Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Forever Holme

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Re: Forever Holme

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby love4shadow on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Xina heard Elijah request that she cut Perceval, and good. She thought about it as she continued to run around. Did he want her to kill him? Probably not. She went to cut him but he wasn't their, she skidded to a stop" Huh?" was the only thing she said, she looked around for him, she then looked at the portal, it was unguarded. He went through the portal, she looked at Elijah to see how he would react.

~~~

Flint watched Xina running around in the vortex, it made him dizzy, he shook his head and looked away, the dizzy spell went away. He saw Elijah holding something, it was his device. He walked over" How'd you get that from my pocket? And, what value is it to you?" Flint asked, he turned around and saw that Xina had stop running, but wasn't their some one else? Elijah was asking if they would come to the lab with them. Xina walked up, and looked at the ground" I ... I'm sorry. I let him past ..." she whispered, her hair was very wind blown, very messy and all over the place, but she ignored it. She was more sad that she failed to do what Elijah asked, and now Perceval got what he wanted. Flint looked at Xina, then to Elijah" He ... can't do THAT much damage ... I mean ... he's just a human like me! ... right?" Flint asked, Xina shook her head, but said nothing" ...no?" Flint asked, he waited for someone to explain.
ImageImage Click Meh 8D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

love4shadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Holding onto Elijah's arm, Tievel smiled. "Don't apologize - it's Perceval's fault for messing with Xina in the first place; you're completely blameless." She touched her free hand to the burns, brushing the reddened skin with her fingers.

"All right," she said as he mentioned healing the irritations. "I was never a fan of peeling skin when I was younger." She smiled, trying to make light of the situation.

"A request?" Giving his arm a squeeze, she winked. "I'll say it again, Mr DeCourt. I work for you; hence, I'll be helping."
here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama. Fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama, llama, duck

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Phelan frowned, not liking that information one bit. Perceval spoke of wanting peace, but it seemed as if he had went in only to cause trouble... he truly was insane. Perhaps if they removed the daemon... oh well, thoughts on that later.

Phelan nodded as Mr. Decourt aided Tievel and spoke of another request. Phelan was far from done, and this was the most excitement he'd had in a long time. He was right to have remained after chancing it through the portal... after this he would definitely go back to Lupeshire and take a break. Enjoy the high class society and perhaps go to a few balls, although those things weren't really to his taste.

(Sorry it's so short)

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 am

Back at Forever Holme, Elijah suggests that everyone has at least a couple of hours rest as they may need it. First he shows Phelan to a lovely cosy room on the first floor whilst the others waited in the hall.

"Mr Witchelny.. Phelan.. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done. I just want to say that without you, Perceval would certainly have shot me earlier and gone through the portal and he would have been at his full stregnth.. as it is now he is close to death, I can feel it. He will need to renew his stregnth and there's only one way he can do it. All will be revealed.. you must rest.. and we'll meet in the library in a couple of hours? Is that alright?"

And then Xina was shown to a better safer room than she had before and then Flint to an adjoining room to Xina's. He gave them all instructions to rest well and in a couple of hours to meet him in the library.. for an explanation.. and new information. He took Flint to one side for a second. "That device you made that brought you here... can it read the portal no matter where we are? If I was say.. in another world.. could I read that little device and find out if someone has come through it?

As for Tievel, whilst everyone was resting and preparing for later he took her to the lab and sat her down on the big stone slab in the middle of the room. He removed her cloak for her and saw the damage perceval had done to her neck and face.. very red and looked sore. "You're lucky he didn't do any more damage than that.. I can only say Thank God Phelan had put that fire protection spell on you. I can regenerate your skin, but I need you to trust me Tievel... I know you don't know me that well.. but I need you to trust me here.. alright?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perceval exited on a barren cold land, barely able to move or get himself to any kind of shelter or safety. He lay trembling in a heap next to a big rock, his face wet with tears, mingling with blood and his arm bleeding still from the injuries he'd received earlier. "I did it.. I did it.. " Was all he could say. But he'd never felt so weak... delerious or close to death. He didn't know how long he lay there before suddenly being brought back to consciousness by the sound of a deafening roar. He pulled himself up against the rock, and dragged himself to the edge of a small cliff, there was the most horrific sight he'd ever seen. The Giant Slor, a massive blob of mass and red blood was making its way through the rocks. It was truly terrifiying. "Slor..." He whispered. He'd never seen one.. only heard of the time one almost made it through the portal. The reality of it was different to what he'd imagined. He realised he needed to be out of its reach and so, spying a cave in the distance he dragged himself to his feet and ran as best as he could towards the cave. The Giant Slor picked up on his scent and his blood trail and followed him, roaring and spilling blood wherever it went. Just as he thought he might make it to the cave, he tripped and fell and as the blob of mass approached him he was at the Mercy of the Slor... till two small hands grabbed him and pulled him away from it... into the cave...

