Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fables {IC}

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Fables {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am

For those of you who are interested in joining: OOC Thread
-----------------------
"Have you seen them?" "...came through last week..." "...think he's a satyr..." "...burning, raping..." "...poor Ambrose..." "...can't believe the Lion's kingdom fell." And so continued the general conversation at the Crown and Thistle Inn's pub, one of the few remaining free meeting places in the Homelands. Refugees huddled in frightened conversation, the though of the Adversaries armies catching up with them constantly on their minds. A few warriors ate meals what could easily be their last. And Don Quixote sat at a table watching them all, watching all that was left of once proud kingdoms, caught off guard and unprepared when the Adversaries forces invaded. Amoung them, he was looking for travelling companions; fables who he could trust, and hopefully teach him a thing or two about fighting. After all, he though as he ate his bread, strength in numbers
'When you're finally in my arms, look up and see..
Love Has A Face'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Fables {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animchicita13 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 am

Aurora stepped into the pub, looking for anyone who could help. The trolls, goblins, and well, everything was getting out of control. Her eyes immediately found an older man, sitting next to a shorter, fatter man. She walked over to him, and sat down at the chair across from him. "Um... Hello. I'm Aurora. And you are?" She introduced as she stuck out her hand.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

animchicita13
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:03 pm

It had been a long day. Prince Philip had been riding for a very long time, and he was tired. Only last week, he had been dancing through the forest and singing with a beautiful girl - one of his favourite hobbies.

Then the girl had run away.

This was not good for Philip's ego. He felt it kind of upsetting that any girl would run away from him. In the distance, he saw the lights of some sort of inn or tavern and spurred his horse on gratefully.

He slowed to a halt on a hillcrop just opposite and looked down. At that moment, a dark cloaked figure walked up beside him. It stood upright, but awkwardly, and he caught for an instant the gleam of a bright tooth.

"Is your name Red?" The voice was rough and guttaral.

"No. My name is ... Prince Philip," Philip replied dramatically, flinging his red cloak back impressively.

"Oh." The newcomer sounded less than impressed. "I just couldn't help noticing the red cloak. I'll be on my way."

Philip nodded and galloped down to the tavern, upset at this less than warm reception. People these days just couldn't be relied upon to know you if you were famous. Philip put his horse in the stables and strode impressively into the inn.

Up on the hill, Wolf turned away. He'd find that Red someday, and the damn woodcutter too.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Wendy stood behind the bar, leaning her elbows on it, and she sighed. She'd been in hiding for some time now, and worked here so she wouldn't be found. She'd been seperated from her younger brothers some time ago, and the thirteen year old was not pleased.

The fact was, she was too overprotective of Peter and Michael, and now, she blamed herself for their disappearance. To anyone who looked, she seemed to be staring intently at the wall opposite her, but she was trying to get the thoughts of her brothers out of her mind.

It wasn't really working. If she wasn't thinking about the boys themselves, she saw horrible images of them, dead and mutiliated that made her want to throw up. Sighing again, she glanced at the door. She'd done this a lot since she started working here.

She half expected the Adversary's army to break down the door and capture them all at any second. The only consolation was, she'd be with Peter and Michael. If they were alive.
Last edited by SaveYou on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Prince Philip strode up to the young woman behind the bar. How old was she? Thirteen? He was fifteen, soon to be sixteen, and he was much better than any of these peasants.

"I will have a drink, please," he said in his most impressive voice, but forgetting to specify exactly what drink he wanted. No one seemed to care that he was standing there.

The door opened again and lightning crashed behind the figure in the frame. Philip recognized him as the stranger on the hill.

"Hail, friend!" he cried loudly, trying to draw attention to himself. "Will you have a drink?"

"I don't drink this human stuff," the figure said harshly. Wolf took a seat in the corner, wanting only to get out of the rain.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Chaos was spreading throughout Cinderella's home. She felt entirely useless in her state as a servant, working for her step-mother and -sisters, cleaning up their messes, making their meals, living under their rule. For a moment she stopped scrubbing the floors and sat on a nearby chair.

Something began to brew in her mind; a plan to get away. Cinderella didn't want to be stuck behind dark walls, unable to help with whatever was needed. 'They're not home right now,' she thought, an unfamiliar smile of malice forming on her face. 'I can leave. They'll never know!' She stood up strongly and quickly and began gathering the little that she owned into a small sack.

Carefully, Cinderella exited what was once her father's happy home and was now her step-mothers dark 'layer' of sorts. She began walking quickly down the road, careful in her outlook for her step-family ahead or behind her; there was, however, no sign of them and after a couple hours of travelling, she was in sight of a dark pub.

