Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gargoyles: Awakening ((OOC Board))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gargoyles: Awakening ((OOC Board))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Well, bought and sold seems the way to go, as far as moving the gargoyles from Scotland to New York. Perhaps a museum-like tower put them on display? It would be closed at night, so they wouldn't have to worry too much about being seen or causing too much of a ruckus {though they'd have to be on the roof away from cameras and make sure they returned each morning unless they befriended the curator or a night guard}. That would give them slightly less of a 'main villain' to counter themselves against to begin with, but a Xanatos-like figure could influence them through the museum as well- perhaps as a funding member of the curator's staff who frequently visits.

As far as friendly human characters, I was thinking about adding in Tien Linh, my Vietnamese fire-dancer. Though she wouldn't stick around for the whole time, since she travels to perform, but as a periodic friend, she'd be a pretty good ally.
"Emergency joke: Two guys... walked into a pub... and they completely redecorated it, it was brilliant ~Eddie Izzard"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinistra on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks, Gregori is gonna be interesting to play. I'll probably make a human or two, maybe one of Oberon's Children.

What if they were moved to NY as part of an exhibit, but only after the castle was moved did they wake up?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sinistra
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 pm

The expense of moving en entire castle from Scotland to New York might be a bit much for a museum, but what about an Art Gallery? We could have our Xanatos-esque character be one of the key shareholders/board members/whatevers for the art gallery. And, since art galleries tend to be sort of wierd it would probably be more understandable for them to have a castle on top of their skyscraper, as opposed to a museum. Museums generally aren't in sky scrapers, after all. And after all, the Gargoyles are pretty sweet works of art in their sleeping forms. I wouldn't mind having one to go with my London-head. *chuckle*

if we went with the art gallery, and our villain as a board member, that would mean that we could set him up in whatever kind of company we wanted and have it be seperate from the art gallery. There\s also the possibility, like kita said, that a gallery curator/night guard/something could find out about their existance and be a factor in the story.

About Oberon's children - perhaps we should have there be a human somewhere in the story who is in fact one of the children posing as a human? Maybe one of the gallery staff? I actually have an idea in mind for that, if no-one has a problem with it.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 pm

That is true. Though would the spell work if a piece of the castle was moved above the cloudline? Xanatos was able to cheat the spell Demona cast when he made the sky burn with chemicals. Couldn't a model or a piece count as castle Wyvern? It's a stretch, I know. ^^ But it's a little less outrageous than moving an entire castle to the top of a skyscraper. It's a shame it isn't San Fransisco, the clouds are all on the ground in July and August. X3

I agree with the art gallery idea. Gargoyles are magnificent to look at as stone and they do have fantastic posing {which I always thought was a little weird, but hey, they can do what they like}. And since not many go to an art gallery every day, it'll be harder for people to notice subtle changes in posing from day to day. While it's a lot less entertaining than having a billionaire get bored and move an entire castle to the roof of his building, it makes a bit more sense.

That would be cool, Stairdweller, like an Owen only a little different? X3 We all do love us a Puck. And after listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-QLuUh ... re=related I wanna play the boogie man as one of Oberon's Children. X3 I'm far too excited about this roleplay, can't you tell?

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm extremely thrilled that ya'll are so enthusiastic about this! I was a bit nervous to start up a thread out of the fear that no one would rememer the show lol!
Anyways, while we're on the subject of an evil corporation and how the clan is introduced....

Well, I like the idea of bringing the Castle to a skyscraper because it does give the Clan a home in the beginning. Now...here's my idea for a main villain. Or at least the first bad guy who may become an ally like Xanatos. Deacon Marshall, C.E.O. and Founder of Marshall Industries, a federal corporation that uses the front of a "Global Pharmacutical Company" to hide their true work, which focuses on Advanced Military weaponry and technology. That technology and firepower gets sold on the black market as well as to various nations around the world, including the United States.

Deacon Marshall is practically a celebrity as one of the richest bachelors in the world who is praised for his charity funds and such. His company has various branches (also fronts), which focus on a broad spectrum of subjects from Wildlife Peservation, Research for various diseases and illnesses which include Cancer and Alzheimers, as well as automotive and industrial design work.