Perceval was too weak to stay conscious and fainted...
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 am

So this was the lab he'd spoken of. Glancing around interestedly, Tievel held still as he took the cloak from her shoulders. And then he started going on about trust again. Breathing a short sigh, she cast him an exasperated look.

"You're fussing again, Mr DeCourt," she said calmly. "I'm not some silk-slippers city fool who has to be told everything's all right every two minutes. I've been independent for years now and I'm a better person for it." She looked at him directly, eyes and voice turning serious. "If skin regeneration or whatever is what it takes for me to function properly again, then so be it."

Sitting straight and tall, she offered a little shrug. "The doctor always knows best," she added with a small smile.

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am

Elijah gave a sort of mock frown and a smile at the same time. "Do I fuss?" He asked shaking his head. He gently moved her head to the side with his fingertips. "okay.. your cells here need regeneration... if you trust me, your body will trust me.. just relax... *places one hand on the main part of the burn* Just tell me when it starts to feel better alright?

He closed his eyes and hummed a little as if getting a pitch just right.. and moved his hand back and forth. "I don't fuss you know.. " he said. "I just look out for vulnerable women.. I mean.. this is a dangerous time.. dangerous place... is that so fussy of me?" *Pause* You'd miss it if I wasn't here.. *grins*

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 am

One glance around the room was enough to satisfy Phelan's curiosity, and he casually turned back to Mr. Decourt, returning to his odd Human skin as he did so. For some reason he always recovered his magic faster (and kept it longer) in his Human skin, despite the fact that it took some magic to maintain. He had never questioned this, simply accepted it as a fact and used it to his advantage. Wintry blue eyes turned to the man, or daemon, their depths unreadable as always in Human form...

"I could do no less. I do not wish to see anyone die, which is why what you say about Perceval disturbs me, although his actions are rather repugnant and insane. It is a mixed feeling... I believe that having him dead would save much grief, but at the same time, I cannot condone it..." He paused, realizing that he had revealed more that he wanted to, then ended abruptly,"In any case, thank you for your hospitality. I will most certainly be present for this meeting."

He turned towards the bed as Mr. Decourt left, but then turned and headed for a chair near the window. He sat down in the chair, leaning back and peering out the window with unfocused eyes. Meditation was quite a therapeutic activity and allowed him to refresh himself much faster than a mere nap.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby love4shadow on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Xina walked into the room and looked around, she turned back to Elijah and gave a sort of bow" Thank you. I will be at the meeting. Do you want Flint their too?" She asked. Probably, since he's here and with her.

~~~

Flint looked around the room, it was quite nice, he also liked that he could go into Xina's room without having to go through the hall. He turned to Elijah when he asked about the device" Yes, to put it into a short explanation ... It saves everything the portal does and everyone that goes through it" He gently took the device from Elijah and typed on it for a second, he showed it to him" see? It first connected here, then I went through it. It then moved to ... " he looked at the destination code" umm ... I'm not sure where that is ... but then the other guy ... went through it ... Perceval?" he read Percevals name slowly, trying to pronounce it correctly, he looked up at Elijah from the device, as if wanting to know who he was.

~~~

* after the talk with Elijah*

Flint nocked on the door that lead to Xina's room and slowly opened it, he peered in. She was over at the window, looking outside. He walked in and went over to her, she looked at him for a split second, then back outside" You shouldn't have come ..." She whispered, Flint looked outside to see what she was looking at" Why? If I lost you ..." he looked at the ground, Xina looked at him" That's why I want you to go back " she whispered" You could at least continue with your life on Kinet" she told him, he sighed" What life ...?" he looked at her" I'm not going back. I'm staying. Plus, your friend has the portal device. I can't go back" Xina looked confused" Portal device?" she asked" It controls the portal and records what it does. But even if I had it, I'm not leaving. You promised" Xina closed her eyes and looked away" Yea ... I did ..." Flint really didn't want to bring that up, it always hit her hard" We should get some rest" Xina said, her voice sounded a little cracky, as if she just finished crying. She got up and walked over to the bed" Can I ... join you?" Flint asked, hesitantly, she smiled and moved over, he slipped off his lab coat and climbed into bed. Xina slept on her side, and Flint held her close, as if she was a teddy bear. They both drifted off to sleep.

