Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fables [OOC]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Fables [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:52 pm

The Homelands, a world populated by all the fables of legend and lore, has fallen under attack. An evil emperor, known only as the Adversary, is marching his hoards of goblins, trolls, dragons, and turned fables across the lands, pillaging, sacking, and burning every kingdom his armies come across. Never before united under a common banner, the fables find themselves scattered and divided, easy prey for the Adversaries growing armies. Realizing their home is lost, the remaining free fables turn to their final ray of hope; rumours of gates that the Adversaries forces can not, or will not, follow through. Gates that lead to the mundane world. But word of these gates is spreading quickly to the adversary through his many spies, and it will not be long before his armies march to destroy them. Refugees are no scrambling to make it to the few remaining gates before they are all destroyed, trapping them in the Homelands under the tyrannical rule of the Adversary forever.

Okay, so here’s the deal. In this RP, you’re playing characters from fables and fairy tales. Snow White, the Frog Prince, Big Bad Wolf, Robin Hood, Sherr Khan...go nuts. Just make sure if you’re being someone more obscure (Rose Red for example), you include some back story. Even though you’re playing well known characters, you are completely invited to tweak their history, give them some personality (have you noticed most fables don’t have any), just try and keep them reasonable to their character.

And yes, this is pretty much based on Bill Willingham’s comic Fables, but since the characters are going to be all you, it’s really no prerequisite that you read the comics first (although I suggest you do anyway, they’re awesome). And if you have read the books, and know who the Adversary is, DON’T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS!

RULES
#1. No auto-hits (duh)
#2. You may swear, but keep it 14a
#3. likewise with the sexual content
#4. no god characters (Merlin would have it easy)
#5. Have fun! (or at least pretend xD )

And now, a simple character sheet:
Name:
Bio:
'When you're finally in my arms, look up and see..
Love Has A Face'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Fables [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:22 am

Name; Maleficent
Appearance; Image

Bio; Stricken with plague as a child, Mae was relinquished to the forest to die a peaceful death. Her parents were simple peasant farmers and could not afford the personal services of a doctor. But her will to live was far to strong. She was left with permanent scars on her back and shoulders from battle against the disease, as well as the greenish tint she came to accept as a brand far worse than any scar. Survival turned to a lust for revenge and the entirety of the small rural village where she'd come from was reduced to ash by a candle flame.

She returned to the forest and was adopted, more or less, by the Fey Queen. When what was learned by the Queen had been taught to Mae, the new name of Mal was given her by the court, as well as magick most powerful. The Fey Queen died and the rughtful prince took her place. Mal refused a marriage preposal to wonder the earth like a shadow devoid of host.

She lived for many years as a successful and unique courtisan for wealthy human lords, as the darker side of man was intregued by her exotic features. She went from kingdome to hamlet; seeking one that could make her happy. Finally, she found Lord Aldre, who loved her as no man could.
Sadly, the emotion was far too much for Aldre, and he took his own life; leaving her with a counyside full of heathers and a heart full of brambles. She resided in his castle, making it her own gloomy prison; full of what became her souless army of manifestation, and a large crow.

I hope I didn't go too overboard... The computer deleted my first attempt, so this is my second time writing all of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:04 am

Name: Wendy Darling
Likes: Telling stories, telling about her childhood, being with her little brothers
Dislikes: The thought of growing up, people with bad temper, forgetting parts of her stories when she's telling them.
Bio: Wendy is the eldest of three children, and the only girl of the family. She has an immense love for her brothers, John and Peter, and usually spends time with them, 'filling their heads with silly stories', as her father said, but the boys love to hear the stories as much as Wendy loves to tell them. She loves her parents, and both fears and admires her father, who has a short temper. She refused to accept the thought she had to grow up. She always insisted that she should stay a girl forever, and her dream was realised when Peter Pan got his shadow stuck in her bedroom, and she stitched it back on for him.

Peter took Wendy and her brother to Neverland, which caused his fairy to get jealous of her, and to this day, Wendy still isn't all that fond of Tinkerbell. After her time in Neverland, she was returned to her home, where she accepted the fact she had to grow up, but she still wants to return to Neverland, so she can see Peter and The Lost Boys again.

ooc; Ok, sorry if this sucks. I love Peter Pan, but I haven't watched it, or a play of it, in God knows how long, so I may have skipped things out. If I need to add more, just say :3

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 am

Alright, both accepted.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Name: Sarah Williams (from The Labyrinth)
Dislikes: The Goblin king, responsibility.
Bio: Growing up in the 80s, Sarah's mother left when she was very young and, without her knowing it, the Goblin king of the Labyrinth slowly fell in love with her, giving her the powers to call on him when she needed to.

Her father re-married when she was a teenager, and he and her step mother had a baby boy, who they named Toby. One night, she was left at home to babysit,after arguing with her stepmother.

Sarah accidentally wished her baby brother into the heart of the goblin king's Labyrinth, she had to race against time to save him. She sucessfully navigated the Labyrinth, with the help of the different strange creatures who lived there, and made it to the centre, where she faced Jareth, the Goblin king in a battle of wits.

Eventually, she understood what the Labyrinth had taught her, that reality is never quite as straight forward as it seems and sometimes you have to put yourself at risk to save the people you love. (aww, bless)

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great... You have no power over me.
Last edited by MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Accepted.