Recently, he has taken an interest in the preservation of objects and locations of historical significance, including Wyvern Castle in Scotland. As a treat to the City of New York, he intervenes before the Castle can be torn down due to construction projects and has the castle transported to the city. Through a costly and extravagent media-covered process, Castle Wyvern is successfully relocated atop the Marshall Tower, the center of Marshall Industries. And so, the curse is broken.

Now, it's up to the group whether or not Deacon Marshall ((if we decide we keep him or whatever)), knows of the Gargoyles' curse and secretly intended for the relocation to break the spell, or whether he is surprised by their awakening and decides to use them to his own advantage. Maybe, HE is in fact a child of Oberon in disguise. It's up to ya'll.

This, of course, IS NOT set in stone, so the storyline above is subject to change depending on the will of the group. :) It was just a suggesiton.

Anyways, in my next post, I'll be posting my human character's profile.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Excitement is also me. I was so jazzed when I found this RP, and then totally crushed when it didn't take off and I thought it died. it is so awesomely excellent that a whole trove of people have suddenly found it! *gushes*

Actually, although I was inspired by Owen-Puck, I had a different idea in mind for my character. You know what, I'll just write up a bio before I blab about 'her' and ruin the surprise.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 am

X3 I like Deacon. Though I don't think an immortal Child of Oberon would draw too much attention to himself, considering they're forbidden from directly interfering in human affairs. Getting that much spotlight would probably make it hard to get around the rules. But otherwise, I really like him. I don't mind either way as far as if he knows about the gargoyles- so that's up to everyone else. ^^

Ooooh, a her! X3 I'll put together some profiles today and post 'em up. Most of them will be minor characters {like Tien and the Boogie man} that'll show up a couple times, but probably won't be too key of players throughout the RP. Supporting cast FTW. ^^ Would you like the Faux Pack to have some sort of theme? I like the idea of 'Monster Hunters', since I watch Monster Quest on TV sometimes. {It's a god-awful show, but I just can't look away...}

I wonder if the other two who showed interest will play young gargoyles or old gargoyles. -ponder- It doesn't really matter, but I'd like at least one more gargoyle around London and Orlando's age to give them someone they can relate to a bit better. Oh! And I've adjusted London a little. Since she fights impulsively and without thought, I've added that she tends to be a bit too brutal if she really gets into a fight and will often need someone to pull her away. Playful sparring she can manage, but if she's in real danger- be worried for the villain. And Orlando, who hates real fighting, specializes in deflecting blows away from his person to avoid injury.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Well, I had an awesome dream that made me change my mind... as corny as that sounds. I started watching Gargoyles again last night (although I've seen the whole series except for the last half of the final season) and I guess that's what caused the dream. Anyhow, I'd like to start out with a Human, but is it okay if she become the leader of the Labryinth Clan, whenever they come into the plot? That is... if the spot isn't taken.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I love the idea of having a Labryinth Clan as the story continues. I also like the idea of having a group called "The Pack", work as monster hunters and want to kill the Clan.

As far as Deacon Marshall is concerned, he will be completely human. He is inspired primarily from David Xanatos from the show. While on the subject of humans, here is my human character who will eventually serve as the daylight guardian of the gargoyles. In place of Clan, human profiles will require Occupation instead.

