Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gargoyles: Awakening ((OOC Board))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gargoyles: Awakening ((OOC Board))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 am

IC Board: Gargoyles: Awakening

A new roleplay inspired by Gargoyles: The Animated Series. It will basically begin where the series did, but with new characters completely made up. Characters may be based off of those from the series. I will need a minimum of 5 players to begin the clan, but new clans may be formed and new members may be added to the clan. Humans are permitted and very welcomed and encouraged.
The clan which has just awakened and will be the core clan will be known as the 'Manhatten Clan'. The clan will be lead by my character, a female, which is unique.

Name:
Race:
Age: (Gargoyles age slower than humans-- 5 Gargoyle years =10 human years)
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Skills:
Weapons:
Abilities:
History:
Other:

((Here's my character bios, to give everyone an idea))

Name: Daine
Race: Gargoyle
Clan: Originally Wyvern, now Manhatten
Appearance: Tall, muscular build with raven black skin and leathery, bat-like wings, and silvery white hair, much like his sister, Lenora's. Only his eyes are dark hazel. He has a row of two small horns above both his brows on his forehead. He wears a simple brown loincloth with a silver beltbuckle with the Wvyern Crest.
Personality: Stoic and reserved, very intelligent but values honor above all else. He usually only speaks when necessary, but is highly respected for his leadership skills and sense of morals. Although, he's not someone you want to piss off. He has a very bad temper.
Strengths: Good Leadership skills, Strong morals, intelliegent
Weaknesses: Too uptight, fear of failing his clan, temper.
Skills: Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, flight (as all gargoyles), sword-fighting
Weapons: A simple broad sword, and his own fighting skills.
Abilities: knowledge of ancient arcane arts.
History: He was born within the rookery of Castle Wyvern, and soon rose to the ranks as the leaders of his clan with his sister, Lenora, as his second-in-command. He was not present when the majority of his clan was slaughtered, and so he and a select few were spared only to be put in a deep sleep for a thousand years.
Other: Leader of the Manhatten Clan

Name: Lenora
Clan: Originally Wyvern Clan, now Manhatten Clan
Appearance: Tall slender build, with raven black skin and leather wings, and silvery white hair and blue eyes. Her outfit is a two piece, made of leathery material. Her top is corset style, laced in the front and strapless, while the bottom is a simple skirt, tied at the waste. She has two horns which spiral on her forehead, similar to a headdress.
Personality: Witty and charming, more laidback than her elder brother. But she has a sarcastic streak, usually tending to run her mouth off more than she should. Very tempermental, but has a good, strong heart.
Strengths: Intelligent, witty, charismatic
Weaknesses: fiery temper, doesn't work well with others sometimes
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, sword fighting, flying
Weapons: A katana-like sword, hand-to-hand combat skills
Abilities: Knowledgable of the arcane arts.
History: Same as her brother's, pretty much. When he was given the title of Leader of the Clan, he gave her the position of second-in-command.
Other: Second-in-Command of Manhatten Clan
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Gargoyles: Awakening ((OOC Board))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Name: MacEnder
Clan: Manhattan
Appearance: Macender has skin the blue-grey colour of slate. His hair and full beard are also grey, though a darker iron-grey shade. He has horns that curl like a ram's to either side of his head, as well as two smaller straight horns above his eyes. He has large, straight nose and angular cheekbones. His tail is unusually long, and he is slightly overweight. As he is middle aged, he dresses more modestly than the other males in a plaid kilt and a laced white vest.
Personality: MacEnder is very easy going, and many find him to be a calming presence. Nothing ever seems to amger or upset him, and he is legendary for his sense of humour.
Strengths: MacEnder was a stonemason, and knows a lot about masonry, architecture, and structural engineering - at least by 10th century standards. He can read well. He likes 20th century technology.
Weaknesses: He cannot fight as well as the others, and his vision is failing him.
Skills: Math, reading, architecture, building
Weapons: None
Abilities: None
History: MacEnder began studying stonemasonry with the humans at a young age, and continued to improve his skills throughout his life. The night before Castle Wyvern was attacked, the sunrise found him inspecting the castle's foundations. He was spared because the attackers did not think to check the castle basements for gargoyles.
Other: MacEnder is accompanied frequently by a pet, a gargoyle beast that resembles a cat in size and basic shape. It is winged and glide better than most of the intelligent gargoyles because of its small size. The main features that seperate it from a cat - other than its wings - are small straight horns on its forehead and the fact that it has reddish-brown, scaley skin. It meows like a at, and is very vocal. (Note: Consider the cat an NPC - anyone can write it.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Wonderful profile :) Approved! Hopefully we'll get a few more players as soon as possible! If you know of anyone who might be interested, by all means, please invite them!

