Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Depths of Lore

From the Depths of Lore

a part of “From the Depths of Lore”, a fictional universe by Cheru-Chu.

There exists a country created by human folklore. Where magical creatures and horrific monsters roam its ever changing countryside. But now a new story is being told about a book with the power to set these creatures free from myth; if they can find it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Depths of Lore”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: From the Depths of Lore

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 am

OMG! Feyblue~

I think you just created a thing. I'm seriously going to start using that. "May the Tale bless you!" ...cough...with your permission of course...

It's - It's - It's - there are no words to describe its situational validity and cultural perfection. Me likes it very much.

I love love love you for your incredible creativity and turn of phrase!

Okay done gushing.

The point of this post is to apologize for my inactivity. I have been lurking...sort of. Only just now got around to reading Feyblue's post and am now reading Igari's. Also, to all those with characters in waiting. I'm so sorry for the delay - I've been very busy. Please forgive me. *Bows* I'll have a review done for you guys as soon as I can.

~Cheru
"If it's the thought that counts, I should probably be in jail."

ImageImage

\( >3< )/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Sun May 25, 2014 5:24 am

And…posted! Sorry for the horrible quality- I was writing it (most of it) through a massive headache (that's still raging right now) so I'll edit it probably tomorrow but for now it's up there for…yeah. I don't know, sorry. *goes off to nurse headache*
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun May 25, 2014 1:05 pm

S'my turn I s'ppose. I shall do my best not to disappoint!
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 26, 2014 2:12 pm

@Igari: Yeah, Traveler was always kind of meant to give off that feeling of being perpetually out of place, with a sort of hopeful melancholy to everything she does. A bit depressing, but also kind of endearing in her attempts at optimism when most people would have lost all hope.

@Cheru: Go ahead. I was just sort of wondering, "Hmm, what sort of interesting commonplace phrases would this culture have?" and just sort of used something I thought sounded appropriate and catchy. I'm glad you liked it! ^_^

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Okay guys!!! Here we go!! A map >:D

Muahahahaha!!!! *cough* okay... enough evil laughter for me >.>

Anyhow, ignore the fact that its really really bad but.. but... look at the colors!!! XD *shot*

Anyway! Here you go :)

There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Ne, ne, @Qaida~kun, just what exactly is that burned village all about, eh? Seems like it's a place that's super depressing and stuff. ( ๑‾̀◡‾́)σ»

As for you, @Igarin, prepare yourself. If Aíma thinks that Chróma is cute, just wait until she meets Kazumi/learns that he's a dude... That's gonna be a real good day. I'm super excited for it. Which, actually, @Igari~dono, if you wanna PM/RPG-Write with me about our characters meeting up, I'd love to shamelessly ask for your help discuss that with you. I know we, "kinda-sorta-except-not-really," planned it, but if you wanted to go into further detail with me, I would love to do that with ya. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

In the mean time, I'd like to apologize. I was super gungho about starting up this RP, but between work and school, I'm feeling pretty drained as of late. However, I am working on a post in a word doc, so I won't repeat the horrible mistakes/accidents/cosmic failures of my past and should have it up soon-ish. Sorry for the delay guys, that's really not cool of me. I shall do my best to finish up soon and not have it be total crap. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue May 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh god. Through typo you have discovered... MY MALE ALTER EGO. You know too much! You must be eliminated!! //swears vigorously

But yes, we can definitely talk about this more because I think Arketa might be positioned near your Kazuya so we can set something off. Hnnnyuu. //prepares a PM and stuff Actually, you can just shoot me a message with whatever and we can go from there :3
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Gah!!! My Map!!!! *cries*

It did not show :(

Anyhow... here's a direct link to it *sighs* Stupid RPG has failed me!!! *shakes fist* :

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx22 ... 1814d3.png

*blushes* Q-Qaida-Kun?? *blushes*

A-anyway... >.> yes, that burned village was pretty depressing sorry sorry >.< Basically I went with the whole plan that the village was further up North and since Zrye is a wanderer he just kinda goes anywhere and so he passed through that village that had been attacked by the Talpas. Thus he heard the rumors a few days later...

Also I like to start with a bit of action-y stuffs in my posts so... >.> yeah.... *still blushing* I hope it was alright >.<

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu May 29, 2014 2:31 am

//Bows wildly to the peeps I've so grievously insulted via gender confusion and overall idiocy, blushing madly the whole time.

