Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fallout: Red Texas

Fallout: Red Texas

a part of “Fallout: Red Texas”, a fictional universe by Xavirne.

Just your stereotypical end of the world, fallout story. There's death and destruction all around you. Oh and you're in Texas so it's hot. The key is to survive and, if you can do that, you might want to figure out what caused the war to start.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fallout: Red Texas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Fallout: Red Texas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 am

A tribal hunter... hmmm, I imagine such a hunter wouldn't stick around any place too long. I think it would make the most sense to be wandering wherever you see fit. I currently have SlashBan in Ceder Crest Ridge and haven't really placed Cinder anywhere yet. I'm almost thinking of dropping him in Shadyside. He'd be all alone and just wandering around. But I'm not sure.

O.O I guess you've unlimited options to drop into the story. Just be wary of the older posters/users. I haven't seen them in a while so I doubt they'll be returning.
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Well then, time to party. I'll bring the Jet, you bring the Whiskey.

Just a few questions so we can get nice and coordinated.

Is there any future plans for these Townsfolk, or would sniper fire from an overlooking hill not go unappreciated?

This sentence confused me. "Slash asked before moving so that his back was now just inches from the woman with a gun pointed at them." Who exactly has the gun, Bandit or one of the Townsfolk?

If good ol' Terrence and your guys meet up, would it be out of the question for Terrence to know what happened to the people in the village? Say Terrence saw some strange Mirelurks living in the water upstream from where the Townies get there water. Parasitic 'lurks taking over a town could be kinda neat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Xavirne, you still here?

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:35 am

Yes, yes! I'm just never around on weekends and I was gone this Friday. Sorry about that. ^^

And as far as your questions, Rickshaw...

1) Sniper fire would be fine. It would certainly help Slash/Bandit escape.
2) Mini rant, I hate the layout of this site... I always click the wrong thing. Grrr.... Anyway, it's neither. I think. I guess it depends on where Mosswine's Ami is located. From how I read it, she's inside the fenced in area where Bandit and Slasher are. So the pair are backing right up into her line of fire, totally unaware of the fact that someone else is lurking around. Again, these two are more worried about the people in front of them.
[qoute]Her hunger sated temporarily, Ami slung her catch over her shoulder, unclipped the holster for her pistol, and set off down the road. A couple days and another half of a coyote later, she found herself rolling into a little duster village. The place looked deserted, but one could never be too sure. Unholstering her weapon, Ami loosed a loud whistle, raising her welder's mask so she could scan the environment better. She made it halfway around a corner before noticing two bandit types trying to get into a house that appeared to be occupied. Backpedaling quickly, Ami brought her gun to a ready position and peeked out from behind the house again.
'Any sign of trouble from these bandits and I'm gonna hose them,' she thought.[/quote]
3A) Figured I should probably explain what the heck is going on in the town. To explain these people, they have been drugged and are part of an experiment. College Park isn't too far from this area. Although it's overrun by feral ghouls, there are some ghouls who still have their wits about them. These ghouls have been experimenting with the people of Ceder Crest Ridge. They want to see if they can create a drug that'll turn people into ghouls, of sorts. Essentially, they want a larger army so they can wreak havoc on unsuspecting people, especially those who mock and jeer the ghouls. They need these humans to serve as a 'first wave' so when they all die, no real ghouls will be dropped in the process. These ghouls are rather intelligent, as they are the remains of researchers, engineering, and scientists. They pretty much want to rid the wasteland of humans and live in an era of peace where ghouls and radiated kin alike can live in peace and harmony. Humans, in their mind, created this mess and need to be dealt with.
3B) Rather than using Mirelurks, it would be ghouls. But yes, Terrence could have witnessed the ghouls coming and drugging the water. Could also know the whereabouts of the mutant hive. There are some lurking around the village and should probably be avoided.

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:32 pm

I'll have a post up soon. I do need to talk with you about some specifics, however, Xavirne. I'll send you a PM.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 am

I shall do my best to take this seriously, but... I have Kokomo stuck in my head. Nothing can be serious with that song. XD

Anyway, shooting you a PM, Moss~!