"It is becoming awfully dark out," Cinderella said to herself quietly. "I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to stay there until it's a little lighter."

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Wendy raised an eyebrow at Philip.
"Yeah, see, unless you want me to give you some rat poison by mistake, it's easier to tell us what drink it actually is you want. Otherwise you can die of thirst, for all I care,"

She wasn't in the mood to be nice tonight. She'd remembered her friend, Peter Pan, and now she was worried about him as well. His bitch of a fairy, not so much, but she had more on her mind than handing out drinks at the moment. Like the fact everyone she ever cared about could be dead, or getting tortured while she stood in this crappy little bar trying to be nice to people who didn't deserve it.

At least he could fly. That should make it easier to get away from the Adversaries. And the fact he'd taught her how to use a sword was handy, too.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Don answered the girl first.
"I am Don Quixote, a knight. And this be me squire, Sancho." he said as he pointed at his fat neighbor.

Don had recently finished his attack on the windmills, which he believed to be furocious giants. He was tired and exhausted, and wanted nothing more than to sit and have a peaceful drink and rest. This lady was decreasing his relaxation time.

His time for rest was limited, for word of traders from Toledo were going to pass though here. Don hated those from Toledo, and he soon planned to don his armor and lance and ambush the caravan.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Light drizzle fell from the heavens onto Sarah's face and neck, as well as her bare arms, and she shivvered a little, wishing she'd thought to bring a jacket. The teen wasn't quite sure where she was, or how she'd got here in the first place, but she knew she had to get inside soon.

A little light up ahead marked a small tavern about half a mile away, though quite why there was a tavern in the middle of nowhere was a puzzle to her. She wrapped her arms around herself, rubbing her bare shoulders in attempt at staying warm as she drew closer, the rain getting heavier now and soaking through her thin shirt and jeans as easily as tissue paper.

When Sarah's slender form eventually entered the Tavern, water dripped from every possible body part, rain drops falling from her hair and running down her back, her face, her arms..

Slowly, she shuffled toward the bar and sat on an unoccupied stool.
"Any chance of a coffee?" She asked the barmaid, smiling weakly at her.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Philip turned to the newcomer. "I, too, shall have this coffee of which you speak," he announced grandly, looking round the room. In truth, he was just annoying everyone, but he was expecting some sort of celebration, like: "Hurrah! Prince Philip his Royal Wonderful Highness is drinking the royal coffee! We must all drink it too!"

Nothing of the sort happened.

"That's a fine red cloak you got there, boy," said Wolf from his shadowy corner. "Did I mention that I really like the colour red?"

Philip tried to see the stranger's face, but again all he caught was a pair of large shiny eyes and a sharp tooth beneath the folds of his shadowed black cloak. He tried to ignore him.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Sarah raised an eyebrow at the man who'd just spoken. Who speaks like that? She thought, frowning a little. It was actually pretty funny, in a weird way. For a moment, she was going to say something to him ask who he thought he was, acting so stuck up, but she was cut off from the gruff voice in the corner. Whoever sat there gave her the creeps. Big time. Shuddering a little, she pushed her dripping wet hair from her face and shifted awkwardly in her seat, wishing she'd worn a tank-top in a colour other than red.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Wolf's eyes locked onto the girl next to Philip. "You. Girl. Would your name happen to be Red, by any chance? Know any woodcutters? Have a really sweet Granny in a country house?"

Philip looked at him, feeling a little unnerved, but trying to hide it. "Why do you not lower your hood, friend?" he asked, his voice still as deep and impressive as he could make it. "We are all friendly here! None of us are Adverseries!" Talking about Adverseries was dangerous ground, but Philip thought he was being brave by doing it. Wolf watched him with sarcastic amusement. How he hated other things apart from himself. They went and twisted everything you bloody did, and then you became the villain in all their stories.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Wendy handed over the coffee, glad she'd worn blue again. The guy in the corner was creeping her out.
Great. I get to work in a bar full of crazies when I should be with my brothers, telling them a load of crap to cheer us all up. Or at the very least, having my hair pulled away from my scalp by an angry piece of flying glitter.

Sighing, she got herself a drink of coffee too, and stared into her cup.
"Where are you, little brothers?" She asked herself quietly. When they'd been with her, she'd taken them and their silly behaviour for granted. Now she'd do anything to have them pestering her.
"Oh, right, my shift is over," She reminded herself, draining the cup, and slipping out from behind the bar. Slipping on her jacket, she glanced around the bar before leaving. Pulling up her hood so she wouldn't get soaked, she quickly took off.
She wished Peter was there so she could fly again.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Sarah groaned and brought her head to rest on the bar with a dull thud. This place was full of nutcases. She didn't know what the man beside her was talking about, neither did she particularly care. None of us are adversaries"? What was that supposed to mean? She'd heard that word said quite a lot in the little Tavern, but she had no idea what they were talking about.