@Qaida~chan, I was mostly referring to Kazumi's backstory, in which he blew up a city when a dude killed his family. I thought you had creeped into my CS and did it that way. A Talpas attack was fine, I'm not saying you did anything wrong, I was just expecting that the village would have been the same one Kazumi used to live in and that there would be some real feels later. As for calling you, "~kun," since that seems to embarrass you, what shall I call you so as to make you feel comfortable from now on? //smiles innocently

@Igarin, sigh... Sumimasen, Igari~chan. I'm pretty sure you even clarified that earlier in the OOC. I should have known better. I am prepared to commit seppuku to regain your womanliness. N-n-not that it had ever w-went anywhere in the f-first place!! Jeez, it's n-not like you n-needed my help being womanly after all! //Your standard assortment of tsundere reactions.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu May 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Isn't -kun actually just a gender neutral honorific for one's juniors?

Anyway, since we seem to have just entered THE ANIME ZONE, it seems there's no choice but for me to periodically insert FIERY DECLARATIONS OF PASSIONATE MANLINESS into the middle of my sentences for NO REASON WHATSOEVER, because that's just the way TEAM GURREN ROLLS!

Ehem. On an unrelated note, I laughed a lot when I saw Qaida's map. It's like, there's stuff everywhere, and then down in the tiny bottom corner miles away from anything else, "Tower Where the Traveler is From." That just made my day. XD

Yeah, it's an obscure place. You've probably never been there. /hipstermodego

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know technically the week deadline has passed so please get your first posts in. Ill be sending pms to everyone who hasn't posted yet as a reminder but after that...yeah.

Please post everyone!

~Cheru

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat May 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Hullo!!

I hope I'm not too late to join this lovely gem of a role play :D I must say this is a very beautiful role play you have here love. I'd love to join although I'm not sure which roles have been taken or are open. I glanced at the character selection and there are a lot more characters there than are listed in the main page. If its not too late may I join you fellows in this fantastical role play.

@Shishio
Ullo love! Good to see you agin:D
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 pm

Hey there Cheru (and everyone else really)! I'm sorry that I haven't posted yet. I was waiting for GrimBones to reply to my PM because he/she and I were talking about having our characters being traveling partners. I haven't heard back from them yet, so I'm going to send another PM and then wait a day and if I don't get a reply, I'll just post anyway. ^-^ I don't want to hold you guys up any more than I already have! Again, I'm sorry that it's taken so long! ^-^

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat May 31, 2014 10:33 pm

I personally super recommend that you post up ASAP Lost. Like, Grim can definitely respond in the interim but for now, what's important is that you get your post up. I admit to being somewhat antsy to resume writing and I don't want to lose any players or anything. (Since it's been a week since the last post!) And our story has only just begun! So post, let's continue, because the next rotation is soon c: //excited

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Sat May 31, 2014 11:52 pm

I would agree with Igari. I think it's best you go ahead and post. I'm going to try to send pms on my phone tonight. And anyone who doesn't respond by tomorrow ill probably remove from the character list. I can always add them again later if necessary. But yeah...

~Cheru

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:59 pm

@Cheru-Chu
Welp I looked over the characters and realized just about every available role has been taken. Although I know from what you've written there are roles that are negotitable. Is it safe to say that it means more of those races can be added?

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 am

Aha sorry!

I'm on my phone right now so I totally missed your post. Anyways, yes those species can be added to so if you would like to make one of those - be my guest. Just have it done very soon. As in a day or two. Preferably a day.

Glad to see your interest. And thank you!

~Cheru

PS. I will change the characters available on the intro but it won't be until Wednesdays . Unfortunately, I'm trapped on my phone.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:30 am

@Cheru-Chu
Within a day huh? Alright I shall fo my best in giving you a good character.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:54 am

So at this point, I think we should list who is still around and officially posting so that we can stick to the cycle and keep up the story c:

Cheru, Qaida, myself, Deio, Aaron, Fey.

The questionables: Lost and Shishio (I assume Seraph is coming in on our next posting cycle or something?)

The potential: Polaris

WITH THAT SAID. I hope this update has been helpful to all and I STRESS, PLEASE RESPECT OUR GM. I know this is a large RP and I'm sure our current lovelies are just that, lovely. But I'd like to point out that we were given a week time limit, a time limit Cheru extended. That was very nice of her, but I know that waiting around too long means the RP will stagnate so let's get moving within the next day or so and continue our wonderful story!!

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deiocculus on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm

I'll just reconfirm that I'm alive and breathing by posting here. Although I don't have much to say other than that. I guess I should probably mention that I have a post written up, that I'll use in case someone coming across Erebus doesn't happen, and saved in my drafts, so I'm p good right now.

But yeah, not much to say. Hopefully we don't lose any people due to this small hiatus.
Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?

Enough to break the ice.

Hahahahhaha im a dork

Deiocculus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!