Name: Eva Delgado
Race: Human
Appearance:
Stands about 5'8" with a medium, fit build. Eva is of hispanic and caucasion descent, and thus her complexion is dark. Her eyes are hazel, speckled with flecks of caramel and rimmed with a jade hue. She has long raven hair, layered with a few high lights. Most of her clothing conists of jeans, boots, quarter-length sleeved shirts, her long dark coat, and of course, her gun.
Personality:
Being raised by a family who was either a police officer or in the military, she has a tough, no-nonsense attitude. She relies heavily on logic and reason, but knows when to go by what her intuition tells her. She's observant, intelligent, but sometimes she's emotionally distant. It's not easy for her to let people in, but she's loyal and compassionate to those she cares about. She's determind and never turns down a job, regardless of the challenge.
Strengths: Intelligent, methodical, and observant.
Weaknesses: Emotionally distant, wrecklessly headstrong.
Skills: Trained in various martial art forms, ranging from judo to aikido to kung fu.
Trained in various models of firearms, primarily pistols or handguns.
Weapons: 2 .357 Magnum Desert Eagles
2 Browning 9X19 MM HiPower Revolvers
1 Remington Spartan 310 Shotgun
1 Browning Automatic 5 Shotgun (It was her father's)
Abilities: Good old fashion detective skills, Street smarts, lock-picking.
History:
Eva Delgado comes from a long line of law-enforcement, on both sides of the family, and more than half of her family has served in the military. Thus, she was brought up in a strict, disciplined lifestyle. Her father was a no-nonsense sort of man, her mother was a doctor. She was the middle child of five children. Her older brother serves in the Air Force as a helicopter pilot. One of her younger brothers is a police officer with th New Yok Police Force. Her other younger brother is a freshman in college, studying medicine, and her youger sister is a junior in high school.
Growing up, she was taught that family was the only thing you could rely on. After s graduated high school, she went on to college to get a degree in Criminal Justice at Berkeley, and was on the Major Crimes Unit at the NYPD until she started up her own practice and became a private detective.
Her father wasn't too keen on her leaving the force. He thought she was being too wreckless, arrogant, even though she left so she could try and help people on a more personal level. He never really spoke to her after she quit the force, and he died of a heart attack only three months after she became a liscensed Private Detective. Part of her feels a little guilty, having not spoken to him at all.
Other:
She has two dogs in her little apartment. One is a lab, one is a husky/wolf hyprid.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Nice. I really like Eva. X3 I'm character building now. I should've gotten it done previously, but I got dragged into cleaning the den. Think of it like cleaning out five old attics filled with junk. Sucked hardcore. -grumble- Anyway, I'm putting together some humans for the supporting cast and of course, my dear Boogie Man. X3

So we're putting together a 'Pack' and I wanna get people's ideas for a theme for them. We could go with Felines or famous monsters or summat. Since the 'Pack' was canine, feline seems the simplest route to go but we can be a bit more creative than that, right? I just can't think of anything good. Thoughts, guys?

And I think I have a Bluestone to your Maza, Wolfangel- If you don't mind, of course. X3 I'll have him up in an hour or so and you can look him over and see if ya like 'im.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Um refresh my memory. Labyrinth clan? Does that refer to the engineered pseudo gargoyles? Because if it does, then I think I'd like my character to be involved in their creation.

I was going to wait until I finished this bio to post it, but I'm excited. It's a work in progress right now, because I want some feedback from the rest of you on her history and on a few decisions about the character I haven't finished making yet.

Also, I have pictures - almost finished pictures. Yay!

Name: Sarah MacLean / Raven
Race: Third Race, masquerading as a human.
Age: As a human, she’s a young looking 27. As one of the fairy folk, she’s you know, ancient.
Profession: Scientist / Northwest-Coast Native American Mythology
Appearance:
Sarah is small and soft featured. Her face is broad and round, but her features are little and dainty, especially her nose which is upturned and could be described as “button-like.” Her ears are just ever so slightly pointed - not enough to be remarked upon, but it is there. Her skin’s sort of a nondescript light brown, suggesting that she could be from any number of ethnic heritages. Her hair and eyes are both black. She wears a pair of squarish black horn rimmed glasses to correct minor astigmatism. Their angular shape helps to break up the roundness of her face. Her hair is somewhat long, and she usually wears it in a messy braid or a simple pony tail. Her clothing style is sort of… science casual. She wears a white knee-length lab coat over slacks or jeans and a rugby shirt in any of several vibrant colours, usually striped. She’s fond of hats, and usually wears one when she goes out. She rarely wears makeup, and when she does it tends to be conservative and somewhat inexpertly applied. She wears several large rings on both of her hands, and almost always has a Bluetooth earpiece in her right ear.
Sarah’s Raven-form is that of a large but otherwise unremarkable raven. The only thing of note about the bird is that it has an unusually intense.
Raven looks a little bit like a Native American man, in that he has ruddy brown skin and black hair and eyes. Like many of the fairy folk, his ears are strongly pointed and he has sharp, angular features. There is something about the shape of his eyes and brows that looks very like Sarah’s - if someone saw the two of them together (which is of course impossible) they might think they were somewhat closely related, perhaps cousins. He has a large tattoo on the left side of his face, of abstract tribal markings. There is a shape that looks much like a raven’s head above his left eye. The tattoo is in black and white ink. He wears a leather headband woven from distressingly pale leather. It appears that there are black feathers decorating his hair - these aren’t tied in place, but in fact grow from his head. He has a pencil-thin moustache. He dresses in loose black-dyed leather clothes in the style of northwest coast Native Americans, with the exception that the tunic is sleeveless. This is because instead of the usual humanoid arms, what he has are more like wings. His arms have huge black feathers like a bird’s flight feathers, although he does have hands as well. When he stands with his arms at his sides, the feathers hide his hands so it appears that he just has wings. His age is indeterminate - there is a youthfulness about his manners and face, but he has laugh lines and his eyes look old.
Raven’s Raven Form is more stylized than Sarah’s, with white markings on his wings and tail set back from the edge and mimicking its contours. He also has white markings around his eyes, so that it almost appears that he has white scalars like a human.

