Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fateful Travels

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Fateful Travels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Ducking under a branch, Jade considered this question. She so rarely gave out what she felt to be her true name...even Gwen had not learned it for so long after they had met. But if this canim was a Chosen, as she believed him to be..

"My name is Jade," She answered, glancing at her guide out of the corner of her eye, "And if you've nothing better to do...perhaps you could come along with my fellows and I. We are on a quest of great import."

This seemed like enough information for now. If he was interested, he could ask more. If not, then he could just guide her up to the cliff and then continue being a dog for the hermit. No doubt that at the very least, she would be seeing him again the following day when she returned with her companions.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 pm

He stopped for a moment and looked back at Jade, "I take it that is why you wish to go up the mountain?[" they reached a clearing and another path that swirled around the mountain. "Follow this path and you'll find a valley at the top. You'll find a tribe of Canim's... Like myself but you might want to go back to town to get items for the harsh environment. If you still wish for a guide after you return I will join you." he started to walk back and gave a glance to Jade he handed a totem whistle. "Call for Orrin." He continued to walk past until he was out of sight.
Join Crimson Reign! It's a Roleplay O.o
post165679.html#p165679

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:06 pm

mar sat there and contemplated....The Nacturna are gathering? What for I wonder. It wasn't long before Mar's vampiric sences kicked in. He noticed now Jade and Lars where missing from the Tavern. "Perhaps that dragon had something to do with it." He shook off the notion, but he felt there was something new to be looked into. He will ask Jade when she returns.
Nothing can be obtained in this world without some degree of Image

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Jade followed Orrin with her eyes, then lightly nudged the horse to continue on the path. She went along for a short distance, examining all of the possible pitfalls for the larger group when they made their way up for the actual attempt. A tribe of canim, Orrin had said. That would make things considerably more difficult...especially with their Dracon members. Finally, she tugged the horse around, clutching at its thick neck to prevent herself from falling. Not her most graceful moment (and sprinkled with a fair share of impolite words), but again, she had never before ridden a horse. Going down the mountain was a fair deal slower than going up, if only because she spent extra time memorizing key plants and upturned dirt, so as to remember where she had gone. It wasn't too difficult, as she had always had a remarkable memory. One of the few gifts she had actually been born with, she had always said. She could remember every crevice of every gold or silver coin in a purse, and every muscle that needed to be shifted for a properly executed strike. If she had ever learned how to read or write, perhaps she might have had a decent memory with literature as well. As it was...

By the time she neared the small clay town once more, the sun had set. Stars were just beginning to wink down upon the village, and the other three golden creatures attached to the carriage appeared to be resting their eyes. But she doubted they ever truly slept. Ambling off of the horse, she uttered a slightly muffled groan as she stretched out her legs. How those crazy knights managed to ride around like that all day was beyond her!

Stretching out tired muscles, the small cloaked figure yawned and made its way over to the golden vehicle to tie the borrowed steed back into its place. The night was quiet and peaceful...which was certainly an odd juxtaposition to what Jade was certain would happen on the morrow.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Mar let out a low hiss. Literally flying to the carriage, and landing loudly atop of it. He whispered in dracon, "Where have you ventured this day, Jade? Tired or not...Words need to be spoken." He sat and waited, his eyes glowing in the dark.

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 am

Jade paused, eying the dragoon who stared down at her with a sort of tired interest. She recognized that he, being a creature of the night, would require little sleep...but she was not nocturnal. She needed sleep. And heat. The drayla were born with powerful magic that made up for their dracon lack of internal warming...but Jade had been born without any magic to speak of. So while she was not entirely cold blooded, she had great difficulty in keeping warm all of her own devices.

"Very well. Words shall be spoken, so long as they are done so quickly."
She patted the horse's flank, still looking up at Mar. "But allow me to say one thing, very briefly, brother Mar. It has not escaped my attention that you and my Sena seem to have some sort of...attraction to each other. That's fine. You don't seem like the type of man to toy with a girl's emotions. But just understand: if you break her heart, I will break your legs." And with this, she pulled her cloak more warmly about herself, leaving that subject behind. "Now then. What is it you wish to say?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:05 am