[ aww ... isn't romance so cute ^^]

love4shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 am

Elijah took a little while to help Tievel with the burns on her neck. "Now you too should rest, there is a lot to prepare for, and without rest you will be unprepared." He took the cloak she was wearing and folded it up. "Maybe I should get rid of this.. it was damaged by the flame.. only slightly but still .. you can smell it and its not too good."

For all Tievel was feisty and brave, she looked quite vulnerable sitting there. He did admire her spirit, and her zest for life. He wondered if she caught him looking at her, if she realised how he felt.. what he was thinking. The burns were gone but he still reached out and gently touched her neck. "What were you running from girl... what did you need to get away from?" He asked enquiring more about her past. He looked to be in some kind of dream.. or trance as his eyes met hers.. what was that... a moment? Something more?
He blinked and turned away, he hoped he hadn't overstepped the mark.. was this awkward? Was she alright with that?
"W..well.. I better dispose of this cloak here.. and.. get ready.. lots to er.. do.. to tell..." he continued. "If you will allow me to show you to one of the rooms...you can freshen up and rest..."

Elijah showed her to the room that would be hers. He unlocked the door and just as she was about to go in he took her hand. "Thank you for... what you did tonight. I mean it." He said sincerely, and politely kissed her hand.

After making sure everyone was resting, he went to his room and freshened up and changed into a smart black suit. As he hoped, the servants were released from Percevals enchantments and the house was bustling with activity in a matter of minutes. He informed the staff they had guests and instructed them to prepare a hearty breakfast which they would be having in the library. He made sure everything was perfect, and got out the books he needed.. what he had to tell them was very important and deep...

He sat behind the big desk and opened one of the books as he awaited their arrival.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:10 am

((Sorry this took so long, guys. School and social life caught up with me, lol))

She smiled as the magick did it's work. The irritation and stretched-skin feeling eased, leaving her comfortable and able to breathe much easier. She opened her mouth to speak, but he beat her to it, commenting on the singed cloak.

"Oh. All right," she nodded. She carefully touched the new skin - it was cool and smooth, no different from the skin on her face or arm. "Thank you," she added.

And then he asked the question. Her guard instantly went up, the urge to keep her secrets making itself known. No, she reminded herself. He had a right to know.

"The last town before the Moor, I had a run-in with a small group of men from my hometown," she said, shifting to sit cross-legged on the tabletop. "They belonged to an elite faction of the defense force. My father sent them after me, to bring me back. I've been gone five years, and it's taken them this long to find me." She shrugged uncomfortably. "I'm afraid I left them with several minor injuries and a rather . . . acidic-sounding message for my father, using words not fitting for a 'lady.'" She slid down off the table, as she finished, tired, but still alert.

They walked in silence to the room that was to be hers. When Elijah thanked her, she smiled. "You're welcome. Truth be told, our little group seems to work quite well together." He kissed her hand then, prompting a quiet rush of colour across her face. She smiled once more, said goodnight, and went inside.

The bed was soft; that much she found out when faceplanted into it. No thoughts came after that. She was already asleep.

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Small but insistent noises and muffled rapid thuds caused Phelan to open his wintry blue eyes and gaze around thoughtfully. These were the noises of an active household, noises that Phelan was rather pleased to hear. He stood up from the chair, immediately transforming from his rather rumpled Human skin to his refreshed natural form. His inner clock told him he'd been meditating for an hour and a half.

The wolfish creature walked across the room, opened the door, and entered the hallway, closing the door quietly behind him and giving a quick glance around. It appeared that Mr. Decourt's servants had indeed returned to the house. Phelan walked noiselessly down the hall way and through the house for the library, wondering if he might catch Mr. Decourt there, despite the fact that it was still a half hour before the 'meeting'. He entered, golden eyes immediately drawn to the desk, and spotted the master of the house. He was reluctant to interrupt his reading, but he would rather announce his presence so that the man wouldn't be overly surprised to find him there whenever he did happen to glance up.