Personality: Sarah’s a dork. She’s never quite managed to master socializing. She tries to be cool - thus the casual clothing, she thinks she looks like a rock star - but she never quite manages it. When she tells jokes, her timing’s always horrendous. She often “misses the moment” to add something to the conversation, saying something that would be very insightful several moments later when the topic has passed. It’s almost cute how enthusiastic she is over her favourite science topics, like geology - she’ll talk your ear off on topics she thinks are interesting, like Devonian era crinoid fossils.
On the up side, she’s a gentle, mild mannered, polite young woman. She wouldn’t harm a fly, and she gives a portion of her salary to charity. She doesn’t really care about material things, as what makes her happiest is acquiring new knowledge. The only really expensive things she owns are her various computers, including a state-of-the-art pocket net-book. She’s very smart, but not terribly creative. Most of her intelligence is math- or memory-based.
Raven is an archetypal trickster, with the usual associated character traits. His driving motivation is fun - his fun, in particular. Raven is a little more malevolent than, for example, Puck - he eats children on occasion. Also, he occasionally decorates his clothing with the skins of warriors. That said, he isn’t normally the confrontational type, and it is rare for him to get into actual fights.
Raven is often instrumental in solving problems - however, most of the time he was the one who caused said problem. It’s questional whether this sense of semi-responsibility is a good trait or not.
Strengths: Sarah can do complex math in her head. She also has a great deal of knowledge about a variety of subjects.
Raven has several useful magical powers. He is also pretty clever - not as smart as Sarah, though.
Weaknesses: Sarah is just a human. She isn’t physically strong or particularly fit, and she has no combat skills to speak of. (Except perhaps that her short stature allows her to easily hide.)
Raven is weak against iron and steel, like all of Oberon’s children. He also has a bit of a problem with causing more trouble than he intended, and with his magic not going at all the way he wanted it to.
Skills: Sarah can do complex math in her head. She also has a near photographic memory, and can quote back what people have said word for word, even days later.
Raven - see abilities.
Weapons: Sarah has no weapons.
Raven has a short bow and a quiver of ten black fletched arrows.
Abilities: Sarah can transform into a raven - but neither she nor the raven have any special abilities that aren’t normally attributed to either humans or ravens, as the case may be. For example, when in bird-form she cannot speak.
Raven can change his shape and become invisible at will. He is also skilled with magic, as many of the fairy folk are, but he doesn’t use it often. He can speak any language that is spoken by a significant number of people in the North-western coastal region - including immigrant languages, like English - but not dead languages like Latin.
History:
Raven is one of Oberon’s Children, and despite the indiction that the third race not interfere directly with human affairs, Raven has become relatively well known as a trickster figure in the mythology of the Pacific Northwest.

His long and complex history is generally irrelevant to the story, except for the events of the last ten years.

Raven feels the need to feed upon humans - both figuratively and literally. He both gains sustenance from the souls of those he tricks, and rather enjoys the unique flavour of flesh - but I digress. As the attitudes of the general population changed over the years, Raven found that it was getting harder and harder to trick foolish mortals. He no longer understood their motivations, and when he realised this he decided that the easiest way to remedy this problem would be to live as a human for a time.

