Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fallout: New EDEN (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Fallout: New EDEN (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:25 am

((OoC: I swear I had posted, but it seems I apparently had not, well teaches me to post while tired.))

"Your own power armor, hi-tech weapon, and training to use both; either that or you're the Good Lord himself," Ermy said laughing, "the Brotherhood doesn't have enough waepons and armor in reserve to arm every possible recruit, and we're just a small detachment from a just a bit larger detachment, so this particular group, we're not accepting any new members, and that's why we're hiring instead, now let me show you Big Boy." Paladin Ermy leaned over the sheer cliff, pointing down at a massive tri-pedal machine, whose head rested more than halfwar up the rock wall of the quary. "Meet Big Boy, a pre-war mining robot, equiped with tri-grade mining lasers, plasma emitters, and massive manipulator arms, she's going to make Liberty Prime look like a childs play toy," Ermy remarked about the giant machine resting at the bottom of the quary, "we're still trying to get it up and running, and that's where you come in, you'll be standing guard some where around here, making sure no one get's close enough to know what we're doing."

Sherif Dunders was on patrol in the poor district of EDEN. His eyes caught sight of Radrat, regonizing him from his armor and weapon. "Oh no, not this guy again," Dunders said to him self, changing course to talk with Radrat. A quick jaunt over to Radrat, Dunder tapped Radrat on the sholder. "I hope your not getting into any trouble," Dunders said speaking to Radrat.
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 am

Radrat was daydreaming, so his mind didn't register the sheriff for a full thirty seconds. When he finally did glance down to the smaller man he had a fairly odd reaction. "Hey! It's me Amigo!" Radrat exclaimed, his Hispanic accent wrapping around his already rough words. "Come ere!" He laughed while wrapping a large arm around the smaller sheriff, his other hand keeping his weapon in place on his shoulder.

While he hardly knew the good sheriff, he did enjoy irritating this little piece of the law to no end. "Trouble? Me? Nah" Radrat made an 'innocent' face as he let go of the sheriff. "I'm looking for work though, and I got a pile of old electronics in my bag here. Radrat tapped onto one of the packsacks that hang off from his less then pretty armor. "Figured someone here wouldn't mind some wastescrap."
"Blood is the International Currency for Freedom" - General Vlacu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seloc
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 am

"Don't call me that Radrat, you know your ass is on the line for that little incedent last time you were here, burning an entire garnden is not something that is easly forgotten, now let me go before I make ol' Gallows here do it for you," Dunders said, patting his custom .44 Magnum equiped with special AP builts, "now if you looking to make some ligit money and do some legit work, I would suggest you go see Ol' Wally down at the robot shop, he'll probably buy that scrap you've been carrying around."

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm

"Yea Yea, I know the place." Radrat waved off the Sheriff as he changed his direction, "Try not to get shot sheriff, that hand cannon wont protect you forever y'know." The wastelander chuckled as he slipped under the shadow of a larger building. The usual five minute trip took around 15, for Radrat got distracted at the sight of some pretty lady and wasted his 3 minutes of his time hitting on her, and then another 7 minutes hitting her boyfriend.

When he finally did arrive at the robotic building, he was greeted by the usual blank stare of some teenager behind the counter. "Ey" the wastelander leaned on the dirty counter, speaking to the teenager. "Your dad around?"

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 pm

"Dad, some one is here for you," the teenager shouted, stopping what he was doing and heading into the back of the shop. An old gruff man, bent over because of arthiritetis, his hands leathery and rugged. "What can Ol' Wally and his Wacky Robots do for you stranger," the Ol' Wally greeted Radrat, pushing his eyeglasses up his nose.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Radrat didn't answer, rather he just popped open the four packsacks attached to the front side of his torso. With a simple flick of his hand, he spilled out the contents of the four packs onto the dirty desk. A large pile of metal, components, and electronic dohiggies sat beneath both of the men's gazes. Some of the more notable scrap includes; power armor components, vault level electronics, a foldable robotic arm, and shiny metal.