"Greetings, Mr. Decourt," He said simply and politely.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby love4shadow on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Flint and Xina where asleep for quite awhile, a noise that the servants made caused Flint to snort and slowly open his eyes, he was lying across the bed, and not the right way across, his head hanging off the side, he slowly raised his head and saw Xina, still sleeping where she was when Flint fell asleep. He got up onto a sitting position and gently shook Xina. She threw her arm at him, trying to slap him, she then switched positions" Be that way" Flint said, he got up and grabbed her ankles, she then started pulling her off the bed, she held onto the sheets" No! I don't want to get up!" She yelled, she made a small but loud scream when she finally fell off the bed, she landed on the floor with a loud thump, they both began laughing as Xina got up from the floor" How long where we asleep?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes, Flint walked over and picked up his lab coat off the floor" Dunno ... shouldn't we go to the library?" Flint asked, she nodded and left the room. Flint followed.

Xina entered the library first, Phelan was already down here, and Elijah, of course. Flint did the same thing Xina did when she first saw the room, he looked around, astonished.

[ couldn't really thing of anything x.x I probably won't get to post again till tomorrow night so yea.]

love4shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Elijah was both meditating and reading when Phelan noiselessly entered the library half an hour earlier than expected. "Greetings Mr DeCourt" Came the smooth tones of Phelans voice.

"Greetings" Elijah smiled and moved the books to reveal a large golden chalice made of absolutely pure gold.. "shhh" he said moving his finger to his lips. He handed Phelan the chalice. "What do you see in this chalice?" He asked "Tell me when you think you know what it is...alright?" He bade the Canimium to sit down. "Please make yourself comfortable.. I hope you rested well?

No sooner had he handed Phelan the chalice, Flint and Xina opened the door to the library. "Greetings young ones.." Elijah said and gestured to the food waiting. "Eat well.. and you too Phelan.. eat well... let it not be said that my hospitiality is poor!" He continued "Eat as much as you like. There is much to discuss, and an important mission to accomplish.. hopefully before my brother regains his stregnth." He checked the grandfather clock in the corner... it was still early, but Tievel was not here.. he assumed she needed rest. "In the meantime study the chalice.. if you can tell me what you see in it I would be very grateful.. and sadly that is NOT the Holy grail.. though it is beautiful.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:38 pm

The sounds of people moving about brought Tievel awake. She'd somehow rolled onto her back as she slept; stretching luxuriously, she opened her eyes to stare up at the ceiling. Daylight washed across the walls, indicating that it was time to get up.

Rising, she straightened her clothes, moving to the mirror on the opposite wall, curious as to just how bad she looked after last night. Someone had left a comb and basin of water on a small table - hallelujah for the little things. Brushing her hair out quickly, she washed her face before heading for the door.

She found the others in the library, entering just in time to hear the mention of the Holy Grail. "Really, Mr DeCourt, you're thinking of going after that little fairy tale?" She smiled to show that she was joking as she settled into the chair next to his. "Interesting little piece you have there . . . ." Curiosity was starting to take over. "Do tell what you're thinking."

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 am

"Fairytale?" *Elijah grinned* "Fairytale ... hardly a fairytale... Phelan.. show Tievel the chalice.. see what she makes of it. If you can see anything tell me alright...?"

Now.. now that you are all here I expect you want an explanation for what happened last night. It is complicated but you do need to know.

As a child I was very resiliant.. that is.. if I got hurt.. I would heal quickly. Almost too quickly. Anyhow.. when Perceval was possessed by his Daemonic host.. we were only children.. maybe 15 years of age.. .about that...

He and I had an altrication, he threw me right down the stairwell breaking every bone in my body and I should have been dead. I survived and healed within the hour... *pauses* Nobody knew why.. I didn't know why.. I was as confused as anyone else. The servants at the time were a band of Gypsies my father had taken on, and our mother was one of them..she.. died.. during childbirth..we were the only children she had. *glances to the painting in the library* That's.. our mother over there.

My father... hated me from day one, and what he did was.. he... *starts to get a little unnerved telling the story* I.. I am told he threw me into the fire because I was born dark like the gypsies. *He looks visibly nervous but recovers quickly* And.. and.. well I'm told the fire put itself out.. just like that.. my er.. fear of fire is irrational... I know that. I actually can handle it rather well. It's just if it is out of control I become concerned for other people and all other life.. such as trees.. and er... animals and so on.. I get protective of them.. I want to do something to help. Last night I saw Phelan trying desparately to put out the flames.. and Xina was trapped and.. and.. Tievel was going to brave the flames to go and rescue her.. and I felt very very protective of you all.. and I was facing Perceval... I suppose part of me remembered what happened when I was a baby.. he threw me into the fire and it extinguished.. and so I saw no other way.. probably because I was so obsessed with the fire.. I saw no other way than to give up my life to save you all.