"The five relics of legend." Havin said, saying the words very slowly, putting an emphasis on each one. "Quite a title. You could make it more interesting by throwing in the words, ancient, or quest, or danger, or... I don't know. And no, I am not dogging your question. To say I am without faith, is to say the sun is without warmth, master knight. I know that judgment is coming for me. Indeed the Four shine a light about our world, but it is a piercing light. It shows the world as it is. There is beauty yes, but there is filth, contamination. With that light, I have seen enough evil to last my lifetime over again and again. I have served the God's before, Myrmidon. But if following that light must reveal what the darkness hides, then for now I would rather not see. Faith I have master Knight, but I will ignore that faith for now. You are so young, yet so grounded in your faith. I was not as strong as you." Havin chuckled, then continued. "The God's have not seen fit to kill me yet, so perhaps I will be redeemed. But not today, master knight, but not today. Now, to talk of something new, either I never caught your name, or I have forgotten it. I refuse to call you master knight again, it sounds like something from a child's story. The kind I heard, before you were even a whisper of existence."

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gwen on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:54 am

Gwen walked out of the temple with Renmith in her arms. Mar was already gone; over with the others she suspected. Nighttime had already fallen and a blanket of stars sparkled in the deep blue mass above their heads. Did I talk with Relna for that long? Remnants of the conversation she had with the goddess flashed through her memory as she walked back to the carriage. Her attention turned, however, to Jade who was having a little chat with Mar. He was perched on top of the carriage like a dark sentinel of the night.
Oh dear, she thought. Jade must be giving him advice on how to stay on her good side. Silently, she slipped inside the carriage. Inside, the padded seats were warm and welcoming. Gwen had not realized how tired she was until she stretched out alone on of them. Being in the presence of an almighty being probably taxed her mortal body. Renmith curled up close beside her and, as usual, left one ear at attention while the other flopped forward in a relaxed state. Gwen lay there quietly as she listened to the sounds of the night, and soon was fast asleep.

Gwen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Mar laughed shortly. "Very well, where did you travel? I've found some very unfortunate news that you may want to contemplate if our travels bring us far North. The Nacturna, a large group of vampires are rallying in Lellen. Something most unusual, and must not mean good things for those who stick to the light. Their leader, Gorgoroth is one of the most ancient. His hate for the other God's children that have not been afflicted is...well you get my meaning. If we are traveling to North Lellen during our venture, you must let me know as soon as possible."

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Jade appeared to have wrapped her arms around herself under the cloak. But she was listening intently. "In North Lellen...gathering when? Well...I suppose it's not truly a battle if there is only one side." She chuckled softly, looking up to the stars as though seeking something. "We fight to restore balance, then surely there will be an army of chaos to confront us. Unfortunately, I seem to recall one of our relics being marked on North Lellen. Far from us now, likely one of the last we'll be picking up. Not in the same area, but close enough to cause problems, I'm sure." She sighed, shifting her weight as she looked back to Mar.

"I went up the mountain. I wanted to see what issues we would face in gathering our first object, whatever it may be. The climb is not overly strenuous, But it appears there is a tribe of canim surrounding our destination. As you are well aware, Hotay's dogs have never been fond of Zaeken's lizards...of which we have several. I believe our best bet would be to first request peaceful access to the item's hiding place. And if they refuse.." She shrugged, making a chopping motion with one hand. "I have no objections to a good clean fight. Oh, and..." She cleared her throat, chuckling softly. "I do believe I stumbled upon another Chosen. The last one."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fade on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Emerald green eyes gazed upon the woman whom tied the reins of the horse back onto the carriage that they had been traveling, along with the other figure whom addressed her. In the mist of the cold night his breath barely showed , even unto himself; the breaths found themselves extremely slow and steady to allow perked ears the pleasantries of eavesdropping upon a conversation. Her conversation was relatively unimportant to him until the mention of several factors, the Canim and Zaekin’s ‘lizards’.

He walked like a lithe shadow up to the two, his body now covered in some medium black leather hide. All and all he seamed more well adorned for combat as wrist guards, the leather vest, leather pants and leather boots covered what had been previously considered a savage dressing. Hanging on a somewhat loose belt were those two wickedly curved daggers from before and now in place of the bow and arrow stood scimitar blades diagonal across his back, one black pearled handle peaking over each shoulder.

“Good, clean fight isn’t in the Canim dictionary.” He glanced briefly at Mar before gazing over at Jade with a slight look of disgust on his face. “And judging by the scent of the Canim of who you met, neither is a bath.”