"Picked this up in DC" Radrat commented as he sorts though the scrap. "Think your interested in buy'n?"

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:44 pm

"I've no use for the power armor or this shiny metal," Ol' Wally said examining the piece of metal, "the rest I'll give ya fifty caps the lot." Shuffling could be heard in the back of the shop, and then a crash. Six protectatrons spilled out of the back room, piled up on each other. "Damn if boy, I told you not to tease the robots, they're tippsy until I get them gryo's installed," Ol' Wally yeld back towards the room where the robots spilled out.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Radrat already began piling the power armor components and the metal into his packsacks when he heard the crash in the back of the shop. "Haha, it seems like you need an extra hand." The wastelander commented as he ran his eyes around the rundown look of the place. "I doubt that kid is going to go outside these walls to fetch you a little something to keep the botties going amigo."

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm

"I've got the parts, for at least half of the dozen robots back there, but I need a few more gyrostablizers, if you get them for me I'll pay you a hundred caps apiece," Ol' Wally proposed to Radrat, then heading to the backroom to set the robot's upright.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 pm

"Mm," Radrat said aloud before watching the old man wander into the backroom. "Gyrostablizers are going to be hard to come by, Eden had already acquired most of the more important tech from the surrounding area." The wastelander sighed to himself before turning away to leave the store. His weapon back over his left shoulder.

"I suppose I'll just wander around, maybe I'll run into a tech happy raider..Or a BoS. They'll have some botties to loot." And with that, Radrat slowly made his way though the crowded poor district.

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Jak looked at this man, Yank. Then he looked at Clive. Jak sighed. "What is it you want? You probably want something in return." Jak said trying to think of a good way to pickpocket those mines.

He then looked over at the Gates of Tarturus. It seems a bit dangerous. Why does everything have to be on the other side of some kind of death trap? Jak sighed again. This trip may indeed kill him, but you can bet he will fight off death with tooth and nail.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AcaciaAvenue on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 pm

"Alright then, mate. Show me where to go and I'll do what I get paid for." Said Ollie, crossing his arms slightly before continuing. "Although I do hope that something more exciting comes along, but I gotta take what I can get, and the pay is decent.." He said with a smile before slapping Gunny on the back again, his hand clunking against the power armor. He smiled once more before continuing. "Anyways, if you ever have a problem with your weapons, jamming, repair, I'm your man. And since you've been so accomidating, I ain't gonna charge ya.."

AcaciaAvenue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:24 pm

The protectatron sizzled and spat as a ball of fire eats though it's left most "knee" causing the bulky robot to fall forward, it's arms flailing left and right. Radrat had left the protective walls of EDAN, following a trail that a number of BoS personal were setting up shop near an old quarry. He had overhead a few guards talking about it on his way out, and Radrat figured that wherever the Brotherhood was there was bound to be a good amount of tech to grab.

So here he was, tearing open the rear casing of a Brotherhood's protectatron with his bayonet and salvaging the still struggling robot for Gyrostabilizer number three. Two similar robots lay cut open and salvaged father out to the East and West of this one. "This is number three, the Quarry must be nearby." The wastelander commented to himself before tearing out the still spinning stabilizer from the robot.

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:25 pm

"Two hundred caps this time," Yank responded to Jak. The bag carrying the mines dangle from a strap around Yanks waist. Even stealthed, it would be hard to get it, Yank wasn't alive for nothing, let alone one of the few to actualy make it through the Gates of Tartarus.