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 pm

I may have found a few people - we shall see.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:00 am

I know it's a bit late in the game, but would you consider retrying for more characters? I'd like to play. ^^ I've got a couple of characters I could put together and I've watched nearly seventy episodes in order back to back, so I'm pretty well-versed up to 'Turf'.
"Emergency joke: Two guys... walked into a pub... and they completely redecorated it, it was brilliant ~Eddie Izzard"

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm

That's fantastic! We have yet to get started due to lack of participation, but hopefully we'll get some more people! You're welcomed to create as many as you'd like, and it's wonderful you're a fan too!

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 am

Awesome. ^^ I have two Gargoyles that I've put the profiles together for {their names are London and Orlando}. Ah- what's your policy on Oberon's Children? Has the Gathering already taken place, etc? I can also throw in a villain if we're pressed for something evil. ^^ I'm gifted with the ability to play up to twenty characters evenly at a time, so I can pick up any minor characters that can pop in and out. ^^; Anything to keep a potentially fantastic RP alive, I always say.

I have pictures of them drawn, I do not have them scanned as of yet. ^^; London is slightly less developed than Orlando, sorry.

Name: Orlando
Clan: Wyvern/Manhattan
Appearance: Orlando stands at about 5'5", looking up at most of the other males. He sports a light lavender skin-tone with thick, bat-like wings that span about his height and once-and-a-half as wide. His ears appear frilled, almost webbed, on either side of his elongated face. His mouth ends in a beak-like structure, giving the gargoyle an almost bird-like appearance. Spines begin from his forehead and stretch down the back of his neck, ending where his back begins. He wears a simple black belt of studded leather and golden buckle, which supports a deep, reddish-brown loincloth that covers him well down to his knees. Other than his purple skin, his most prominent feature is a section of his left leg that remains stone, even as he awakens from slumber. The area is cracked and damaged, and has a large chunk missing from the back. He keeps this wrapped loosely with a bandage to avoid it being stared at and to keep it safe from further harm.
Personality: Orlando is the sweet, caring type. He is most definitely a 'lover' not a 'fighter.' He tends to be on the quiet side, only speaking when absolutely necessary, making sure everyone is listening when he does. On occasion, he is mistaken for mute, preferring to convey his intent through body language as opposed to using words that could be interpreted as empty. He enjoys the simpler things in life, more fascinated with nature and the weather than technology and humans, though he harbors dislike for neither.
Strengths: Orlando has a certain Charismatic appeal about him, making him persuasive when he does utter sound. He's also a skilled chess player, which applies to the way he fights. He makes up for his lack of strength and dexterity with strategy. He also fights solely on the defensive, making sure he doesn't take a direct hit from any source.
Weaknesses: Orlando is on the thin side, leaving him the least threatening male available in the Wyvern clan. His injury, which refuses to heal, has also left him with a limp and the inability to run. His fighting style also provides no offensive moves, leaving him vulnerable when he tires out or is forced to flee.
Skills: Orlando plays chess like a champion, though finding an opponent proves itself difficult as a gargoyle in a human world, he thinks ahead of his opponents and has become skilled in predicting human behavior. He is able to read and write English and do basic mathematics.
Weapons:
Abilities: Orlando possesses normal gargoyle attributes- the ability to glide, the ability to heal wounds through stone sleep {aside from the wound on his leg}, the gargoyle's extended lifespan, and the like, but has no other special abilities to speak of.
History: Orlando was neither a loner nor an outcast, simply quiet. He grew up quite content with his rookery-mates, watching some of them spar with each other and rough-house whilst he sat back and watched. He was never one to speak much, and he got along well with the humans that often wandered the courtyard at night, especially the little ones. The only one of his rookery-mates he ended up speaking freely to was London, a young female gargoyle with a sharp tongue. On the morning of the massacre, Orlando was among the ones that were destroyed. He was pushed off his usual ledge into a wagon of hay. Another gargoyle's remains fell atop him, shrouding his still-intact body from view and sparing his life- but not without a price. A large section of this fellow gargoyle struck his stone leg hard, cracking the rock that was Orlando's being. A chunk of it fell away, leaving it damaged permanently. The section of his leg never returned to flesh, it instead remained stone, leaving it without pain or feeling but impeding his ability to walk. When he awoke once more, he searched for survivors but was inevitably cursed with the rest of them to remain asleep for a thousand years.
Upon awakening from this slumber, he immediately found himself in an alien place. It wasn't long before he had spotted a travel guide of Florida and selected 'Orlando' to be his name for the time being. He had liked the ring of it, and he could not very well live in a human-dominant world without playing by their naming rules.
Other:

Name: London
Clan: Wyvern/Manhattan
Appearance: London is a moderately attractive young gargoyle, standing at 5'7" at her full height. She is slender in build, though not particularly curvy in figure. Her arms and legs make her appear lanky and thinner than she really is, though this is only the illusion of long, thin appendages. Her skin in a steely blue that seems to change color ever so slightly depending on how she stands in the moonlight. Her wings stretch out wider than she is, but not quite taller, ending in spidery finger-like claws at their highest point. Her black hair is usually tied back in a bun- aside from the front, which she allows to hang over her grey, ram-like horns as they curl back under her pointed ears. A streak of navy pierces the ebony that is her hair, trailing down to frame her thin, angular face. She stands on her toes, each foot accompanied by a sinister-looking black claw that curls up and over her normal clawed toes. She is dressed in a simple, short brown dress, adorned with colorful patches where it had torn in places long ago.
Personality: London isn't too bright. In fact, she tends to be rather idiotic at times. She's slow to learn, often making the same mistake over and over before she even believes she is doing something wrong. She's loud and outspoken, often blunt and uncaring with her words- though never mean or in ill-intent. She sticks with whatever it is she decides to do, no matter how dangerous or hopeless the situation may be and she is blindly loyal to her clan, never questioning reasoning for an order- direct or indirect. She tends to be aggressive and overly-forward when it comes to meeting new people or talking with others outside the clan, although she is generally good-natured. When she fights, London tends to be overly-brutal. She holds no fear for anyone or anything and often has to be forced to back off from a fight.
Strengths: Speed and force are London's two greatest assets. She acts before she thinks, leaving her movements unpredictable and often impulsive. While she isn't strong, so long as she has enough room to build up speed, she can take down opponents twice her size.
Weaknesses: Intelligence is not London's strong suit. Nor does she do well in close-quarters. She isn't strong enough to fight off an opponent if she cannot take advantage of a lot of room to maneuver and planning... isn't even in her vocabulary.
Skills:
Weapons: London has a five-inch curved claw on each of her feet that she uses to rake opponents apart when she gets the chance.
Abilities: As with Orlando, London's only abilities come with being a gargoyle.
History: London enjoyed life at Castle Wyvern. She grew up with several of her rookery-mates as close friends, including a silent little gargoyle later to be known as 'Orlando'. She would often rough-house with some of the males, matching their ability and often trouncing them in their sparring matches. She was always loud and often in the faces of the local human population, leaving them with a dislike for her. She tended to get herself into mischief, only to have to get herself back out of it. She was a playful spirit, toying with the children, moving suits of armor about, locking doors, unlocking doors, leaving things on the ground to be tripped on. And she was practically hated by the castle guard for her antics.
On the evening before the massacre, London had snuck out to play in the surf below the castle. She lost track of time and turned to stone on the beach, the tide concealing her. She awoke again, covered in seaweed and bits of kelp, to find that her clan had been destroyed, only a few surviving the attack by chance or luck. Frustrated with herself, she vowed never to leave her surviving rookery-mates' sides again- as they didn't deserve to die while she got to hide away. As with the others, she ended up frozen for the millennium, only to find an amazingly bright new world. She quickly found herself the name 'London' as something appealing, though she at first didn't know what it was.
Other: She has taken a liking to Orlando, whom she is determined to make speak his mind at all times. She may also be directly related to MacEnder.
Last edited by Kita-go-nyaa on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:26 pm

!

It's alive! Huzzah!

Clearly, I didn't find the people I thought I would. However, I'd still love to get this going.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinistra on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

I would love to get in on this. I just need to write up a character, gimme a day, then I'm happy to join!

Sinistra
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Sweetness!

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Yay! Another person!

Hey, Stairdweller, do you mind if London is related to MacEnder, not that they would worry too much about it- as the hatchlings are the children of everyone. I noticed after I had designed her that she looks a lot like him. ^^

I drew my gargoyles!
Orlando:
London:
The Two of Them:

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I'd noticed that they rather looked alike too, and I don't mind a bit if they're related. Adds an extra little bit of interest, it does. Nice drawings, by the way. *smile* I'll have to do one of MacEnder now, it would seem.

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Haha, I guess you do. ^^ And thank you, I worked hard on 'em. Though I wish my scanner didn't bastardize my coloring scheme. -grumbles- But, I do love them. Orlando is so cute. X3 I love him so much. I worked on him a lot and I'm still working out a few flaws in London.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crimson on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 am

Reserve me a spot people I will be coming in as a human and maybe even a Gargoyle but one I have to really do some crash course on remembering the show. (Because I want too ^^) Then I also need to think up some good characters and all and in class at the moment so I don't have much time to.

