Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fables {IC}

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Fables {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:11 pm

Rapunzel sighed softly, her shoulder's slumping as she listened to the other man's advice. "But where shall I find a beanstalk large enough to lure a giant onto it?" she wondered aloud. "Do such things even exist?" She looked around the tavern again. Maybe someone in here was a botanist or something, someone who'd be able to help her. Not seeing anyone that looked as though they knew how to plant a huge, huge beanstalk, however, she looked back at the prince just now sitting down with them. "I don't suppose you have any giant beanstalks around?" she asked dejectedly.
"Wanna play a joke on your chiropractor? The next time he starts working on you, go limp and soil yourself."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Pan wasn't even remotely aware of the crow. Nor had he any antention of stopping any evil plans. The only thing Pan cared about, was having fun. Now, if his fun was threatened, then there would be a problem.

"Now let's see..." he said, descending below the clouds so he could the ground and everything on it, "...where can I go?" he swooped down low enough to look through windows.

Needless to say, people stared. Pan was probably the only flying boy in this whole world, "No one that looks like they wanna have fun..." he started boredly peeking into windows as he flew by buildings. He looked into the window of a cafe of sorts, "No one in there but Wendy." he said, then suddenly stopped, seeming to skid in midair, "Wendy!" he said and zipped back around, peering into the window again.

Yup, Wendy was there. Some others were there too, but they looked like grown ups, something Pan didn't like. Because of this, he wouldn't go inside. But he had to talk to Wendy! There had to be some way to get her attention. Pan decided to tap on the window. If Wendy looked, she would see him. If a grown up looked, they wouldn't see him, since kids (usually), were the only ones able to see him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 pm

ooc; Wendy isn't actually there, she left on page 1, or something xD

Wendy had been walking for a while now. She was cold, but she didn't care. She didn't just feel cold, she felt lonely.
No brothers, no Peter, not even Tinkerbell to be jealous of me.. she thought sadly, until she came to where she was going. Pushing open the door of the wrecked house, she carefully made her way through the debris, and up the stairs. Walking down the hall, she pushed open one of the doors to find the bedroom she and her brothers had shared, the room where she'd first met Peter through his shadow.

This room hadn't been as wrecked as the others. Some of the roof had caved in, though, the hangings on the beds were full of slashes, and there were some dark stains on the floor Wendy didn't want to look at. Crossing to the window, and stepping over chunks of the ceiling, she flung open the window, and sat on the window seat, staring at the night sky. She did this every single night in the vain hope of seeing Peter again.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 pm

ooc: Whoops. I know how to fix it.

Wendy must not have heard him. She didn't look his way and even walked outside. Pan followed from above, the sun had gone down so she wouldn't see his shadow, which was how she spotted him the first time they met.

He followed Wendy to a wrecked house. Did Wendy live here? Couldn't be. The house he'd visited the first time was much nicer than this.

"Looking for something?" he asked her when she started staring up at the sky, "I saw you at the cafe but I couldn't get your attention. I would have gone in but there were grown ups... and you know how I am with grown ups! So what'cha doing in a place like this? Didn't you have a mom and dad?" he asked her, looking around curiously.

"Where's John and Michael? Don't tell me you've been all alone!" he said, feeling kinda sad, which didn't happen often.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Wendy had jumped when she heard the voice behind her, but her fear had turned to joy when she recognised the voice, but the joy had quickly diappeared when Peter started asking questions.

"I did have a mom and dad. The Adveraries took them, Peter and Michael too. They wrecked the house, but I got out before they could find me. Peter, where have you been?! I've missed you!" She cried, some of her happiness coming back at that moment.

"Where's Tink?" She asked curiously. Normally, the fairy didn't stray far from Peter. And Wendy wanted to fly again, but she couldn't do that without the Pixie Dust, and so far, she could only get that from Tinkerbell.

"And how are the Lost Boys? Princess Tiger Lily? What happened to Captain Hook?" Wendy had been gone from Neverland for so long, and she wanted to find out about everything that had gone on in her absence.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Prince Philip shook his head. "No. You should probably find a boy called Jack. I think he knows about beanstalks."