"Well, it seems we have some action actualy, a few of our patrol robots have stopped broadcasting their all clear signal, you'll come with me to check it out," Paladin Ermy told Olli as he put his helmet on and hefted a Gattling laser onto his hip. "Come on, let's go see if it's something worth expending my energy on," Ermy commented as he lead Ollie southeast toward Radrat.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AcaciaAvenue on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 am

Ollie smiled and was glad to hear of some action, he heaved his laser rifle onto his shoulder and put his goggles back down before following in step. Asking Gunny. "So do you guys see a lot of action here, or is it that situation where you hear about it and get excited?" He said with a short laugh as he followed, wondering what it was the was making his robots lose their signal, Ollie came to the conclusion that it was some sort of scavenging, someone looking to make some caps off some spare robot parts.

AcaciaAvenue
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mrpocketz666 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Clive looked over at Yank with distaste. "Yank...how many times do I have to say it? I don't want you fucking help!" PUlling out his shotgun, he continued to say, "Now unless you want this halfway up your ass and blowin' bits of you all over the place, I suggest you just fuckin' leave or come along for free." A vain in his head began throbbing and his nose flared; a clear sign that he was not joking.

mrpocketz666
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:29 pm

"So, you're going to risk going into the Gates of Tartarus, someone who has never even been through Devil's Lot, you're going to get your self killed, but of course if you die in the Gates, it'll be too hard for me to scavenge your body, so I'll come along, but I think you realize that I'm worth the three hundred caps," Yank spoke, sticking his hands in the air, "now Boyscout, are we going to get going or are we going to flap our gums while the Tartuleus slober over a prospective meal."

"Well, usualy we don't get too much action, raiders stay away since we're too strong, we haven't seen the Enclave out here, though I don't doubt they could show up when ever they want, and mercs usualy come here to make some money, so we don't get any real challenges," Paladin Ermy answered Ollie's question.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:56 pm

"Gah their early!" Radrat's words brimmed with a gruff mix of fear and surprise as he spotted a pair of dots on the horizon, approaching from the Northwest. The wastelander was crouched over on a rocky overlook, which shadows a good 20 feet over the winding canyon path where Radrat ambushed the brotherhood robots.

Under him, one of the unlucky protectatrons was currently being buried under a pile of rocks. Radrat had removed off the FoF (Friend or Foe) sensor for the three protrectarons he had taken down, and had already disguised the other two robots on strategic positions on the overlook. "The Brotherhood come looking for their botties, the hiding botties start shooting at the Brotherhood, Brotherhood thinks they are being attacked by raiders or something like that, Then they call for more brotherhood to drive the raiders out, and I'll pop into the base to steal the rest of their tech why their Amigos are away...Maybe run into a pretty girl too." Radrat recited his plan as he continued to work on the robot's disguise.

"Goddam botties, can't stand fixing them." Radrat mumbled to himself as he finished up with hiding the last of the robots. "Give me a gun, I'll make it better. Give me a car, I'll make it run. Give me a bottie, I'll turn it into a trap." And, with a kick to the rocks and another glance at the rapidly approaching figures, Radrat ducked into the dusty overlook and crawled his way to his hiding spot. Waiting for the two figures to enter the canyon.

Seloc
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mrpocketz666 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Clive shrugged lowering his weapon. "Then let's go. And, trust me, I'm no boy scout." He started walking towards the Gates at a good pace, keeping his weapon out and ready. "So, tell me, Yank, what are we going to be dealing with here? What are these terrible creatures like?" He was being honest. He had no knowledge of lay ahead of him. He knew he was walking into a deathtrap, blindfolded, but nothing would stop him once he set his mind to something.

mrpocketz666
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Jak walked behind both Yank and Clive. He always did like lagging behind. In case someone screws up, he could easily run up and fix the screw up... With deadly force. Or run at the sight of major trouble. Jak never ran unless it was absolutely necessary, though.

Looking down, Jak tinkered with his stealth suit for quick access. After a beep, it was now ready at the tap of the button to become invisible. "These Tartuleus sound like beasts. Also sounds from the name to be only found in Tarturus. So, what is so unique in there to cause these mutations? And the more important question... Will it affect us?" He asked. Jak had a sharp mind, always thinking of the what ifs.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!