Now.. Sam.. was what the Gypsies used to call me.. when Perceval tried to kill me.. they took me away to protect me from him. Called me Sam.. took me far and wide they did.. taught me many things. And it was whilst I was with the gypsies we came upon a small town in France where I encountered a wise old man... who showed me how to make this... *shows them a vial of some liquid.. white seemed to be continually moving* This he called Elixir of Life.. and if I drink of this I would live forever... and indeed I have... for as soon as I was killed in the flames.. I materialised as Sam.. returning to Forever Holme.. it .. was only when I met St. Germain he whispered the words to reunite my soul with my body...

I am.. sorry if this is complicated.. and.. strange..

Now what I have to ask you is important.. you may decide you don't want to come.. and thats ok.. but Flint's little device has made it possible now for me to go into the portal and help my brother...find him and bring him home so we can give him the medication he needs and help him come to terms with his condition. There is also another reason we must retrieve him. He.. can and will use the portal to go back and forth in time.. and make himself great.. he can basically do whatever he wants.. and he wants the immortality that is given to me with this Elixir of life. He tried to replicate the formula several times but he can never get it exactly right. But there's only a couple of places it can be found.. and he knows that as well as I do. It is derived from the Philosophers stone.. or.. or.. if you can find the Holy Grail and drink of it.. then the same will occur. He craves immortality.. so that he might destroy MY existence or yours or anyone elses as he so desires.. but that he will live on.. regardless. Now.. the Society of Rosae Crucis.. took the real Grail.. from the vaults of this mansion and transported it through the universe via the portal. They said they did so to prevent others from finding it.. that this would be the best thing for it. And yes the Rosae Crucis are descendents of the Grail Knights... and part of the reason Perceval has his name... after Parsifal.. who found the Holy Grail for King Arthur.

I am going into the portal... with this little device.. so that I can still guard it from a distance.. and I am going to find the grail.. or my brother.. or both.

As I said.. you don't have to come.. and I have imposed a lot on you already... but for those of you who do wish to come... *takes the Chalice* What do you see in this Chalice?

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby love4shadow on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Xina gave a small bow to Elijah" Good morning" she said, Flint said nothing, Xina heard him say about how their was allot of breakfast for everyone, she walked over to it and looked at what was laid out, she smiled at Elijah" Thank you ..." she hesitated" Mr DeCourt, for the wonderful breakfast" she said with a smile, she picked up a piece of buttered toast and offered it to Flint, he shook his head and walked over to the couch, he leaned against it and listened to what Elijah had to say. Xina took a small nibble from the toast before walking over to the arm of the chair and sitting on it to listen, nibbling on the toast as her face showed interest.

Both Flint and Xina where quite attentive through the whole story. But Xina felt sympathetic for how his child hood played through. Both hers and Flint's childhood where very bad, Xina loosing both parents when she was 3, and Flint not being accepted when he was younger back on earth and accidently getting teleported to Kinet when he was 15, and still not really being accepted" I'm so sorry to hear about how your childhood played through" Xina whispered, Elijah said that we all could come if we wanted, Xina was thinking it over, she always wanted to see the galaxy, see what other life was out their. She smiled" I'll go ..." she finally said, Flint looked at her, then at Elijah" I'll go as well" he said" No, you're staying!" Xina got up from the arm of the couch and looked at him, Flint walked over to her" It's my device! Wherever it goes, I go!" " I'm responsible for you! The city council put you under my care! What I say goes!" " You're 13! I'm 20!" " For a 20 year old you act like I'm your mom" Xina mumbled" You don't even want me here ... What's wrong with me?" " Nothing's wrong ..." Xina lied, but something was very wrong, she bit her lip before closing her eyes and shaking her head" I'm sorry ..." she said very unclearly" We are fighting over the ... most illogical thing ..." Flint could tell she was crying, and the best thing to do was leave her, she looked at Elijah" So ... that Chalice ... What exactly is it?"

love4shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Phelan moved forward and took the chalice, careful that his claws didn't leave marks on it, although for all he knew, it was protected with enchantments like the house. It looked like something magical. Returning to his Human skin, he stared into the chalice with wintry blue eyes, scrutinizing the gleaming gold interior.

It remained gold, except... he thought he saw a streak of silver flash around the rim. He hadn't moved the cup, so it couldn't have been an effect of light. Then...