He kept his eyes on Jade for a moment before he squatted down to the ground to rest his wrists upon his knees. “No matter how many advantages you think you have on a Canim, don’t think in the least you’ll ever have an advantage. Their trained to think several moves head from birth, taking all possibilities into account.”

Fade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Jade twisted to face the canim that had so suddenly approached. She did not appear surprised...more annoyed, really.The glow of her eyes narrowed slightly, and she rested her hands at her belt as she watched him slither out of the shadows. Though she tried not to judge the creatures of the mortal realm by their races...she still had yet to meet a canim she liked. And this one had already wasted so much time in that race around in the trees. A time wasting canim that had just crawled out of the dark to insult Mar and herself. Her temper began to flare, just the slightest bit.

"Are you not the sprinting worm that we encountered a nie two weeks ago? I could have sworn that I was clear. Either you joined us then or you were left back to play in the leaves. What in great blue blazes do you want, dog?" Really, all things considering, she was almost being polite. She was tired and cold, and dealing with someone she already disliked. "And by the way...I've met several canims that failed miserably in thinking steps ahead of myself. So truthfully, I believe you give your kin a touch more credit than due."

Turning her head, but not her body, back towards Mar, Jade spoke in the same irate tone, "Brother, I've had more than enough amusement for one day. Unless you need anything else, I'm going to go find myself some rest."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fade on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Fade tilted his head back, his jeweled eyes gazing towards the sky. Any other Canim would have been set off by the insult of being called a dog, but Fade’s soft pink, cupid bow lips just turned into a small smirk, the small outlines of dimples forming at the corner of his mouth. He spoke without bothering to look back to the woman, “I told you I have no love for the God’s or their needs of the world. Canim only worship Hotay for the fact that they pray their death will be a glorious one.” Fade stood straight again, still looking up as his smirk remained, even between the words. “The world of Canim, I have all the interested in the world for."

Fade gazed over towards Mar, watching the cursed one with a slight interest, having for the first time got a real up close scent of it. His left eyebrow perked a bit at the interest of it before he gave a soft chuckle. “As for being a dog? A dog is man’s best friend, a being that would bow down before him. I guarantee that I bow down to no man… Or woman…” He put that last little bit in there because he’s met her type before, the woman who always had to try and cut in the last word for their own belittling amusement. But his words were meant to keep her sharp tongue blunt.

“Either way, do things right and it saves you and your friends time. The choice is yours. Now if you need me, I’ll be at the inn.”
He walked away just as silently as he had came, his direction aimed towards the tavern. Has he aimed towards the shadows he could have easily blended into the dark within ten feet. Either way, he left the doorway of options cracked for them, the choice as how to handle it was up to them.

Fade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Mar gave a grunt in disapproval of the Canim on the mountain, but left the conversation where it was. As the other Canim approached, Mar gave a warning stare then took flight. He landed quietly next to Gwen, and stood like a looming keep over her. A creature of the night, watching the stars, waiting for the Sun to raise again.

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallik on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Orrin crept his way through the forest after leaving Jade. He was already back to the hermit probably by the time Jade made it back to town. He lifted up the flap to the hermit's tent, the hermit looked up after counting his newly acquired coins.
"What did she want?" asked the hermit. Orrin stopped and put down his belt. He made his way to the corner of the tent and circled around following his tail patting the ground and then lying down.
"Passage." he said closing his eyes. The sky was dark but a small fire in the middle was warm and comforting. Orrin felt his stress burn away with the fire. The hermit didn't bother him tossing his coins in his hands.
"You planning on going with her?" he asked finally, stopping his jingle of coins. Orrin opened one eye and lifted his eyebrow. "The traveler, I mean."
"I'm considering it..." he said, "She plans on making a pass through the Canim tribe." the hermit looked startled but did not leave his seat. He was looking at Orrin like he was both insane and stupid.
"And you're thinking about going with them?" he asked in a worried tone.
"Yes..." said Orrin a little unsure as to where he was going with this.
"Orrin, they banished you. Meaning you can never return."
"I know what it means!" snapped Orrin. He let out a giant growl, the hermit resided and reclined to his chair.
"You better have a plan thats all I'm saying."
Orrin tossed his comment aside and closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.

Hallik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:02 pm

The pinking of the eastern skies, a herald that was both boon and bane to all. The large fiery orb that cast down the warmth and light, the sun was preparing to once again stride forth mightily across the lands.