Wolf beckoned to Rapunzel again. "Come over here, away from him," he said quietly, leaning forwards and once more revealing his bright eyes and sharp teeth for an instant. "Before he starts singing again."
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:41 pm

Aurora became scared, afraid that a spy of Melificent's could have heard that. She let him lead her inside though, and took a seat next to him. Come on Aurora! Forget about Melificent!! Aurora sighed, and decided to forget about the witch. She then ay her hand ontop of Philip's, feeling better when he was there.

animchicita13
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Philip laced his fingers through Aurora's as Wolf beckoned Rapunzel away from them frantically. He knew what was about to happen, and it would be horrendously cringe-worthy.

He was right.

Philip leapt onto the table again and burst into a resounding chorus of I know you... When he was done, he jumped down dramatically and got down on one knee.

"Aurora, my dear! I can bear it no longer. I know your name; what more do I need when it is Love At First Sight? Will you marry me?" he shouted, looking round to see who was about to applaud.

Wolf sighed. "Don't you hate L.A.F.S?" he asked Rapunzel. "Love At First Sight," he explained. "They all fall to it. It's like a disease. I just don't understand it. All you need is to see each other and boom, you're in love?" He rolled his eyes.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Rapunzel shuddered, horrified at the prince's random burst of song and now thoroughly regretting her decision to associate with him. She moved away, towards the shadowy figure, figuring that even a gravelly voice and sharp teeth were better than singing. She scoffed as the prince made his display, turning to the figure as he spoke of "love." "My marriage started out in almost the exact same fashion," she said, scowling. "Granted, there were more thorns and crazy stepmothers, and my tears cured his blindness somehow, and there was less singing, and my hair was a ladder that he used to see me, but other than that it was pretty much exactly the same thing." She looked into the shadows. "Let me tell you, the happily ever afters that you read about in books rarely stay that way. Eventually, your Prince Charming loses interest and leaves you for someone younger and prettier, and you're left right back where you started, but with the added burden of a broken heart." Rapunzel sighed. "But enough of the pity party. I have a hunch that tracking down and murdering a giant will be just the thing I need to get over my relationship problems."

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm

((Whoa, I missed a lot... let me see...))

Whilst Peter had been flying around TinkerBell stayed close enough to keep her eye on him. She had been a little pouty because Peter just simply could not stop thinking about Wendy and trying to find her. Why wouldn't Peter ever like her like that? Besides, Tink belonged to him first, didn't that mean anything!?

During their flight, Tink had noticed a black bird flying around near them, though just below the clouds. Curious, she thought to herself. TinkerBell kept a close eye on the bird for a while. It just seemed to keep lapping them, but Tink just couldn't figure out why. Of course Peter was too preoccupied thinking about Wendy to even notice. And before she had even realized it, Peter was gone.

Scouping down below the clouds, Tinkerbell jingled grumpily as she found Peter again. How could he leave her in the dust like that? To Tinkerbell, it was almost as if he hadn't cared about her anymore. This only provoked her to pout even more. And then he found Wendy. Tink flew close to Peter, and then hid in his hat. Blah, blah, blah, until Wendy had mentioned her. A small chiming giggle escaped, shaking Peter's hat, though she regretted it immediately.

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Aurora went completely red, she hadn't expected this. "Yes Philip!" She replied in a whisper loud enough for him to hear.

animchicita13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:26 pm

The crow had continued to fly under Peter, spying the tastey looking fairy poutedly scattering dust in her wake. He followed until Pan reached the pub and tapped on the glass. "This could be important..." Thought the crow noislessly. It pertched just above the door frame, in time to see the back end of Aurora being led by a handsome man into the dim light.

Well, so this was where she was hiding. The crow let out an excedingly loud KAW and his eyes began to glow a fierce green.

Maleficent languished in her highbacked chair, tapping her jagged nails on the fine wood of the arms. She'd been doing nearly nothing but waiting for the dispatched to relate information back. For days, absolutely no information had come to her and she was beginning to lose her temper. The adversary was slightly indifferant when they met the last time, and it unnerved her greatly.

Suddenly, the crystle ball atop her staff began to burn a neon-green. A wicked smile played on her lips as the took the scepter in elegant, ringed fingers and laughed triumphantly. The image depicted was hazy, but concise enough to see a tavern, the surrounding area seemed like a spread-out city, all a matter of figuring which city. And there in the corner was sweet, darling Aurora with the man from prophecy. The one to awaken her after the bewitchment was cast. Well, she'd just have to make certain that the poor boy wasn't able to kiss Aurora, or kill her for that matter.

