Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fallout: Red Texas

Fallout: Red Texas

a part of “Fallout: Red Texas”, a fictional universe by Xavirne.

Just your stereotypical end of the world, fallout story. There's death and destruction all around you. Oh and you're in Texas so it's hot. The key is to survive and, if you can do that, you might want to figure out what caused the war to start.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fallout: Red Texas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Fallout: Red Texas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 am

I'm standing right here.

Yep, I'd love to straighten out any issues. I'd like to play by the rules. 40 is the total I get? Great. Give me instructions. It was purely an honest and innocent mistake. I screwed up? Mea culpa. I'd like nothing more than to fix it.

In fact, let's hash it out out in the open, since the situation is officially on public record.
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:39 am

Oh, hey, Skyfemme, sorry 'bout that - a lot of new RPers I've worked with don't ever bother checking the OOC section. Great to have you here! This makes my job a hell of a lot easier. The fact that you're eager to help fix it makes my job easier still :)

40, yeah, that's the total - should be pretty easy to translate it.

As for the missing stuff - need any help with that?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:25 am

omg, my hands smell like bleach. D:

Also, thank you for the Star Wars link. I need to go watch that now. I miss it. I wonder if Spike will be playing it Easter weekend. >.>

As far as skyfemme goes, we've been talking via PM. Trying to fill in missing things and explain that, since Brigitte isn't going to be your stereotypical hunter/killer/wasterlander, that not all the information will need to be filled out (i.e. skills and perks), unless she wants to fill them out. If you want to fill out the perks, you can pick 15 from this list. If you want skills, it's 10 from this list. Just skimming over the stuff, I could see these perks working with Brig: Swift Learner, Comprehension, Educated, Travel Light, The Professional, Scrounger, and Light Step. I pretty much picked the ones that made her nimble, smart, and sneaky. By the way, you don't have to pick 15. You could pick less, if you want. Now for the skills, if you want to apply them, I would recommend... Combat Skills (unarmed), Active Skills (lockpick, repair, sneak, security), and Passive Skills (barter, persuasion, speech).
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 am

Anyone know how to move a character to the adopt section? I don't want to delete any of these characters as I know some people put a ton of work into them. But I can't seem to get them to go to the adoption section. I can't even delete them (again, not that I want to). Any ideas?

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Xavi, thanks for the links to help me out on tweaking the profile. I'll be working on it throughout the day.

It's been a while since I've played the game, so I am thrilled to have the refresher. That was very helpful.

Also, Xavi, thanks for the respectful communication. Respect is the key to building a strong community and a strong story.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Firstly -

My apologies for the rude introduction, Skyfemme. We appear to have gotten off on the wrong foot. I'm Zero; a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can get along better in the future.

I'll leave this one with you, Xavi. I reckon I've screwed things up here sufficiently already.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Zero,

If I were to choose to treat you poorly as a result of the exchange we had just prior, that would be poor form of me, as it would mean that I consider myself infallible and incapable of making mistakes. We all make mistakes. I have made plenty in the past without meaning to. I don't think you intended any harm.

We're all here to have a good experience together and we can all make the choice to move forward positively.

It's all good.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Hooray! ^.^

EDIT: Waitin' on you, Xavi.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:30 am

This time difference thing is crazy. You post when I'm asleep. I post when you're asleep.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 11:28:58 PM. OMG, you are in the... future. O.O

And you're having warmer weather. Send your future weather over here to Massachusetts, mkay?

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:16 am

Xavirne wrote:This time difference thing is crazy. You post when I'm asleep. I post when you're asleep.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 11:28:58 PM. OMG, you are in the... future. O.O

And you're having warmer weather. Send your future weather over here to Massachusetts, mkay?

Ditto on that, I needs me some sun.

Oh, Xavirne. Terrence never searched Bandit for weaponry or otherwise. Technically speaking, she could have throat stabbed Terrence at any time with a hidden knife. Bit stupid on his part, now that I think about it. Null didn't have the time to start going through her pockets, he'd just gotten there. If she didn't find that knife on herself... it may have fallen out at some point. It could have been when Terrence lowered her to the ground, during the trek through the hills, or even as she made her way up to Terrence's sniper position back at the town. Otherwise, I don't know where you're getting this 'confiscated' word from. Bandit thinking we had searched her for weapons when they're really just misplaced and Bandit actually taking back items that were never removed is a pretty big difference.

Do you mind editing your post so that she finds her knife on the ground or simply asking that someone give her back the knife, rather than simply take something that no body has? I've got a post almost ready, I was just wondering if you'd mind the change.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:37 pm

O.O Well, Terrence is a stupid head. Why wouldn't he search someone for weapons. Cray boy is cray.

Also, feel free to call me Xavi or Xav. Much shorter. I'm all about efficiency~!