The last think she knew, she'd been taking a walk close to her home, and now she was here. But why? As far as she knew, only one person could have done that. But the Goblin King couldn't be here, could he? What would Jareth want with a place like this?

As for the person in the corner, she'd given up listening to him as son as he started asking her if she was red riding hood. Seriously, what kind of wacko joint was this? Sarah groaned again and lifted her head from the bar, looking around to be sure that Jareth wasn't there.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Philip took a sip of his coffee, noticing the girl beside him looking around for someone. He scanned round himself. For a moment, his heart almost stopped. Over there, sitting opposite another man ... was that the girl he'd danced with?

He dismissed it. In fact, it was indeed Aurora, but Philip hadn't known her name and the shadows were deceptive.

I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream... he hummed under his breath.

Wolf watched them. None of them was Red, none of them was Peter, and none of them were any of those accursed pigs. But it was fun to observe.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 pm

"Weeee! C'mon, Hook! Can'tcha aim better that?" shouted Peter as he dodged yet another cannonball, "You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, ya cod fish!" he shouted again, knowing that nickname irked Hook more than any other.

"Whoops! Missed again!" he said, it seemed Hook couldn't hit him no matter what he tried. Peter backflipped in mid air, further taunting Hook with his signature rooster crow.

"Nyah nyah nyah! Hook is a cod fish! Hook is a cod fish!" Peter sang, making sure Hook could hear, "Aww all out of cannonballs? Better luck next time, Hook! NOT!" he said, then crowed again before flying off.

"Hahaa! That never gets old!" he said, just randomly flying around now, wishing he had something else to do. Peter could have a short attention span at times.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Sancho suddenly arose off of his stool. He started towards the door, apparently leaving.
"Sancho..."
"Oh shut up, you old baffoon! I'm tired of your shinanigans and silly attacks on non-living things. I'm tired of being your squire! I have a wife to welcome me home, and I plan to go there!"

Sancho wipped off the helmet Don had given him recently. It clattered on the wodden floor, than rolled forward, finally stopping as he hit Don's foot. Sancho continued towards the door, an expresion of anger on his face. He slammed to door as he went.

"What the hell? What just happened? And why have I suddenly lost my Spanish accent?" said Don to himself as he noticed he was speaking...different.

Well, guess I shall be needing a new squire... thought Don as he bent over to pick up Sancho's helmet.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Jack held his broken crown in his hands for a few moments before stuffing it back in his pack. He stood and looked around the pub. He was a little unsteady after that bottle of Jack Daniels, but still was able to respond to the fat man- he was probably a sherrif. "Hey, you ... chap," Jack took a moment to gather himself,"those are the best enemies! They can't defeat you. No matter how hard they try."

Jack noticed as his vision cleared a bit that the fat man was gone and he was adressing a young girl at the counter. "Sorry, Miss. I assure you that you don't in any way resemble a fat and balding sherrif."

He tipped his hat at the woman, the obnoxiously large feather waving about. He made his way to the table with that the sherrif had left. As he reached it he tipped his hat at both persons there, feather wobbling. "I'm Jack. You seem like an upright sort. Might you want to take these magic beans off my hands?"

Jack revealed a small handful of various garden variety beans to the people at the table.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Rapunzel stepped into the tavern, gracefully dodging out of the way of two thoroughly intoxicated men who were exiting as she entered. Looking around, she realized how ridiculously out of place she was here, but it was too late to turn back now. Besides, what with the large assortment of "interesting" people she saw before her, she figured that there was a good chance that one of them would know something about giant-slaying. She looked around, her eyes falling on a royal-looking type in a bright red cape. If his Kingdom is anything like the rest of the Kingdoms in this realm, chances are he's dealt with giants in the past, she thought, tentatively making her way to his side. "Umm, excuse me," she said softly, waiting for him to acknowledge her.
"Wanna play a joke on your chiropractor? The next time he starts working on you, go limp and soil yourself."

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 am

Prince Philip turned in joy at finally being addressed. He swept his red hat off his head and bowed low to the girl who had approached him.

"Yes, my lady?" he asked, kissing her hand. "Do you by any chance know the song that goes like this?" Dramatically, he started humming I know you; I walked with you once upon a dream... Seeing her expression, he stopped. "No? Well, what is that you require?"

In the corner, Wolf watched his melodramtic display with sardonic amusement.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!