The vision of her death by a sword thrust through her dragon's breast was one of the most horrific and enfuriating things she'd ever seen, but it was her fate. Things usually turned out the way she saw them, but she refused to die at the hands of a mortal.

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:42 pm

Aurora's head quickly turned to the bird, and seeing its eyes, knew that it was one of Maleficent's. She gasped,"Maleficent...." She whispered, her eyes filled with terror.

animchicita13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Pan giggled some when his hat shook, "Tink's in my hat. Aw, c'mon, Tink! It's our friend, Wendy!" he said, attempting to get the pixie to come out.

"I think she's in a bad mood right now." he said, "Wait... Adversaries? Who are they? Oh! Are they pirates? Indians?" he said, assuming that only pirates like Hook could be bad guys, "And they took John and Michael? Well, we can't let 'em get away with that! Let's go rescue them!"

He forgot to answer her question about the Lost Boys and Tiger Lily at first, "Oh... I dunno. I haven't seen 'em in a while... so I started looking for them. Maybe those "Adversary" guys took 'em?" he said, still trying to get Tink out of his hat.

"C'mon ya silly fairy! We need some of your pixie dust! Please come out, Tink?" he asked, knowing he'd need Tink to get Wendy flying again.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 am

((Well, I saw something about a 'raid' on the OOC thread, so...))

Suddenly, the entire inn, as well as it's patrons, started to shake softly. As minutes went by, it grew more violent, until chairs were toppling over, people stumbling, and plates, mugs, and bowls crashing everywhere!

The knights were not supposed to be there. Their presence was a clear act of war. However, the Black Knight (Yes, from Holy Grail xD) did not care. He and the seventy or so men with him had come on a scouting mission based on a report passed onto their superior by a free elf. The Black Knight himself would have discounted any word given by one of the ancients, but the mere mention of multiple fables had been enough to set the Black Knight riding off into that dread peacefull land.

-----

It took Don but moments to don his armor, brandish his lance, and slip outside. The air had gotten cooler, he noticed, enough to make him shiver in his coat of steel. Don hoped he wasn't going to be the only one defending this tavern.
'When you're finally in my arms, look up and see..
Love Has A Face'

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:03 am

Wolf nodded at Rapunzel's words. "I don't believe in happy endings. They never gave me one." At the rumblings outside, he glanced at Philip. "Isn't this your time to shine, boy? You can defend us all. Go on, get outside."

Philip was already upset about the news that Maleficent had seen them. Now he had to risk his life defending these peasants.

"Uh ... well ..." He glanced at Aurora. "Yes, I suppose I should." He walked outside with his head down, taking his place beside the other man.

Wolf looked back at Rapunzel. "Well, that's got him out of the way for now," he said.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 am

Rapunzel frowned, worried about this sudden turn of events. "Shouldn't we try and help them?" she asked. "I mean, they might die without us. They could use all the help they could get, couldn't they?"

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:21 am

Wolf sighed. He didn't see why he should stick up for anyone.

"I don't think so," he said. "If I go out there, the story will twist and I'll suddenly be the enemy. You want to know why?" Leaning forwards, he began to bring himself out of the shadow. "Don't scream," he breathed. Finally, the candle-light illuminated him enough to reveal his large eyes and ears and sharp, sharp teeth.

"Hello, Rapunzel," he said. "I'm the Big Bad Wolf."

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:45 am

Rapunzel's eyes widened as her companion finally stepped into the light, the candle's glow glinting off of his terrifying teeth and feral eyes. "You, you, you're..." she stammered, before taking a deep breath and starting over. "No wonder you're looking for Red..." she mused silently. Gathering her resolve, Rapunzel stood. "Well, you may not want to fight, but I think these people need us," she stated. "I'm going out there, and I'm going to fight until the last of them fall." Reverting to her old, mischievous self, she winked at the wolf. "You can come too, scary," she said. "I may not be good with a sword, but I bet I can show the others a thing or two about magic." With that, she turned to leave the tavern and face the unknown.

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:22 am

Wolf rolled his eyes. He already knew that it was a big mistake, but he would go out there too. In the end, the story would say that he was the enemy, but he might as well help out. It wasn't like he could get anymore hated.

Philip saw Rapunzel and the cloaked stranger exit the tavern and come to stand by himself and the other man.

"Is my beautiful Aurora safe?" he cried dramatically.

Wolf rolled his eyes. "Safe and sane, away from you," he muttered.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!