Crimson
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinistra on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Name: Gregori
Clan: Wyvern, now Mahattan
Appearance: Gregori is tall and lithe, with a dusty blue skin tone and blonde hair. He has a pronounced brow and six horn protrusions just below his hairline. He wears a long brown skirt with a ring belt. His tail usually is seen peeking from underneath his skirt. He wears a cowl around his neck that he can raise over his head like a hood, the same cloth as the skirt. His wings are brownish on the outside, so that when they are folded around his shoulders, he appears to be wearing a monk’s robes.
Personality: Kind and gentle, Gregori is well versed in lore and religion, having been the protector of a Gregorian monastery. He is usually silent, but thoughtful and well spoken. He is shy at first around newcomers, but will quickly warm up to them.
Strengths: His patience and intellect.
Weaknesses: Stone by day, will always try to find a peaceful solution to a problem.
Skills: Taught some magics by a witchwoman as a hatchling. Skilled combatant.
Weapons: Claws, talons, teeth.
Abilities: Strength, speed, the ability to glide, accelerated healing during sleep.
History: Gregori was hatched at Castle Wyvern, 993 years ago. A bright and inquisitive hatchling, he learned anything and everything he could from those in the castle and around it. Moira, a witchwoman who worked in the kitchens, taught him herbology and some basic spells to help protect himself and cure sickness. Playing in the forests one night, he heard the sound of chanting. Following the sounds, it lead him to a Gregorian monastery. He listened to their enchanting music all through the night, perching on their roof in a secluded place. Every night he would go back to the monastery, where he was eventually discovered by the monks. They considered him a demon at first, but eventually he befriended them and joined their ranks as a brother. Cloaked in the robes of a monk, he evaded detection by those seeking to destroy the gargoyles. By night, Gregori was the protector of the monastery. Since he was not human, the monks forbade him to take the name of a saint, and instead he took the name of his order, becoming their nighttime protector. He awoke from his slumber one night to find the monastery sacked and his fellow friars murdered by the invading vikings. Racing back to the castle of his kindred, he fought off the last of the vikings, only to learn that the humans he sought peaceful coexistence with had bespelled his kind. Seeing no choice he too agreed to be bespelled until the rest of his clan awoke.
Other:

**I just changed his history a bit to fit better with the intro.**
Last edited by Sinistra on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sinistra
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Omg... I LOVED this show... I am so glad I saw this Roleplay, I have to get in on this. Are there spots still open in the Manhattan Clan? Actually, I may have my gargoyle start out as a rogue type... I have this awesome picture a friend sent me (haven't talked to him in forever, but I digress) that I haven't been able to use... until now.

*Scrambles off to make a character*

EDIT: I'll play a Human too, if I'm allowed to have more than one character.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 pm

^^ We can have several characters. I'm happy I spotted the RP and demanded it's resurrection as well. I'm surprised at the number of people who want to join. It's very exciting. X3 I finally get to use London and Orlando (though I only created them a few weeks ago). I'm sure there's still plenty of slots available in the Manhattan clan and a human would be awesome. ^^ I think I might give our 'faux Xanatos' a shot later if no one takes 'em.

Sinistra, I really like Gregori. ^^

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stairdweller on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Hey, if we're creating an amoral Xanatos-esque corporation, I'd be happy to go halvsies with you and co-create some evilish humans. Oh, and do you suppose we'll have a faux Pack? I mean, no necessarily TV fighting heros, but some sort of human crime syndicate?

Maybe big game poachers or something? I know if I'd love to have a London-head for my wall....

Stairdweller
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Oooh, that would be fun. X3 London is terrified of you at the moment. ^^; Actually, she isn't, London's fearless, Orlando's scared for her. -gives Orlando a pat- He worries for her, so she doesn't have to worry ever. None too bright, that one... -sigh-

Anyway, I love makin' villains. ^^ I can't wait to get this roleplay started. It's quite exciting. X3 Methinks a 'faux Pack' would be a pretty good step in the right direction, evil-wise. Perhaps I'll dig up some of my old villains from my archives.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Well,Owl, Sinistra, and Crimson, might I say, WELCOME! I am pleased to find yet more fasn! It makes me happy!
Sinistra, you're approved!Welcome :)

And Kita, I LOVE your pictures! They're awesome!

There are several spots open in the Manhatten clan, but you're welcomed to make a rogue if you'd like.

As far as villains, I would love to create a company villain similiar to that of David Xanatos. And maybe a Pack-like group would be awesome. If not TV Series heroes, maybe a group of Monster Hunters/Bounty Hunters/ etc.?

Also, I'm creating a human private detective who becomes involved in the Gargoyles' lives and becomes their daytime guardian. Anyone else is welcomed to create humans to do the same :)

And since we have more people, I would like to discuss how the clan might come to America. Will a compay like Xanatos's bring Castle Wyvern to New York, or maybe a private collector (like an eccentric old man or mysterious woman) might have been intrigued with the legend and brought them over instead. It's up for discussion!

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!