Although Raven is a shape changer, his superficial alteration of appearance would not have done the trick for him, so he decided to transform himself in a much more involved way. He wouldn’t just change his body, but his mind and heart as well. He would be a completely different person. To accomplish this, he made use of a certain lost-to-the-ages magical mirror. But, being Raven, it didn’t go quite as he might have wished.

Sarah does not know that she is an alias created by Raven. She has complete memories of a childhood and background that do not exist. The supporting characters of her life, including her parents, never existed at all - she has only even existed for just about nine years.

Sarah believes that she was raised by her father, Randy MacLean, who was an itinerant high school teacher that never quite settled down. She believes that her mother, Jennifer, died when Sarah was nine after a long fight with ovarian cancer. Her father, as far as she knows, is currently overseas teaching English in Oman - they communicate through regular post letters, but Sarah doesn’t get many back from because he’s busy and the mail is unreliable overseas.

From what she believes to be her 18th year on, Sarah’s life really happened. She attended university and eventually - on scholarship - earned her Ph.D. in molecular chemistry. She then went on to the biomedical research field, specifically genetic manipulation. As one of the best in her field, she came to work for Marshall Industries’ research and development division.
Last edited by Stairdweller on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Yes, the Labyrinth Clan consisted of Talon, Claw, Fang, and Maggie, the mutates Dr. Sevarious created.

Iiiieeeee! I like Raven/Sarah! X3 She/he seems sweet and quite the character. Applause for you! I'm looking forward to his/her history.

I'm locating some 'Real Life' pictures for my humans {though I'm highly likely to draw them anyway}, but I'm definitely drawing my Child of Oberon. {No human nor picture I can find looks like I want him to...} I'm also throwing in some gang interest for local riff-raff. Y'know, the whole sh'bang. I really like my character Llian, who's probably going to show up the most out of all the minor characters I'm building- unless the 'faux Pack' plays a rather large role. {or he's not accepted. ^^; That would inhibit his screen time drastically.}

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Wonderful profile, Stairdweller! Very creative :) Can't wait to see Sarah/Raven in action!

And Kit, can't wait to see your human profile! I need someone to complement Eva :) And I sympathize with you on cleaning the den...I live in what is considered "organized" chaos...so...cleaning is NOT my favorite pastime....

As far as the pack goes, I like the idea of their namesakes being based on monsters, since they're monster hunters. As far as what they could represent, I have a few ideas for names....
Siren
Wendigo
Wolfman/ Werewolf
Golem
Phantom/Ghost
Hydra
La Llorona ("Weeping Woman" in Spanish, an interest myth by the way)
Banshee
Ghoul
Minotaur
Sphinx
Basilisk

Again, these are just some ideas for character names. What do you guys think?

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Mm, we can even go with:
Goblin
Harpy
Geryon
Kraken
Lamia
Scylla or Talos as well. {I tend to favor Greek Mythology, if you can't tell... ^^;}

I have two that I want to use. I'm definately going to use Lamia and.... Harpy methinks. I like those as names. ^^ I have their images and personalities picked out and everything. Mind if I take lead on the 'faux Pack'? Then someone else can have the second in command. Or if someone really wants lead, I can take second, so long as the character I have in mind {Harpy} has some sort of 'leadership' position. She's not one to sit back and quietly listen to orders... ^^; Lamia will be content to do as the others say.

Yay! Llian can't wait to get some love. He's been shelved for so long. -gives him a pat-

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Um, can I take second in the faux pack? And call him chupa cabre?

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:42 pm

I don't mind. X3 But we do need something better than 'faux Pack' and I don't think 'Super-Amazing-Awesome-Monster-Catching-Squad' is quite going to cut it. ^^; Not nearly threatening enough for a villain organization, methinks...

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 am

Especially as that forms, as an anagram, something that should sound a lot like "sock" and no-one s afraid of socks.

How's about The Cryptids? Or maybe just the Hunters, or....

So, are they secretly owned by Marshall industries?

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Well,I think it would be interesting if they were secretly on Marshall Industries' payroll. As far as names of its members, I'll leave that up to ya'll. That also goes for the Group Title, but if you want some ideas, there's various names that come to mind.
They could be calld, the Hunters, the Demons, the Horde, the Legion, the Unit, etc.

