Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Formal apology

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

A Formal apology

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sun May 18, 2008 6:43 pm

I probably should have written this immediately after my post in "Administrators - The Idiocy Of Our Staff" but it's a little late for that. I'm writing this to apologise for my actions thus far both in chat and on a number of the threads scattered throughout this site. First off I'd like to apologise for making a total ass of myself. I'm not even going to bother with excuses because that would probably just destroy any shred of repect any of you might have left for me.

I'm sorry for completely disrespecting ConvolutedMusings, Mid, Zhelir Darkfall, and a large number of other staff members both in the chat and on threads these last few weeks. I've been an ass and there is not much I can really say more than that. I'd promise to keep my trap shut about the staff after today but I seriously doubt most of you would believe me or really care. So yet again... sorry. If you feel like banning me knock yourselves out, I'd have banned me about the time I started messing with ConvolutedMusings in the chat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: A Formal apology

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zac on Sun May 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Can you not ban him, he is sort of a key member in my RP and if we lost him now much of the story would be lost, plus he is a damn good RPer, and I'd hate to see him go. He said he was sorry, I say, give him a shot and see how he handles it. No harm done as of yet...
"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zac
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun May 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I feel really bad now. I'm a staff member, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun May 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Mr_Hyde, I cannot speak for the others, nor do I want to, however that you have realized the arse you made of yourself and have grown enough to recognize that your prior actions were immature and arsine, speaks volumes of where you are compared to where you were.

I applaud you.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Concerning your post in "Administrators - The Idiocy Of Our Staff"

You're not the one that posted the topic originally. I actually agreed with some of what you said... and I'M a staff member... I honestly don't think that you need to apologize about that post.

As for everything else... I dont know what has been going on... But if the staff feels that your post gives reason to let you try one more time... that's up to the big boys whether or not you are banned.

I honestly think that you provided an excellent example of what you were trying to say in your post in "Administrators - The Idiocy Of Our Staff". That if the ops act like asses, who are we to tell YOU not to.

That just makes us hypocrites.

Oh well, I don't really know what's going on with this.. I might even get in trouble for supporting your reasoning here... but I thought it would be nice to be able to speak my mind on this issue. And if that happens, so be it.
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun May 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Oh and just to make sure everyone understands, I am not talking about the Admin thread, I am talking about all the snide comments and snipes you took on other staff members often times for what appeared to be no reason at all.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon May 19, 2008 1:36 am

That if the ops act like asses, who are we to tell YOU not to.

That just makes us hypocrites.

I like how this can be said by one Administrator, but not upheld by any; Chat wise, of course. Personally, I've no idea as to what has been said in chat nor do I care. However, I do care of the simple fact of them bending the rules for you and not for others before you. Though, again, I've no general idea as to what was said.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Mon May 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Village Alchemist wrote:I'm a staff member, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think it might be an even worse sign that I neither have the faintest idea what is being spoken about right now. And that thread was about me.

Honestly though, I feel like one of the few members among staff that honestly doesn't mind much if people are going to be vocally criticizing us or the site or something as long as it's within reason, whether it be public or in private. I know firsthand that forcing users to restrict their complaints to simply one PM with one administrator is the kind of thing that will actively discourage user input - be it good or bad - because of the feeling that their voice might not be heard. Furthermore, it's difficult to discern whether the concern of a user is solely their own or that of the entire community when most of them won't speak up because they feel as if they alone have those particular sentiments. There's no way to test the will of the people if we can't view them as a whole.

And as clearly evidenced by what transpired in that "Administrators" thread, I honestly think the most important thing is that we just treat one another with dignity and respect.

That's not to say though that if somebody finds themselves unable to treat other members with respect and kindness, I won't post a series of embarrassing [and rather hilarious in my honest opinion] photographs or something because sometimes just no other method will get the point across as poignantly.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon May 19, 2008 2:25 pm

I was severely offended by what you said in the Administrators thread, but am glad that you have chosen to apologize in public to match your public insults.

I have not seen any of your other insulting quips but trust that each situation has been taken care of accordingly.

As Kou said, I think every member of this site should be mature and have dignity when addressing each other, staff or not.

But I disagree with Kou on the fact that if someone is not upholding dignity with others, that they can be dragged out in public and be insulted and made fun of. This is a level that I daresay no one should stoop to, again, staff or not. This does nothing to tame the matter, and only elevates it.

But again, I'm glad you see your mistake and I'm glad you care enough to recognize it publicly.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon May 19, 2008 4:16 pm

*leaping out of the shadows of guest access Hyde tackles Zac in a bear huge*

Awwww that was nice =)

Village Alchemist: I made a rather long and rude string of comments in the before mentioned thread, along with a more spread out string of snide and disrespectful comments in both the chatand assorted threads.

Skallarim: Thanks but I'm sure i'll still keep making an ass of myself in the years to come, just not here and a little less everywhere else. This was a pretty good kick in the pants for me.

Eymber: I like to think I have a way with words, even if I'm being an ass. I still agree with some of my points, but the post in general was malovent in nature and basically me lashing out at the staff.

Matthias: It basically comes down to who they know better. If its a fellow staff member they might know about real life difficulties that their going through that are effecting their moods. With other people however they can't be sure they're not just annoying little bastards that could use a good smiting. Hence the reason they start with warnings, then kicks, then temp bans, then addios.

Kouketsu: Thats the thing, many of my comments had no constructive purpose and were mainly just me throwing mud. Though some of them I continue to believe have merit, many of them do not. But yes I agree with the general thing about Member input, though I haven't had an issue with that when I don't make an ass of myself.

Angel_Melfina: hehe yeah... Offhand I can think of at least two other in thread comments and at least 7 in chat ones that probably deserved a boot. And with the public humiliation thing, I believe the staff shouldn't sink to that level, though if the members want to I wouldn't see a reason to stop them, your flaws being brought to public attention can help you realise them yourself, and if you really care then you will try to change. That or someone should probably go for the ban button.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon May 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes, perhaps flaws being brought to public can make you realize them yourself, but as long as I've been on the internet and RP sites, I've never seen someone post a thread with the sole intention of bringing someone's flaws to their attention. They've all been posted for malevolent and selfish reasons. If someone was really worried about someone's flaws and genuinely wanted to bring them to their attention, they do it in private, not humiliate them in public. That's usually not the best road to take if you want constructive change.

But yeah, as I said in my previous post, this comes from my experience, but it's from 10 years of experience as well.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon May 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Hmmm. Good point. What four months of experience I have was mostly in the company of god-modders and butcherers of the English language. Without further experience I'll have to agree with that opinion in light of your comment.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Maybe you should consider ending this "race/contest" with the support team too, eh? No need to make the staff feel rushed or try to make yourself known. You're already known... if you catch my drift.It's okay to just be a member, ya know?
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm

I've actually put that on hold, at least for a while. I'm doing some other stuff, some of which Vexar could enlighten you to. But yeah thats probably over. With Finals coming I don't really have time for it and yeah I see how it could get annoying. Sorry Myrin, and Rose if your watching.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!