The smell of cooking bacon, sizzling and popping in iron skillets. Eggs, just collected, crashing and cracking, spilling their treasure within on to hot surfaces, frying. Children tired and weary struggled to stay awake as they began their morning chores before breakfast.

The small town nestled in the foothills had woken as they always had, to welcome the pinking of the eastern skies. Only this day was different. This day the Chosen of the Four had waken among them. Those who knew the legends would have hardly recognized the champions. Were the Gods of War and Death so powerful they overshadowed their sisters? Those who understood the legends would have nodded sagely that these were indeed the Chosen. War and Death had run rampant in the world, choking off the hope of Peace and Life. Indeed the abundance of those dedicated to the Brothers were a powerful symbol to the woes that had befallen the world.

Lars stood from his morning prayers to Myra. He dressed slowly, securing every buckle and strap. Sliding once again into the metal wall that protected him, Lars looked at the mountain Jade had hinted as holding the first of the relics.

Blue-grey eyes stared at the mountain, watching as the creeping dawn washed over the rocky crags. The last cinch of the worn sword belt. Turning swiftly Lars made his way to the cooking bacon and freshly baked breads the maids had brought to the carriage. Clearly if this were to be his last days he would enjoy it.

The eyes that had recently looked upon their possible doom, scanned the companions, Each lost in their own rituals and thoughts. Today would be their first test as companions, as the Chosen.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Jade straightened, having said her peace to the God of War. 'Allow us to fight well, grant us courage to die, grant us strength that we won't have to, protect my fellows from blade or bow.' All relatively basic requests. And before she had finished, she had decided to do something she rarely considered. She prayed to Myra. She prayed for the hearts of the canim on the mountain to be softened, so that there would be no need for bloodshed. It wasn't something she had ever prayed for before...but the idea had struck her, so she had followed it. Now, she moved away from her preparating fellows and approached the village's elder.

"May the Four guide you well, Chosen One." The elder croaked, offering a wobbly bow. Jade caught him halfway, guiding him back to a straightened position.

"Please, old one. We are mere mortals, like yourself. Save your wobbly bows for the Siblings." A crooked smile flashed under the dark hood, and the elder returned it with a wrinkly grin. The two grasped arms as though they were old war companions, and Jade turned on her heel. As she headed back towards the carriage, the elder called after her if they would be returning. "I should think not, old one! Our quest requires speed. If we are successful, it is back into the jaws of travel that we shall launch ourselves!"

The troop of children that Jade had played with sniffled as one and rubbed at wet eyes. She patted each of them on the head, tickled a few chins, then launched herself back into the driver's seat.

"My friends," She called to her fellow champions, "We take this cart to the base of the mountain, then we go by foot. We will arrive in a few short minutes, so prepare yourselves however you see fit."

She cracked the reigns, and they were off.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:40 am

So Havin was to join them on their quest. It was good, he thought, for he had been idle for a very long time, until the very blood in his veins cried out for adventure. Now that craving would be satisfied, only this time there was something different...
Last edited by Axanthisis on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:22 am

Mar was begining to actually enjoy caravaning on this golden box on wheels. The morning was still into coming, dew from plants, trees, and rocks alike was shining in the pale light of the rising Sun. As the montain grew closer, Mar wrinkled his nose. To others, there wasn't much to smell, or sence. But to him his vampiric sences kicked in hard. Canim, and plenty of them.

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gwen on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Gwen sat next to Jade as she drove the Carriage out of the town. She yawned deeply, for though she had slept through the night uninterrupted, she did not receive any rest. It was as though she could not stop thinking throughout the night. Renmith sat next to her on the seat. He was eying her as she thought to herself. His mind was elsewhere as well.
The dog demon could not help but worry about his beloved charge and her interest in the dragoon. He worried even more over the return of interest from Mar. But he thought back on the conversation he had with Relna, and tried to stop thinking too much about it. Fortunately he could because a breeze blew past them and, without even sniffing, he caught the scent of his kin, the Canim.
Renmith's hackles raised and he growled.
"What is it?" Gwen asked, noticing the change in his behavior.
"We are in Canim territory now," he said aloud for everyone to hear. "We'd best be on our guard. Canims are no more special than dragoons or any other halfbreed. But my kin still make noteworthy opponents. If we're lucky, perhaps they will take no interest in us."
"Your kin?"
"You should know by now, Gwen, that any dog race is considered my kin."
"Of course, I forgot...." Gwen rolled her eyes. But will it be of any help to us?

Gwen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!