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Well. Reading what Slasher is doing, I'm imagining that Terrence is either going to nope on out of the general area or start shooting at Slasher himself. Dear lord.

To quote the Heavy from TF2, "SO MUCH BLOOD!"

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

He was just hungry! He hadn't enjoyed a good meal in days (canned food does not equal a good meal, in his opinion). In all honesty, I have no idea how or why Bandit stays with him. I think a part of it is out of fear. O.o

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:20 am

Terrence hoped that would keep them from seeing him and following. He shivered at the thought of having to talk to that creature or, even worse, get blind sided by it. Or be forced to be his travelling companion, he thought.

I have no idea why I find this so funny, but I am laughing so much that my future abs hurt (yes, future abs because I'm in the process of making them happen).

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 pm

God dammit. Now all I can think of is Slasher putting Terrence in a bear hug while he's covered in gore.

"No, stop hugging me. You're squinchy!"

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 am

Oh god, that's an imagine worth keeping! ;) But Slash would be all happy! Terrence helped save his... Bandit. XD

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Damn woman and their being horribly maimed. Guess Terrence is going to have to do something about that.

EDIT: On the plus side, I've found Terrence's voice. No contractions, misused words for comedic effect.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12 am

I'll have something up within the next day or so.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Can't believe I didn't address the most spectacular light show this side of the Rio Grand before that post. My apologies to Mosswine.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Gah! Fucking site crash! I'm working on something to post now.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 am

You know, I have issues with RPG and its lack of loading the page properly, which ultimately results in the page freezing, thus forcing me to kill Chrome. I am famous for having multiple tabs open though, so I'm sure that's my issue. Still, crashes are no fun, especially when you lose work. :(

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:56 pm

RPG did seem like it was down for the past few days. Bit annoying, but thankfully GOG had released Dungeon Keeper for free (as part of the Valentine's Day sale, it's not free any more) so I was able to fill up some of that time with gloriously low-resolution graphics and minion slapping. Dear lord, that difficulty sure ramps up.

Back on topic, because of multiple past site crashes (on multiple sites, so my sympathies) that threaten to lose all my work I usually use an external program like Write Monkey or Open Office Writer (both of which are 100% free) so the possibility that I'll have to rewrite an epic scene of blood and guts is reduced to zero.

At least it would if I actually bothered to use them....

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:38 am

Bwah ha ha. It's okay, I was playing Borderlands 2 this weekend because they released a new DLC. It was actually pretty boring and it didn't drop anything exciting. But at least I leveled up my character by 3 levels :D

You know, I keep telling myself I will use off-site things to store my posts. Heck, even GoogleDocs would work... if I were to actually use it. And I have MS Word but... the pains of having to open it. I actually miss my Mac at times like this. It had a nifty program called Text Editor. It was simple but quick and easy to use. I didn't have to worry about formatting issues either.

Maybe one day I'll use one. Until then, FINGERS CROSSED and frequent copy/pastaing. ;D

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rickshaw_Watcher on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Sounds like Write Monkey. It's easy and simple, but you can do a lot more with it if you wish. Plus you can set it to be transparent so you can keep an eye on something else in the background, which is nice so you can keep an eye on forums and quickly rewrite your post if you get ninja'd by someone else posting before you. My favorite feature is the ability to have a noise set for pressing keys; I use a typewriter noise set when I write with it, with particular joy when starting a new paragraph since the common "Ding" plays when enter is pressed.

http://writemonkey.com/

Might look for a noise set that sounds like writing with a pen or pencil on notebook paper.

Rickshaw_Watcher
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm

FYI, it sounds like Moss might be dropping. So it might be us for a while, unless we can find some new people to join us.

Also, I'll be gone Wed/Thurs so I won't be able to post then. Hopefully, I'll get a post up tomorrow though. :)

Xavirne
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!