Anyways I am really gettin' antsy about starting up, so who is ready for me to get an IC Board up since we have Lenora, Daine, Macender, London, Orlando, Gregori for the Clan. Plus we have characters like Eva, and Sarah/Raven.

So, we ready to start?

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Name: Anamaria Ashworth

Race: Latina/African-American

Clan: None

Appearance: She is as elegant as her name makes her out to be, tall, slim, petite, and shapely, but not noticeably so, with light but rich brown skin, black hair, and dark eyes. Her face is oval shaped, with a slightly pointed chin and a high forehead, and mostly Latin features. Her eyes are large, almond shaped, and tilt upward under naturally arched eyebrows. Her nose is slightly flatter and wider than a full blooded Latina would have, but it seems to fit her. She has nice cheekbones and a mouth that is full and wide, with noticeable laugh lines when she smiles. Her hair is long and wavy, usually pulled into a meticulous bun or some other high class style.

Personality: First of all, she's vain... no doubt about it. She knows she's beautiful, and although she takes care to make sure she stays that way, she's not so vain that she'll rub it in other people's face or consider her beauty her best feature. She's OCD about being clean, thorough, and organized, no matter the situation and has a bit of a leader complex... she went from being bossy as a girl and teen to being a dominant, if polite and mature, young woman. This put a strain on many of her relationships, personal or not, even broke some of them. She has an artistic eye... oh, she's not artist herself (she has to label anything she draws so people will know what it is), but she knows art when she sees it, and her specialty is historical artifacts, preferably from Egypt or Africa. Despite these flaws, she's very outgoing, nice, and classy, not the type to judge most people (won't lie, she's not perfect, she judges every now and then), but whether or not she's judging them, she's never disdainful of others unless they've been dishonest or disdainful themselves. She's more than happy to help any who needs it and is known for giving charity, especially to animals. She has quite a nasty temper, but it's normally hidden behind her composed demeanor and very hard to provoke.

Strengths: Dominant, intelligent, kind and helpful.

Weaknesses: Vain, dominant, and OCD about many things.

Skills: Mostly business and social skills, no fighting skills, although she wields a mean taser.

Weapons: Pepperspray. A taser that appears to be an extremely realistic blackberry cell phone.

Abilities: None, really.

History: She was the daughter of wealthy businessman (and woman) Ryan and Calista Ashworth... not much interesting about her childhood. She grew up as a rich, spoiled kid and teenager, eventually growing into a more mature and less material woman, although how that miracle came about, no one would ever know. She went to college and got a degree in business, beginning to increase the Ashworth's already considerable wealth through carefully and cleverly placed investments, seeming to have an instinct for what would succeed and fail. Ryan finally separated her earnings and put them in her own bank account, along with a portion of their wealth for good luck, and it has only grown since. She funded a failing but high tech lab, which promised many advances in technology and genetics, but had yet to show any results. She even bought the ownership of the company, her business instincts telling her that it had more to offer than everyone else believed. And she was right... no sooner had she bought it and funded it than it began churning out truly amazing forms of technology and genetic cures and enhancements, the company itself eventually having labs all over America. She is surprisingly successful for her young age, but we all know such good fortune can't possibly last. She just learned that she has the beginnings of a terminal disease that will rob her of her health and sanity, and is desperate to find a cure before the next four years, which is when the major symptoms should begin to appear, according to her doctor. (Setting the groundwork for future mutation, here)

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:32 am

I'm good with starting. ^^ Here's 4/6 characters I've been making for the supporting cast. -sigh- Sorry Lamia's super underdeveloped, I wrote her profile while watching House. ^^;