"Silver, then a murky shadow, as if an Alp had leaped over my head and cast it's demonic shadow over the chalice," He said, sounding puzzled. Then he turned and handed it to Tieval, moving carefully over to the table where the food was and sitting down in a chair, although he didn't touch the food... yet. Only when Mr. Decourt began to talk did he remove a scone from the array of foods and cut it into smaller pieces, eating and listening carefully, his wintry eyes on his hands, but occasionally shifting up to stare at Mr. Decourt unblinkingly.

He spent more time looking at his gloved hands as the story grew rather shocking, beginning with Perceval throwing him down the stairs and ending with, well, it was sad that he was surprised about a Father trying to kill his son, but not about elixirs that granted immortality and psychotic Brothers who traveled through time and space via a portal he was never supposed to enter...

Still, Phelan kept quiet as Xina and Flint argued, having long since discarded his half eaten scone. Normally he had quite an appetite, but it seems he had lost it upon entering the portal. Canimuins were almost always hungry, so he found it strange that he wasn't... perhaps it was the mixture of different magics. Perhaps it was being away from Lupeshire. Or perhaps it was that this Human form did not require much food.

"An interesting situation, to say the least," He murmured, then paused for almost a full minute. "Well, I suppose I am missing the excitement that comes with traveling to different words. I shall definitely accompany you."

His words were light, but if they knew anything, they would know by now that he hadn't made a decision based on emotions. He had thought it out carefully in his mind, considered the pros and cons, and the people before him, and made a practical decision with a dash of moral sense.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 am

Elijah gave a little smile. "You see great things Phelan indeed..." He said "A streak of silver around the rim... yes..." "Almost no one sees the rings..." He continued and held up the chalace by its golden stalk, turning the interior to face them all. "Rings.. people.. rings.." He said .. "See them yet?"

This particular chalice was used in the ritual of Abramelin the mage... it was the closest we could get to the actual chalice itself... and respectively it didn't work... not as well as it could have. That's because the Holy Grail.. doesn't look like this.. but it does look like this...

He held it one way it looked like a chalice, but with the interior facing them it looked like a set of concentric rings. Now this object before you did not transmute or transform, and yet the way it looked to you changed simply by changing the angle I held it at. But what we are looking for isn't cup shaped.. it is a set of concentric rings. It may come to you as a symbol or as a code at first .

He was pleased to know that Phelan was coming along. He hoped that with him on side, they might have some kind of advantage. Xina wanted to come but her friend Flint seemed very protective.. perhaps both would come or not.

He turned to Tievel to await her answer. She may have been exhausted from the previous nights events but he did want her to come along as well.

"How about you Tievel? Do you wish to stay here or come with us?" He asked. It occurred to him that she had no change of clothes.. and in the back of his mind he remembered there were some here she could use. "If you..er.. need to change.. I can help you out there..." He said.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby love4shadow on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

[ I just noticed something x.x (quote by me: Flint could tell she was crying, and the best thing to do was leave her, she looked at Elijah ) It's supposed to be HE looked at Elijah, not she ^^; ]

Flint listen to what Phelan said, he could see rings in the chalice? That freaked him out, Elijah was now holding it up and telling us to look for rings. Flint looked at it" Is this ... some sort of alien demon thing? Cause I can't see any" he complained. Xina looked up at it" I can see silver but ... no rings " Xina looked at Flint with narrowed eyes, she began talking in a foreign language" Flint, zalk yuralk yevinalki ... zink zing" She said it really fast, it almost sounded like one word, but her tone was a sad tone" Yazo " Flint whispered" Zi ... yifanty zalfaniko zey Xina, zey" Flint whispered, it wasn't as fast as Xina, but it was still faster then normal" Ok ..." Xina whispered, she looked at Elijah" Mr. DeCourt, we will both accompany you" She said with a smile, she looked at Flint, he was smiling as well.

[ and when they talk i'm not going to translate because the only time they talk in kin language is when they don't want others to know what they are talking about]

love4shadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Elijah frowned and put the chalice down on the desk. What in the world were they saying to each other? "What is that? Do you speak that where you come from?" He asked and was equally delighted that both chose to come on the quest with him.

"Thats good.. thats really good.. " He said with a smile. "In a couple of hours the horses will be ready .. we will need them. They aren't like..normal horses.." He chuckled. "Phelan there is something I wish to tell you..." He took Phelan to one side and whispered. "If I should..er.. die .. again... and Sam appears... I need you to speak the word that will reunite my soul with my body.. would you be willing to do this for me?"

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!