I'm still debating on whom I shall be. I'll more than likely have my character up within the next hour or so.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Name: Peter Pan
Dislikes: Rules and grown ups
Bio: A boy from Neverland, a place where children never grow up. Thanks to pixie dust from his pal, Tinker Bell, Pan can fly with little more than happy thoughts. He has a gang of friends called the Lost Boys and, together, they play and make mischief. Peter's nemesis is Captain Hook. The last time they fought, Pan cut off his hand and fed it to a crocodile.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I love Fairytales, hehe.

Name: Tinker Bell (do you mind Mozenrath? I can change it if you have a problem with it :D))
Likes: Peter Pan, tinkering with things, and playing games and jokes on others with her magic.
Dislikes: Captain Hook and his evil pirates, Wendy (at times)
Bio: Tink came from Never Land,and once she met Peter Pan, she'd been his helpful fairy ever since. Though sometimes she is ill-behaved and vindictive, at other times she is helpful and kind to Peter for whom she has romantic feelings.

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:56 pm

(Nah it's cool. I'm not a huge Peter Pan fan, but I like the idea of being able to fly and play pranks. xD)

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah I understand that, my favorite disney character was always Belle from Beauty & the Beast, but I wanted to play a more 'active' character, hehe.

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Mozen and Pure, accepted.

I'm still unsure of whom I shall be. I'll have the character up shortly.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Ok, I've got my character thought up.

Name: Don Quixote
Likes: His squire, Sancho Panza, his horse, Rocinante, and his wife, Dulcinea del Toboso
Dislikes: Windmills (which he believes to be ferocious giants), traders from Toledo,
Bio:

Alonso Quixano, a retired country gentleman in his forties, lives in an unnamed section of La Mancha with his niece and a housekeeper. He has become obsessed with books of chivalry, and believes their every word to be true, despite the fact that many of the events in them are clearly impossible. Quixano eventually appears to other people to have lost his mind from little sleep and food and because of so much reading. He decides to go out as a knight-errant in search of adventure. He dons an old suit of armor, improvises a makeshift helmet, renames himself "Don Quixote de la Mancha," and names his skinny horse "Rocinante." He designates a neighboring farm girl, Aldonza Lorenzo, as his ladylove, renaming her Dulcinea del Toboso, while she knows nothing about this.

He sets out in the early morning and ends up at an inn, which he believes to be a castle. He asks the innkeeper, whom he takes to be the lord of the castle, to dub him knight. He spends the night holding vigil over his armor, during which he becomes involved in a fight with muleteers who try to remove his armor from the horse trough so that they can water their mules. The innkeeper then "dubs" him knight advising him that he needs a squire, and sends him on his way. Don Quixote battles with traders from Toledo, who "insult" the imaginary Dulcinea, and he also frees a young boy who is tied to a tree by his master because the boy had the audacity to ask his master for the wages the boy had earned but had not yet been paid. Don Quixote is returned to his home by a neighboring peasant, Pedro Crespo.

Windmills in La ManchaBack at home, Don Quixote plots an escape. Meanwhile, his niece, the housekeeper, the parish curate, and the local barber secretly burn most of the books of chivalry, and seal up his library pretending that a magician has carried it off. Don Quixote approaches another neighbour, Sancho Panza, and asks him to be his squire, promising him governorship of an island. The rather dull-witted Sancho agrees, and the pair sneak off in the early dawn. It is here that their series of famous adventures begin, starting with Don Quixote's attack on windmills that he believes to be ferocious giants.

(God I loved reading the books. xD)

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 pm

And here he is:

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:12 pm

OOOOOOH! I love Don Quixote! I can never remember how to spell it though. I wanted to read the book all the way but I had to give it back too soon. I loved the Richard Kiley rendition though.

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:05 am

I know! I've read through the book 3 or 4 times! It is pretty funny until the second half.

It's a shame Sancho eventually has to deceive Don, though.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 am

Woah, we have three characters from the same story already? *blink*

Anyway, just encase you guys didn't notice, I've edited my bio to include more information.. ^_^''

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 am

It's because Peter Pan in freaking awesome.
*loves Disney films*
I still prefer the animated Peter Pan to the real one, though it wasn't bad.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 am

Apparently, there was an old movie about Don Quixote. I never saw it, but my dad said he did. I'm still uncertain if it exists or not, but if it does, than I want it.

Oh, had a thought. Though it wouldn't fit the category for an approved character in this rp: wouldn't it be cool to have the characters from Monty Python's Holy Grail make an appearance? NPC or not?

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 am

Honestly, the only Disney characters that don't make me really sick are the classic ones, mostly the villans. :D I liked the opperetta Peter Pan. Especially Captain Hook's Lament, so hilarious!

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:13 am

Meh. I never really liked peter pan that much *ducks the bombardment of tables and frying pans*
I've always been more of a Disney princesses kind of gal.. Sleeping beauty and snow white ftw!

..The Labyrinth and The Princess bride are my two all time favourite fairytale films though. It took me a while to decide between Sarah and Buttercup, but Sarah has more personality.. And I'll shut up now, as obviously no one cares.

And as for the Monty Python thing, of course they should show up!!

*beginning to wonder when someone will show up in the role of either Edward Cullen or Bella Swan*

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!