Name: Tien Lihn
Race: Human, Half-Vietnamese Half-Chinese
Appearance: Image
Personality: Tien is the serious type, never one to take a joke. She is the oldest of three daughters in her family and therefore had to be the most responsible. Beauty became her focus, as she was not born a pretty girl. She does not show stress or anxiety before people, believing it to be a sign of weakness. She tries to maintain a doll-like smile wherever she goes to avoid upsetting others throughout her day. She has a very high tolerance for others, forcing herself to deal with others' problems and quirks. She is incredibly vain, but has only developed this aspect whilst trying to be perfect for her parents.
Strengths: Tien is extremely independent, capable of doing most things on her own without help from anyone. She has a well-toned body and a lot of stamina as well.
Weaknesses: Tien also tends to be too independent and frankly, abrasive. She doesn't easily make friends and when she truly needs help, she pushes it away.
Skills: Tien is an amazing Fire Dancer and she harbors a knowledge of most things flammable and burning.
Weapons: If she must fight, she uses two fans she performs with, both light fire.
Abilities: Being a general entertainer is high on her abilities list. She can also cook for herself and live independently, though she is usually traveling around with a group.
History: Tien was born in New York to a Vietnamese mother and a Chinese father. She was happy as an only child, if it only lasted a year. She, as the first born of four girls, needed to be perfect to set an example for her younger siblings. She strove to achieve this perfection, forcing herself to study things she didn't like, constantly checking her appearance to make sure not a single hair was out of place, leaving no time for friends. She ended up the pretty doll that wouldn't talk to anyone because she had other things on her mind. She began dancing when she was eleven, finding it her only passion. Her father wanted her to become a doctor, her mother a lawyer, but when she danced, she felt at home. So she pursued this venture, discovering Fire Dancing along the way. She knew she was disappointing both her parents, and thusly pushed to be the best at what she wanted to do to please them. Again she found herself straining her patience and overworking herself. However, this paid off. Now, at the age of twenty-seven, Tien is quite the spectacle to behold. She strives on perfection, so that not a single step is off, though this is lost to the crowd watching her fire spin and twist.
Other: Tien doesn't believe in monsters- monsters are creatures humans create to spread hate or fear.

Name: Jocelynn "Harpy" Carr
Race: Human, Italian-American
Personality: When one is called a 'Harpy', the first images are of a shrill woman with talon-like claws and bestial wings. This side of this Harpy is hardly ever seen in public. Jocelynn tends to maintain her refined image, whilst giving off a threatening aura. She is unapproachable by mere people, whom she tends to find petty or useless. She only speaks directly to her team and lawyer, as she is vain and conceited and refuses to speak to anyone she doesn't deem 'worthy' of her presence. She has never been eluded by the monsters she hunts- when she finds them, that is- and this has made her cocky and confident. She is easily frustrated when things don't go her way and she despises being made a fool of, often going into her 'Harpy-like' tyrades before her team.
Strengths: Harpy is ruthless with little sympathy, making her a formidable opponent. Her tracking skills have been honed and are constantly tested to maintain them and she has never met a sharper shooter.
Weaknesses: She is incredibly vain, often cutting out of fights or encounters early because she might look too disorganized or chip a nail. She relies too much on her tracking skills to locate a monster again. She also has very little patience for anything, especially when her first ideas go awry. Harpy also only has a high school education, though she's gotten along just fine thus far.
Skills: Jocelynn crafts poisons in her sleep {not literally}, and she is a sharp shot.
Weapons: She usually carries a small pistol-like device with a few high-concentration tranquilizer rounds in it at all times. When she's on a full out hunt, she carries a rifle as well, often carrying poisons as well as bullets and tranquilizers.
Abilities: Nothing out of the ordinary for a human.
History: As a child, Jocelynn was tormented by visions of monsters in her dreams, one of the Boogie Man's favorite victims at that time period. Many years of the inability to sleep and grueling therapy made her bitter and hateful of monsters- real or imaginary, good or evil. She set out to destroy any and all monsters. When she was fifteen, she began setting money aside to fund such an idea. She became meticulous, methodical- to the point that her own parents couldn't recognize her any longer. She dropped out of contact and out of her house at the age of eighteen, never looking back to the little town in California she grew up in. She killed her first monster when she was twenty, a small creature that had been causing mischief along the Mexican border. She cared not for what it was, but it looked like neither man nor beast and it pleased her to remove it's life from it. She quickly built a crew of like-minded people, well funded from several benefactors with superstitious and fearful beliefs. It wasn't until recently that she added a younger girl to document their expeditions, to show the world and all their critics their handiwork and the existence of terrible beasts.
Other: Very few people know Jocelynn by her real name, most refer to her as 'Harpy'.