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm conceptualizing Aegis in my head. I'm excited about it. Trying to decide if I want it in the heart of or on the outskirts of Austin, or if it should be in the middle of nowhere.

Would it be possible to place "Aegis" as a "places" under the appropriate location once we know where it will be?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Xavirne wrote:O.O Well, Terrence is a stupid head. Why wouldn't he search someone for weapons. Cray boy is cray.

Also, feel free to call me Xavi or Xav. Much shorter. I'm all about efficiency~!

To be fair, he was probably more worried about Slasher using the townspeople as party poppers. Emotional trauma and all that, y'know? Thanks for editing that, by the way. Makes a bit more sense in the context, all things considered.

Xav... has a familiar ring to it, for some reason. On a similar note, how do you pronounce your Username? Is is X-avirne or Zavirne?

Oh, and by the by. Anybody have objections to me making a Nightkin character? Terrence is a good straight-man and all, but a nutty Nightkin would be good to bounce Terrence's no nonsense personality off of.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 pm

I've always read it as 'Zavirne', but that's what learning the basics of Chinese in order to write a Fallout fic set in China does to you.

Now, it's time for my favourite time of the week - Zero's Ramblings!

- Null and Slasher need to have a knife fight sometime; he's the best with a knife in all of Sigma, and Slasher loves his knives. Should make for a hell of a fight.
- Yes, Null does talk very oddly - and intentionally somewhat like Ulysses from Lonesome Road. God, I loved Ulysses; the way he makes the player consider their personal morality is fascinating. There's actually quite a bit similar between their two characters, now that I look at it.
- The other way that Null might get found out is by Terrence; Terrence appears to have a lot of familiarity with the way different people hold themselves, and he might see the odd way Null moves (his body unusually relaxed for a soldier) and realise that he's used to wearing power armour, which would lead him to suspect that there's more to Null than there seems.
- Bandit's internal monologue on Null and Terrence was decidedly awesome in a crazily hilarious way.
- Nightkin needs to happen. Mostly because Null's never seen one before and would freak the hell out at seeing one.
- Null is getting a sword made out of a Vertibird rotor blade sometime. Don't know how or when or why, but it is happening.
- I can't decide whether Terrence and Null would get along really well or really badly. What I do know is that either way, neither of them would let a gun out of hand's reach while the other is nearby.
- The way I see this next section of the RP going is that the group make their way up to the shack and Bandit and Terrence go to sleep while Null keeps watch. I feel like, when they change watch, whichever one of them follows Null should have a talk with him where he'll explain a bit more about his worldview and his history (that bit will probably be best done in chat for speed''s sake - whoever changes over will need to organise a mutually convenient time for us to do that).

/Zero's Ramblings

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 am

*Laughs hysterically* I can't tell which is funnier, Null speaking like the Tribal Shaman from Fallout 2 or that Terrence probably knows someone who talks exactly like that from working with so many... herbs.

Oh dear lord, this means I'm going to have to figure out most of what Null says since Terrence should understand it. Then I have to make sure I don't mix player and character knowledge, screening all my result so I didn't make an assumption in line with Null's sheet that couldn't have been figured out with Terrence's limited knowledge. Then I have to *goes cross-eyed, head hits desk*

Well, shouldn't be too bad as this first one is fairly obvious.

"Called Null, by those who once leashed me" Some kind of military call sign. Leash is a pretty obvious hyperbole for being owned by another.
"True name... lost to history." He's obviously not a Ghoul or Super Mutant, so the name is not literally lost to time. He was either brainwashed or never learned his given name in the first place.
"Man I was, died before he even began." Didn't have a chance to live a normal life, probably taken as a child and indoctrinated from day one. Supported by sentence two.

So that means he was likely kidnapped as a child, raised as a soldier, and did well enough to be assigned a code name. Since he's currently alone and not in military dress he's either moving through the wasteland in an undercover mission, is on some kind of vacation, or managed to wriggle out of his 'leash' as it were and doesn't want to be recognized. Who the hell vacations in the wilderness when there's scorpions the size of vans? If he's on an undercover mission, why busy himself with two people he just happened to come across and risk getting shot? So that just leaves him jumping his post for some unknown reason.

And despite all of this, I'm not even sure that Terrence would bother reading into what Null says or not! If he respects a person who speaks like that, maybe an elder shaman, then he probably would be able to understand that kind of speech. If there was just this small cult of people living nearby that were constantly huffing Healing Powder at all hours of the day, then he'd wouldn't have as much exposure to that style of talking and would have a negative reaction to it. Decisions, decisions.... I need to go roll dice for a little while, be back later.

