop at a bar." She said with a laugh, teasing, since she had never gotten into drinking. She waved as she backed out and started down the road to the elementary school.

She was feeling sad, like she always did on Billy's weekends with the kids. She loved having the babies with her. They were her whole word and if she was down, just looking at their sweet faces made everything better. Not only were they her darlings, her babies for the rest of their lives, but they were her last connection to the man that she'd loved since she was twelve.

She'd married the love of her life and destroyed that love before she was twenty. But, at least she got Connor and Cheyenne. If she hadn't had them through it all, she would probably still be that irresponsible girl who only cared about having fun. She'd always thought that Daddy and Patrick would take care of her. But Patrick left and she got pregnant. But, they were a blessing. At least she had two parts of Billy with her forever.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CleverScreenNameHere on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:30 am

Billy was hard at work on the new wing of the local university. His work as a construction worker wasn't great, but it was all he could do. He couldn't afford to go to college, and he had thrown his scholarship away. Many of his friends had suggested that he go back to school to finish up his education, but he didn't see the use in doing so. The contruction job was enough to support him and was also adequate for child support. He didn't really need much, so he decided to stick it out with this job, no matter how tiring it was. The work had also taken a toll on Billy's body. He was only twenty-six years old, but he was tiring pretty quickly.

The only thing that really kept Billy going at work was the thought of seeing his kids later on that day. Connor and Cheyenne were everything to him, along with Elizabeth, although she didn't know that and didn't plan on letting her know it anytime soon. He was content with the way things were beacuse he knew that Elizabeth blamed him for all of this. Their disastrouse marriage was all his fault, and he had let her blame him. He didn't know why, but somehow, he knew that deep down, she was right.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

CleverScreenNameHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 am

It wasn't long before Elizabeth was in the line in front of the elementary school, drumming her fingers to the music that was playing over the radio. She sighed and said her head against the steering wheel as she waited. She was going to miss her babies that day, but she knew that she would have to go through the weekend without them, like she always did. And she would be fine doing so. At least she would be able to see Billy...

She pulled up to the sidewalk in front of the school and shut off her car, getting out to wait on the other side for her children.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 am

Connor was out of his seat as soon as the bell rang. He already had his coat shoved into his blue backpack and he didn't need to get his PE kit from his coat peg as it had only been washed a day or two ago. He quickly ran out of school to get away from that smelly girl. No-one knew why she smelled so strange, but some older boys were saying that she didn't have a bath or a shower in her house. No shower of bath? How can that be possible? He thought to himself before he spotted his mom by the car. He ran down to her, hugged her quickly before pouting. "Mrs. Underwood made me sit next to Patsy Mirall." He complained to her.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 am

Elizabeth smiled when she saw Connor running to her and stooped down for the hug. She held him extra tight for a second before she let him go and listened to his gripe about having to sit next to the girl. "Did she?" She asked as she took his back pack to put in the car, letting Butch out as she did. The big dog rushed to the boy. "I hope that you were nice to her." She said when she was standing by her son again. She knew that the girl's family was very poor, and she couldn't remember if they'd even moved into a new house after the fire. "Remember how Dad and I always tell you to be nice to everyone. Some kids aren't so nice to her." She said, ruffling the boy's dark hair with a small smile. "Are you excited to see Dad tonight?" She asked, getting out of lecture mode.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 am

Connor smiled in delight as Butch ran over to him and he threw his arms around his friend. He really did love the big dog, and counted him as one of his very best friends. He then looked up at his Mom and shrugged. "Well...I didn't speak to her." He told her honestly, scratching the dog behind the ears. "Dad said a little while ago that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." He recited, before going back and stroking the dog. "I can't wait to see him...but I miss you."

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 am

Elizabeth nodded and patted the dog on the head. "It's true. And I'm proud of you for not saying anything mean." She said, stroking the boy's hair. "I know yu miss me, and I miss you, too. But imagine how your dad feels. I can't just hog you to myself. That would be selfish." Then, a wicked smile spread over her lips and she picked her son up and whirled him around, before blowing on his cheek. "Though I'd like to. I could just take you and hide you away forever, telling everyone 'No. He's mine'!" She joked, hugging him tightly. Then, she laughed and put him down. "But, I have to be fair too, I suppose." She said, standing up straight again. "Oooh boy, you are getting too heavy for me to do that." She said, smiling at her son. "Getting too big." Her little boy was growing up too fast. She said that every day, almost.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!