Name: Lucy "Lamia" Cooper
Race: Human, Caucasian
Personality: Lucy is amazingly sadistic for one so young. She enjoys the simpler displeasures in life- of course, only if it's happening to other people. She maintains a constant smile no matter what she truly feeling. The only two emotions she shows are joy and frustration, keeping those around her on their toes. She tends to be a bit ditzy outwardly, when truly she plots and plans out ahead hoping to further her own goals. She obeys without qualm, but hates to be ordered about.
Strengths: Lucy is a wiz with all things electronic and recording. She's also small and easily underestimated, often neglected when worst comes to worst.
Weaknesses: She's not too strong or fast, and often burdened with her recording equipment. When things get out of hand, she ends to get in the way.
Skills: Lucy works with electronics constantly, and is well versed in how most things with circuits work, anything with a video recording capability she can work with and manipulate.
Weapons: Her camera
Abilities: Lucy works with a camera, but other than that, she isn't remarkable.
History: Lucy, now referred to as 'Lamia', was born in Albany to a small family. She was given an old Polaroid when she turned four and fell in love with photography. She took pictures of anything and everything she could access. Until she took a picture of a strange creature that attacked her while she was out in the park late at night. She kept the creature a secret until she could find out what it was. The image was too blurred to get an identifying verdict, but it definitely wasn't human. When she turned sixteen her family moved to New York to get her into college, but she instead found the Hunters. She joined up with them in hopes that she could find out what the creature was. She follows Harpy around like a puppy, admiring her strength.
Other: Lucy was attacked by our dear Boogie Man, though she is unaware of it and could never prove it.

Name: Llian Browning
Race: Human, English
Personality: Llian has a number of odd mannerisms. He's always polite when he can be, calling anyone he meets by their last name. He even refers to his close friend, Eva as 'Miss Eva' to her face in private and 'Miss Delgado' before others. He is a kind-hearted type, usually in good nature and in constant optimism. He tends to take nothing seriously, often one to make a light-hearted joke when the air appears too tense. He wears a foolish grin to remind others to do the same when things get too tough. He's drawn to Eva, as she is emotionally distant and he makes it his pet project to make people open up. He doesn't mind bending a few rules to get something good done and prefers non-violence in his life.
Strengths: Llian is good with children and enjoys meeting new people. He's quite the social butterfly and makes friends easily.
Weaknesses: Llian tends to talk too much and he's overly trusting, he's also rather defenseless and is more likely to run away than fight.
Skills: Llian has a general knowledge of most things academic, though he doesn't specialize in any one area. He's also got quite the knack for sneaking papers under his shirt and palming small items.
Weapons:
Abilities: Llian is your average human.
History: Llian was born in London, England, but moved to America with his small family of three- him, his mother, and his little sister- when he started high school. He was quite the prodigy, or at least, he worked himself to be one. He graduated early and got his teaching credentials by taking completely full loads in college. So much work to teach kindergarten Monday through Thursday, from nine in the morning to noon. The truth was, he believed children were the only people incapible of being ingenuine at any moment in time and he felt the need to have some reassurance considering every bad story on the news was some sort of tradgety.
During his school time, he started volunteering at the local PD: filing papers, cleaning up, keeping things tidy. So long as he didn't handle anything too sensitive, he was allowed to pick up any slack and save the department a little money. He enjoyed doing it, claiming it to be giving back to those who gave so much to keep the city safe- and it looked fantastic on a resume. He ran into Eva a few times while helping out, and then got into the habit of bringing her coffee or snack when he was around her office. He chatted with her, and became rather attached to her as a friend. When she dropped from the force and became a licensed Private Detective, he delegated some of his many hours of free time to drop by her office to see if she needed help with anything. He gladly does filing and keeps things tidy, as well as help out on some of the less dangerous cases, taking pictures and doing surveillance.
His little sister was shot in a store robbery five months ago and Llian has taken it a bit hard. Although she is alive and well now, he has an aversion to guns. He understands that Eva's job is to catch criminals, but he worries for her every time she goes out without him, making him a bit clingy as of recently.
Other:

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!