Update: Well, after deciding the rule for a statistic on Terrence's sheet (I had to roll a 1 on a d20 [low rolls good] and succeeded, so that's happened) I'm going to have Terrence at least try to understand what Null says. I'm not sure if this is going to be more or less work, but I can't argue with the dice when I roll a crit.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm conceptualizing Aegis in my head. I'm excited about it. Trying to decide if I want it in the heart of or on the outskirts of Austin, or if it should be in the middle of nowhere.

Would it be possible to place "Aegis" as a "places" under the appropriate location once we know where it will be?

Do you want it to have a lot of people walk by it? Or do you want it more isolated? If you're closer to Austin, the Enclave Red Ops might be breathing down your neck. But if you're further from Austin, the less 'safe' you are. You know, since you'll really be living out in the wasteland.

And once we figure out a place for it, I will certainly add it to the list of locations. :)

Xav... has a familiar ring to it, for some reason. On a similar note, how do you pronounce your Username? Is is X-avirne or Zavirne?

Oh, and by the by. Anybody have objections to me making a Nightkin character? Terrence is a good straight-man and all, but a nutty Nightkin would be good to bounce Terrence's no nonsense personality off of.

XAV (eXperimental Autonomous Vehicle), is a highly maneuverable, light mechanized, four-wheeled unmanned vehicle

That is what I found for Xav. I don't think it's what you were thinking of. XP And I have no idea how to say my own username. One day it's z-ah-vern and the next it's one of those two. I added the 'rne' to the end of Xavi (zah-vee) and called it a day. I guess I just like to spell things in an unusual way. O.o;

- Null and Slasher need to have a knife fight sometime; he's the best with a knife in all of Sigma, and Slasher loves his knives. Should make for a hell of a fight.

Agreed. It would be awesome. Thought we would need a series of really short posts (or we would need to plan this via PM).

- Bandit's internal monologue on Null and Terrence was decidedly awesome in a crazily hilarious way.

Woman totes has her priorities set. Sex first, survival later.

- Nightkin needs to happen. Mostly because Null's never seen one before and would freak the hell out at seeing one.

Also agree. And it would add some more diversity to the story :D

- The way I see this next section of the RP going is that the group make their way up to the shack and Bandit and Terrence go to sleep while Null keeps watch. I feel like, when they change watch, whichever one of them follows Null should have a talk with him where he'll explain a bit more about his worldview and his history (that bit will probably be best done in chat for speed''s sake - whoever changes over will need to organise a mutually convenient time for us to do that).

Yeah, that sounds about right. Might make sense of it to be Terrence. I'm going to be MIA this weekend. Boyfriend's birthday weekend so I get to be the DD (boo, I know) and tote him around to get his booze on. So if you two want to do that while I'm gone, that would be fine. Don't want to have you wait on me to come back on Monday.

By the way, there's a good chance I might have someone in my office on Monday so I'll only be able to post at lunch. I'll make sure I at least get on and let you all know what I'm up to and when I'll toss a post up.

I think that's everything. Maybe. O.o

If for some odd reason you need me, hit me up on Skype, AOL, gmail. Xavirne, Xavirne, and Xavirne@gmail.com. I check my email daily so that might be your best option. But Skype should be fine too, as I'll be playing Steam with weekend. Pretty sure I'm Xavirne on there, too. (I'm highly creative, as you can tell)

Who the hell vacations in the wilderness when there's scorpions the size of vans?

Ummm, everyone. XP It's the latest fad. Not.

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Also, hope you're all okay with the 'future' parts of the post. I didn't want to hold anyone up again so I tried to be as vague as I could in getting her to sleep. Also gave her the final shift so, you know, I wouldn't need to post this weekend. XP

ERMERGERD, X{P is a mustache XP man. I need to make more mustache faces.... B{| :{D ;{o

Okay, I'm done. I think... wait... one more....

:'{( He's sad because he's gonna have to shave his 'stache off

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Well, posted! You're up next, Rickshaw. After that, we'll sort out 'whens' and 'hows' of our chat session.

Oh, and no, Null does not understand hints. This may lead to some future hilarity between him and Bandit :D

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Zero Reaper wrote:Well, posted! You're up next, Rickshaw. After that, we'll sort out 'whens' and 'hows' of our chat session.

Oh, and no, Null does not understand hints. This may lead to some future hilarity between him and Bandit :D

Let's see. At 10PM EST, it should be around 1PM in Sydney. Sydney is on the West Coast of Australia, so it's likely later than that for you. So when do you have free time?

@Xavirne (I refuse to shorten it) It's embarrassing how long it took me to figure out what DD meant. We'll look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, have fun... driving, I guess.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:05 am

Well, as of posting this, it's around 7PM on Saturday night. I'm working tomorrow, and will likely be braindead afterwards, but I'm not doing anything the day after, so any time that day? I generally wake up compulsively at 7AM and go to sleep at around 12PM, so any time between then works for me. Oh, and Sydney's on the East Coast.

See you on Tuesday, Xavi!

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!